Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4382751 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
Malevonent:
Hope i can get help here.
An apartment i want to rent for business.
1 of the rooms has this unsightly dampness.its upto 10inchies high in some parts of the room..am wracking my brain for a solution..some1 mentioned using tiles ..but methinks it wud look funny...
Is there something else i could use...that is relatively inexpensive

From what i see there, the affected wall is shared by a bathroom/toilet.

My parents house is facing the same thing, all walls shared by bathrooms have this dampness.

The problem in my view is tile spacing and sealing. Most times the affected is the floor tiles or floor drains.

Imagine the amount of water that goes into a small hole in between tiles. This admits water to underneath the tiles and gets to the walls where capillary action will damp the walls adjoining the bathroom.

Even if you hide the dampeness, you can still smell the dampeness.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
adanny01:

From what i see there, the affected wall is shared by a bathroom/toilet.

My parents house is facing the same thing, all walls shared by bathrooms have this dampness.

The problem in my view is tile spacing and sealing. Most times the affected is the floor tiles or floor drains.

Imagine the amount of water that goes into a small hole in between tiles. This admits water to underneath the tiles and gets to the walls where capillary action will damp the walls adjoining the bathroom.

Even if you hide the dampeness, you can still smell the dampeness.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iclass1: 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
please I need the price of the following 1- one load of granite 2- one load of sand thanks ( ikorodu area please)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iclass1: 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
please I need the price of the following 1- one load of granite 2- one load of sand thanks ( ikorodu area please)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesPro(m): 12:58am On Jan 29, 2019
meetmonde:
how big is 50/40 piece of land and what kind of structure can be developed on it and at what estimate cost please.. anyone with idea should help me out please.. thanks and God bless in advance

MODERN HOUSE PLAN | EXTERIOR/INTERIOR DESIGN

Are you in need of an experienced Architect in contemporary open living, light-filled homes, offices, restaurants designs etc. giving a close contact with the client at every step of the design process.

CLIENTS COME FIRST

You, as my client, will be involved in all the key decisions at every single design stage to ensure you receive the quality you have been dreaming of.

A PERSONAL GUARANTEE

I believe so much in my services and ability to deliver your dream, that I actually write out a very simple, straight-forward guarantee to each and every client, personally.

IT'S NOT A FEE, IT'S AN INVESTMENT

Just like my designs, I like to keep my pricing flexible, elegant and simple.

If interested, please whatsapp @ 08169887413
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesPro(m): 1:04am On Jan 29, 2019
Slaw12:
A nice thread...
How much can build and complete a four bedroom bungalow with all room ensuit and with a normal and moderate finishing on a dry land in ibadan...tganks

Are you in need of an experienced Architect in contemporary open living, light-filled homes, offices, restaurants designs etc. giving a close contact with the client at every step of the design process.

CLIENTS COME FIRST

You, as my client, will be involved in all the key decisions at every single design stage to ensure you receive the quality you have been dreaming of.

A PERSONAL GUARANTEE

I believe so much in my services and ability to deliver your dream, that I actually write out a very simple, straight-forward guarantee to each and every client, personally.

If interested, please WhatsApp @ 08169887413
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesPro(m): 1:09am On Jan 29, 2019
darenyx:

6 bedroom duplex shocked.. how many floors is it going to be please??

CLIENTS COME FIRST

A PERSONAL GUARANTEE

If interested, please whatsapp @ 08169887413
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Robby76(m): 2:21am On Jan 29, 2019
Sloof Beams

If we look at the bottom of the building exactly near the foundation, the Sloof beam will be visible in the form of a horizontal beam. This sloof beam rests on the upper basic foundation. The function of the Sloof beam is no less important than the foundation. This Sloof beam will bind each bottom to each column to support the building foundation. In addition, Sloof beams also function to hold the load of the building so that buildings remain flat and can reduce settlement differential or also called a decrease in part of a building due to differences in the ability of the soil to withstand building loads.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2019
Mgbadike80:
Good day, please, do you have an idea of the total cost of borehole with overhead water tank. I need likely cost ideas from those that have done theirs. Thanks.

Do a geophysical investigation first, to find out your site overburden thickness, basement signatures and possible drilling depth. That's what you need to know the cost for drilling. Niger state drilling is normally charged on per meter base.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2019
I guess you hard of yoruba proveb, says daaran,
daaran leni to n da si lorun. Once they refuse to comply with you, then you agreed not to proceed with the work.
Let always remember safety first. [qwuote author=earthrealm post=75188296]Have talked to a roofer/carpenter...aand several other people..and they insisted that they cant use tie off ropes or shackle that wil act as a fall arrestor..incase they miss their step and fall. Thats a human being 4 storeys up tongue

The carpenter said it would be too cumbersome n impossible.
My fear is..if perchance they fall and die or get injured .their family will come for you..and you will spend big money...for treatment or burial.
What do you guys think
[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marygold(f): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
Please I need advise on best but affordable bath tub and WC to use for my building.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
Alajiki:

Thank you so much. What do you think the quantity can be using 3.5m kingpost?

Good day sir,

I have a building which I intend to roof soonest. Its dimension is 64ft by 45ft. What's the likely quantity of long span roofing sheets I'm likely to use (in sq metres)? I need expert opinion to avoid been ripped off

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
Royruky:

Good day sir,

I have a building which I intend to roof soonest. Its dimension is 64ft by 45ft. What's the likely quantity of long span roofing sheets I'm likely to use (in sq metres)? I need expert opinion to avoid been ripped off

Thanks.

You probably need to get the measurements from the roof wood structure because of the kingpost, porches and roof pattern then multiply the meters to know the actual square meter the roof sheet would be. That will give you more accurate estimation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by b2212(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
Good evening, please which is better - plastering a bathroom wall and making the surface rough before tiling or just applying tiles to the block on the wall directly. What is the downside of tiling directly without plastering.

Thanks.

@mufutau55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
b2212:
Good evening, please which is better - plastering a bathroom wall and making the surface rough before tiling or just applying tiles to the block on the wall directly. What is the downside of tiling directly without plastering.

Thanks.

@mufutau55

My engineer didn’t plaster any portion of the house that required wall tile,so the tiler just screeds the wall and installs tiles I think it’s better that way,instead of plastering and then tiling

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:33am On Jan 30, 2019
b2212:

Thanks.

@mufutau55

Never plaster any part of the house where you plan to put wall tile,its always better to lay the tiles directly on unplastered wall.It help the wall tiles stay firm .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:45am On Jan 30, 2019
marygold:
Please I need advise on best but affordable bath tub and WC to use for my building.

There are very nice and affordable WC and bathtubs in the market here. Though many people go for good names like sweet homes ,twyford and all which are expensive and still China made like most other WC in the market even though they all serve same purpose . For me WC can hardly get a crack if normally used unless its WORKED before you bought it or something fall on it after installation. The only problem that most of the starts having after sometimes is that of flushing system.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2019
Dubemcapital1:

You probably need to get the measurements from the roof wood structure because of the kingpost, porches and roof pattern then multiply the meters to know the actual square meter the roof sheet would be. That will give you more accurate estimation.

Thanks. I will do just that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:35am On Jan 30, 2019
iclass1:
please I need the price of the following
1- one load of granite
2- one load of sand
thanks
( ikorodu area please)
1 Granite is 165,000/30tons
2. Sand is 60,000/30tons & 45,000/20tons
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mazipaschal27(m): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mazipaschal27(m): 10:55am On Jan 30, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:04am On Jan 30, 2019
Benin price for Aluminum long span

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by b2212(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
Teebawse:

My engineer didn’t plaster any portion of the house that required wall tile,so the tiler just screeds the wall and installs tiles I think it’s better that way,instead of plastering and then tiling
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cceramicaltd: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
marygold:
Check our page for affordable and durable products. We dont sell china
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rachaelNO: 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Lights under the parapet yah or nay?

#Enugu

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
How much is the average labour cost of chambers for plumbing section of the house.Especially for the pipes that converges and then sends it to the soakaway
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 4:21am On Jan 31, 2019
Good Morning Builders/Engineers in the house.

Please I need a close estimate of the cost of plastering the interior and exterior of a 4 bedroom bungalow (Sitting room, dining, masters bedroom, 3 other bedrooms with toilets, kitchen, study room and a sit-out) and a BQ (sitting room, single bedroom, kitchen and toilet).

Site is located around Atan, Ogun State.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Destiny27(m): 7:51am On Jan 31, 2019
Good morning professionals
I'm really worried and need an advice.

The pictures attached are the chambers for my house. I got worried because the pipes for water and feaces are in the same chamber.
I called my plumber to inform him and he said that it's the way it's done.
I feel its not safe to do so. It's like running the water pipe through feaces with the fear of contamination.
Now it will be difficult for mortar to cover them.
I need an advice from professional plumbers on how to go about this?
Is this how it should be done?
Is it safe to do so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.