Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4432049 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
@chekitaut, hmmmm, I don’t mind destroying what you have built here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

Skirting? You mean architrave

Yes, I mean architrave but the joinery trade in Nigeria call it skirting.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
diordaves:

I installed wooden internal doors and the doors were made over two years now with absolutely no problems. The doors remain straight, well laped with no warping.

I used IKPAYA wood. This is what we call it in Delta. It may be different in your area. It is also called Azobe, Ekki or red ironwood. The wood is sometimes used for electric pole and bridges as it's water resistant. The botanical name is Lophira alata.

The trick is to source for dried ones and after making the doors, don't hang immediately. Stand them to dry further. I allowed mine to stand and dry further for 30 days before hanging and vanishing. Also mind the door thickness which is 40mm.

Many thanks to you. May God Almighty bless you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Chekitaut:
Surely you get paid. from me. on or b4 friday. Basically due to service render to company which is 12working days pay day.

You have failed to refund me today, I will continue my post here everyday.
You can’t get away with my money .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
@checkitaut..pay this man his money . How much is the money sef that you cant pay back. This is why anyone who come here to seek service from any Nigerian here , risky losing his or her money. I repeat if you need granite come ibadan , RCC QUARRY , EMINENT QUARRY IS available just walk in and place ur order .Abeokuta is there ..pick the closest. Everyone is hungry in Nigeria. I get things done myself every where I go.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Maplewood Furniture Nigeria Enterprises is a registered company that provides quality home and office furniture.

Patronize locally made Nigeria furniture and make us grow.

Reliability, Flexibility, Affordability, Excellent Service Delivery are key

Contact us: 08022283035
WhatsApp: 07032186146
Email: maplewood04@yahoo.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:47am On Oct 26, 2019
@chekitaut, could you try and settle with engineer segzy asap. The prolonged dragging of the issue is bad for business.
I'm particularly worried because cases like this offer a setback to the online business community we are trying to build with already distrust and lack of confidence by some.
I have suggested the use of online feedback more to alert people on product and service quality of vendors, clients and contractors so that others don't fall into the same problem and the fear of negative publicity will serve as deterrent.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 26, 2019
@chekitaut, is a fraud do business with him at your peril. I won’t rest until you pay me my money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:08am On Oct 26, 2019
@chekitaut this is very bad of u
To think that u were one of the pioneers of this thread and witnessed how those who tried to defraud people on NL ended up is quite shocking. All your posts ever since Segzy14 brought up this issue doesn't make sense, just flimsy excuses. I know u no longer value your business on NL reason u are doing this. Please for future sake, pay this man his money.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jidobaba(m): 9:36am On Oct 26, 2019
Could water ingress alone have caused this collapse, guys?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1187026966697910272

The building was not even loaded yet. Really sad.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
luvablesam:
I need numerous suggestions on this please!!

I got a land recently in a swampy area(swamp caused by people diverting their flood water to my land because the land is on a lower land).

I would like to build a storey building on it.

My question now is that can I used 6-inch blocks with no holes(flats like they call them here) or use normal 9-inch hollow blocks.

Wont the walls be constantly wet if i use the 9-inch hollow blocks?

I need all the suggestions and help i can get.

Thanks

You need not just a normal foundation but a Raft foundation because the soil bearing capacity of the land must have been low because of too much water content and weak soil particles

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
gbadexy:
@chekitaut, could you try and settle with engineer segzy asap. The prolonged dragging of the issue is bad for business.
I'm particularly worried because cases like this offer a setback to the online business community we are trying to build with already distrust and lack of confidence by some.
I have suggested the use of online feedback more to alert people on product and service quality of vendors, clients and contractors so that others don't fall into the same problem and the fear of negative publicity will serve as deterrent.

God bless you.
The system is already filled up with distrust that we are trying to build. This case will only make it worst and not doing us any good. Pls Segz, Chekitaut try and settle OK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
jidobaba:
Could water ingress alone have caused this collapse, guys?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1187026966697910272

The building was not even loaded yet. Really sad.

wrong foundation i guess
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
lukkens:

Many thanks to you. May God Almighty bless you.

Amen. Good luck with your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adepejuvictor(f): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
.PLS LET PROMOTE ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY FOR THE GREAT WORK THEY ARE DOING WITH AVOIDABLE PRICE AND BEST,PERFECT CONSTRUCTION THEY ARE DOING FOR PEOPLE . WELL AM RECOMMENDING THE COMPANY. YOU CAN TRY THEM TODAY.MY PROJECT IS GOING ON WITH THE HELP OF THIS COMPANY JUST CALL THE C.E.O ARCH OLUWANIFEMI ON 08069253261. THIS IS MY PROJECT AT IBEJU LEKKI

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BUNMIALADE: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
adepejuvictor:
.PLS LET PROMOTE ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY FOR THE GREAT WORK THEY ARE DOING WITH AVOIDABLE PRICE AND BEST,PERFECT CONSTRUCTION THEY ARE DOING FOR PEOPLE . WELL AM RECOMMENDING THE COMPANY. YOU CAN TRY THEM TODAY.MY PROJECT IS GOING ON WITH THE HELP OF THIS COMPANY JUST CALL THE C.E.O ARCH OLUWANIFEMI ON 08069253261. THIS IS MY PROJECT AT IBEJU LEKKI
.WELL MRS ADEPEJU YOU ARE RIGHT. I ALSO TRY THE COMPANY FOR MY ABANDON PROJECT .AND THE GUY GIVE ME NICE DESIGN AND ALSO HELPING ME OUT FOR THE APPROVAL AND VERY SOON I WILL START THE CONSTRUCTION AFTER THE RAIN , THE COMPANY ARE TRUST WORDY COMPANY , I NO I WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THERE CONSTRUCTION Because have introduce them to my family and he did the construction very nicely. inverted the company is best as far as am consign .you can just try him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
Comedy express lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hi Good People,
Please for a bungalow, does using a triangle lintel iron have any effect on the building?

the rings will be 8mm while the internal rods will be 12mm with a 10inches spacing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
BUNMIALADE:
.WELL MRS ADEPEJU YOU ARE RIGHT. I ALSO TRY THE COMPANY FOR MY ABANDON PROJECT .AND THE GUY GIVE ME NICE DESIGN AND ALSO HELPING ME OUT FOR THE APPROVAL AND VERY SOON I WILL START THE CONSTRUCTION AFTER THE RAIN , THE COMPANY ARE TRUST WORDY COMPANY , I NO I WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THERE CONSTRUCTION Because have introduce them to my family and he did the construction very nicely. inverted the company is best as far as am consign .you can just try him
I bet they constructed your English too ���
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
bobkezel:

I bet they constructed your English too ���
@ Archaran, you don't need to use fake monikers to promote your biz. Note that there are great.minds and intellects on this thread and NL in general. From the English construction of the two post recommending you makes me suspicious, and this lead me to check the profile of the two monikers and I discovered that the two monikers we're registered same day 25th of October. Bros I don't mean to burst your bubble but note that whatever will be will be just be yourself. One luv and wishing you the best.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
Aventures:
@ Archaran, you don't need to use fake monikers to promote your biz. Note that there are great.minds and intellects on this thread and NL in general. From the English construction of the two post recommending you makes me suspicious, and this lead me to check the profile of the two monikers and I discovered that the two monikers we're registered same day 25th of October. Bros I don't mean to burst your bubble but note that whatever will be will be just be yourself. One luv and wishing you the best.
Lol grin
I fear you oo
LMAO
I sensed that tho but ignored
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
segzy14:
@chekitaut, is a fraud do business with him at your peril. I won’t rest until you pay me my money.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
Chekitaut:
Good evening all, i was informed of several post from a friend here about Segzy post. Yes i hv never d9 u paid me oof service wish is yet to be delivered. is a pity d urgly incident occurred anyway. We left Abeokuta with 2trucks of 30tons load going to Eng Samuel's site @Oko afon. we access tru Oshodi, because Atan terrible state of road, we encounter a gridlock at Toyota to Cele which made a experted nite delivery a day time delivery. Most of d truck like nite due to VIO, FRSC & LASMAN in lagos to aviod fall victims to law.
The 2trucks where not mine i lease it. D driver was not my staff, but they fall in d hands of FRSC corp each ticket was charge almost 90keach.no speed limit, no driver license, no fire..., no xtra tyres etc. what i dod waa to inform him. is a big challenge 2tricks. i hv disappointed no doubt but is never my making.
i was out of cash i told u on call that even N1k i dont hv thinking to deliver & get bal. Anyway i know Segzy14 very well, what you did is not of u, but...no wahala. Tell me what u want you said i shld refund. the running cost of d delivery is above N340k. i will refund if u insist, i will deliver if u want, wish ever way.

but how do you in 2019 lease a truck whose driver does not have a valid driving licence...no extra tires and no fire extinguisher?

I mean you clearly knew these things cos you said they drive at night cos they dont ve these things...

Fire extinguisher is abt 10k...license abt 20K and then ofc you need extra tires..you dont need VIO or anybody to tell you that.

Running a sustainable business requires that at all time you dont run fowl of certain things..this tryin to cut corners is the reason why some business collapse in Nigeria. I hope you learn from this and come out stronger.

in the main time..kindly refund the amount to the guy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2019
Cindino20:

but how do you in 2019 lease a truck whose driver does not have a valid driving licence...no extra tires and no fire extinguisher?

I mean you clearly knew these things cos you said they drive at night cos they dont ve these things...

Fire extinguisher is abt 10k...lincence abt 20K and then ofc you need extra tires..you dont need VIO or anybody to tell you that.

Running a sustainable business requires that at all time you dont run fowl of certain things..these tryin to cut corners is the reason why some business collapse in Nigeria. I hope you learn from this and come out stronger.

in the main time..kindly refund the amount to the guy.
@bolded like this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Surveyoruzoma: 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
Land for sale in awka at cheaper rate we have two and a half plots of land at ifete awka at cheaper rate for ten million naria only this is my phone number 07063998870
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Surveyoruzoma: 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
Good evening all how much will cost to build a three bedroom plats in awka anambra state this is my phone number 07063998870
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
BUNMIALADE:
angry

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Muyi002:
Hi Good People,
Please for a bungalow, does using a triangle lintel iron have any effect on the building?
the rings will be 8mm while the internal rods will be 12mm with a 10inches spacing.

For me personally, the savings does not justify it. Simple.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2019
Does anyone know the prices of water heaters?

I have seen a thread here on NL before but can't find it anymore .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Badgers14:
Does anyone know the prices of water heaters?

I have seen a thread here on NL before but can't find it anymore .

It depends on the size.50 litres, 15litres.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
segzy14:

It depends on the size.50 litres, 15litres.

Do you have the pictures, quote for both sizes?.

Local man is just tryin to reason his options here.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.