Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379589 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:09am On Nov 13, 2018
Good morning house
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 5:23am On Nov 13, 2018
Adedward:
Good morning house

Good Morning to you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:02am On Nov 13, 2018
Different strokes for different folks they say...

Personal opinion here, i think the VT should be completely out of sight. obscured view and not readily visible. however i agree with those that said it should be relocated for security reasons due to proximity to stairways.

cc: boyestic

gabbytabby:
The lower floor could have a better air flow by having the sitting room in kitchen location and the kitchen in the dinning area. All others look okay.

Also I think you might need to re site your VT by the sitting room where it can be visible from the entrance/guest room as it’s not everyone you want wandering round to locate it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2018
Goo job!
what you'll get here is mostly personal preference and some will not be relevant to you..

1. if possible, relocate VT on ground floor for security reasons due to proximity to stairways leading upstairs
2. landing area of stairs on top floor seems constricted
3. door to balcony from famiy lounge in awkward position wrt to seating arrangement. move door to one side to open into area behind the sofa.
4. you have to walk through the family lounge to get to master's bedroom, can this be avoided?
5. is the master bed his & hers? if so,i will definitely like to get more wardrobe/closet space from the master's bedroom. wardrobe seems about same size as other smaller rooms.

good design and presentation overall.

boyestic:
please help me critisize the floor plan,the architect is a nairalander and he will be reading also,thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 8:11am On Nov 13, 2018
lol...different strokes for different folks...in my village, you will not see 2.5m....

Flattino:
shocked shocked
I just made some enquires to buy a plot of land in my village in Osun State . And the prices are average of 400k shocked shocked
Land that was 150k ,200k . Just few years ago o. If I buy am make I bend grin.
Hometown of the new elected governor undecided
Nawa
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:23am On Nov 13, 2018
megacontrol:
Different strokes for different folks they say...

Personal opinion here, i think the VT should be completely out of sight. obscured view and not readily visible. however i agree with those that said it should be relocated for security reasons due to proximity to stairways.

cc: boyestic

we are saying the same thing it's a security/safety issue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flattino(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
lol...different strokes for different folks...in my village, you will not see 2.5m....

Is you village in Lagos island ?
Or Maitama,Abuja ? cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:

where in osun?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EmekaDesmond: 9:32am On Nov 13, 2018
Good morning all. Please I have a question, and would appreciate a helpful answer..

My wife's NYSC Call-up letter is bearing Rivers State as her State of deployment, but the Orientation Camp address is the address of Akwa-Ibom State NYSC orientation camp address.

Where should she report for her orientation exercise?

It starts the day after tomorrow. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2018
Adedward:
where in osun?
for ur professional fabricators, roof and windows, call A and S aluminum ventures, 08135810794, 0r wattsap
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olakennie: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
Please, I have a 1/2 a plot , and I intend to build a 3 bedroom bungalow (all rooms ensuite). No plan yet. Please, anyone with a descent plan that I can adopt? I intend to have a guest room and a study room (these are excluded from the initial 3 rooms). or is there anyone that that can design/draw a plan for for me at a very lowest cost? I also need idea on how to start the construction, and possible cost .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
boyestic:
please help me critisize the floor plan,the architect is a nairalander and he will be reading also,thank you.
Nice work but, I can be better

On the ground floor
1. Need to have an ante room
2. Guest room and v. Toilet shld be where the
kitchen is currently
3. The staircase shld be somewhere in the center propably where the dining is currently reason being that it's current position is affecting the upper negatively. It's actually not proper to access the bedrooms from the family living on the upper floor, so if the stairs is a kinda central position creating a lobby upstairs will be possible.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
olakennie:
Please, I have a 1/2 a plot , and I intend to build a 3 bedroom bungalow (all rooms ensuite). No plan yet. Please, anyone with a descent plan that I can adopt? I intend to have a guest room and a study room (these are excluded from the initial 3 rooms). or is there anyone that that can design/draw a plan for for me at a very lowest cost? I also need idea on how to start the construction, and possible cost .
You can reach me on 07038874438 Will defiantly work out a design for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
olakennie:

3 bedroom, guest room and study room...that's like 5 bedroom already, on half plot.

I can bet you will get people that will tell you it's possible to design this, but the rooms will be small based on the size of the land.

You can also advise on the size of the plot, so experts here can advise you better.

Remember, comfort over aesthetics design.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
megacontrol:
Goo job!
what you'll get here is mostly personal preference and some will not be relevant to you..

1. if possible, relocate VT on ground floor for security reasons due to proximity to stairways leading upstairs
3. door to balcony from famiy lounge in awkward position wrt to seating arrangement. move door to one side to open into area behind the sofa.
4. you have to walk through the family lounge to get to master's bedroom, can this be avoided?
5. is the master bed his & hers? if so,i will definitely like to get more wardrobe/closet space from the master's bedroom. wardrobe seems about same size as other smaller rooms.

thank you so much,i appreciate your professional input.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
Where are you located??

taskcompleteng:
Sharp Sand Price

5 tones. 18k

10 tones.....28k

20 TONES....55k

Please buy from us today

We can adjust to meet your need
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
LAGOS

where do you need supplies sir/ma?

Kaybthaniels:
Where are you located??

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cceramicaltd: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
For your Sanitary wares, we are available to work with Architects, developers e.t.c. Trust me, popular Architects on the Island will tell you that buying from us will be a good decision smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
Flattino:
shocked shocked
I just made some enquires to buy a plot of land in my village in Osun State . And the prices are average of 400k shocked shocked
Land that was 150k ,200k . Just few years ago o. If I buy am make I bend grin.
Hometown of the new elected governor undecided
Nawa
Where in Osun are you referring to? If i can help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
Is there anyone selling tiles in PHC here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
bixton:
Is there anyone selling tiles in PHC here?

We deliver to pH at a vary reduced rate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Where are you located??

i need filling sand if are located in okafo, badagry area.
the precise amount per ton.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
megacontrol:
Goo job!

I argued against the bolded with my parents when building their home. Just like you, they wanted the master access outside the family room.

My main point was that the family room is controlled by the master and family only. This room becomes a personal space of the master and his immediate family. Therefore, the master bedroom, family room and the balcony are all ensuite to the master.

To argue against, i would say if the master doesn't want disturbance from the children who may spend their own time in the family room, then the access to the master should be outside the family room.

One could say, besides, there is a door. I prefer the former. It boils down to preference.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 3:09am On Nov 14, 2018
EmekaDesmond:
Good morning all. Please I have a question, and would appreciate a helpful answer..

My wife's NYSC Call-up letter is bearing Rivers State as her State of deployment, but the Orientation Camp address is the address of Akwa-Ibom State NYSC orientation camp address.

Where should she report for her orientation exercise?

It starts the day after tomorrow. Thanks.
This is not NYSC forum go to NYSC l am sure you will get the answer.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lordwize(m): 7:36am On Nov 14, 2018
Good morning guys, how much should I pay, as workmanship for roofing a 3 bedroom flat?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
Lordwize:
Good morning guys, how much should I pay, as workmanship for roofing a 3 bedroom flat?
ur question not clear,to put the woods, we do it,# 40,000, for the covering of aluminium or jerad, we re doing , #35,000 thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seepanel: 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
I came across Very Cheap Cement Brands other than Dangote so I want to know how Reliable they are.

Dangote Cement is about 2,650 naira BUT some are still 1,500 naira though not Dangote Product. I want to know how Good they are.

Also which of them can I easily Buy in Ogun state ?

Am curious why Dangote Cement seems to be the Only one while there are others some even cheaper sef.

Below are some of them with prices :

Dangote Cement
50kg-pack of Dangote cement – ₦2,500 to N2, 800

Elephant Cement
50kg-pack of Elephant cement – From ₦2,500

Eagle Cement
50kg-pack of Eagle cement – From ₦2,550

UNICEM Cement
50kg-pack of UNICEM cement – From ₦2,550

Cellular Concrete Cement
50kg-pack of Cellular Concrete cement – From ₦1,800

Other Cement Brands
50kg-pack of Ibeto cement – From N1,500
50kg-pack of Ashaka cement – From N1,550
50kg-pack of Wapco cement – From N1,600
50kg-pack of Sokoto cement – From N1,550.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seepanel: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
What is the cost of Digging a Well in a Place like Atan, Ota in Ogun state ?

Also what's the cost of Doing Bore-Hole also - Just in case one might be cheaper than the other. Don't worry, We already know Bore-Hole is cleaner than Wells.

We are planning to molding our own Blocks and water surely would be needed for that and other things.

Also it would be used to secure the land also
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seepanel: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
We want to quickly put up a structure of 1-room Self Contain on our land so we can live there and monitor as the Main Building gets built.

The building would have the following
1 Standard Room
1 Toilet & Bathroom joined together in same building
1 Kitchen

We don't have a plan for the Self-Contain as we believe it can easily be done without paying for a plan.

We already ave a Plan for the Main Building BUT need to love on site to monitor things hence reason for wanting to build this SelfContain.

I want to know how many Blocks can complete it.
Land is dry (Would call it very normal)

Anyone have a step or ways we can build the self contain from Start to Finish with minimum spending. We would be Molding the Blocks to keep costs low and have better quality. In fact we would even supervise the Moulder sef .

Location is Atan Ota in Ogun state

If you have any Plan you want to drop, no issue else we can just do without it.

Thanks in Anticipation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
gabbytabby:
I would always coordinate my roofing wood, aluminium and ceiling to be done at same time it’s more cost effective and time efficient I think instead of them coming and going and you can bargain together. I also think doing ceiling before plaster creates a better finish but then you need to watch that the bricklayers cleanany stain as they go.

All frames cupboard, wardrobes, door and window and metal doors are done as part of plastering and I no do engineer rate oh as me I no be engineer.

Also I have worked with several of them over some years (8/9 years with bricklayer, welder 9 years ets) and we do have a level of understanding and I know what their strengths and weaknesses are so it’s become easy.

A lot is about the planning and supervision

I doff my hat for you, you're a very good manager of resources.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
spyder880:

I doff my hat for you, you're a very good manager of resources.

Thanks bro. When person no get money him need to be creative

I sent someone to you but I think they are a little impatient so I advised them. I usually want them to liaise directly . Hope it works out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: erico2k2(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.