Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442427 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 8:15am On Jan 31, 2019
marygold:
Please I need advise on best but affordable bath tub and WC to use for my building.

Here you can get an affordable WC and bathtub. Going to the market always be careful not to get the feak thing WC and bathtub we have most if nt all from china, the big name you here e.g sweet home, twofold, imex and so many more are mostly from China and they are all durable and affordable. Don't mind when they tell you this twyford England, England twyford hardly enter Nigeria nowadays. So just make sure you get a good product welder China or nt.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 31, 2019
Royruky:

Good day sir,

I have a building which I intend to roof soonest. Its dimension is 64ft by 45ft. What's the likely quantity of long span roofing sheets I'm likely to use (in sq metres)? I need expert opinion to avoid been ripped off

Thanks.
you can only get accurate measurement when the physical wooden roof carcass is done, apart from that any measurement you are getting now will be plus or minus 10% or 15%, but you can have an ideal what you should be budgeting, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
New Year OFFER!!!
Lagos Island, Victory Island, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah, Shogotedo/Ogombo

Buy 60tons Granite @N175,000/30tons get 30tons Stonedust Free while you pay N90,000 transport to site.

Offer while stock last. Hurry Now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Destiny27(m): 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
Destiny27:
Good morning professionals
I'm really worried and need an advice.

The pictures attached are the chambers for my house. I got worried because the pipes for water and feaces are in the same chamber.
I called my plumber to inform him and he said that it's the way it's done.
I feel its not safe to do so. It's like running the water pipe through feaces with the fear of contamination.
Now it will be difficult for mortar to cover them.
I need an advice from professional plumbers on how to go about this?
Is this how it should be done?
Is it safe to do so?

Nobody seems to be saying anything about this. Please I need criticisms
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
Destiny27:

The pictures attached are the chambers for my house. I got worried because the pipes for water and feaces are in the same chamber.
I feel its not safe to do so. It's like running the water pipe through feaces with the fear of contamination.
Is it safe to do so?

For maintenance sake... and also contamination to me it’s wrong
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
I still glance through this thread from time to time......your commitments on this thread is second to none. Wait!

Where in God's name is Egunmogaji oko afusa olobe iyo?
Where is Brabus?
Where is Lastpage the crayon man
Where is Ericko?
Where is Mavverick
Where is Brag3

Men! i miss those days.....................

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
Destiny27:

Is it safe to do so?

This is not too good, the odour will definitely find way back to the house through floor drain or through basin/sink. There should be a kind of demarcation if at one chamber is to used for soil and waste pipe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
topsy23:

This is not too good, the odour will definitely find way back to the house through floor drain or through basin/sink. There should be a kind of demarcation if at one chamber is to used for soil and waste pipe.

Good point from you that is why it's good to engage professional for building and any others job.( you cant loose or go wrong if you engage professional or ask for advise from them before you do anything that requires there imputs)

Actually there are 2 ways to do this
1.double stack system
2. Single stack system.

Single stack system is what the guy is trying to do their but it requires professional handling with some" P" strap materials to be used for some of the bathroom appliances to trap the backflow of odour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
hello Nairalanders, what is a reasonable charge for iron bender to complete iron work for my concrete slab including beams in port harcourt.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
Destiny27:

Nobody seems to be saying anything about this. Please I need criticisms
Who did it is not an Engineer let the op consult an Engineer.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Alkanelly:
hello Nairalanders, what is a reasonable charge for iron bender to complete iron work for my concrete slab including beams in port harcourt.
18-20k per ton, engage an Engineer.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
Chekitaut:
18-20k per ton, engage an Engineer.

thank you for the response, he wants to charge 250k but i told him 180k was the last am going to pay, now am seeing that the 180k is even too much from what you have just mentioned. he gave me a quote for the rods, 100 pieces for 16mm rod, 290 pieces for 12mm rod and 70 pieces for 8mm rod, 3 rolls of binding wire and 250k workmanship.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
HsLBroker:
you can only get accurate measurement when the physical wooden roof carcass is done, apart from that any measurement you are getting now will be plus or minus 10% or 15%, but you can have an ideal what you should be budgeting, thanks

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
topsy23:

Yeah, the plumber did same in my fathers building. The smell was later stopped using a form of chlorine (not exactly sure what it was) the plumbers bought it and poured in the septic tank. A year after, no smell detected.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 10:17pm On Jan 31, 2019
Destiny27:
Hello house, greetings to everyone.

I am planning to do both internal and external plastering of a 4-bedroom bungalow. The building has a sitting room with dinning, Masters bedroom with toilet/bathroom, 3 other bedrooms, kitchen, 2 toilets and one bathroom, a sit-out.

I want to have an idea of the financial implication.

Is there a way costing is done when it comes to plastering?

I would appreciate responses from the experts.

Got a Quotation of about 450K for plastering both interior and exterior for a 3bedroom ensuite..Bricklayer charges was 200K..The bricklayer was the one that did the building from foundation till Paraphet before roofing and co..so for a 4bedroom should not be more than 500 sha.I cant really say

Note..I did not employ the services of any contractor..I do it myself together with my Dad..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
Alkanelly:

What's the perimeter of the slab and type of structure?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
bixton:

What's the perimeter of the slab and type of structure?

the perimeter is 69.32m, the building is 22.7m x 11.96m. it is a 4 units of 2 bedroom flats. two up and 2 down.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 10:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
twinskenny:
Lights under the parapet yah or nay?

#Enugu

Light under the paraphet?How do they do that?Can we see a clearer picture of it?I dont think it wont really make sense or what do you think?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2019
Alkanelly:

thank you for the response, he wants to charge 250k but i told him 180k was the last am going to pay, now am seeing that the 180k is even too much from what you have just mentioned. he gave me a quote for the rods, 100 pieces for 16mm rod, 290 pieces for 12mm rod and 70 pieces for 8mm rod, 3 rolls of binding wire and 250k workmanship.
location of site.
Y8 by 210pcs makes a ton
Y10 by135pcs makes a ton
Y12 by 93pcs makes a ton
Y16 by 53pcs makes a ton

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 12:59am On Feb 01, 2019
Chekitaut:
location of site.
Y8 by 210pcs makes a ton
Y10 by135pcs makes a ton
Y12 by 93pcs makes a ton
Y16 by 53pcs makes a ton

thank you @Chekitaut
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SVPROJECT(m): 2:58am On Feb 01, 2019
Successbay:
Good Morning Builders/Engineers in the house.

Please I need a close estimate of the cost of plastering the interior and exterior of a 4 bedroom bungalow (Sitting room, dining, masters bedroom, 3 other bedrooms with toilets, kitchen, study room and a sit-out) and a BQ (sitting room, single bedroom, kitchen and toilet).

Site is located around Atan, Ogun State.

Thank you.

Roughly 300-420k depending on the sizes of the rooms and other areas.
We did a plastering on the thread below, Give it a check if it suits you.
https://www.nairaland.com/4843886/cost-how-built-project-3

You can call/whatsapp 07031112625
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:09am On Feb 01, 2019
[/quote] gud morning here, happy new months, to u all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcFresky(m): 8:21am On Feb 01, 2019
Heloo people,
I do 3d realistic renders, animations e.t.c.
I also work on fiverr, and a longtime level 2 seller.
Quote me for pricing lists[img][/img]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rachaelNO: 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2019
smiley
PYSHomesUK4:
nice subject by the way.

We have :

1 plot of land for sale in Amaenyi, Agu - Awka , Awka , Anambra State.

Mixed use land .

Ideal for investment and or development N2.5m

Call us now for a viewing.

0905 669 9031 0905 669 8980

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dalof2000: 1:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
Destiny27:

Is it safe to do so?

You definitely need a third party plumber and brick layer to see how you can re route the water pipes.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
happney65:

Light under the paraphet?How do they do that?Can we see a clearer picture of it?I dont think it wont really make sense or what do you think?
just some lighting point built together with the paraphet... couldn’t take clearer pictures because it was night
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
twinskenny:
just some lighting point built together with the paraphet... couldn’t take clearer pictures because it was night

OK
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
happney65:

Got a Quotation of about 450K for plastering both interior and exterior for a 3bedroom ensuite..Bricklayer charges was 200K..The bricklayer was the one that did the building from foundation till Paraphet before roofing and co..so for a 4bedroom should not be more than 500 sha.I cant really say

Note..I did not employ the services of any contractor..I do it myself together with my Dad..

Hello,

Pls need clarification on your plastering work:

Workmanship 200k
Material 250k

Am I right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 7:08pm On Feb 01, 2019
Abdomox:

Hello,

Pls need clarification on your plastering work:

Workmanship 200k
Material 250k

Am I right?

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
Destiny27:

Is it safe to do so?

I think the plumber is trying to cut corners. This is the stock in trade with some dishonest tradesmen. They will quote for a full best practice cost and deliver half measure pocketing the difference.

Best practice inspection chamber should be one chamber per outlet. Separate chamber for toilet discharge, separate chamber for kitchen waste and of course water supply to the house. Ideally, these should not mix or share same chamber.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nifemiayoade(m): 4:18am On Feb 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

Your question no clear...300k to first floor slab or frm foundation to german floor?
well I can advice you to call ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY. THEY ARE DOING WELL WHEN IT COME TO BUILDING CONSTRUCTION,ARCHITECTURAL , STRUCTURAL STABILITY, APPROVAL DOCUMENTATION, AND SO ON 080692532561

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.