Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378747 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2018
This is our professional, aluminum fabricator, call us or wattsap us ,08135810794
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
gretop:
I need a quote for window with specifications below; Tower Aluminium cascaded window, 16mm buglary, Net, 5mm Thick blue tinted windows. Project ready for executio
. This A and S aluminum company, dear sir or ma quotation for ur new project, (1) 900*900by1700= 3pics=#30,000 units prices =#90,000
(2) 1500*1700 1pics. #40,000, #40,000
(3)600*1400. 13pics #28,000#364000
(4)1200*900. 1 pic. #32,000#32000
(5)1500*1200. 1pic. #38,000#38000
(6)1200*1400. 1pic. #36,000#36000
Grand total, #600,000 for the project, kindly call us or wattsap us on this no 08135810794, u can still send to our email, info@ariseandshinealuminium.com, or check our web site, http:/ariseandshnealuminium.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
Depend the location of the sites sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
Adedward:
Hellow house this is A and S aluminum company will can help u to fabricate ur desire windows any where in Nigeria. Presently we are doing 1200*1200, #35,000 tower standard materials with free transportation, with burglary, proof call us now, grap ur copies,

No advertisement in this thread, please.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
mufutau55:

No advertisement in this thread, please.

Hajji M.
OK sir, sorry sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Shegman22(m): 5:13am On Oct 25, 2018
meohio7777:
Good afternoon house, Please I need a good Concrete Stamp Floor expert. I will appreciate tested and trusted contacts from this threads. Thanks
Contact us on whatsapp 08060891332
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Engineermbugame(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
Nice one guys
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 3:36am On Oct 26, 2018
Good day all.

I need your advice on parapet. I want to know if polystyrene is a better option to concrete.

Are there people who have used polystyrene for parapet before. Any regret whatsoever? Kindly advise pls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BELCO: 5:28am On Oct 26, 2018
Abdomox:
Good day all.

I need your advice on parapet. I want to know if polystyrene is a better option to concrete.

Are there people who have used polystyrene for parapet before. Any regret whatsoever? Kindly advise pls.
Concrete fascia either as precast or insitu concrete is the most common and reliable, nevertheless anyone that has seen in and out of the two (polysteren and concrete ) can judge best, but from my one sided opinion I will say that devil you have known for long is better than angel that is yet to come.

Kindly check our signature for construction services. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2018
GOOD DAY
i supply blocks and interlocks , in case you need my service.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys, I want to ask a question about parapet. In my school day, I experiment a concrete work test by introduce shaw-dust into concrete and was tested OK at a certain proportion.

I want to ask if this could be introduced in parapet work to less the corresponding weight
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2018
Takoro13:
Hi guys, I want to ask a question about parapet. In my school day, I experiment a concrete work test by introduce shaw-dust into concrete and was tested OK at a certain proportion.

I want to ask if this could be introduced in parapet work to less the corresponding weight
u want to add sawdust to concrete?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BetterWorld100: 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2018
We have an office space to lease off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja for N1.6million. Any successful referral will be rewarded. for more info call 08020889369 [color=#990000][/color] shocked shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
Rubbiish:

u want to add sawdust to concrete?
You heard me clear sr. It is a clear question that deserves answer as the case maybe. Sr, how do we produce asbestos material.

This has been tried on brick/block especially non load bearing walls. Roof slab in considerable, careful and professional way. I did that of cube test myself and was considered with pure concrete one. It has head advantage of less weight and low cost to concrete cubes.

Am here to learn sr
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
Takoro13:

You heard me clear sr. It is a clear question that deserves answer as the case maybe. Sr, how do we produce asbestos material.

Am here to learn sr
I asked because i haven't seen or heard sawdust mixed with concrete for construction works. I am also here to learn.

lets await experts opinion...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johnadelaide00: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2018
Text book abi na School Engineer. Dem ask question you dey respond like boss
Takoro13:

This has been tried on brick/block especially non load bearing walls. Roof slab in considerable, careful and professional way. I did that of cube test myself and was considered with pure concrete one. It has head advantage of less weight and low cost to concrete cubes.

Am here to learn sr
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2018
good dey house, this IS[ A AND S] ALUMINIUM CONSTRUCTI0N COMPANY, HOW BUSINESS TODAY ALL,KINDLY ASK ANY THING ON A
ALUMINIUM

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2018
Johnadelaide00:
Text book abi na School Engineer. Dem ask question you dey respond like boss

No bi textbook no bi school engineer.

Am sorry if I sound like boss. I was trying to say my mind. Accept my apology.

Am here to learn. If you read my first post you would understand what I mean. I only ask question not that I know much about it but was trying to say how far I know about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
My welder gave me estimate of 250k for 4 bedroom burglars
With the designs below
I need technical advice
Haven't done something like this before.. I beat it down from quotations of 285k using 3/4 bars
They are 19 inclusive of toilet windows, kitachen and front with railings

Also to plaster in and out was 170k
workmanship and 80 bags of cement
These pple want to kill me
It lies on 11*18.5m

Kindly help with your technical opinion also need someone who can help with aluminum company located in ibadan.. Contact for aluminum supply
u can call this number for ur aluminium O8135810794 A AND S ALUMINIUM VENTURES
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Debteecreations(f): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
Takoro13:

Am here to learn sr

shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
educhigo:
thanks for the nice advice, i appreciate,but the problem is that i base abroad and i dont have trusted someone who can help me to develop the land,i plan to build something there whenever i go back to nigeria.my father is late and some of my sisters behavior is very bad because they think that we are picking money on the road here

There are people here (Contractors) you can still trust. Approach them on phone, explain yourself and give them money, they will try their best for you. You can also let the "house" be aware, invase you are still nervous.

Abdulwastecx, Spyder are just two of them who work in those areas. There are others but these two are 199% certified

I am certain these ones will not eat your money, unlike that other one who played a fast one on Mr. canada.

Abeg, make una help this man if he approach una, l really feel for him but l am not a Contractor so l cant help him cry cry

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Sisiekomi:
Don't mind my grammar ooo. So my friends have been disturbing me to leave Jekende in Lekki area where i stay and come down to Ajah area where they said houses are cheaper. I and my friend were introduced to an agent who after many attempts landed us to this compound at No 7 Sanni Ashimiu close (c/o Jisoro) in Ologunfe-Awoyaya, Ibeju-Lekki in Lagos State. Seeing that this room is a virgin room, we paid despite that there were lots of work to be still done by the landlord who is a lawyer, we made a big mistake by not asking other tenants how it goes there. Two weeks past the landlord started avoiding our calls to come and complete our one-room self-contained. when a lady packed out the landlord asked us to pack into this room, only for us to find out that water drops from the room, the room is leaking. and from the complaints by some of the tenants who are there, they said its normal thing for all the rooms to be leaking water. when i encountered one of the men that were working for him in the compound, he just told me that the landlord buys second-hand WC, zinc, wood, pako, even tiles, the doors kitchen and toilet doors were made of wood framed with PVC. after we threatened the landlord he gave us our money and we packed out. I only came up here because last week i was asked by a female friend of mine to go accompany her to where she wants to pay for a room. that she will pay and the landlord will complete it for her within one week. to my greatest surprise when we got to the location it turns out to be the same compound that at the front gate is a signpost ''TO LET'' which according to the agent that brought me it has been there since 5years now. the landlord likes it when people pack in and leaves after one year so that he will collect his agreement money. so when we got there that day i noticed that another building is been erected here without proper foundation, and that's where this my babe wants to pay. we noticed that PVC is been used with wood to do the decking. PVC in place of wood to deck An upstairs. Out of anger, I decided to take photos and put it up here to save the lives of people. it could be my relative that will rent that room tomorrow. when we went to a shop down the street to buy something, we told them what is going on in the compound. we were told there that what we saw is even small. that the landlord paid Northerners 5k to pack sand from the street since the street is interlocked. that's what they use in the building. and there is a known stuff like the tenants been afraid of the landlord because he will always tell them that he is a lawyer and so nobody can do him anything Please HELP ME PaSS THIS MESSaGE TO THE appropriate authorities TO SaVE PEOPLES LIFE. Take your time and feast on photos of both the building i once rented and the one he is building now
This compound belongs to certain Barr. IWUCHUKWU CHINWEIKPE

I laugh when l hear statements like the bolded!

Lawyers are not above the law and it is even worse for them because being "learned in law", a misbehaviour on their part wil be viewed even more seriously and he cannot ask for mitigation based on "l dont know".

A lawyer can be derobbed and barred for life, after serving his jail term, if he commits criminal acts.
I have seen it happen a few times.
The NBA and NJC can dsicipline any Lawyer or Judge, if need be.
Lawyers would sue another Lawyer on your behalf, if you need to prosecute a Lawyer

Please, dont let any Lawyer scare you, we are all under the same law and l have seen quite a few in Police cell. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Lovely Concrete Blocks and Paving Stones Available For sale

Very Strong Blocks and paving stones available

Specification:
Sizes: 6inch and 9inch

delivery anywhere on the Island

Price : Call for Price

Kaylord Enterprise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FADEO: 5:29am On Oct 28, 2018
bixton:

Good Day
I'd very much appreciate what foundation type you'll settle for when this project commences.
Please be kind to fill us in.
Thanks.

Good morning. Am back again to give feed back. We discussed this project alot concerning the foundation. So after proper analysis by the structural engineer and other input from engineers here. we eventual settled for pad footung with two underground beam. A lower tie beam and upper tie beam. Although as someone (aventure) suggested, the soil is a loose soil so we had great challengea of backfilling. It was a great challebge. So we have to employ the service of labourers that will continously pack and clean the backfilled sand.
At the moment, the underground beam has been done...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:49am On Oct 28, 2018
FADEO:

Good morning. Am back again to give feed back. We discussed this project alot concerning the foundation. So after proper analysis by the structural engineer and other input from engineers here. we eventual settled for pad footung with two underground beam. A lower tie beam and upper tie beam. Although as someone (aventure) suggested, the soil is a loose soil so we had great challengea of backfilling. It was a great challebge. So we have to employ the service of labourers that will continously pack and clean the backfilled sand.

Good Morning.
Nice to hear from you. Construction work is a challenge and it takes great courage from both the client and engineer to play their roles efficiently as best they could.
Please try to give us little feedback as the job progresses.
Nice work, keep it up.
Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by charmzdeen: 7:33am On Oct 28, 2018
For Tiles, Wc, Taps, Doors, Pumping machines, jacuzzi, Waterheaters, wallpapers, etc call or WhatsApp 08132755555
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by charmzdeen: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
My welder gave me estimate of 250k for 4 bedroom burglars
With the designs below
I need technical advice
Haven't done something like this before.. I beat it down from quotations of 285k using 3/4 bars
They are 19 inclusive of toilet windows, kitachen and front with railings

Also to plaster in and out was 170k
workmanship and 80 bags of cement
These pple want to kill me
It lies on 11*18.5m

Kindly help with your technical opinion
I also need someone who can help with aluminum company located in ibadan.. Contact for aluminum supply

For Tiles, Wc, Taps, Doors, Pumping machines, jacuzzi, Waterheaters, wallpapers, etc call or WhatsApp 08132755555
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damola311: 7:50am On Oct 28, 2018
FADEO:

Hi, is it advisable to use this type of techniques for a foundation (using concrete like 4 inches to fill the block parts only as in the picture) for someone that can't afford a full German floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 8:03am On Oct 28, 2018
FADEO:

I would like to advise u sir, A little soil test & a little investigation of the Natural Flood plain of that area might have saved you a lot dah u have spent on this foundation. A simple Pad, Strap or Raft might have been the result of the soil test or @ worse deep foundation. Bare eyes can't determine the strength of an Homogeneous material. Soil test could have saved u the stress of going through this much. I always advise soil test.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DEXTROVERT: 9:43am On Oct 28, 2018
Adedward:
u can call this number for ur aluminium O8135810794 A AND S ALUMINIUM VENTURES

Where are you based
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 10:44am On Oct 28, 2018
Adedward:

good dey house, this IS[ A AND S] ALUMINIUM CONSTRUCTI0N COMPANY, HOW BUSINESS TODAY ALL,KINDLY ASK ANY THING ON A
ALUMINIUM

A beg who be this A & S aluminium... Him for not carry him advertisement elsewhere? It is annoying and distracting jare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.