Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389410 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by futurism: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

5% from buyer and 5% from seller is d accurate one
hello, I need to be specific a bit

The buyer came through me and we searched for who knows owner of the land. We got a lead who linked us to the owners of the land. In this case, would I still get 5% from the owners of the land while the person who led us to the owner of the land gets his sorted by them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
futurism:

The buyer came through me and we searched for who knows owner of the land. We got a lead who linked us to the owners of the land. In this case, would I still get 5% from the owners of the land while the person who led us to the owner of the land gets his sorted by them?
U and the person who led u to them will share the 5% from owner of d land & the 5% from d buyer.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
futurism:

In an ideal environment both buyer and seller pays an agreed percentage of total purchase amount to be shared amongst their respective middle men separately.

As a buyers' middle man, your percentage comes from your client.
Sellers' middle man will often times collect from both sides due to their role.

Be intelligent enough to collect your due but let it not bring arguments.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by futurism: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

U and the person who led u to them will share the 5% from owner of d land & the 5% from d buyer.
okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by futurism: 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
bixton:

In an ideal environment both buyer and seller pays an agreed percentage of total purchase amount to be shared amongst their respective middle men separately.

As a buyers' middle man, your percentage comes from your client.
Sellers' middle man will often times collect from both sides due to their role.

Be intelligent enough to collect your due but let it not bring arguments.

thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seborrhic: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
raymondFirstborn:
To all concerned,
I have now added OND in civil engineering to my degrees, after completing a 3year PT course IN laspotech.
I now have an OND in Civil engineering , HND in Quantity surveying and PGD in construction management.

thank you.
Well done.
But OND and the other qualifications from Laspotech are not degrees.
You have got diplomas.
Not belittling your academic quest,but just classifying them properly.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
seborrhic:

Well done.
But OND and the other qualifications from Laspotech are not degrees.
You have got diplomas.
Not belittling your academic quest,but just classifying them properly.
I understand that HND is not a degree.
You should tell that to young graduates not a professional like me with wealth of experience.
But there is a difference between "diploma" and "higher diploma". At the same time "PGd" can not be classified as just a "diploma".
Classifying HND and PGD as diplomas is trying to discredit the prefix "Higher" and "Postgraduate"
same thing applies, there is a difference between graduates and undergraduates.Undergraduates can not be called graduates and vice - versa.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
raymondFirstborn:

You should tell that to young graduates not a professional like me with wealth of experience.
You need to understand the difference between technologist and scientist first, before jumping to conclusion.
As an HND holder, I am a technologist and my job is strictly "hands on" application (applied science) .
All those Chinese (expatriates) you see constructing Nigeria's bridges and roads are technologist with the same diplomas you look down on.

with that same diploma , I would be starting my MS in Construction management next year in UNILAG.

He hasn't undermined the so claimed wealth of experience.
Take take time to read and understand, he has only made comment on your use of word "degree".

Laspotech dont award degree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LinkolnTech(m): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
Truth be told here.

HND is not a degree.
I have HND in business administration from the same Laspotech too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

No one has undermined the so claimed wealth of experience.
Take take time to read and understand, he has only made comment on your use of word "degree".

I understand that HND is not a degree, But there is a difference between "diploma" and "higher diploma". At the same time "PGd" can not be classified as just a "diploma".
Classifying HND and PGD as diplomas is trying to discredit the prefix "Higher" and "Postgraduate"

same thing applies, there is a difference between graduates and undergraduates.Undergraduates can not be called graduates and vice - versa.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Una like wahala. BSc, BA, MA, MSc, ND, HND, Pg Dip all are diplomas.

So for example, BSc is the name/title of the qualification. So you can be awarded a BSc or HND diploma certificate. So the paper your qualification is written on is called a diploma certificate. Master or HND, all na diploma certificate.

What the poster would have said is I've added so and so to my qualifications. But I won't sweat him calling his qualification a degree as the message is clear. Una too like educational title for Nigeria. Engr Matthew, Architect Samuel, Surveyor James.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
diordaves:

So for example, BSc is the name/title of the qualification. So you can be awarded a BSc or HND diploma certificate. So the paper your qualification is written on is called a diploma certificate. Master or HND, all na diploma certificate.

What the poster would have said is I've added so and so to my qualifications. But I won't sweat him calling his qualification a degree as the message is clear. Una too like educational title for Nigeria. Engr Matthew, Architect Samuel, Surveyor James.
A Bsc is a diploma?
Is a diploma a degree?
I don't understand?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
raymondFirstborn:

I understand that HND is not a degree.
You need to understand the difference between technologist and scientist first, before jumping to conclusion.
As an HND holder, I am a technologist and my job is strictly "hands on" application (applied science) .
All those Chinese (expatriates) you see constructing Nigeria's bridges and roads are technologist with the same diplomas you look down on.

with that same diploma , I would be starting my MSC in Construction management next year in UNILAG.
This is our problem
We always drag sentiment into everything
If u read the post u quoted carefully, i am yet to see anywhere he tried to belittle your qualifications, he only tried to correct your use of words. The least u should do is appreciate him & if u feel offended ignore. I honestly do not see any need for this, since u already know HND is not a degree.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

This is our problem
We always drag sentiment into everything
If u read the post u quoted carefully, i am yet to see anywhere he tried to belittle your qualifications, he only tried to correct your use of words. The least u should do is appreciate him & if u feel offended ignore. I honestly do not see any need for this, since u already know HND is not a degree.

Me,I don't even know why you need to inform people in a faceless forum of your additional qualification.
You are even so insecure that you are still arguing the difference between diploma(whether higher or lower) and degree.
OgaRaymond I know you won't like my post but please work on your self esteem!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

A Bsc is a diploma?
Is a diploma a degree?
I don't understand?

Yes na. All na diploma certificate. That is the compound name.

For example success confirmation letter:

I can confirm you have passed the required units to be awarded the MSc in Financial Engineering. Your diploma certificate will be despatched after the date of award.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
diordaves:

Yes na. All na diploma certificate. That is the compound name.

For example success confirmation letter:

I can confirm you have passed the required units to be awarded the MSc in Financial Engineering. Your diploma certificate will be despatched after the date of award.

A diploma certificate is different from a degree certificate. Your university will issue a diploma certificate if u did a diploma program & a degree certificate if it is a degree course.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
diordaves:

Lol, sometimes you see Dr. PhD, MSc. Pgd, BSc B ed, native doctor, so and so, you put them in government, dem go steal government money with all the chains of degree without their qualifications translating to solving the problems in the country, chai

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, sometimes you see Dr. PhD, MSc. Pgd, BSc B ed, native doctor, so and so, you put them in government, dem go steal government money with all the chains of degree without their qualifications translating to solving the problems in the country, chai
grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2019
twinskenny:
grin
Na true Na, Jonathan was a PhD holder, post = President of Nigeria, Dr Ngozi iweala was the finance minister, from world Bank = finance minister and several others in that government were PhD holders from different Universities both home and abroad and the results of their stewardship was stealing / daylight robbery of the resources of Nigeria.

Enters stage 2 of another government led by we are pighting kwarraption via the EPCC and my administlation is kwomitted to pighting kwarraption, and they also have PhD holders in this current government and the score card is that Nigeria is the current headquarters of extreme poverty in the world, 6th most miserable country on earth and also a country where 21 states has been declared unsafe for western visitors and yet it is led by PhD, MSc, MBA, BSc, HND, PGD, and all manner of qualifications and yet ordinary good roads, health-care, power, water, they have not been able to solve since 1960.

I will rather prefer tomatoes, onions and akara seller's to govern the country and we move forward than chains of degrees and the country is dead completely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
rotecch77:

Very correct.
I don’t know why people will say hand made block will be stronger than machine made sand Crete block, when you used same ratio for both (same quantity of sand, cement )to produce same quantities of block
no body ever conclude on any individual opinion about this and no one would say hand moulding block will have same capability as that of machine made one. the point is you don't have control on the number of blocks per bag and other conditions in industry/machine making blocks hence I support you make your blocks yourself, if only if you have time to supervise and have pro knowledge about it.

peace

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hezbola: 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2019
Engineers in the house please, kindly review this plan. Is it perfect, what can be adjusted.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hezbola:
Engineers in the house please, kindly review this plan. Is it perfect, what can be adjusted.

1. Study has a too small window
2. Laundry in the middle of the plan doesn't look convenient
3. Roof plan will need highly experienced labour if not, leakage will be a problem due to too many gutters. I counted 6 gutters.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 12:03am On Nov 21, 2019
Hezbola:
Store
Rest room
Study
Laundry
are all a huge No no

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:12am On Nov 21, 2019
Too busy.

Get the architect ( if you used any) to get more creative. I'm sure he can do better.

You seemed to have too much crammed in there.
- Master bed access awkward
- How do you get ventilation to family lounge? Do you even need one at all?
- Is laundry mandatory to you? seems forced in there as well. consider outdoor laundry or in the terrace if you absolutely have to have one.
- Visitors rest room is a requirement but needs to be relocated. that's one space thats okay to be tucked in a corner and hidden from direct view for privacy.

I will just rework everything altogether to get a completely different layout.

Hezbola:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:02am On Nov 21, 2019
chukwuka12:
Good morning house...
Please is there any remedy for getting rid of lizards.. A friend just moved in to his house and lizards are everywhere... On the fence, the wall of the building and ready to welcome him anytime he opens the window....

Pls advise....

I can recommend my Chinese colleagues to come live in his compound for 2 weeks. Does your friend have a spacious backyard where they can grill?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:29am On Nov 21, 2019
Dennis3D:
Hello House

I need response to this...

*Material is how much per square meter*?

*Labour is how much per square meter for POP work only. Average Design.*

Thus may depend on area and thickness of the POP. Like my area in ilorin, the average price is 3500 per sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:33am On Nov 21, 2019
Johnadelaide00:
Please house, what is the cost of suspended ceiling per SQM

This also depends on area. Ilorin here, it is 1700 per sqm if it is the ordinary board and if it is the suspended POP, it is 2500 per sqm.

This includes the iron used to iron used to hold the suspended stuffs labour cost is 200 per sqm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2019
Good morning great people. Please l need advise
1. How much do l pay my mason to raise 300 blocks above my lintel?
2. I was advised to dig my septic n soak away n use d dug out sand to fill my foundation. But my worry is that l am not ready to work on d septic n soakaway until l get to plumbing work next year. So how safe would d open septic n soak away be.as l am concerned is it normal to dig n leave it open until am ready.
Thanks all in anticipation of ur advise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
yinkaoke:
2. I was advised to dig my septic n soak away n use d dug out sand to fill my foundation. But my worry is that l am not ready to work on d septic n soakaway until l get to plumbing work next year. So how safe would d open septic n soak away be.as l am concerned is it normal to dig n leave it open until am ready.

The cost of is dependent on area. Mine which picture is attached was done for 180k (this include cost of digging foundation and blinding the foundation). This is an agreement I had with the bricklayer at inception. Cost of half DPC is not part of the 180k.

Soak away digging would help you for filing. Soakaway after digging should not be left without putting blocks and making the blocks formidable by putting) concrete in the holes till it gets to the bottom. This was what I did and my Soakaway has been like this since June this year and it is serving as where I put water. See attached

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
yinkaoke:

Is this measurement below okay
Septic
12by12by10
And 6by6by5
Or
10by10by10
5by5by5
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2019
Please this measurement of septic n soak away below is it okay
Septic
12by12by10
And 6by6by5
Or
10by10by10
5by5by5
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2019
Muyi002:

The cost of is dependent on area. Mine which picture is attached was done for 180k (this include cost of digging foundation and blinding the foundation). This is an agreement I had with the bricklayer at inception. Cost of half DPC is not part of the 180k.

Soak away digging would help you for filing. Soakaway after digging should not be left without putting blocks and making the blocks formidable by putting) concrete in the holes till it gets to the bottom. This was what I did and my Soakaway has been like this since June this year and it is serving as where I put water. See attached

Thanks @ muyi002
Please is this both septic n spakaway?
What is the measurements please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Juxtix88 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.