Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4380214 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mightymiracle(m): 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
Yes. Biodun @ 08139201200
He has done work for many Nairalanders here.

Hajji M.

Thanks @ Hajji M. I appreciate you sir. ��[color=#000099][/color]�
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2018
good work always sells.

Mightymiracle:
@ Hajji M, with all respect sir. I learnt the attached casement window is from you. Can you please drop me with the fabricator's number as window is the next face of my building project or anything similar to it with burglary embedded. Thanks. We are members of Kobo Kobo style ooo.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 10:39am On Dec 06, 2018
How does POP plan affect nogging please?

mountmoriah:
ladies and gentlemen, if you are sending your measurement or roofing plan, for your roofing carcass and covering always take note of the below

1. If you have a parapet or not

2. the type of roofing sheets you are using

3. Your own propose vertex or king post or height of your roof

4. State if you are using pop in all your interiors because of the ceiling noggin

thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:17am On Dec 06, 2018
gbadexy:

Thanks very much sir for the endorsement.

Talking about quotation, please confirm the following prices:

1 drum of ready mix potty for screeding
1 drum of brilliant white Emulsion for POP Ceiling
1 drum of colour emulsion ( choice colour supplied later). What are the choices available in this category in terms of product type: eggshell, vinyl, Matt, etc and your recommendation for a superb finish
1 Gallon of rich black oil paint for protector, gate, water tower.

Products will be delivered to Warri delta State. So what's your delivery charge and minimum order (if any) to take advantage of economy of scale?

What is your lead time: So if I paid today, when will I take delivery?

Do you have a colour chart for your products? I have attached two colour charts as reference. So we may be working with MANDARIN in the first chart. In the delux chart it is labelled SUNGOD (SP26471). We will also work with CREAM, PEPPERMINT, WATER and GLORY (SP24800) in the Delux chart.

Please let me know if you would experience challenges producing any of these colours. If you would; what are your outlay alternatives?

I will contact you deep into the process later, but let's get some preliminary clarity here first for the benefit of others before we go private.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2018
diordaves:

Talking about quotation, please confirm the following prices:

1 drum of ready mix potty for screeding
1 drum of brilliant white Emulsion for POP Ceiling
1 drum of colour emulsion ( choice colour supplied later). What are the choices available in this category in terms of product type: eggshell, vinyl, Matt, etc and your recommendation for a superb finish
1 Gallon of rich black oil paint for protector, gate, water tower.

Products will be delivered to Warri delta State. So what's your delivery charge and minimum order (if any) to take advantage of economy of scale?

What is your lead time: So if I paid today, when will I take delivery?

Do you have a colour chart for your products? I have attached two colour charts as reference. So we may be working with MANDARIN in the first chart. In the delux chart it is labelled SUNGOD (SP26471). We will also work with CREAM, PEPPERMINT, WATER and GLORY (SP24800) in the Delux chart.

Please let me know if you would experience challenges producing any of this colours. If you would; what are your outlay alternatives?

I will contact you deep into the process later, but let's get some preliminary clarity here first for the benefit of others before we go private.
Okay sir. I'm mindful of the rules on advert but I would state the prices here for the sake of clarity.
A drum of screeding putty is N7000
A drum of brilliant white emulsion is N4500,
A drum of colored emulsion is N5000 irrespective of shades, bright or deep shades is the same.
A drum of matte emulsion is N14000.
A drum of satin is N18000 and a gallon is N4000.
A drum of silk is N22500 and a gallon is N4500.
silk has semi gloss sheen also but it gives a thicker film coat than satin.
The best for pop ceiling in terms of aesthetics is matte. it's flat with little roller marks and has soft sheen.
matte, satin and silk can be used for inside use and they are all cleanable. they are best used on screeded walls.
matte emulsion is better for external use. The wall may not necessarily be screeded but given a primer to smoothen the surface before application.
The rich black oil paint is N6000 per gallon. The keyword here is the rich. The resin binder would be the type used for road marking for durability.
I can match any color but the challenge is getting the correct color sample.
Phones give different shades from each other. The best is if I could send you my Sherwin Williams color chart to choose from or you can get hold of dulux color chart from painters closeby.
I will charge N400 per bucket and it's always easier and cheaper with high quantity but I can send a minimum of 10 drums.
Even after giving price here, it's still subject to negotiation as experience has shown that clients still negotiate for discounts which is in turn dependent on total volume.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
gbadexy:

Okay sir. I'm mindful of the rules on advert but I would state the prices here for the sake of clarity.
A drum of colored emulsion is N5000 irrespective of shades, bright or deep shades is the same.
The best for pop ceiling in terms of aesthetics is matte. it's flat with little roller marks and has soft sheen.
matte, satin and silk can be used for inside use and they are all cleanable. they are best used on screeded walls.
matte emulsion is better for external use. The wall may not necessarily be screeded but given a primer to smoothen the surface before application.
The rich black oil paint is N6000 per gallon. The keyword here is the rich. The resin binder would be the type used for road marking for durability.
Phones give different shades from each other. The best is if I could send you my Sherwin Williams color chart to choose from or you can get hold of dulux color chart from painters closeby.
I will charge N400 per bucket and it's always easier and cheaper with high quantity but I can send a minimum of 10 drums.
Even after giving price here, it's still subject to negotiation as experience has shown that clients still negotiate for discounts which is on turn dependent on total volume.

I love your professionalism. What is your price for a drum of primer?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
diordaves:

I love your professionalism. What is your price for a drum of primer?
primer is N4500 per drum sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
gbadexy:

primer is N4500 per drum sir

We will now do the rest in private. January looks good. I think the site is dry enough now for painting. I'll get back to you in due cause. Thanks a lot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
diordaves:

We will now do the rest in private. January looks good. I think the site is dry enough now for painting. I'll get back to you in due cause. Thanks a lot.
you're welcome sir. would be expecting to hear from you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
Abdomox:
How does POP plan affect nogging please?

because of the ceiling nogging, some are done using 2ft x 2ft spacing for pop and 2ft x 4ft spacing for PVC and 4ft x 4ft for asbestos slate, u will need more 2x2 woods if u are doing 2ft x 2ft ceiling nogging spacing compare to 4ft x 4ft spacing, or 2ft x 4ft spacing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2018
Which dimension is best for POP please?

mountmoriah:
because of the ceiling nogging, some are done using 2ft x 2ft spacing for pop and 2ft x 4ft spacing for PVC and 4ft x 4ft for asbestos slate, u will need more 2x2 woods if u are doing 2ft x 2ft ceiling nogging spacing compare to 4ft x 4ft spacing, or 2ft x 4ft spacing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2018
Abdomox:
Which dimension is best for POP please?

if you are dealing with a professional pop modeler or designer, they can use 2ft by 4ft ceiling nogging, since the binding wire they will use to hold the pop is attach to the tie beam not the nogging, only their yawn is connect with the ceiling noggin, but the fact still remain that majority of them insist on 2ft x 2ft ceiling nogging spacing, for reasons best known to them, so it will be the best to give them what them want, so know excuses from them to the client, so I will say 2ft x 2ft ceiling noggin spacing is the best for them.

I will attach pictures tomorrow to support my professionals advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nextstep(m): 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
Ulu45:

Thanks once again. I'd correct d plumbing connect some other way.

You can try to apply a little heat to the pipe to make it pliable so you can bend it back a bit. I've had success doing that a couple of times.
Be sure to use a heat gun (produces hot air), and not an open flame/fire because you will risk burning the pipe or making it too soft. Slow, steady pressure while heating it all around.

Try this technique with a spare piece of pipe first to get a feel for what will happen.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otix(m): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2018
abdulwastecx:

Your four bedroom flat cost depend on the size of the rooms, finishing and structural members.

this depends on taste of finishing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otix(m): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
[quote author=Adedward post=73535036]Good evening house, interested in building services....i.e electrical & mechanical installations and supply ...call 08133453312

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
does anyone have an ideahow much a meterof stair case railing with glass as thd picture below costs? just rough estimates would be fine. thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:36am On Dec 07, 2018
aonag:
does anyone have an ideahow much a meterof stair case railing with glass as thd picture below costs? just rough estimates would be fine. thanks
morning , we are doing with frame with glass. #40k per square metre. Without glass, #33 k frameless. 55k per square metre

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2018
ceelog:

And what's wrong with it, if I might ask? It's a bungalow remember! Adding the inside fence will require more work and more days. But you'll cherish the moments working together.

grin grin grin grin
you forget this is nigeria/africa where men only use their hands to eat or to touch women cool cool

you need to see the looks on peoples faces when i tell them i change my car engine oil myself,..most dont understand, others think am stingy grin grin
lolz, i even change the steering and gear fluid myself.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by csiworksnig(f): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
I have done my daily Aproko on this thread today.. Just passing by. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:23pm On Dec 08, 2018
cheesy
csiworksnig:
I have done my daily Aproko on this thread today.. Just passing by. grin

Lolzz

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ulu45: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
nextstep:

You can try to apply a little heat to the pipe to make it pliable so you can bend it back a bit. I've had success doing that a couple of times.
Be sure to use a heat gun (produces hot air), and not an open flame/fire because you will risk burning the pipe or making it too soft. Slow, steady pressure while heating it all around.

Try this technique with a spare piece of pipe first to get a feel for what will happen.

This is what we did. Chiselled d beam well enough, stretched the rebar outward, applied heat to the pipe to get it flexible, passed it through the stretched rod, readjusted the rod and then plastered.
Thank you once again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 1:56am On Dec 09, 2018
Gud Morning house,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
Good evening everyone I trust you all had an exciting weekend,please am in need of someone who can pull off decorative wall mould design,attached are pictures of what am talking about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
gbadexy:

Even after giving price here, it's still subject to negotiation as experience has shown that clients still negotiate for discounts which is in turn dependent on total volume.

Gbadexy abeg what do you professionals now call the old "oil paints" used in older buildings?

What are the merits and demerits of that paint. It seems to have faded in use nowadays.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:58am On Dec 10, 2018
ceelog:

Gbadexy abeg what do you professionals now call the old "oil paints" used in older buildings?

What are the merits and demerits of that paint. It seems to have faded in use nowadays.
Perhaps it is known by another name that I'm not familiar with but since it's oil based paint, I doubt there would be much difference from the gloss paint in use now.
Oil based paints are not really good for walls except wooden or metal parts.
They completely seal off the walls and don't allow the walls to breathe through allowing exchange of water vapor. This makes the building to retain heat within.
The advantage is that it totally seals off the surface and prevent contact with water which is a good thing when the water is from outside but becomes and issue when it is ground water trying to escape through the building. It traps it in an it eventually leads to the failure if the paint and sometimes the plaster there as water can't be stopped.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igbi: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2018
mufutau55:

Oga mi. Can you do without directly or indirectly advertising in this forum? Why dont you keep to rules? Do you want to be banned first? Ok o.

Hajji M.

Good morning Oga Hajji. M I sent an email to you about a building plan, please can help check it out and advice? Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2018
igbi:

Good morning Oga Hajji. M I sent an email to you about a building plan, please can help check it out and advice? Thank you.

Sorry, I didnt get any email. Why not post the plan here and let many professionals give you their advise here. Two heads is better than one. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
gbadexy:

Perhaps it is known by another name that I'm not familiar with but since it's oil based paint, I doubt there would be much difference from the gloss paint in use now.
Oil based paints are not really good for walls except wooden or metal parts.
They completely seal off the walls and don't allow the walls to breathe through allowing exchange of water vapor. This makes the building to retain heat within.
The advantage is that it totally seals off the surface and prevent contact with water which is a good thing when the water is from outside but becomes and issue when it is ground water trying to escape through the building. It traps it in an it eventually leads to the failure if the paint and sometimes the plaster there as water can't be stopped.
Chai, these guy is freaking good at his job / explanations, it seems you studied paint technology up to PHD level, your response above and several others l have read on here is concise and spot on cool

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Chai, these guy is freaking good at his job / explanations, it seems you studied paint technology up to PHD level, your response above and several others l have read on here is concise and spot on cool
Thank you very much sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SurveyorGeo, saydfact(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.