Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4396796 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2018
ijebulion:
Is AKORIKO wood a good wood to use to make a door?
Those in great knowledge of wood should please help out.

Where did you see this wood ....very good but scarce
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2018
rotecch77:

available at ondo on special order, and I can tell u this is very expensive
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2018
teaandteea:
we provide bulldozer clearing and tractor services
ploughing 20k per hectre..
harrowing 18k per hectre
ridging 18k per hectre
We do all d job to your satisfaction..
contact us on : 08125193014
I will need your service soon, I will get in touch with asap
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2018
teaandteea:
harrowing 18k per hectre
ridging 18k per hectre

Which one of these is a bulldozer service or at least a building service?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ijebulion: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2018
rotecch77:

This is the door i saw at my friends place and he said the wood used was Akoriko. Thats what the door manufacturer told him at the time of bargaining for the door making.
Please view at the picture closely

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
mountmoriah:
available at ondo on special order, and I can tell u this is very expensive

Please let's not encourage this.

There are other more sustainable sources of wood for doors that do not command such a huge price. Not just monetary price, but environmental legacy. We here are supposedly the 'educated' in society and we owe this to our children.

I drove through the Omo Forestry Reserve in Ondo sometime last year and you will weep at the rate at which these precious resources are being ravaged. There is no sustainability plan or recultivation. Just queues of 'Agbegi-lodos' as they're called, keen to espape (selfishly, IMO) with their precious cargo.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
jabolo:

Please let's not encourage this.

There are other more sustainable sources of wood for doors that do not command such a huge price. Not just monetary price, but environmental legacy. We here are supposedly the 'educated' in society and we owe this to our children.

I drove through the Omo Forestry Reserve in Ondo sometime last year and you will weep at the rate at which these precious resources are being ravaged. There is no sustainability plan or recultivation. Just queues of 'Agbegi-lodos' as they're called, keen to espape (selfishly, IMO) with their precious cargo.
I don't encourage it, I only signify the location where the woods can be gotten, because there are situation whereby curious inventors can insist this what they want, and there nothing we can do about it, because they only seek quality, if you have access to the state goverment where the woods is located, you can write the state goverment to stop deforestation, in fact I went further to state that the woods.are very expensive, looking my statement carefully sir. You will know that i'm not bias in my contributions sir. I only contribute my own quota.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2018
abbeycial:

without Paravet.
199 square metre for the longspan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
Takoro13:

Say something about kitchen 8*10 and dinning 8*8
depend the measurement of the house,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
kopell:
I just don't get it with you guys when trying to market stuffs online, don't you guys remember your advisement is worldwide. May be you guys expect someone form Abuja, Thailand, China, Singapore, Australia, Russia, Dubai, Malaysia, Ghana, Mozambique, Brazil, Mexico even Antarctica or Bayelsa to call you to make appointment to see the land abi. When you could post everything about the surroundings of the area clearly for any potential buyer to see what may be interesting to him or her before wasting there time. The question the brother ask may probably be most interesting buyers will continue to ask.
OK bro, l understand, l will send my brother to that place, to do video for me , on that land thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by teaandteea: 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
mountmoriah:
I will need your service soon, I will get in touch with asap
ok.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abbeycial: 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2018
Adedward:
199 square metre for the longspan
thanks alot boss.
kaai.. knowledge is power.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
abbeycial:

thanks alot boss.

kaai.. knowledge is power.
u are welcome, l can supply u, l have 0.45, #1150, 0.55= 1600, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abbeycial: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
Adedward:
u are welcome, l can supply u, l have 0.45, #1150, 0.55= 1600, thanks

how do I contact you privately?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
abbeycial:

how do I contact you privately?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:14am On Nov 23, 2018
Gud morning house,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:59am On Nov 23, 2018
Sorry for this advert.
A family friend of mine wants to sell the following.

Rukpoku 4plots; 6m per plot.
Elelenwo 5plots ;9m per plot
A storey building with 16 self contained, laundry rooms and kitchen on 2plots at Aluu ;25m
2Bedroom flat @Elekahia housing estate for 14M.
All in Rivers State.

Anyone interested can reach me on 08039387432(call/whatsapp).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
sako28:
My Ogas,
Can a 63A changeover switch carry a 5 bedroom duplex.

Thanks
Sako28

not advisable, though its load dependent, assuming 1 ac+1 hot water tank per room, thats about 20amps x 5, then sitting rms and all. i recommend 200amps or even higher, such items are not that expensive, its better you buy higher capacity that lower wch will overheat, burn when overloaded

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
Well-done sirs

Please,

For a very low budget, which do you advise between the 8ft 'Aluminum' and Slate/Asbestos to roof a bungalow?

Thank you!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
sako28:
My Ogas,
Can a 63A changeover switch carry a 5 bedroom duplex.

Thanks
Sako28

How many AC, Water heater do you have? I can do my calculation and get back to you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
earthrealm:

not advisable, though its load dependent, assuming 1 ac+1 hot water tank per room, thats about 20amps x 5, then sitting rms and all. i recommend 200amps or even higher, such items are not that expensive, its better you buy higher capacity that lower wch will overheat, burn when overloaded

200Amps is much and besides 20Amp is not really for AC. There is calculation that normally determine the total load of a particular building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
mountmoriah:
a land that is already fence with gate, and documentation intact, how will they access the land, they will pull down the fence and remove the gate? That is what he said expect you don't read that part, there is gate and fence already on the land
Aluminum is better than Asbestos, aesthetically and health wise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
topsy23:

How many AC, Water heater do you have? I can do my calculation and get back to you

8 nos of 1hp AC.
1 no of 1.5hp AC.
4 no of 15 liter water heater.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2018
sako28:

8 nos of 1hp AC.
1 no of 1.5hp AC.
4 no of 15 liter water heater.

I guess I still have other appliances like fridge and all it’s not advisable sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
twinskenny:

I guess I still have other appliances like fridge and all it’s not advisable sir

So what rating will you advice?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PhilKoncept: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
Need competent and reliable facility management company? Talk to us today, Visit www.sefacilities.com or call our customer care line 234(0)8172004012 for more info

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
topsy23:

200Amps is much and besides 20Amp is not really for AC. There is calculation that normally determine the total load of a particular building

theoritically, a 2hp ac is abt 1600w / 240v = 7amps approx, yet 15amps fuse is specified for it, water heater, small ones is 1000w, big ones 1500w, 1000w/240v = 4amps approx, so 11amps total for 1 room, using a 20amps fuse/breaker ix an acceptable design philosophy.
again, the market is awash with fakes, a 25amp rated product might actualy be 10amps! in reality
the op is asking about changeover abi??...for nepa/generator??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 5:15am On Nov 24, 2018
earthrealm:

theoritically, a 2hp ac is abt 1600w / 240v = 7amps approx, yet 15amps fuse is specified for it, water heater, small ones is 1000w, big ones 1500w, 1000w/240v = 4amps approx, so 11amps total for 1 room, using a 20amps fuse/breaker ix an acceptable design philosophy.
again, the market is awash with fakes, a 25amp rated product might actualy be 10amps! in reality
the op is asking about changeover abi??...for nepa/generator??

Yes change from Nepa to generator
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 5:58am On Nov 24, 2018
teaandteea:
harrowing 18k per hectre
ridging 18k per hectre
This is for tarred road, street etc?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 7:27am On Nov 24, 2018
twoMcfemad:
Well-done sirs

Please,

For a very low budget, which do you advise between the 8ft 'Aluminum' and Slate/Asbestos to roof a bungalow?

Thank you!
Asbestors

(1) (2) (3) ... (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10, Beframia and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.