Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,270 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4429908 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Badgers14:

Do you have the pictures, quote for both sizes?.

Local man is just tryin to reason his options here.

Thanks.

15litres is fine since it is for residential building. You can contact edisami here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 27, 2019
@chekitaut is a fraud, he will take your money and he won’t deliver, don’t do business with him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 6:27am On Oct 27, 2019
@chekitaut is a fraud, he will take your money and he won’t deliver, don’t do business with him.

Please be sure and also have valid evidence before you write things of sort about people.

Dunemcapital
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 27, 2019
Dubemcapital1:

Please be sure and also have valid evidence before you write things of sort about people.

Dubemcapital

Let him pay me my 180,000naira if it is a lie.
I have evidence
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2019
segzy14:

Let him pay me my 180,000naira if it is a lie.
I have evidence

What is cheap most times are very expensive. CHEKITAUT you are a disgrace to contractors on this forum am sure you are not an engineer.

@segzy didn't you verify this man before contracting him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2019
Dubemcapital1:

What is cheap most times are very expensive. CHEKITAUT you are a disgrace to contractors on this forum am sure you are not an engineer.

@segzy didn't you verify this man before contracting him.

He was supposed to deliver 30tons of granite to my site 10days ago but I haven’t seen him nor the granite and I requested for refund 7days ago but no response. Is that not fraud?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:48am On Oct 27, 2019
mufutau55:

For me personally, the savings does not justify it. Simple.

Hajji M.

Boss,
Please what's your advise and what do I do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:05am On Oct 27, 2019
Hello People,
Please assist with the sizes of iron rods as per the attached as it relates to their colours.

I appreciate.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jidobaba(m): 7:21am On Oct 27, 2019
So seniors here cannot intercede and persuade Checkitaut to communicate with his aggrieved customer? Who has he been doing business with all these years on this thread? Because I went through his past posts sometime this month when I was looking at general contractors/suppliers. He seemed reasonably consistent and no bad publicity like this. Very bad look for every contractor here, I'll tell you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2019
Muyi002:
Hello People,
Please assist with the sizes of iron rods as per the attached as it relates to their colours.

I appreciate.
All colours are 12mm for concrete fascia

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2019
Muyi002:

Boss,
Your rod sizes and arrangements are ok for d lintel. But try to do square instead of triangle if u can. People do triangle, but i don't think it is standard practice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2019
Badgers14:

Thanks.
cc thathistoryguy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

Even the blue colour?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2019
segzy14:

Even the blue colour?
Yes it is holding d stirrups
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

Yes it is holding d stirrups

It is together with the stirrup and it is 10mm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2019
jidobaba:
So seniors here cannot intercede and persuade Checkitaut to communicate with his aggrieved customer? Who has he been doing business with all these years on this thread? Because I went through his past posts sometime this month when I was looking at general contractors/suppliers. He seemed reasonably consistent and no bad publicity like this. Very bad look for every contractor here, I'll tell you.
But there will always be a bad egg among the good, that doesn't contaminate others but only needed to be taken out ASAP

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2019
Badgers14:

Thanks.
good morning their price on the make and the litters you may need , sir if need my service to the quality one to go for https:///2347087953771 will snd their pictures wih their prices thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:03am On Oct 27, 2019
Badgers14:
Does anyone know the prices of water heaters?

I have seen a thread here on NL before but can't find it anymore .

How many litres?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 11:44am On Oct 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

Rubbiish:

Your rod sizes and arrangements are ok for d lintel. But try to do square instead of triangle if u can. People do triangle, but i don't think it is standard practice.

Thanks so much bro. I appreciate your feedback.
God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Muyi002:

Thanks so much bro. I appreciate your feedback.
God bless.
U can use 10mm for the Red, blue, black & green colours as suggested by one of the professionals here to save cost. & use 12mm for only the four reinforcement at the block level for d parapet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
Badgers14:
Does anyone know the prices of water heaters?

I have seen a thread here on NL before but can't find it anymore .

Hi sir
It all depends on how many lits ,product and also the quantity in question .

Chat me up on 08157000908 for pictures and prices .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
Muyi002:
Hello People,

I appreciate.

Blue can be 10mm, black can be 12mm and other colors 10mm respectively
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
Thank you so much.

Rubbiish:

U can use 10mm for the Red, blue, black & green colours as suggested by one of the professionals here to save cost. & use 12mm for only the four reinforcement at the block level for d parapet.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
Muyi002:

Boss,

Go for the regular squared iron lintel with Y12, you won't save much on the iron with triangular style..

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Too bad Nigerians are like this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
mufutau55:

Go for the regular squared iron lintel with Y12, you won't save much on the iron with rectangular style..

Hajji M.
Sir Triangular style u meant @bold?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

Sorry jare... Thanks for the correction. Post ammended.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

On the average, please have you got any idea of the length of why blue colour iron rod is.

Sorry for my questions o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

It was triangular HR had initially written

mufutau55:

Go for the regular squared iron lintel with Y12, you won't save much on the iron with triangular style..

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
Thanks Alhaji Mufutau.

I will go with the squared 8mm ring with 12mm placed inside.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
diordaves:

Sweet vanishing. You can't beat wooden doors when properly done. Wooden doors give homes character. No be me and internal iron doors. Give me wooden doors anytime, any day.

Yea, you got it, same here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Muyi002:

On the average, please have you got any idea of the length of why blue colour iron rod is.

Sorry for my questions o
Do u mean d number of rod lengths required for d blue colour? It can only be determined by the length and breadth of d building. But i will strongly advice u get someone to supervise and handle the parapet work. Because u will need a professional to supervise it. All the reinforcements need to key to avoid failure.

Reinforcing a parapet work requires supervision, most of these iron benders will tie the rod anyhow just to get their money. Only a supervisor will ensure all the reinforcement works are properly keyed. I strongly advice u get someone that has been into it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: uchechukwuochei(m), Geekop and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.