Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369803 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1254) (1255) (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
Aluminium Window with Burglary Or without burglary for your building
Enquiry today
Pls Call:08069609983 Or WhatsApp
Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
diordaves:

The same with me, I've never paid for granite before delivery so I was kind of surprised in a number of ways when this came up. Surprised that clients pay for granite before delivery and super surprised that checkitaut is this indeciplined to be caught out in this mess. This has exposed him as a middle man he so much preached against. To be honest, there is nothing wrong being a middle man but be deciplined enough to deliver.

If he's a direct supplier, all the excuses he gave for messing up, his union would have sorted out such eventualities. In Delta and Edo States, Road Safety or Police don't disrupt logistics that much. The Union work this out.

It's a shame though because I'm planning on engaging him after the festive period next year for a factory construction project in Ibadan but I guess I now need to go back to the Board of Directors for a revised plan. It's sad. The diaspora should encourage deligent small business owners back home but when you read stuff like this, you just want to give up on the country.

You can engage me. Rest assured of honesty, integrity and fair deal.

No advance payment will be required, only payment on delivery
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
oyinmio:
Pls house, what is the advantage of building on a 60*60 piece of land over a 30*120 piece of land ? Thanks.

The most cost effective design is a square shape design. The longer or narrower a building the more the cost compare with another of square shape (even if the two have the same floor area).

The main reason for this is the perimeter/floor area area. A long or narrow building needs more perimeter wall to enclose the same floor area as a square shape building. There are other reasons that account for higher cost of long or narrow buildings compared with square shape building.

However, there are several factors that determine design and building shape

I hope this helps. If you have more questions/need clarification, go ahead.

For example:
For the square, the total perimeter is 240ft. For the rectangular, it is 300ft. Hence, fencing will cost more. Not to talk about other things

However, I personally prefer the square shape
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oyinmio: 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
Many thanks. I appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
Takoro13:

God shall provide for us all. is not too late to dig septic tank and shockaway. use the laterite for filling. this really helped me including sand dug from well. all were used for filling (the remaining is there to level the compnd after fence).

am still looking forward to how to reduce cost on roofing. i was introduced to someone that would help in getting wood from bush. his price will definitely less to shaw mail price. and the higher the king post the higher the corresponding cost.

my opinion

You're correct. Cost reduction on roof is mainly on lowering the kingpost to reduce the area of the roof covering and carcass.

You can also negotiate well in terms of labour.

Or you go for more economical roof covering.

But, please don't compromise the standard of the wood you want to use for the roof carcass/structure. If possible, treat them with solignum to prevent termite/insect invasion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hezbola: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
Please house I need advice on how best to devide this plot to get maximum use. I want to build a four bed room and nursery school in future.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Conceptalumi: 12:35am On Nov 10, 2019
If you want a quality aluminium window , call us today on 09034377258 whatsapp
Email :conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rusep: 7:16am On Nov 10, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please house has anyone here used PVC roofing sheets for his project? I was in Dei dei building material market yesterday for market survey on Roofing sheets when I came across a PVC roofing sheets that looks like stone coated roofing. I am contemplating using it, please advise. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rusep: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2019
This is the picture

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2019
diordaves:

The same with me, I've never paid for granite before delivery so I was kind of surprised in a number of ways when this came up. Surprised that clients pay for granite before delivery and super surprised that checkitaut is this indeciplined to be caught out in this mess. This has exposed him as a middle man he so much preached against. To be honest, there is nothing wrong being a middle man but be deciplined enough to deliver.

If he's a direct supplier, all the excuses he gave for messing up, his union would have sorted out such eventualities. In Delta and Edo States, Road Safety or Police don't disrupt logistics that much. The Union work this out.

It's a shame though because I'm planning on engaging him after the festive period next year for a factory construction project in Ibadan but I guess I now need to go back to the Board of Directors for a revised plan. It's sad. The diaspora should encourage deligent small business owners back home but when you read stuff like this, you just want to give up on the country.
boss let me supply you in ibadan. I do payment after supply. 08060506857
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 7:35am On Nov 10, 2019
Hezbola:
Please house I need advice on how best to devide this plot to get maximum use. I want to build a four bed room and nursery school in future.
you need a very good architect to do that. Contact us. 08060506857
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:33am On Nov 10, 2019
Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bestmutiu2019(m): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
boay:

I respect your opinion, but I think I need to add this:

Anybody can be a contractor, I am a Quantity Surveyor and by 2020 I will be launching my construction company. Anybody can go into the business of construction.

In my construction firm, I will have Architect, Engineers etc on my team.
sir how can I contact you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by thaqib(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
So this bungalow has been basically completed but the drainage wasn't taken to consideration during the foundation stage. It drains back to someone site( not yet developed though). It was a sloppy land backwards really. What can we do now to drain forwards to the gutter? If we fill the rear, it Will encroach on the entrance. Urgent advice needed sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2019
thaqib:
So this bungalow has been basically completed but the drainage wasn't taken to consideration during the foundation stage. It drains back to someone site( not yet developed though). It was a sloppy land backwards really. What can we do now to drain forwards to the gutter? If we fill the rear, it Will encroach on the entrance. Urgent advice needed sir
where is your location? use underground pipe of big size(diameter) with drain surface along the line. it will be bury like water pipe, channel it to the nearest public drainage. even others can link up if properly done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
thaqib:
@bold i don't understand?
Seems ur dpc is very low
Maybe u can construct an L shape gutter from d back channeled to d front gutter to direct d water forward with a slope. The gutter should be covered with metal slab having openings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by thaqib(m): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
@rubiish, the dpc isn't very low, but the front is a little high than the back. So for the compound to drain forward, the filling at the back will have to be quite high..
I got ur advice though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
Please house, I need price of Nigerchin 1mm - 2core, 1.5mm -3core and 2.5mm-3corecable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lmdk: 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
yinkaoke:
Good day House.

Please I am planning to continue my building. the last I did was the lintel, now am contemplating filling or doing the roof, please what is the best for me? filling or roofing?

if filling, any special ways to reduce cost, its a very simple and small 4 bedroom building with square shape. I learnt I should dig septic tank and use the sand to fill first. if its roofing, any special ways to manage cost?

Thanks as I await your professional responses.
. Ur budget will determine the next step out of the two i.e the cost for filling and soakaway/ spetic tank is not up to what you will use for the roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2019
Good morning to the pro and bosses.... I need a quick help regarding size of woods and functions. I want to know the work of each size of woods listed below and also advice on the best wood to go for when doing Carcass.....

3*4

2*6

2*4

2*3

2*2

1*12

I just want to know which one is for kingpost, purlins, tiebeam, facial board, loggin, Rafter etc... Help will be appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2019
gurunlocker:
Good morning to the pro and bosses.... I need a quick help regarding size of woods and functions. I want to know the work of each size of woods listed below and also advice on the best wood to go for when doing Carcass.....

3*4 = Wall Plate

2*6 = King post / Tie Beam

2*4 = Rafters / Structs

2*3 = Purlin

2*2 = Ceiling hangers

1*12 = Facial Boards

I just want to know which one is for kingpost, purlins, tiebeam, facial board, loggin, Rafter etc... Help will be appreciated.

That's standard uses.....
Note: sometimes 2x6 is used for rafters and 2x4 used for tie beam... (depending on span of building)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
saydfact:

That's standard uses.....
Note: sometimes 2x6 is used for rafters and 2x4 used for tie beam... (depending on span of building)

Thank you so much sir grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donokoh(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good day my people. pls who have an idea the cost of renting per day a vibration machine use in ramming foundation. SIte is located in LAGOS, AGO PLACE . urgent response is needed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
donokoh:
Good day my people. pls who have an idea the cost of renting per day a vibration machine use in ramming foundation. SIte is located in LAGOS, AGO PLACE . urgent response is needed.

The one I used here cost about 17k both rentage, 1 labour and the operator.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donokoh(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
rotecch77:

The one I used here cost about 17k both rentage, 1 labour and the operator.
ok thanks. pls where is the site located. cause the price of the one you use is way above the price that they are call for me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good afternoon all,

We have an undeveloped property in Mangoro, When the rains got very heavy coupled with the opened dam, water entered into our neighbors house from the Foundation, All the tiles opened up. Affected 2 rooms and the parlor.

What could be the issue and any insight to how to get ti resolved.

We are thinking of continuing our own property cos we are in the foundation stage, Kindly advise on what to do so that we dont have that kind of issue in our own house when we done.

Thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
temi4fash:
Good afternoon all,

We have an undeveloped property in Mangoro, When the rains got very heavy coupled with the opened dam, water entered into our neighbors house from the Foundation, All the tiles opened up. Affected 2 rooms and the parlor.

What could be the issue and any insight to how to get ti resolved.

We are thinking of continuing our own property cos we are in the foundation stage, Kindly advise on what to do so that we dont have that kind of issue in our own house when we done.

Thanks in advance

It’s never too late now that you are in foundation stage.
Go and look for a professional to handle the project for you.

About your neighbor issue many thing can cause it, low foundation level, poor job, etc,
Quack can not solve the problem let him or her search for a reputable personal in build industry I.e builder to solve the problem once.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
rotecch77:

It’s never too late now that you are in foundation stage.
Go and look for a professional to handle the project.

Working on it already just asking for my mum friend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
donokoh:
ok thanks. pls where is the site located. cause the price of the one you use is way above the price that they are call for me.

Site location and size of the foundation will determine the cost, my is 4flats
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donokoh(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
rotecch77:

Site location and size of the foundation will determine the cost, my is 4flats
oh, I see. My is for one unit 3bed room flat, and they are calling 13k for me. Is that fair enough ? I was thinking it should not be more than say 9k - 7k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1254) (1255) (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: buzzetin(m), Ogechukwu01 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.