Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403550 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keepingmum: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
segzy14:

Take the length x breadth of each component and add up, that gives the total square meters.

Pls maths isn't my forte, can you help?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dfameguy: 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello my people as for me the price is okay but although you didn't mention the make of the tiles whether Nigeria or China or Spanish,if you educat the make of it will be more better but if feel unsatisfied you can check another place
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2019
On the plan posted early the master bedroom toilet does not have window all toilet are too small where the wc and other located are not right increase the size of all toilet thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2019
Kudos to the architect as good use of space.ie general layout. The only concern I have is ventilation around the self contained most especially the dinning area. A slight improvement might be aligning the dinning back door flush to the wall opposite to the flat’s back door.

You have not included the measurements so you need to look at this to determine if it is spacious especially when you have to cater to 2 doors

vboss:
Hello Lovelies

Please i need you guys to criticize this building plan for me. Owner wants the rooms to be spacious and the room placements to be well organized. It is a three bed room for the owner, a self contain and a two bedroom
..... Your candid opinion is needed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hi everyone, I need bricklayers who can handle finishes , plastering especially around Costain area in Lagos.

They must be available to see the job tomorrow asap.
Recommend only those you have used before.
Regards.

Whatsapp me is open.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2019
koolengrtimmy:
Hi everyone, I need bricklayers who can handle finishes , plastering especially around Costain area in Lagos.

Regards.

Whatsapp me is open.
0806 793 6084
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2019
twinskenny:
0806 793 6084

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mackengift: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
This vessel and barge are for sell....

Name: MT GODSHAND
weight: 12000t
Price: 3.5m dollars net to owner plus 5 percent to facilitators

Weight: 7900 tonne barge
Name: RTC 90
price: 130m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by greenermodels: 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
Please, do you consider plumbing as a good new career choice for a middle aged man in Nigeria who desires to take care of his family now and not retire wretched in the future.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
The bigger question is are you trainable, can you climb scaffolding and use ladder to go into waste tanks. Do you have stomach for the products. There is a gap in this market generally and a good one is always in demand.
greenermodels:
Please, do you consider plumbing as a good new career choice for a middle aged man in Nigeria who desires to take care of his family now and not retire wretched in the future.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2019
Call Oloyede 0703 871 0636
koolengrtimmy:

Regards.

Whatsapp me is open.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by greenermodels: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
gabbytabby:
The bigger question is are you trainable, can you climb scaffolding and use ladder to go into waste tanks. Do you have stomach for the products. There is a gap in this market generally and a good one is always in demand.
i trust his ability to bend down to get the work done, i'm concerned if it would pay him enough to survive. I already have my plumber willing to train him as an apprentice for free but i'm afraid of him getting stuck on a dead end career. I really need more people's views on this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Destiny27(m): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2019
Good morning great people, I appreciate how we come together to help each other and resolve issues. Hardly a day goes by without me visiting this page to update myself on current issues.
I have had difficult times trying to sort out my leaking roof for about a year now. I contacted a nairalander (name withheld for now) to do my parapet, woodwork and roofing with stone coated sheets. Apparently, he left his workers on the site unsupervised which resulted to a poor job.
The roof has been leaking along the gutters. The pictures are attached (the leaking points marked with chalk from under). He has tried at least 3 times to repair the leaks with sealant, but as at few days ago, it is still leaking from many points.
I was mad at him for leaving the job unsupervised but I don’t want to make issues now until he fails to resolve it. I cant proceed on doing POP until I’m 100% sure there are no leaks. This is really delaying the progress.
Please, aside replacing the sheets which will cost a whole lot of money cos of the places involved, what is the best way to fix these leaks. Please I need your opinions from your experiences. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:11am On Jun 29, 2019
Then let him go ahead my current plumber is very good , humble, always improving himself and amendable. Doing well and building his own home. At times doing well in life is more about how focused one is
greenermodels:
i trust his ability to bend down to get the work done, i'm concerned if it would pay him enough to survive. I already have my plumber willing to train him as an apprentice for free but i'm afraid of him getting stuck on a dead end career. I really need more people's views on this.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
@Destiny27, why dont you name the engineer so others dont fall into the same trap.

As per your request, search for Princejones. He did our job and was physically on site with his team.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by galax1: 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2019
Patronise Usi Engineering Services ltd for all LV and HV installation.we handle all types of jobs no job is too small and too big.
Civil engineers,builders and architects in the house I would gladly work with u.
Our Services include
1: Buildings: electrical installation , electrical materials estimate/now/quote, M&E AutoCAD design
2.Power:transformer installation,solar system and inverter installation, generator installation.
3.Security :power fencing, CCTV, fire alarm ,intercom etc
4: Energy Meter installation
We are certified by nemsa , have Coren certified engineering personnel and always adhere to safety standards.

Note;I offer free electrical quotation and consultancy on buildings call if interested.

Pls call Engr. Ik on 0 8. 03 .241 6 .39 1
Or send a link to Ikechukwu@usiengineering.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2019
Destiny27:
Good morning great people, I appreciate how we come together to help each other and resolve issues. Hardly a day goes by without me visiting this page to update myself on current issues.
I have had difficult times trying to sort out my leaking roof for about a year now. I contacted a nairalander (name withheld for now) to do my parapet, woodwork and roofing with stone coated sheets. Apparently, he left his workers on the site unsupervised which resulted to a poor job.
The roof has been leaking along the gutters. The pictures are attached (the leaking points marked with chalk from under). He has tried at least 3 times to repair the leaks with sealant, but as at few days ago, it is still leaking from many points.
I was mad at him for leaving the job unsupervised but I don’t want to make issues now until he fails to resolve it. I cant proceed on doing POP until I’m 100% sure there are no leaks. This is really delaying the progress.
Please, aside replacing the sheets which will cost a whole lot of money cos of the places involved, what is the best way to fix these leaks. Please I need your opinions from your experiences. Thanks

I experienced the same problem but with metcopo sheet. Just like you, I started out with the silicone solution to no avail. This delayed the project for two years. I applied the silicone and wait for the next raining season to text the outcome. Same problem.

Just like you, I could not do anything on site for the two years. And then I changed tact.

I removed the sheets of the leaky section of the roof and replaced with new sheets. Problem solved.

So you may need to bite the bullet. Remove the sheets from the leaky section and replaced with new ones and from my experience, you will solve the problem.

With roofing, it is very important to get it right the first time or else na wahala o.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
Please where is the best place to get deals on TMT iron rods in Lagos?

I'm looking to purchase some significant quantity and believe there should be some good discount or wholesale rates obtainable given the current high prices out there.

Please point my in any direction you know for direct sourcing.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2019
Destiny27:
cc Kolashangone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
megacontrol:

Please where is the best place to get deals on TMT iron rods in Lagos?

I'm looking to purchase some significant quantity and believe there should be some good discount or wholesale rates obtainable given the current high prices out there.

Please point my in any direction you know for direct sourcing.

Thanks

Which Location?
But ajah axis;Badore road by okera nla ferry terminal.
Ikorodu; Ebute igbogbo road
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2019
Please help me on this.
I need you guys to criticize this building plan
My father just called me that he wants to continue with he's project, so when I asked him for the plan, this was sent to me.
According to him a friend and colleague in he's technical school drew this for him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2019
Should I allow this or stop it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2019
According to him the project is at window level already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LOL247(f): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
Peeps.. was wondering.. for a long fence would it be advisable to Go 4m column to column..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hadey4real(m): 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2019
Good evening House, please can someone help out with the total cost of building a 16 rooms self-contained bungalow hostel in ekiti state. From foundation to finishing stage, all floors with tiles, borehole, walldrope in rooms. The plot of land that this building will be built on is 60 by 120. I will be glad for an urgent answer. Thank you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hadey4real:
Good evening House, please can someone help out with the total cost of building a 16 rooms self-contained bungalow hostel in ekiti state. From foundation to finishing stage, all floors with tiles, borehole, walldrope in rooms. The plot of land that this building will be built on is 60 by 120. I will be glad for an urgent answer. Thank you all.

You need to virtualize the real cost and by the way, you need to get your drawing in order to prepare your Boq then you give in details material specifications,tile,plumbing material and others

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hadey4real(m): 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2019
This is the plan that I want to make use.
It's for students hostel, there is no special or luxury finishing, just the simple and conservative pattern.
Simple plumbing, normal electrical work.
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hadey4real:
It's for students hostel, there is no special or luxury finishing, just the simple and conservative pattern.
Thanks
Cool with the uploaded picture the wrk is a bit complex,wht you can see here, now is just assuming cost which is unprofessional. Best is to engage a qus.
because you need full boq.But if you don't mind you can still get the quote stages by stages.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:49am On Jun 30, 2019
Thank you.

Please do you have contacts to share for the Badore road sales point?
Likewise the Ikorodu will be fine.

Site is in Lekki and distance isn't an issue provided we get good discount rates on bulk purchase.

Olazzeedris:

Which Location?
But ajah axis;Badore road by okera nla ferry terminal.
Ikorodu; Ebute igbogbo road
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2019
LOL247:
Peeps.. was wondering.. for a long fence would it be advisable to Go 4m column to column..

3 meter is ok for such fence
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:10am On Jun 30, 2019
Hadey4real:
Thanks
I think it cool.
Dey run something for Ekiti Sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KingRabota, pharmadek, valencia2012(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.