Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4380412 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2018
DEXTROVERT:

Where are you based
opposite redemption camp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:51am On Oct 30, 2018
tjshamtip:
Good morning Nairalnders, please considering the attached house plan, advice me on how many bags of cement and gravels i need for the DPC (german floor). Thanks in anticipation.

CC:MUFUTAU45
SPYDER880

If your target slab thickness is 150mm and mix ratio is 1x2x4, it should take about 25 bags of cement.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 8:37am On Oct 30, 2018
Abdomox:

??
So sorry for the error. Was thanking you for the analysis you gave and also kindly asking to know if your build is somehow the same size with mine. Mine measures 42ft X 42ft. It has a total of 17 doors and 14 big Windows and 4 toilet Windows. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fathermoo: 11:34am On Oct 30, 2018
Good morning house.
Please am an ardent reader and silent follower of this page and I can't but say God bless everyone for the good job.
I need contact of anyone that can do cement board in Lagos.
The cement board is for the white part of the building below. Thanks in advance.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2018
Daboomb:

CHAINED LINTEL:

Not just around (perimeter) of the building but also the inside dividing walls.
EVERYTHING, all the blockworks are CHAINED together so that they can give each other strength and share the weight of the roofs. Also prevent all those slanting cracks you see over walls and windows.
if you can afford it, it is the best method.
l am not a civil, structural or building Engineer but as a layman, this was the method l opted for during my first construction, l didn't know it was that important but years later I began to read the importance of doing chained lintel, it cannot be over emphasized cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
joycluv:
So sorry for the error. Was thanking you for the analysis you gave and also kindly asking to know if your build is somehow the same size with mine. Mine measures 42ft X 42ft. It has a total of 17 doors and 14 big Windows and 4 toilet Windows. Thanks

Mine 40ftx40ft and it is 15 doors....13 big windows....5 small windows

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2018
Abdomox:

Mine 40ftx40ft and it is 15 doors....13 big windows....5 small windows
Honestly I can't thank you enough for this. It's much better to get it directly from someone who has had similar experience. Plz did you do German floor? If you did, what was the thickness and how many bags of cement did you use? Still Thankful...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
joycluv:
Honestly I can't thank you enough for this. It's much better to get it directly from someone who has had similar experience. Plz did you do German floor? If you did, what was the thickness and how many bags of cement did you use? Still Thankful...

No I dint. I only filled all the foundation blocks with cements and gravels.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2018
cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
Abdomox:

No I dint. I only filled all the foundation blocks with cements and gravels.
Ok. I will still be consulting u for other things as we proceed. God see you through in your project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tjshamtip: 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
spyder880:

If your target slab thickness is 150mm and mix ratio is 1x2x4, it should take about 25 bags of cement.

Thank you sir, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
joycluv:
Ok. I will still be consulting u for other things as we proceed. God see you through in your project

Alright Sir. Wish you God's favour too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BELCO: 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
fathermoo:
Good morning house.
Please am an ardent reader and silent follower of this page and I can't but say God bless everyone for the good job.
The cement board is for the white part of the building below. Thanks in advance.
Call 0815 707 9887 Ayo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
jabolo:

Shame we have to import everything though. Any enterprising engineer or our brothers from the East could simply offer this as retrofitable accesories for all the millions of WCs out there.

I see no big deal, just a replacement cover moulded to accomodate the tap and drain, then simple plumbing attachment in the basin itself.

And, you know what? There is plenty of funding out there for this sort of thing. Just pitch it to a well-connected NGO or international donor organization with such bombast as "a water saving device that addresses the shortage of water in the third world brought about by climate change ..."

This is true. I actually did a bit of searching to get that image when i was presenting a paper on minimizing potable water use in order to address the problem of water shortage. most places in sub-saharan Africa and Cities like Capetown in S/A, Yemen etc will soon run out of potable water. And we know the implications.

We all know the problem lack of potable water causes. Infact, per year, more people die from lack of potable water than all the wars combined.

So the challenge i had was developing a new product that will help reduce the use of water so that it is more readily available. There are some challenges with the prototype already developed and we are trying to modify it for the African markets.

The major issue is FUNDING. if we can develop this model, and actually perfect it, we can save lives and also, the better for our environment.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

With assorted of wc flowing in from a technologically advanced China? Believe me so long as there is no stable source of power supply in this country we are on a long thing cool.

The cost of producing that wc here may end up higher than the average imported ones.

True. But just as China makes almost all the products going to the U.S, we can also take this prototype to China, give them our own standard, and they will make thousands for us at a cheap price, and try to secure government waiver so the prices will be reduced.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
Just testing my login credentials....to make sure it still works.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
3strikes:
[size=20pt]Lastpage uses all these monikers Excuzeme, Daabomb,commonsense101 and Cinephilia to form different identity online.
Lastpage is a fraudster. He works closely with Bosun shoyeye aka Brabus, N3xt of nexthome on the backend...you need more info just ask.

People be warned!
[/size]

Am now born again!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mzora(f): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
please experts in the house help out....the kitchen area of a bungalow is decked and carry's the water tank,now that area is kinda peeling out(I don't know what word will best suit it) on the inside...how best do we tackle this problem to prevent a disaster from happening... note:The building is a bungalow...even the kitchen walls are peeling out with minor cracks....thank you..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
Mzora:
please experts in the house help out....the kitchen area of a bungalow is decked and carry's the water tank,now that area is kinda peeling out(I don't know what word will best suit it) on the inside...how best do we tackle this problem to prevent a disaster from happening... note:The building is a bungalow...even the kitchen walls are peeling out with minor cracks....thank you..

why not transfer the tank to a stand alone steel stand?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mzora(f): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
aonag:

OK..thanks..is the steel stand better than constructing a stand with block and cement?(with 4 pillars)....(please I'll also appreciate cost implication of both if u can)...thanks...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
KolaShangOne:

True. But just as China makes almost all the products going to the U.S, we can also take this prototype to China, give them our own standard, and they will make thousands for us at a cheap price, and try to secure government waiver so the prices will be reduced.

I don't see the need for the prototype in question here cus water is not that much as issue in Nigeria. My opinion though .

Maybe for middle Eastern state like the Arab worlds YES but here NAH
Its going to be less costly as I see it though .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baugustine(f): 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
Let a professional handle your insurance matters........ CALL OR WHATSAPP ME NO 08106246463 Consolidated Hallmark insurance PLC we reduce your *stress* *_consolidatedhallmark.com_*
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
3strikes:
Just testing my login credentials....to make sure it still works.
wow been a long while
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2018
dear sabi folks,

Chinese or Nigerian made pVC ceiling? and who knows the average cost in the Delta axis?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2018
fathermoo:
Good morning house.

Please come to my abode.

Dominion

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 11:03am On Oct 31, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
dear sabi folks,

Chinese or Nigerian made pVC ceiling? and who knows the average cost in the Delta axis?

Go for Amoula PVC(Nigerian). You can check their site for price.

http://www.amoulaventuresltd.org

China made PVC is of lesser quality but cheap. A bundle is N6,000 in Lagos aside the accessories, and can cover 8sqm. Price in Asaba should be between N6,500 - N7,500
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks a lot

Dominionng:

Go for Amoula PVC(Nigerian). You can check their site for price.

http://www.amoulaventuresltd.org

China made PVC is of lesser quality but cheap. A bundle is N6,000 in Lagos aside the accessories, and can cover 8sqm. Price in Asaba should be between N6,500 - N7,500
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:21am On Nov 01, 2018
aonag:

yes, that is what l can advice u on, pls go and do ur standing stell for uor tank pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:33am On Nov 01, 2018
Pls can someone tell me how much they are selling amoula p v c now in Lagos market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:34am On Nov 01, 2018
Adedward:
Pls can someone tell me how much they are selling amoula p v c now in Lagos market
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oloshi83: 10:03am On Nov 01, 2018
Morning seniors

I’ve been following this thread silently and the amount of knowledge shared is amazing.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest where to get good quality internal doors from? I’m not after the 80-100k a door type ones as this is for a rental property and I need just under 20.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2018
Good day,

Please what's the length of 10mm iron in Nigeria.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.