Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4402734 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by buzzetin(m): 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
boay:

Laughable! grin
Sir , the issue is not laughable.
This thread is mainly for discussions where other people can learn.
If you have other ideas that you think /know is better you can state it sir.
Some of us reading this thread are benefitting from ideas discussed here.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
brane:

Hi Fadeo,

Please could you recommend a licensed soil tester to me in PHC.

call 08136369906
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winz2017(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
twinskenny:

No store and laundry?

Wow,thanks for your observation big boss. A store room and a laundry room is like a luxury to me now and that will definitely shoot up the cost of my project (more block/cement/ceiling/tiles/door/window)... looking at the floor plan,can the ante room be converted into laundry room and visitors toilet??

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5317534/whole-house-audio-system-cctv

Have a look people and tell your friends God. Less
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winz2017(m): 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=Olazzeedris post=80503075][/quote]

I really appreciate your input on this. Well, for the visitors toilet,i actually omitted it because in My parents House, the visitors toilet is more like a Cob Webs room but i can still change my mind...
Pertaining to the details on roofing,land and tiles.
(1). Land = A dry land (Level) sitting on 100 by 50...
(2).Roof type = Step tiles aluminum roofing sheet + aluminum fascia parapet
(3). Tiles = Vinyl style tiles (I'm still skeptical about this)
Pls advice me on Number 3
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
what's your location?

phalexnaps:
For your quality plank and saw mill design work contact Wale plank enterprise on 08164397630, 08111333281. With over 10 years experience i can always assure you quality.

White wood for construction= 1200
2x6= 700
3x4 = 700
2x4 = 430
2x3 = 320
2x2 = 230
1x12 = 1600

You can also consult me for carpentry advice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
Winz2017:

Wow,thanks for your observation big boss. A store room and a laundry room is like a luxury to me now and that will definitely shoot up the cost of my project (more block/cement/ceiling/tiles/door/window)... looking at the floor plan,can the ante room be converted into laundry room and visitors toilet??
why not un-ensuite one bedroom and then let one of the toilets be shared with visitors? And as for the store,I think you will definitely need it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
buzzetin:

Sir , the issue is not laughable.
This thread is mainly for discussions where other people can learn.
If you have other ideas that you think /know is better you can state it sir.
Some of us reading this thread are benefitting from ideas discussed here.
Okay

You're right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
Winz2017:
Pls, i need advice from all (pro). i intend to get married next year August and I just bought a land which i seriously want to develop immediately before Christmas
*Land size = 100 by 50
* 2 bedroom Flat
Although I sketched the Below Floor-Plan myself, and my Architect Friend rounded the plan up (I like a big lounge + big dinning)

In our local palace language (How much go fit build this 2bedroom flat from foundation to roofing level)

*POP Ceiling (No)
*PVC Ceiling (Yes)
*PVC Sliding window (Yes)
*House fence (No)
*borehole (No)

Change d dinning to kitchen and kitchen to dinning
Your plan will enjoy a better human flow situating d kitchen in d middle.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
boay:

From standard it is 125mm
Where did u get 125mm from?
Standard is 150mm, that doesn't mean people dont do 100mm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
To save cost on such dry land one can go as low as 100mm for German.
That's the least I can actually advise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
Timtol:
To save cost on such dry land one can go as low as 100mm for German.
That's the least I can actually advise.

Bro, what @Rubbiish said is the right thing man. It doesn't mean pple don't do lesser buh 150mm is standard

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hajivince:

Bro, what @Rubbiish said is the right thing man. It doesn't mean pple don't do lesser buh 150mm is standard
I'm not against anything anyone said neither do I quote anyone, so don't understand why it's me you quoted.. Thanks for the notice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
gbadexy:

Alright sir.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

Possible, you can install back splash at sink level. I believe this would take care of water coming in contact with your wall and prevent your paint from losing its appealing qualities in quick time.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:52am On Jul 24, 2019
[quote gud morning here house, as we are going out today, GOD will guide us and protect us, amen,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2019
Adedward:
[quote gud morning here house, as we are going out today, GOD will guide us and protect us, amen,

Amen!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:09am On Jul 24, 2019
Royruky:

Thanks
you're most welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
Winz2017:

I really appreciate your input on this. Well, for the visitors toilet,i actually omitted it because in My parents House, the visitors toilet is more like a Cob Webs room but i can still change my mind...
Pertaining to the details on roofing,land and tiles.
(1). Land = A dry land (Level) sitting on 100 by 50...
(2).Roof type = Step tiles aluminum roofing sheet + aluminum fascia parapet
(3). Tiles = Vinyl style tiles (I'm still skeptical about this)
Pls advice me on Number 3
* On item no 3, it's cool but guess it has to do with availability of cash and capacity of owner!
Although is very economical all the way and some are nice aesthetic but durability and some other features also needs to be consider.
Theirs way you can go about with some other types e.g porcelain & cerami.

More so can still work on your item 2 to save some little cost and that can still be + to others items!
You can Dm for for details free of charge!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skigbu: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
call for your 3D and 2D drawing 09081037402 or email :skigbu7@gmail.com

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brane: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
toxxnoni:

call 08136369906

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raddie(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2019
Saw this today, could someone help with what its called in English, a guy was saying it's ojagba in yoruba. its used to hold wooden structures of roofs to houses.
could someone explain this to me, just curious .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
Raddie:
Saw this today, could someone help with what its called in English, a guy was saying it's ojagba in yoruba. its used to hold wooden structures of roofs to houses.

It’s called RAG TIE

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by honey001(m): 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
Raddie:
Langalanga

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raddie(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2019
rotecch77:

It’s called RAG TIE
honey001:
Langalanga
rotecch77:

It’s called RAG TIE
thanks but Google doesn't seem to come up with anything related
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raddie(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2019
rotecch77:

It’s called RAG TIE
honey001:

Langalanga

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kohiios: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2019
I for one accept that it's an incredible option to Netflix. In this way, gear up individuals and investigate the Kohi motion picture application with me. kohi movie for pc The official motion pictures application by Google, which is Google Play Movies is being redesigned regularly with more and more highlights.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2019
Raddie:

I refer to them as wall plate clips or ties.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2019
Raddie:

That is what its called in building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 10:56am On Jul 25, 2019
Raddie:

It's called roof ties

(1) (2) (3) ... (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.