Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4396824 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2019
Redman44:
Hello house, thanks for your input and contributions on this thread. I am looking for answers on tiles. What is the best floor tile for a factory? What kind of floor tile is the best for the floor of a factory? And please,where can I get this tile? How much does it cost to get this tile per carton? Thanks a lot.

You'll need to state what type of work/jobs will be done in the factory before anyone can recommend the most suitable floor tile or a better alternative.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2019
It understandable. I fully get your point now.

Thanks alot
ChiefSupplier55:

I think to say that nobody is tackling you here, you know too well that this thread is a place were people come to draw knowledge from and also discuss issues about building construction nt a place of advert. That what they are trying to let you know stop throwing advert post anyhow here brother. It very simple
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2019
mountmoriah:

Good morning everyone, below is our price list, wishing you a weekend in Jesus name (Amen)

Granite Supplies
30 tons =N150, 000 Lagos, Ogun

Stone Dust Supplies
30 tons : 80,000 and above depending on location

Hardcore:
30 tons: 130,000 and above depending on location

Sharp Sand Supplies
20 tons to Redeem Camp: =N=46,000
20 tons to Mowe/Ibafo/Arepo : =N=46,000-50,000
20 tons to Berger Lagos: =N=48,000

Dagbolu Sand Supplies
20 tons to Redeem Camp: =N=30, 000
20 tons to Mowe/Ibafo : =N=35,000

Plaster Sand Supplies
20 tons to Redeem Camp: =N=35,000
20 tons to Mowe : =N=32,000-35,000
20 tons to Ibafo : =N=36,000
20 tons to Berger Lagos: =N=38,000 -40,000

Fillings/Laterite Supplies
20 tons to Redeem Camp: =N=15,000
20 tons to Mowe : =N=18, 000
20 tons to Ibafo : =N=20,000
20 tons to Berger Lagos: =N=23,000

White wood for construction
1x12 wood= 1300
2x2 wood=250
2x3 wood=350
Bamboo=250
Nail=7000 per bag

WhatsApp: 09069523526.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2019
Cindino20:

I will budget 7 million naira. plus or minus 1 million depending on your taste.

The low figures thrown around in this forum and most BBQ often does not contain things that makes a house liveable in Nigeria.

Water supply : Borehole
Security: Fence and gate
Flooring of comppund..you dont wanna walk directly on mud right out of ur door.
External electrification from house to grid.
External lighting.

I think people who prepare BBQ should try to include these things so people getting into building a home would plan properly.

BTW you dont ve to the money at once u can work in phase...lil drops of water make an ocean.

All the best.

NB: I m just a property enthusiast.

You made a nice point.

But I guess you meant Bills of Quantities (BOQ) when you wrote BBQ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:13am On Jul 19, 2019
boay:

You made a nice point.

on point

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brane: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
FADEO:

Its better you go to the ministry of Urban and Regional Planning (TOWN PLANNING) on moscow road. they will give you a reference to on of the state registered Geotechnics. The soil test will be done for you for about 50K if not in a waterlogged environment. If you bring result from someone not registered witht he state. The result will be rejected during you State government approval process. Am talking from experience Cos i just did my soil test on the 15th of July in Woji area of Port Harcourt.

Hi Fadeo,

Please could you recommend a licensed soil tester to me in PHC.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bankyshinani(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
please,this is the quotation given to me by a carpenter for the roofing of a three bedroom flat.
is it price fair enough?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
boay:

You made a nice point.

Corrected....thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by holina: 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
6 NOS mini flats on ground floor and 6 nos mini flats on upper flow 3 down 3 up which is better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jalofun: 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
Good day everyone, I need your help for the quotation of how many planks of wood for roofing a house with this dimension 46 x 72.
Planning to make use of metcoppo aluminium.

I will appreciate your comments.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
holina:
6 NOS mini flats on ground floor and 6 nos mini flats on upper flow 3 down 3 up which is better

The difference is the cost of decking relative to the cost of land in the area.

If the cost of decking is more expensive than the same size of land, then 6 number of ground floor mini flats are better. If the cost of decking is cheaper than the cost of land of the same size, then up and down mini flats are better.

So for example, if 100x50 is 5 million, but decking is 3 million, then up and down is better. But if 100x50 is N500k and decking is 3 million, no need for decking. Just buy two plot or three.

You build vertically if land is very expensive and build horizontally if land is cheap.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by holina: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
diordaves:

If the cost of decking is more expensive than the same size of land, then 6 number of ground floor mini flats are better. If the cost of decking is cheaper than the cost of land of the same size, then up and down mini flats are better.

So for example, if 100x50 is 5 million, but decking is 3 million, then up and down is better. But if 100x50 is N500k and decking is 3 million, no need for decking. Just buy two plot or three.

You build vertically if land is very expensive and build horizontally if land is cheap.

wow. insightful. thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 12:21am On Jul 20, 2019
Bankyshinani:
please,this is the quotation given to me by a carpenter for the roofing of a three bedroom flat.
is it price fair enough?

How much is the total and has he added his own fee for the roofing?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bankyshinani(m): 5:08am On Jul 20, 2019
happney65:

How much is the total and has he added his own fee for the roofing?
Thanks
No sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 6:58am On Jul 20, 2019
Redman44:
Hello house, thanks for your input and contributions on this thread. I am looking for answers on tiles. What is the best floor tile for a factory? What kind of floor tile is the best for the floor of a factory? And please,where can I get this tile? How much does it cost to get this tile per carton? Thanks a lot.
Well it will be better if someone knw the kind of factory u are using it for that way we know the kind of tiles to recommend for you..... Bt if u also ask me I will say a fully vetrified tiles Spanish or Italian tiles is the best u can use and it most be mate and very high in quality

I deal on tiles too if u wish u can contact me 07015190604 Whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2019
Good morning

Please how much bigger is Corner piece from th regular land.

Also, Can a 600 sqm land 1 twin duplex and a 2 bedroom bbq.

Thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
diordaves:

I totally agree but to add a little more, the decking not only serves as additional land, it also serves as roofing and ceiling of the 3 flats on ground. So, the cost of roofing and ceiling of 3 flats should be added to cost of buying extra land for proper cost comparison.

Using the example you made

So for example, if 100x50 is 5 million plus roofing and ceiling 3 of 6 flats is 1.5m making 6.5 million, but decking is 3 million, then up and down is better. But if 100x50 is N500k plus roofing and ceiling 3 of 6 flats is 1.5m making 2 million and decking is 3 million, no need for decking. Just buy additional plot

On this example, if 100x50 is N1.5m plus roofing and ceiling 3 of 6 flats is 1.5m making 3 million and decking is 3 million, it now cost the same both ways, this will only lead to personal preference. Even at the same cost, you will have minor differences such as more parking area or unbuilt space with the additional land.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
temi4fash:
Good morning

Please how much bigger is Corner piece from th regular land.

Also, Can a 600 sqm land 1 twin duplex and a 2 bedroom bbq.

Thanks in advance

I believe that a corner piece doesn't always mean a bigger land than a regular one but some features more people desire in an estate.

A corner piece has one less neighbor, more natural light, more fresh airflow, more street parking, more street visibility, more garden area etc the downside is there is no privacy in the compound if the fence is short or no fence estate, more street noise, more gardening cost, and for those countries where you are require to clear ice on walk way, you have more walkway to cover. A hurricane will batter such a house more than any other etc.

The twin duplex will depend on its size.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
adanny01:

I believe that a corner piece doesn't always mean a bigger land than a regular one but some features more people desire in an estate.

A corner piece has one less neighbor, more natural light, more fresh airflow, more street parking, more street visibility, more garden area etc the downside is there is no privacy in the compound if the fence is short or no fence estate, more street noise, more gardening cost, and for those countries where you are require to clear ice on walk way, you have more walkway to cover. A hurricane will batter such a house more than any other etc.

The twin duplex will depend on its size.
Like this response
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Redman44(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
ChiefSupplier55:

Well it will be better if someone knw the kind of factory u are using it for that way we know the kind of tiles to recommend for you..... Bt if u also ask me I will say a fully vetrified tiles Spanish or Italian tiles is the best u can use and it most be mate and very high in quality

I deal on tiles too if u wish u can contact me 07015190604 Whatsapp

It is a food processing factory and also a storage facility. I am not looking for fancy or expensive tiles. Just strong and durable tiles that will not break easily. I am thinking of ceramic tiles. Just a strong rugged tile. If you are serious in supplying me affordable floor tiles for a food processing factory, send an email to me at : graceful.cleaning@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Redman44(m): 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
bixton:

You'll need to state what type of work/jobs will be done in the factory before anyone can recommend the most suitable floor tile or a better alternative.

It is a food processing factory. There will also be a storage area there. I am not looking for fancy or expensive tiles. I just want strong and rugged tiles that are affordable. The factory won't have heavy machinery. Just medium weight machinery smiley smiley smiley. Email me if you sell tiles. The factory is in Ikorodu. Thanks.

Email: graceful.cleaning @ yahoo.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
You should be able to get 8 units 4up and 4 down on a plot. I have a plan. Also you can get more rent on the upper floors and generally on an upstairs building as the market will pay more than on a bungalow.

You can even get 16 units 2 blocks on a plot and half

holina:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Temi1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
People in the house, please what is the minimum thickness a German floor on proper dry land should have?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winz2017(m): 6:30am On Jul 21, 2019
Pls, i need advice from all (pro). i intend to get married next year August and I just bought a land which i seriously want to develop immediately before Christmas
*Land size = 100 by 50
* 2 bedroom Flat
Although I sketched the Below Floor-Plan myself, and my Architect Friend rounded the plan up (I like a big lounge + big dinning)

In our local palace language (How much go fit build this 2bedroom flat from foundation to roofing level)

*POP Ceiling (No)
*PVC Ceiling (Yes)
*PVC Sliding window (Yes)
*House fence (No)
*borehole (No)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:55am On Jul 21, 2019
Temi1:
People in the house, please what is the minimum thickness a German floor on proper dry land should have?

The standard is 150mm, you can do less like 100mm if you wanted to save cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
Bankyshinani:

No sir

Guess you need to have the carpenter's charge too before you know if the quotation is okay or not..Can you have that too and have it included

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
Winz2017:
Pls, i need advice from all (pro). i intend to get married next year August and I just bought a land which i seriously want to develop immediately before Christmas
*Land size = 100 by 50
* 2 bedroom Flat
Although I sketched the Below Floor-Plan myself, and my Architect Friend rounded the plan up (I like a big lounge + big dinning)

In our local palace language (How much go fit build this 2bedroom flat from foundation to roofing level)

*POP Ceiling (No)
*PVC Ceiling (Yes)
*House fence (No)
*borehole (No)

No store and laundry?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bankyshinani(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2019
happney65:

Guess you need to have the carpenter's charge too before you know if the quotation is okay or not..Can you have that too and have it included

Thanks
ok I will do dat
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=Winz2017 post=80475665]Pls, i need advice from all (pro). i intend to get married next year August and I just bought a land which i seriously want to develop immediately before Christmas
*Land size = 100 by 50
* 2 bedroom Flat

*POP Ceiling (No)
*PVC Ceiling (Yes)
*House fence (No)
*borehole

I guess there are some omissions,particularly visitors toilet.
Nevertheless you can Ready like 5m.
all futures are Nigeria materials e.g tiles
mind you !there's needs for more details: type of land, type of roofing sheet

(1) (2) (3) ... (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bfire(m), diordaves(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.