Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385258 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timesup234: 7:17am On Mar 24, 2019
4newguy:
Good morning guys. Please help me check this quote sent by my engineer for Art work. Note it's for labor only. I'd be buying the materials needed
lol. I will do the big window for you for 2500 and small one for 2000. Big window is even 2000 and small ones 1,000-1500 but i have the best art man you can ever get around
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 8:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Stop your advertisement on this thread. Advert not allowed.

Hajji M.[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2019
Oga Haiji m pls can i have your n number thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2019
raymondFirstborn:

assuming he made use of the standard 1:2:4 ratio, i tell you 312bags is not on the high side for a 288sqm building.Making use of 6bags/cum .

Casting of beam, staircase & decking.

To cast decking(150mm thick) without beams & staircase you would need approximately 254bags.

for the floor beams we should be looking at 230 x 450mm beams.
so with beams & staircase inclusive@312bags its okay.

so 312bags if what your engineer is refering too is 1:2:4,then it is standard.

But if he its 1:2:3 he might as also not be wrong.You should find out why he is using 1:2:3 instead of 1:2:4.

Your analysis is great but a bit theoretical, if the floor is adequately reinforced, the volume of reinforcement should also be deducted from the overall volume you get. Also remember that at 6 bags per cubic meter for 1:2;4 is achievable at maximum compaction. Like I said the qty the guy used is a "bit" high no that it is crazily high. Such a Job should be delivered btw 280-300 bag max.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
timesup234:
i can even do it for 180k then the parapet 50k. I have done it a zillion times. You are a learner

OK oooo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:34am On Mar 25, 2019
Aventures:
Your analysis is great but a bit theoretical, if the floor is adequately reinforced, the volume of reinforcement should also be deducted from the overall volume you get. Also remember that at 6 bags per cubic meter for 1:2;4 is achievable at maximum compaction. Like I said the qty the guy used is a "bit" high no that it is crazily high. Such a Job should be delivered btw 280-300 bag max.

Judging by your parameters one can say such could still be achieved using 260 sound bags of cement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2019
Good morning. Can any one help with where one can buy HDF wood in Lagos and the cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bruno85: 11:15am On Mar 25, 2019
Kindly help me scrutinise this quotation for electrical wiring of 3bedroom bungalow with a pent floor with masters bedroom a lounge and sit out.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2019
Bruno85:
Kindly help me scrutinise this quotation for electrical wiring of 3bedroom bungalow with a pent floor with masters bedroom a lounge and sit out.

Db name not too clear.. what’s the make of cable? The 2&halve 10mm cable is for what? And the 250k is from piping to wiring and also fittings??

Quantity of cable can’t be determine unless physical inspection...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2019
Bruno85:
if you are using a D8 I think D4 single phase should be okay for solar/inverter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timesup234: 11:36am On Mar 25, 2019
Bruno85:
where do you guys get your workmen self? The guy is a confirm crook.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
elengine:
Professionals in the house. Please help me look at this quote for my 4 bed room duplex and a BQ at the back.

Quotation for plastering:

1. 6 loads of plastering sands=40,000*6=240,000

2. 1 load of sharp sand= 48,000

3. 130 bags of cement 338,000

4. 50 nos of Bamboo 15,000

5. 1 bundle of bbwire 8,500

6. Labour 729,000

my concern generally is about labour which is almost more than the cost of material its self

Somebody is ready to pick your pocket
Lot of money
40K for sand---Please check the price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:
Good morning guys. Please help me check this quote sent by my engineer for Art work. Note it's for labor only. I'd be buying the materials needed
Call the fucker and telling him all you have is 70k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4newguy: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
GoodFaith:

Call the fucker and telling him all you have is 70k
Honestly, I just tire when I saw bill. I'm done with my roofing and moving on to plastering and installing casement windows.

Please help me check the quote.

1. For plastering of four bedroom only, i was billed N350k for labor
2. Window casement - N734k
3. For artwork - N199k

Please Kindly help advise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:

Honestly, I just tire when I saw bill. I'm done with my roofing and moving on to plastering and installing casement windows.

3. For artwork - N199k

You are getting robed without a gun
Star by telling the guys
they need to put the gun to you head that they are robbing you without a gun

Let me put you up the the game
two bricklayer and one services for one room
Living and dinning three bricklayers
Add it up
I just got a plumbing conduct bill One for 102k other for 52k-- same house
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:

3. For artwork - N199k

did u asked the type of materials he is using for the window?? very important
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:
Email me
I will send somebody to take care of your Art work
For your windows I have two people we can try
for the Plastering I can ask the old man I am going to pay daily to do my plastering to help you
I paid 525K for 22 windows Nigeria material
Benin City Gangster thefts
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4newguy: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
twinskenny:

did u asked the type of materials he is using for the window?? very important
He said it's tower. Do you think rate is OK considering the size of the windows
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:

give me your number or email
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4newguy: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
GoodFaith:
4newguy:
Email me
I will send somebody to take care of your Art work
For your windows I have two people we can try
for the Plastering I can ask the old man I am going to pay daily to do my plastering to help you
I paid 525K for 22 windows Nigeria material
Benin City Gangster thefts
Sent you a mail. Are you based in Benin city ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:

Sent you a mail. Are you based in Benin city ?
You send me your email or phone number
If you live in US or Canada better
I have not lived in Benin for over 32 years
I have a project going on now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oalandAgents2: 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
good day all
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
elengine:
Professionals in the house. Please help me look at this quote for my 4 bed room duplex and a BQ at the back.

Quotation for plastering:

1. 6 loads of plastering sands=40,000*6=240,000

2. 1 load of sharp sand= 48,000

3. 130 bags of cement 338,000

4. 50 nos of Bamboo 15,000

5. 1 bundle of bbwire 8,500

6. Labour 729,000

my concern generally is about labour which is almost more than the cost of material its self
Location?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
timesup234:
lol. I will do the big window for you for 2500 and small one for 2000. Big window is even 2000 and small ones 1,000-1500 but i have the best art man you can ever get around

please, what are the materials needed for the artwork, cos i have both small and big windows to work on.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
house please what is the rough estimate for foundation digging for 4 bedroom duplex,like how much is the ideal price for the labourers?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:

3. For artwork - N199k

boss, for the windows stuff, which kind of materials be this, let me known, so I will put u true sir thanks,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
4newguy:

Oga, if its tower, that is the price, sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
Has there been any significant change in prices of building materials lately? Like in the past few days or weeks.
I’m particular about cement and iron rods.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timesup234: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
lukkens:

please, what are the materials needed for the artwork, cos i have both small and big windows to work on.

Thanks
drop ur number. You dont need to use me, i will give u all d details u need
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timesup234: 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
boyestic:
house please what is the rough estimate for foundation digging for 4 bedroom duplex,like how much is the ideal price for the labourers?
five-six diggers and one bricklayer to tap it. Daily pay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
timesup234:
five-six diggers and one bricklayer to tap it. Daily pay

You don’t need a bricklayer for foundation Digging.
Don’t say what you don’t know.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
megacontrol:
Has there been any significant change in prices of building materials lately? Like in the past few days or weeks.
I’m particular about cement and iron rods.

Thanks
YES ooooooooo, Iron rod from 185,000 to 215,000, cost of Diesel is make Granite & Sharp sand high. Dangote is warming up soon we would hear frm him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.