Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443122 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2019
yinkaoke:

Is this measurement below okay
Septic
12by12by10
And 6by6by5
Or
10by10by10
5by5by5
For what size of building?
3 bedroom, 4 bedroom etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 8:17am On Nov 21, 2019
yinkaoke:

Thanks @ muyi002
Please is this both septic n spakaway?
What is the measurements please?

Mine is 7ft by 11ft by 9ft deep and it is for a 4 bedroom flat with no water going outside the house. all water channels go in the pit.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2019
yinkaoke:
Good morning great people. Please l need advise
1. How much do l pay my mason to raise 300 blocks above my lintel?

Less than 20k would do the job...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2019
saydfact:

Less than 20k would do the job...

I concur with this. I used to know that for each block is between N30 to N40.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2019
Rubbiish:

For what size of building?
3 bedroom, 4 bedroom etc
Thanks. It's for a 4 bedrooms
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2019
Muyi002:

At muyi002
Ur pics is like 2 pits. Are they both septic n spakaway? Is there measurement same?
Was there any reinforcement, use of iron rods? Or is there a need.
Also is it advisable to do it at d back of d house or in front. Just asking oh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 10:55am On Nov 21, 2019
yinkaoke:

At muyi002
Ur pics is like 2 pits. Are they both septic n spakaway? Is there measurement same?

the Size i quoted is the total size of the soakaway.

based on your usage, you can liaise with the bricklayer to divide it for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2019
Nozzle:

Thank you so much boay..

The slab will be sitting on beams and columns not blocks.

Thanks alot.

You're welcome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2019
raymondFirstborn:
To all concerned,
I have now added OND in civil engineering to my list of Academic qualifications , after completing a 3year PT course IN laspotech.
I now have an OND in Civil engineering , HND in Quantity surveying and PGD in construction management.

thank you.
Congratulations. More wins
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:11am On Nov 21, 2019
Sweetchilli:
Yes 2 bedrooms per flat * 4 flats
Land is 600sqm and it is a dry land

OK, 35m should complete it. But to be sure let's take a look at the drawings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
Muyi002:

when was that. No skillful bricklayer will collect 40 from u. At least 50/ block
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
yinkaoke:

At muyi002
the slope of your land will determine where you will put it to make it flow properly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
If you need stainless railings for your building .. interior and exterior . Call on me..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akolawole(m): 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
Good evening folks,

On a dry land, can someone please tell me how much it will cost to get the attached to foundation level?

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 5:10am On Nov 22, 2019
Akolawole:
Good evening folks,

On a dry land, can someone please tell me how much it will cost to get the attached to foundation level?

Thanks

is the land dry or waterlogged ?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 5:35am On Nov 22, 2019
Nozzle:
Good morning
Engineers in the house

I am doing a slab to cover my soakway....12ft by 10ft. Please can i get a quote of how many16mm rod i would require so as to be able to carry the weight of a car.

Please help guys.

Sorry for the late response, make sure you have a cross beam reinforced with 16mm not on the walls, so it must have columns then the slab should be 12mm /5inches interval spacing. e.g of what I mean:

Dubemcapital

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2019
Greetings to the house
Please which is better between doing a chain lintel or roof beam for bungalow?
I intend to use columns, i am considering doing short lintels and doing a roof beam or to do chain lintel and leave the room beam, please which would u advice? Thanks
Cc saydfact bixton Dubemcapital1 and other great experts
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2019
klark3:
Greetings to the house
I intend to use columns, i am considering doing short lintels and doing a roof beam or to do chain lintel and leave the room beam, please which would u advice? Thanks
Cc saydfact bixton and other great experts
I am in similar position and need experts advice
Is it proper to terminate the columns at the chained lintel level or it is compulsory to do a roof beam to terminate the columns? because my builder is suggesting we can terminate it at lintel level and leave roof beam to save cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2019
klark3:
Greetings to the house
Cc saydfact bixton and other great experts

There are several reasons for doing a roof beam but given cost cutting .............

Option 1....
Do chain lintel on external walls and on any major wall cutting the building if there is.
You can do short lintel on internal walls.

Option 2.....
Do chain lintel on all internal and external walls of the building.

N/B: Due to clips used in holding the wall plate onto the wall, please kindly inform your engineer/builder, carpenter to liaise with the iron bender to cut quarter rods(it has different thickness) of appropriate length to be fastened unto the lintel before you pour your concrete. Ensure the length cut is sufficient depending on number of blocks you intend putting after the lintel works.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2019
bixton:

There are several reasons for doing a roof beam but given cost cutting .............

Option 1....
Do chain lintel on external walls and on any major wall cutting the building if there is.

Option 2.....

N/B: Due to clips used in holding the wall plate onto the wall, please kindly inform your engineer/builder, carpenter to liaise with the iron bender to cut quarter rods(it has different thickness) of appropriate length to be fastened unto the lintel before you pour your concrete. Ensure the length cut is sufficient depending on number of blocks you intend putting after the lintel works.

what is your reason for chaining internal walls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2019
bixton:

Option 1....

Option 2.....

Thanks for ur reply
So much appreciate
But what about the pillars like someone who quoted me stated. Can i terminate them at chain lintel level or the can be taken to roof level without the roof beam?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2019
klark3:

Thanks for ur reply
So much appreciate
But what about the pillars like someone who quoted me stated. Can i terminate them at chain lintel level or the can be taken to roof level without the roof beam?
leave the pillar till roof beam . you can do short lintel and do roof beam. It is the roof beam that will transfer the load of the roof to the foundation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:41am On Nov 22, 2019
Dennis3D:

I need response to this...

*Material is how much per square meter*?

*Labour is how much per square meter for POP work only. Average Design.*
materials is 3000 upward depending on your design while labour is 700 upward per square meter depending on your design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 11:43am On Nov 22, 2019
tevanso:
leave the pillar till roof beam . you can do short lintel and do roof beam. It is the roof beam that will transfer the load of the roof to the foundation.
Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pahoehoe: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
In case you do not know, port operations and development are shifting from Apapa to Ibeju Lekki because a Chinese bank just granted Lekki Ports the sum of $620M to develop the lekki deep sea port. That's why you need to invest your N1.5M in buying just a plot of land at Ibeju Lekki. By nest year, the plot of land will appreciate by 100%. Click on the second link on my signature for details.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akolawole(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
raymondFirstborn:

is the land dry or waterlogged ?.

Dry land

Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
tevanso:
what is your reason for chaining internal walls

**Because of over zealous engineers/builders/artisans once there's a crack on the wall they will attribute it to the impartial chaining of lintel.

** It reduces clients fear in circumstances when there is need to modify the structure(breaking of walls or recreating something else).

** The chaining of internal walls acts like an opposing force that balances that on the external walls when all are properly linked.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
klark3:

Thanks for ur reply
So much appreciate

There's no need to terminate. Just take them to roof level.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
bixton:

There's no need to terminate. Just take them to roof level.
Even without a roof beam?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
klark3:

Even without a roof beam?

Yes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
bixton:

Yes.
Thanks so much
But as a professional which would u advice, doing short lintel and roof beam Or doing chain lintel without roof beam?
As i am yet to do it
Sorry for d too much questions
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
klark3:

Thanks so much
But as a professional which would u advice, doing short lintel and roof beam Or doing chain lintel without roof beam?
As i am yet to do it
Sorry for d too much questions

If you have the funds, do complete chain lintel with roof beam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joycluv, joetoocute, EgunMogaji2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.