Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1060) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442586 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rubbiish:

Do people still do inbuilt wardrobe? Thought it is kind of outdated since it is not flexible...
. So which one now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
joycluv:
. So which one now
Do detached type. the one u can move around should incase u decide to give your room another arrangement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mzora:
OK..thanks..is the steel stand better than constructing a stand with block and cement?(with 4 pillars)....(please I'll also appreciate cost implication of both if u can)...thanks...
The steel stand is more easier to construct. but maybe a little bit more expensive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mzora(f): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2018
Rubbiish:

The steel stand is more easier to construct. but maybe a little bit more expensive.
OK..thanks...lemme look for money and do it to prevent a disaster from happening...I'll appreciate any help I can get here too..to protect me and my kids.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dalof2000: 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
Go to your local Plank market or big saw mill around you. That was what i did and it worked out for me. If you're any where around
Ikorodu go to ITA MAGA MARKET opposite LASPOTECH second gate, you will pick and choose. Goodluck!!
Adedward:
call me for this, 08135810794
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dalof2000: 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2018
Go to your local Plank market or big saw mill around you. That was what i did and it worked out for me. If you're any where around
Ikorodu go to ITA MAGA MARKET opposite LASPOTECH second gate, you will pick and choose. Goodluck!!
Adedward:
call me for this, 08135810794
[/color][color=#770077]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
dalof2000:
Ikorodu go to ITA MAGA MARKET opposite LASPOTECH second gate, you will pick and choose. Goodluck!![/color][color=#770077]
l don't understand ur message pls,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2018
dalof2000:
Ikorodu go to ITA MAGA MARKET opposite LASPOTECH second gate, you will pick and choose. Goodluck!![/color][color=#770077]
l dont understaand u language pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seanfer(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2018
drkay:
Hello Sirs, I want to embark on this project, precisely next week. We're planning to move here from our 4 year old bungalow. Same city( Abeokuta) but different environment. The land is quite small, we have another structure beside the proposed building so we are left with this piece of land to build this. The project is going to be supervised by a builder. 3 designs were sent and I chose this. I just want to have an idea of what to expect in terms of cost. I told him that I want us to do it in phases.
The first phase will be from foundation to completion of the decking, second will take it to level and parapet, 3rd
will be roofing and all that and we continue like that, non stop (In Sha Allah).
Please what's the reasonable amount to expect in the first 2 phases? Any suggestion as regards the design?
Nb: the land was sloppy but it's been sand filled to level 1 year ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seanfer(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2018
educhigo:
urgent answer needed,how much can i use roof this building in delta state asaba with aluminum zinc long spine

It depend on what type of roofing you want
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:37pm On Nov 03, 2018
seanfer:

It depend on what type of roofing you want
what kind of aluminum u want to use, we have longs pan 0.45,0r 0.55, which one u want?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:24am On Nov 04, 2018
Abdomox:

Thank you. But what I need is, the length of the iron rod, not thickness.

Is it 10m long or what?
the length of an iron rod is approximately 12meters or 39ft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:31am On Nov 04, 2018
Oloshi83:
Morning seniors

I’ve been following this thread silently and the amount of knowledge shared is amazing.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest where to get good quality internal doors from? I’m not after the 80-100k a door type ones as this is for a rental property and I need just under 20.

Thanks
3 x 7 or 4 x 7
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Quickroofingpro: 2:40am On Nov 04, 2018
[color=][/color]urgent answer needed,how much can i use roof this building in delta state asaba with aluminum zinc long spine

Hello,

Kindly check my signature or better still contact me on 08122253956 or (watsapp) 08174884396 for a better analysis regarding the questions you asked.
We supply and install trusted and reliable aluminium roofing materials (full Guage) of either 0.45mm, 0.55mm etc at the best market prices.
N.B. We deliver everywhere in Nigeria.

Quick Roofing Concepts. angryurgent answer needed,how much can i use roof this building in delta state asaba with aluminum zinc long spine

Hello,

Kindly check my signature or better still contact me on 08122253956 or (watsapp) 08174884396 for a better analysis regarding the questions you asked.
We supply and install trusted and reliable aluminium roofing materials (full Guage) of either 0.45mm, 0.55mm etc at the best market prices.

Quick Roofing Concepts.[color=]urgent answer needed,how much can i use roof this building in delta state asaba with aluminum zinc long spine

Hello,

Quick Roofing Concepts. angryurgent answer needed,how much can i use roof this building in delta state asaba with aluminum zinc long spine

Hello,

Quick Roofing Concepts.[/color][color=][/color]urgent answer needed,how much can i use roof this building in delta state asaba with aluminum zinc long spine

Hello,

Hello,

Quick Roofing Concepts.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2018
Babs612000:

Please which wood is that .
the best wood for doors, are either teak, mahogany, Masonia, Abora, Black Afara, they are furnish woods

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2018
Mzora:
OK..thanks...lemme look for money and do it to prevent a disaster from happening...I'll appreciate any help I can get here too..to protect me and my kids.
correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2018
Please help with price of:

Granite- 10tonnes
Sharp Sand- 10 tonnes
4" nail- 1 bag
3" nail- 1/2 bag
Binding wire- 1 roll
10mm iron rod- 10pcs

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2018
Abdomox:
Please help with price of:

Granite- 10tonnes
Sharp Sand- 10 tonnes
4" nail- 1 bag
3" nail- 1/2 bag
Binding wire- 1 roll
10mm iron rod- 10pcs

Thank you.

Cc checktaut

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BELCO: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
fattyboy02:
House,

I am looking for a good engineer that can advise me on what actions to take on a recently built house that's showing major Cracks around the fence, compound floor and some inside the building.

Please drop your contact and I'll reach out or just email Mrfamo@famoinc.com
It appears this building is built within a high settlement zone. You need a good foundation engineer for a quick advise, in my little experience you might need to support the foundation.
Also, it seems the compound retains water at that back so the water finds it's way into the soil around there causing the compound settlement and fence wall cracks.
There are great engineers in here, search them out and let them help you out.
See our signature for our services.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BELCO: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
fattyboy02:
House,

I am looking for a good engineer that can advise me on what actions to take on a recently built house that's showing major Cracks around the fence, compound floor and some inside the building.

Please drop your contact and I'll reach out or just email Mrfamo@famoinc.com
Thanks.
appears this building is built within a high settlement zone. You need a good foundation engineer for a quick advise, in my little experience you might need to support the foundation.
Also, it seems the compound retains water at that back so the water finds it's way into the soil around there causing the compound settlement and fence wall cracks.
There are great engineers in here, search them out and let them help you out.
See our signature for our services
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nifemiayoade(m): 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2018
happy first Sunday of the month, ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, we are saying have a wonderful Sunday . for your perfect architectural design ,structural drawing and perfect construction pls call 08069253261 now

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2018
Happy Sunday my man, we shall see the last Sunday in this 2018, December in Jesus name, thanks weldone ,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Eedris002: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
Please Agent in the house I have a plot of land with 4 bedroom foundation for sale and it's urgent, it's my personal property, the land is at Iyana Coker Ifo Ogun state, please anyone interested should contact me on 07081059048
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:01am On Nov 05, 2018
Eedris002:
Please Agent in the house I have a plot of land with 4 bedroom foundation for sale and it's urgent, it's my personal property, the land is at Iyana Coker Ifo Ogun state, please anyone interested should contact me on 07081059048
OK, we are going to get back to u ,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2018
gabbytabby:
yes I do but give him a week cos he is working for me at the moment.

Here goes if not for now for another time painter 07054301675

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2018
Hello House, Please oo what's a fair price to pay for labor for plastering a fence of 285sqm?, I would also appreciate a breakdown of how many bags of cement and tonne of sand I will be needing, Thanks y'all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2018
gabbytabby:
Here goes. Cost to roofing including ceiling. The addendum and caveats to follow. This is for 4 units of room and parlour self contained and 2 units of 2 bedroom flats.

1) I do have a lot of time on my hands and over 10 years knowledge behind me to do the costing and know what i do need at each stage
2) I self project manage and supervise all my buying.
3) I virtually lived on site.
4) All professional fees are waved because this is phase 2 of a much larger project. Also because of these, stuff like borehole water was already on site.
5) We pulled down a bungalow and reused windows, roofing wood and filing sand all of which i already adjusted for in the costing.

Attached below is the spread sheet of costings to roofing.
Essentially done with 15m all in for 4 room and parlour self contained and 2 two bedrooms it’s for rental and has a medium finish. Sorry no spreadsheet attach still recuperating I tire to the bones and under the weather.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2018
gabbytabby:
Essentially done with 15m all in for 4 room and parlour self contained and 2 two bedrooms it’s for rental and has a medium finish. Sorry no spreadsheet attach still recuperating I tire to the bones and under the weather.

So nice and inspirational. Wishing you speedy recovery mentally and financially. Congratulations.

At least this one don commot for road. You fit see front now.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soke02(m): 11:56am On Nov 05, 2018
U can contact me for ur concrete blocks and cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
diordaves:

So nice and inspirational. Wishing you speedy recovery mentally and financially. Congratulations.

At least this one don commot for road. You fit see front now.

I finally came to the end of a 10 year project. Omonile almost made me not do this final bit. I just tire to fight. But then thank Ambode and the Lagos house cos not one visit from them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Shegman22(m): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Hello House, Please oo what's a fair price to pay for labor for plastering a fence of 285sqm?, I would also appreciate a breakdown of how many bags of cement and tonne of sand I will be needing, Thanks y'all.
Contact mosmarbuilders on whatsapp 08060891332

(1) (2) (3) ... (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights, gentlesoul83(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.