Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,547 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4434238 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (3676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
gabbytabby:

I finally came to the end of a 10 year project. Omonile almost made me not do this final bit. I just tire to fight. But then thank Ambode and the Lagos house cos not one visit from them.

It's a great finish. It is not how far, but how well. You've done well.

Is the property tenanted now? How are you getting on? The self-contain will rent like hot cake. With the current climate in Nigeria, three bedroom rental is overrated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hello House, Please oo what's a fair price to pay for labor for plastering a fence of 285sqm?, I would also appreciate a breakdown of how many bags of cement and tonne of sand I will be needing, Thanks y'all.

Kaybthaniels:
Hello House, Please oo what's a fair price to pay for labor for plastering a fence of 285sqm?, I would also appreciate a breakdown of how many bags of cement and tonne of sand I will be needing, Thanks y'all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oilmaney: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2018
diordaves:

It's a great finish. It is not how far, but how well. You've done well.

Is the property tenanted now? How are you getting on? The self-contain will rent like hot cake. With the current climate in Nigeria, three bedroom rental is overrated.
it’s all tenanted. Let’s just say I really would not advise a 3 bed in most areas. They tend to have a higher void rate when vacant but on the other hand if you have the right tenants in in a good area then it’s not uncommon for people to stay put for 10 years plus.

My tenant preference is family so having a mixed 1 and 2 beds works. The 1 beds are really hot cake.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 46O1CE: 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
I think I need to move to my hometown
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 46O1CE: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
gabbytabby:
it’s all tenanted. Let’s just say I really would not advise a 3 bed in most areas. They tend to have a higher void rate when vacant but on the other hand if you have the right tenants in in a good area then it’s not uncommon for people to stay put for 10 years plus.

My tenant preference is family so having a mixed 1 and 2 beds works. The 1 beds are really hot cake.
You have really tried madam

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2018
Maplewood Furniture Nigeria Enterprises is into furniture and interior decoration. Its products include:
Kitchen Cabinet
Bed
Wardrobe
Sofa
Office Furniture
Doors - Paneled & Plushed
Upholstery
Dinning Tables and Chairs
All Joineries
Our mission is to create value for our customers through Reliability, Flexibility, Integrity and Excellent Service Delivery. We want every Maplewood Furniture experience to be warm, worry-free, and comfortable through respect and trust.
Contact us:
Tel: 08050249627, 07032186146
Whatsapp: 08022283035
Email: maplewood04@yahoo.com
Like our Facebook Page: Maplewood Furniture

...Providing High Quality Furniture

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naija2real: 11:33am On Nov 06, 2018
Can someone please give me the average daily pay for 1.Mason 2.Laborer in Anambra state, Awka to be precise. Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
naija2real:
Can someone please give me the average daily pay for 1.Mason 2.Laborer in Anambra state, Awka to be precise. Thank you.

People here have advised you bargain on the job to be done, and not on number of manpowers involved.

For example, if it's laying of blocks...pay them N50/block for 6 inch, and N60/block for 9 inch block.

With this, they wont slow down job unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kizitorich: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
Urgent Vacancy.

Graphic Designer wanted at White Soul Motors Limited.

The individual must possess an IT skill.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Abdomox:

People here have advised you bargain on the job to be done, and not on number of manpowers involved.

For example, if it's laying of blocks...pay them N50/block for 6 inch, and N60/block for 9 inch block.

you are right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
KolaShangOne:

This is true. I actually did a bit of searching to get that image when i was presenting a paper on minimizing potable water use in order to address the problem of water shortage. most places in sub-saharan Africa and Cities like Capetown in S/A, Yemen etc will soon run out of potable water. And we know the implications.

We all know the problem lack of potable water causes. Infact, per year, more people die from lack of potable water than all the wars combined.

So the challenge i had was developing a new product that will help reduce the use of water so that it is more readily available. There are some challenges with the prototype already developed and we are trying to modify it for the African markets.

The major issue is FUNDING. if we can develop this model, and actually perfect it, we can save lives and also, the better for our environment.

For as long as no one uses the hand/washing bowl (for sufficient time) after flushing the toilet, how will the reservoir be refilled?

It may require 2 levels of filling & a way to measure/discharge a fixed volume for flushing.

Level 1(eg. 0-50% of reservoir capacity) to be refilled immediately after each complete emptying. Level 2 (eg. 50-100%) to be filled from recovered wash bowl water. Plus an overflow line to drain incase reservoir is full. Each flush to measure out a fixed volume.

High complexity due to extra moving parts.
More efficiency, more costs, less hygiene, less durability!

Better to have bioseptic tank, and recycle waste water after collection.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluwaferanmi1605(m): 7:42am On Nov 07, 2018
let's help you prepare for the Fort coming dry season, we are reliable company when talking about borehole drilling (industrial and domestic).
when you ask us for what we give you ocean.
contact ultimate water solution today on 07051541632,08067974314.thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:59am On Nov 07, 2018
Good morning house, l we'll comes u all to today's journey, almighty GOD will protect us, from today's journey , amen,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:12pm On Nov 07, 2018
mountmoriah:
the best wood for doors, are either teak, mahogany, Masonia, Abora, Black Afara, they are furnish woods
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2018
Kaybthaniels:

what is the exactly Perimeters of the land and how many coaches/courses
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2018
Abdomox:

u are right

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ainas247: 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2018
Can someone here Please help to sell this fast within a week. I will Give You 100k.

And If you want to buy it you are welcome I personally owns it. Giving it for very cheap price..

Thanks

Contact me +2348022792012

Please see more pics and more details

https://www.nairaland.com/4573234/1999999-crazy-offer-week-only

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dageek: 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
I have been a silent follower on this thread. And I must say the truth, I have gain a lot of things from professionals here.

I started my building project last year Nov 7 and today made it a year. I am really happy it has got to finishes stages.

I will post pictures of the building later, but I would need the help of the professionals here to help me out on the cost of this things :

I have done the electrical piping, the plumbing piping, so am about installing a POP and SUSPENDED CEILING

I have called someone from my hood here and he gave a quotation of N268,000 for a measurement of 67sqm. (Workmanship inclusive)

I have asked for the break down of the cost, so I can get the cost for materials and the cost of workmanship.

but while waiting for his answer, I want to know how POP ceiling are prices per meter.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:50am On Nov 08, 2018
Dageek:
I have been a silent follower on this thread. And I must say the truth, I have gain a lot of things from professionals here.

I started my building project last year Nov 7 and today made it a year. I am really happy it has got to finishes stages.

I will post pictures of the building later, but I would need the help of the professionals here to help me out on the cost of this things :

I have done the electrical piping, the plumbing piping, so am about installing a POP and SUSPENDED CEILING

I have called someone from my hood here and he gave a quotation of N268,000 for a measurement of 67sqm. (Workmanship inclusive)

I have asked for the break down of the cost, so I can get the cost for materials and the cost of workmanship.

but while waiting for his answer, I want to know how POP ceiling are prices per meter.

POP per square meter should be between 3000 - 3500naira per square meter. But remember your electrician must pull the cables before the commencement of POP/sespended ceiling

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Whizzfield: 6:24am On Nov 08, 2018
Fireproof Noise Absorption Curved Thread Wood Wool Panel Interior Decoration
PanelsForWalls possess a group of skill technicians and high professionally sales. We have occupied the domestic market of decorative panels for walls through all my member efforts in the latest years. The acoustic materials goods quality and after sale service are the most important core competence for a company. Our company insists on the ideology of close to customers, close to market, full service of without distance.
Fire Rated Sound Absorbing Curved Thread Wood Wool Panels Interior Decoration
1.Customized thickness available for bulk orders
2.Excellent acoustic performance
3.High Temperature proof
4.We are the manufacturer.
Products
Acoustical Insulation Acoustic Panel Vs Bass Trap Sound Reducing
Non-Combustible Ceiling Materials Wood Panel Acoustic Material
Wood Fiber Cement Board Facing Gypsum Ceiling Panel
Wood Wool Acoustic Panel Wood Wool Making Machine Sound Reduction
Country
Recife Brazil, Atlanta United States, Bremen Germany, Visakhapatnam India, Buenos Aires Argentina, Shizuoka Japan, Luton United Kingdom, Medan Indonesia, Nairobi Kenya, Faisalabad Pakistan, Seoul South Korea, San Francisco United States, etc.
The hexagon wall tiles and panels for walls are often used in exhibition center, library, gymnasium, airport, bowling center, inspection hall, function room, auction center, and so on.
Here are some of our projects: Foshan Library, Henan Xingmei Theater, Shandong Dongying Shengli Oilfield Convention Center, Manwan Power Plant in Yunnan Province Meeting Room, Anhui Tongling People's Theater, Suzhou High-Tech Zone Science and Technology Building, etc.
Visit: https://www.panelsforwalls.com/product/decorative-panels-for-walls/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2018
Request for Quotation

Kindly send quotation for Wood work for- roof, beam & parapet to info@prodigiousfarms.com.

Clarifications can be sought here or via the mail.

Thank you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2018
Dageek:

Congrats sir

How would you like a quotation on tiles,wc and sanitaries too

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2018
Abdomox:
Request for Quotation

Kindly send quotation for Wood work for- roof, beam & parapet to info@prodigiousfarms.com.

Clarifications can be sought here or via the mail.

Thank you.
l will send it now,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ijebulion: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2018
who can provide quotations for this, please send to greatfavour2019@gmail.com. its for completing plumbing works at my house.

S/NO DESCRIPTION QUANTITY NEEDED UNIT PRICE
1 TWYFORD WC 16
2 TWYFORD BASIN 8
3 SHOWER POLE(ROSE) 16
4 1/2 TAP 16
5 TIGER MAGIC TRAP 16
6 FLEXIBLE CONNECTOR 40
7 ANGLE VALVE 36
8 THREAD TAPE 10
9 BASIN TAP 8
10 LONG NECK TYPE 8
11 SILICONE GUM 10
12 ABRO GUM BIG 2
13 1/2 N/F SOCKET 30
14 1 X 3/4 ELBOW 10
15 1 X 3/4 TOE 10
16 1'' INCH ELBOW 40
17 1'' INCH TOE 10
18 4'' INCH ELBOW 15
19 3'' ELBOW 10
20 1'' SOCKET 30
21 4'' PIPE THICKNESS 25
22 1'' PPR PIPE 8
23 1'' PPR ELBOW 30
24 1'' VALVE 10
25 W.C SCREW 16
26 3/4 TAP 2
27 VENUS PIPE CONNECTION 16
28 INTERDAP PUMP 2
29 FOOT VALVE TIGER 2
30 1'' ADOPTER 20
31 1'' PIPE THICKNESS 30
32 42 GAL 3
TOTAL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oladokuntk(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2018
Good afternoon Nairalanders, For Your Quality Paints directly From The Company (FINECOAT PAINTS), Quality assured, Batch Intact and Pocket friendly Price.
Call or WhatsApp 08068183448.
Mr Oladokun Theophilus Kehinde.
A trial will convince You
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
Hello Engineers and contractors,
please can someone tell me how much should an engineer/architect charge for supervising my building project. my engineer is asking for 300k to supervise from ground floor block setting to first floor slab (slab included). he charged me 300k from foundation to german floor which i think was even too much. please what's the best charge for the next phase in your honest opinion.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2018
Pls what is the current price of emulsion paint. 20lires (drum). I need to know ASAP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2018
Alkanelly:
please can someone tell me how much should an engineer/architect charge for supervising my building project. my engineer is asking for 300k to supervise from ground floor block setting to first floor slab (slab included). he charged me 300k from foundation to german floor which i think was even too much. please what's the best charge for the next phase in your honest opinion.
To me it's not expensive, it's normal price.
Some charge higher than that and some charge the same,others charge less.
Quality matters.
Negotiation matters as well.
God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2018
ijebulion:
who can provide quotations for this, please send to greatfavour2019@gmail.com. its for completing plumbing works at my house.

S/NO DESCRIPTION QUANTITY NEEDED UNIT PRICE
1 TWYFORD WC 16
2 TWYFORD BASIN 8
3 SHOWER POLE(ROSE) 16
4 1/2 TAP 16
5 TIGER MAGIC TRAP 16
6 FLEXIBLE CONNECTOR 40
7 ANGLE VALVE 36
8 THREAD TAPE 10
9 BASIN TAP 8
10 LONG NECK TYPE 8
11 SILICONE GUM 10
12 ABRO GUM BIG 2
13 1/2 N/F SOCKET 30
14 1 X 3/4 ELBOW 10
15 1 X 3/4 TOE 10
16 1'' INCH ELBOW 40
17 1'' INCH TOE 10
18 4'' INCH ELBOW 15
19 3'' ELBOW 10
20 1'' SOCKET 30
21 4'' PIPE THICKNESS 25
22 1'' PPR PIPE 8
23 1'' PPR ELBOW 30
24 1'' VALVE 10
25 W.C SCREW 16
26 3/4 TAP 2
27 VENUS PIPE CONNECTION 16
28 INTERDAP PUMP 2
29 FOOT VALVE TIGER 2
30 1'' ADOPTER 20
31 1'' PIPE THICKNESS 30
32 42 GAL 3
TOTAL

Yes we can give you the quote as specified.

you can also check this our tread
https://www.nairaland.com/4269078/public-display-all-plumbing-sernitary
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
Alkanelly:
Your question no clear...300k to first floor slab or frm foundation to german floor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (3676) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WeRise(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.