Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4396307 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by roqrules04(m): 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2019
Olazzeedris:

Sure it just matter of Choice and Capacity .Though there's professional thought on it . But those two elements are paramount .

What's the professional thought on it Pls?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
roqrules04:

Okay, do you have the picture of that replacement that looks like it?

Try Nigerite: https://www.nigeritelimited.com/en/products/roofing-tiles

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
roqrules04:

Okay, do you have the picture of that replacement that looks like it?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2019
adanny01:

This is what I used for my roofing, after seeking advice on this same thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1070#73240509

But after roofing, I realized the cost difference between it and that of aluminum isn't that significant.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2019
twoMcfemad:

This is what I used for my roofing, after seeking advice on this same thread.

But after roofing, I realized the cost difference between it and that of aluminum isn't that significant.

I also used it for my parents ceiling. It was far more expensive than PVC but much less than POP and still having the best of both worlds. It's sound proofing is good and doesn't get affected by water. It is not as brittle as the old asbestos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 10:08am On Jul 17, 2019
adanny01:

I also used it for my parents ceiling. It was far more expensive than PVC but much less than POP and still having the best of both worlds. It's sound proofing is good and doesn't get affected by water. It is not as brittle as the old asbestos

Yes. A ceiling sheet is about N1,600 and I understand the new designs being made are also fire proof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CostEngr(m): 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
What is the rough estimate to build a 2-Bedroom Flat Bungalow( ensuite rooms with a visitor toilet).
Ditto 3-Bedroom Bungalow too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
CostEngr:
What is the rough estimate to build a 2-Bedroom Flat Bungalow( ensuite rooms with a visitor toilet).

Budget between N4.5m - N6m depend on your taste

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yadelle: 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2019
Hello, please what does it mean when it is written on the survey that the plan is on the corridor of a proposed circular road
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
twoMcfemad:

Yes. A ceiling sheet is about N1,600 and I understand the new designs being made are also fire proof.

I got it for N1500 with TP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
yadelle:
Hello, please what does it mean when it is written on the survey that the plan is on the corridor of a proposed circular road

Take a circle or sector of a circle for example, it means the land is around/along the space between the circumference and the center of the circle/sector. What people call "sharp corner"

The type of location should be taken into consideration during design. There are some types of structures/facilities that should not be put there
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
CostEngr:

I can help you with a preliminary estimate/bills of quantities
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
Still on the issue of damp in building, I just remembered that I handled a house with serious damp issue in 2015.
The building is close to a big canal and therefore the building wall was always damp. The inside down flats, stairways and outside was discolored with growth and damp. There was also on a part of the wall upstairs but that was due to the water reservoir up.
The wall was impregnated with a soluble silicate solution by applying it and allowing it to be absorbed within the plaster in multiple coats. what this does is to make the wall more dense.
The surface was then given another different application of lime whitewash to set the residual solution on the surface from in a controlled fashion.
The wall was dry after few days and all the building was painted. I still went there like some 2 weeks after without any complaint and was in touch with the son of the client for some moths before he went back to join the mom and there was no complain then too.
The purpose of this is to assist contractors with the experience I had with damp treatment and how to prevent it.
For a waterlogged area, after the necessary precaution, the plaster should be made more dense at some feet round the building from the ground so it won't be easy for water to move up the plaster from contact to the ground in a capillary action process.
The inside lower part and floor of the building too could be made dense also.
For a building already plastered, if the damp is serious, the contractor could try to break off a feet plaster starting from the part in contact with the soil and re plaster with a dense plaster mix with admixtures that can reduce the water content of the mix and still make it workable, preferably with the addition of waterproof cement both for inside and outside.
This would be far more effective than the chemical impregnation method because the penetration of the solution is limited and not the same as a plaster that was made to be completely dense very limited porosity.
https://www.nairaland.com/2741840/painting-documentation-ipaja-building
I have no further interest in damp treatment as my focus is primarily on effective and specialty paint coats but I'm always available for any question about damp problems.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2019
CostEngr:

I will budget 7 million naira. plus or minus 1 million depending on your taste.

The low figures thrown around in this forum and most BOQ often does not contain things that makes a house liveable in Nigeria.

Water supply : Borehole
Security: Fence and gate
Flooring of comppund..you dont wanna walk directly on mud right out of ur door.
External electrification from house to grid.
External lighting.

I think people who prepare BOQ should try to include these things so people getting into building a home would plan properly.

BTW you dont ve to the money at once u can work in phase...lil drops of water make an ocean.

All the best.

NB: I m just a property enthusiast.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2019
Polyvinyl chloride commonly known by its abbreviation PVC is a synthetic plastic polymer. It is available two basic forms- rigid and flexible. Polyvinyl chloride is used in many industries especially in construction. Its application in this industry ranges from pipes to doors, windows and flooring. In flooring they come in the form of tiles.

Benefits of PVC Tiles

PVC tiles are commonly used floor finishes. The tiles are made of a composite of PVC and fiber. This produces a very thin and reasonably hard tile. Flexible PVC Flooring is used in homes, offices, schools and hospitals. Here are top five benefits of polyvinyl chloride flooring:

Low cost: The biggest benefit of PVC tiles is that they are inexpensive. They are the most pocket-friendly type of flooring material when compared to other forms such as wood, marble, ceramic, etc. Even luxury polyvinyl flooring is affordable when compared to other materials. When it comes to style and durability, you wouldn’t regret choosing PVC tiles. It is not only an affordable option but the installation cost of PVC tiles is also low. This type of flooring can be put together without incurring professional installation costs.

Easy installation: As mentioned earlier, this type of flooring installation does not require professional help. Firstly, the tiles are very light in weight as compared to the other forms of flooring and can be easily moved around. There are various installation options depending on the vinyl floor you have chosen. DIY experts can install these tiles easily by following the right instructions. However, it is recommended to seek professional help when installing PVC or any other type of flooring. Easy to install PVC tiles let you create beautiful patterns on you floor. Make use of the variety of textures, patterns and designs that come printed on these tiles to enhance the look of your home or office space.

Small size: PVC tiles come in small sizes (150mm, 225mm and 305mm). The benefit of having small sized tiles is that individual tiles can be easily replaced. This means the replacement cost of these tiles is also low.

Ease of maintenance: PVC floors are the easiest to clean. No other type of flooring comes close to PVC when it comes to ease of cleaning. All you need is a damp cloth or mop to clean these tiles. Mostly, these tiles come with various coatings which provide the required protection from stains, moisture and fading. Polyvinyl floors are naturally resistant to scratches and dents unlike hardwood flooring. To keep these floors clean and sparkling just sweep or vacuum regularly.

Anti-static: as we all know, the human body attracts static energy. There are variants of Polyvinyl chloride flooring that are anti-static. anti static flooring made from polyvinyl chloride can keep you and your family safe from static energy. This means that you can easily pass cables below the tiles without worrying about the safety of your family from static current passing from the floor.

For more related details, call or whatsapp Fracan Interior Limited on, 08063628972, 08066623572.

We supply from Abuja And Lagos

Our prices are negotiable.

INSTALLATION IS FREE

N. B. If you have tried us, kindly share your testimonies here please.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2019
somez:
Polyvinyl chloride commonly known by its abbreviation PVC is a synthetic plastic polymer. It is available two basic forms- rigid and flexible. Polyvinyl chloride is used in many industries especially in construction. Its application in this industry ranges from pipes to doors, windows and flooring. In flooring they come in the form of tiles.

Benefits of PVC Tiles

PVC tiles are commonly used floor finishes. The tiles are made of a composite of PVC and fiber. This produces a very thin and reasonably hard tile. Flexible PVC Flooring is used in homes, offices, schools and hospitals. Here are top five benefits of polyvinyl chloride flooring:

Low cost: The biggest benefit of PVC tiles is that they are inexpensive. They are the most pocket-friendly type of flooring material when compared to other forms such as wood, marble, ceramic, etc. Even luxury polyvinyl flooring is affordable when compared to other materials. When it comes to style and durability, you wouldn’t regret choosing PVC tiles. It is not only an affordable option but the installation cost of PVC tiles is also low. This type of flooring can be put together without incurring professional installation costs

Easy installation: As mentioned earlier, this type of flooring installation does not require professional help. Firstly, the tiles are very light in weight as compared to the other forms of flooring and can be easily moved around. There are various installation options depending on the vinyl floor you have chosen. DIY experts can install these tiles easily by following the right instructions. However, it is recommended to seek professional help when installing PVC or any other type of flooring. Easy to install PVC tiles let you create beautiful patterns on you floor. Make use of the variety of textures, patterns and designs that come printed on these tiles to enhance the look of your home or office space.

Small size: PVC tiles come in small sizes (150mm, 225mm and 305mm). The benefit of having small sized tiles is that individual tiles can be easily replaced. This means the replacement cost of these tiles is also low.

Ease of maintenance: PVC floors are the easiest to clean. No other type of flooring comes close to PVC when it comes to ease of cleaning. All you need is a damp cloth or mop to clean these tiles. Mostly, these tiles come with various coatings which provide the required protection from stains, moisture and fading. Polyvinyl floors are naturally resistant to scratches and dents unlike hardwood flooring. To keep these floors clean and sparkling just sweep or vacuum regularly.

Anti-static: as we all know, the human body attracts static energy. There are variants of Polyvinyl chloride flooring that are anti-static. anti static flooring made from polyvinyl chloride can keep you and your family safe from static energy. This means that you can easily pass cables below the tiles without worrying about the safety of your family from static current passing from the floor.

For more related details, call or whatsapp Fracan Interior Limited on, 08063628972, 08066623572.

INSTALLATION IS FREE

I hope you remember the primary purpose of this thread, within a week go and count your post on this thread, then come back and ponder about your action toward the thread

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
Thank you for observing our posts . We hope you find our content valuable as other users of this veritable thread do too ( owing by calls generated from this platform) .

Humbly, we will be posting many more building / interiors designing paraphernalia on this platform.

Thank you.

www.fracanwallpaperetal..com
rotecch77:

I hope you remember the primary purpose of this thread, within a week go and count your post on this thread, then come back and ponder about your action toward the thread
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
somez:
Thank you for observing our posts . We hope you find our content valuable as other users of this veritable thread do too ( owing by calls generated from this platform) .

Humbly, we will be posting many more building / interiors designing paraphernalia on this platform.

Thank you.

You are being deliberately cute. This particular thread was created for a specific purpose, and could easily get swamped defeating that purpose, if certain rules of etiquette were not provided alongside making it a 'sticky'.

It is definitely not for advertising your 'paraphernalia'. You can create one for this and dump your content to your heart's desire. The fact you consistently flout this general understanding says so much about your attention to future clients' wishes.

There are astute potential housebuilders observing here. You may get some business from this underhandness but get 'swerved' by a lot more, like me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
Count your teeth with your tongue. You are been subtly reminded that you have been deliberately flouting rules and you are celebrating....issorai!

somez:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
segzy14:

Hmmmmm, even Lekki and ikoyi is 200k abi with red copy?
Continue. Please get a surveyor to update you on the current prices.

Even on the mainland it's way more expensive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Redman44(m): 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello house, thanks for your input and contributions on this thread. I am looking for answers on tiles. What is the best floor tile for a factory? What kind of floor tile is the best for the floor of a factory? And please,where can I get this tile? How much does it cost to get this tile per carton? Thanks a lot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
somez:

Thank you.

Actually, we find your adverts irritating and unruly. angry angry

Serious business people with something tangible to sell, make ONE advert and then put a link to their own thread.
You have been spamming this thread relentlessly and l just hope that those who wish to patronise you, will glimpse the kind of personality and person that you are, from your actions.

It is called EXTRAPOLATION of behaviour.
Anyone that steals #100 from someone, will steal #10Million from others, if they have the opportunity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
CostEngr:

Roof alone will cost approximately 850,000 - 1 million depending on material used.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
gmo10:

Yes concrete screrding is a combination of cement, acrylic and other chemicals which I wouldn't want to mention here. I assure you that after the application, the water won't reappear anywhere except where it was before.

Why are you here, if you want to keep knowlege SECRET?
Are you just here to tap into other people's knowlege while holding to your own?
Go back to the early pages of this thread and you will see that there is nothing new anyone wants to say, that has not been said before, it is just that some find it difficult to take the time to read over a thousand pages (reason we dont want advert here, to reduce the pages)

FYI, people who know far better than you, who have more valuable knowlege than you, have shared even what they live on (source of living) and it has not put them out of business till today rather thay have been having more clients.

Take people like Spyder, who is a building contractor that shares hi sknowlege freely here, he has JOBS pending like go-slow.
Take Gbadexy who is a Paint supplier who shares KNOWLEDGE and secrets of Paints here, have you not read about how many people are still pruchasing paints from him till today?
There is also this Builders (this two young guys who build around Abuja/Nasarawa/Middle belt axis, l cant remember their name at this moment), they have been inundated with jobs from clients here and by recommendation.
What about Kolashonge (building), Alcopacetic (electricals), Adeward (Woodworks), and many many more who we have all benefited from their knowlege?

By the way, the method you are suggesting is inefficient and unreliable. Yiu have also not demonstrated any "proof of knowledge" that would make your opinion convincing or are we just to swallow it, because you said so? shocked

Looking at it from a scientific point of view, it should be obvious that the water will still seep through the blocks, in-between the inside of the wall-plasters where you have the wall-blocks.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
Redman44:
Hello house, thanks for your input and contributions on this thread. I am looking for answers on tiles. What is the best floor tile for a factory? What kind of floor tile is the best for the floor of a factory? And please,where can I get this tile? How much does it cost to get this tile per carton? Thanks a lot.
WhatsApp me on any tile work on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2019

Benefits of PVC Tiles

Low cost: The biggest benefit of PVC tiles is that they are inexpensive. They are the most pocket-friendly type of flooring material when compared to other forms such as wood, marble, ceramic, etc. Even luxury polyvinyl flooring is affordable when compared to other materials. When it comes to style and durability, you wouldn’t regret choosing PVC tiles. It is not only an affordable option but the installation cost of PVC tiles is also low. This type of flooring can be put together without incurring professional installation costs.

INSTALLATION IS FREE

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
@Kolashangone long time, where you dey?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 12:50am On Jul 19, 2019
somez:

Benefits of PVC Tiles

INSTALLATION IS FREE

If you are this stubborn, will you advise me to patronize you?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 7:01am On Jul 19, 2019
Greetings. I planned to ignore all mentions on my post but for clarity sake, I will drop this nugget. One thing I have noticed about we Nigerians as individuals is the fact that we love over reacting... heating up unnecessary polity. Wonder why everyone now want to talk down on my mode of marketing my products.. Lol. Someone was even trying to paint a wrong picture on prospective clients that I might fraud.. Lol. Honestly, that will not stop me from posting many more products I have. For God's sake, I am not selling an afrodiciac products that's a "far cry" from the objective of this noble platform. Every detail I post on here dangles around the purpose of the thread, and believe me humbly, that 25% of my virtual clients comes from nairaland. It will be fair and mature enough to ignore my post (if it wobbles in you notion) and continue your discuss. On my own part, I will reduce the amount of uploads if you let me (by not tagging to the subject) .

To you question. Oga, I no dey force you to buy. Don't mention us for clout sake pls. If you believe this platform was made for a specified purpose, kindly stick to it and ignore. This is our hustle.

And yes... My Vinyl wood-like floor was imported from South Korea and they are 100% water friendly. They are far better than wood floor as they don't get dented by high heel or furnitures and are coated with anti scratch surface which also serves as anti slide. Good thing is that,
they can be laid on ceramic tiles and virgin floors as long as the floor is smooth.

For more related details, kindly call or whatsapp 08063628972, 08066623572, 09021180800.

Thank you so much for your time and anticipated understanding while on our own part, try to be moderate with posting .

Thank you
adanny01:

If you are this stubborn, will you advise me to patronize you?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2019
Observed
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2019
somez:
Greetings. I planned to ignore all mentions on my post but for clarity sake, I will drop this nugget. One thing I have noticed about we Nigerians as individuals is the fact that we love over reacting... heating up unnecessary polity. Wonder why everyone now want to talk down on my mode of marketing my products.. Lol. Someone was even trying to paint a wrong picture on prospective clients that I might fraud.. Lol. Honestly, that will not stop me from posting many more products I have. For God's sake, I am not selling an afrodiciac products that's a "far cry" from the objective of this noble platform. Every detail I post on here dangles around the purpose of the thread, and believe me humbly, that 25% of my virtual clients comes from nairaland. It will be fair and mature enough to ignore my post (if it wobbles in you notion) and continue your discuss. On my own part, I will reduce the amount of uploads if you let me (by not tagging to the subject) .

To you question. Oga, I no dey force you to buy. Don't mention us for clout sake pls. If you believe this platform was made for a specified purpose, kindly stick to it and ignore. This is our hustle.

And yes... My Vinyl wood-like floor was imported from South Korea and they are 100% water friendly. They are far better than wood floor as they don't get dented by high heel or furnitures and are coated with anti scratch surface which also serves as anti slide. Good thing is that,
they can be laid on ceramic tiles and virgin floors as long as the floor is smooth.

For more related details, kindly call or whatsapp 08063628972, 08066623572, 09021180800.

Thank you so much for your time and anticipated understanding while on our own part, try to be moderate with posting .

Thank you

You are missing the point.

Go to Autos section, if you want to sell a car, you open a thread for that car displaying its pictures and other information. Go to technology market, pretty much the same. The same thing happens on properties, if you want to sell a house or building products, you open a thread. It is allowed once a while to direct traffic to your thread link.

What you are doing is spamming this thread which is not meant for what you are foing and it is annoying. Gone are the days where Nairaland rules were strict, you would have had enough bans to discourage you from spams.

On this thread, i'd rather see your project sites, the installation methods and materials you use. More people with will get interested and ask you questions leading to more patronage.

I wont patronize a spammer even when i need his service.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2019
somez:

Thank you

I think to say that nobody is tackling you here, you know too well that this thread is a place were people come to draw knowledge from and also discuss issues about building construction nt a place of advert. That what they are trying to let you know stop throwing advert post anyhow here brother. It very simple

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: olatade(m), baaliyah(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.