Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443429 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
raysolutions:
Please house, how long does it normally take a building to settle
Cc diordaves bixton tevanso saydfact et al

All buildings settle but there is no academic time sequence a building settles. The rate of settlement is directly proportional to the soil relative to the foundation, live and dead load of the structure.

However, a building that shows signs of continued settling from two years of completion is a sign of problem. Buildings settle but you hardly notice. If you notice, there may be some problem.

Do you have settling concern of your building?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
emman44:
Sewage Diegester is here for you... Say no to septic tank... No odour No evacuation.... It requires little space.. Call us for more information Mr Taiwo 07066474055.. 25years warranty
Can you share little Infor in regards to how the diegester works, without evacuation. Does it have any mechanical system in it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrinceLat(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
emman44:
Sewage Diegester is here for you... Say no to septic tank... No odour No evacuation.... It requires little space.. Call us for more information Mr Taiwo 07066474055.. 25years warranty

So far so good, this sounds interesting on "the surface", can you please explain further in clear terms the advantages of this Diegester over the popular septic tank.

Some of us are at this stage, a better alternative would be welcomed.

Cost comparison too, should suffice , every available information should be shared here for all to make informed decision.

And please don't forget to tell us what happens after 25 years.

By the time you're done, you won't be asking us to call you, if you succeed in convincing us........ We would be the ones to ask for your details and introduce you to our friends as well.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hezbola: 10:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
Choosenone2020:
Good evening everyone, pls can anyone give me quote for this plan like cement,block,iron, granite ,sand and others . 3 coaches for foundation and 13 to level Thanks
Like you will pass through the sitting room to the kitchen. Am not understanding the plan oh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hamthablow(m): 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good evening builders in the house, please from the attached roof plane can you please tell me the size in square meter and the cost of roofing with 0.55mm Metecopo Aluminium?

Ccsaydfact

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hamthablow(m): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
And the below picture

Ccsaydfact

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2019
Pls listen to twinskenny. He is a guru when it comes to electricals and CCTV installation

twinskenny:
either Coleman or any product for that matter the price is a little high

cc @ topsy23
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Udometuk5103(m): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2019
Please can someone advise me on how to go about iron roofing trusses on a small block of 16.5*11.5 sqr metres?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Udometuk5103(m): 10:10am On Nov 24, 2019
Please can someone advise me on how to go about iron roofing trusses on a small block of 16.5*11.5 length and width sqr metres and the estimated cost?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Conceptalumi: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2019
Call us for your aluminium windows and doors, we offer quality and affordable service @ concept Aluminium services, talk to us on 09034377258whatsapp
Email: conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com
Add beauty to your building with our aluminium fabrication works.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hello Guys,
I have not been here now for a while ,I am looking for recommendation for property manager around ikotun area.

Any recommendations Guys?

Cheers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please i need assistance with respect to the description and sizes of the wood in the attached.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
Contact us at His Grace Interior Deco for your P.O.P ceiling installation, wall screening arcs and pillar designs, wall demarcation, window arts, parapet designs and other related services. +2347069462837

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zino89: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
Engineers in the house please is this plan OK ?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
Zino89:
Seems the designer tried to manage space
It is not bad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
Zino89:

It looks good but can be improved. The Launge looks like 2 different lounges side by side.

For this design to be this lengthy, the plot must have presented constraints. Depending on how the plot is, I would prefer the lounge to be rectangular.

The dinning doubles as a lobby to the entire house, that is most inconvenient.

I believe the lounge, dinning and the adjacent bedroom can be rearranged better.

The bedroom and adjacent dinning should become the lounge while the lounge becomes the bedroom and dining. The other half should be mirrored to have the kitchen at the back.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
Zino89:

Well is not bad!
Only observe the dinning, which may not be function as wish, because there's going to be kind of traffic around there ,after setting up the dining so may be you should bring the w/c around kitchen verandah.
Then you can make use part of living room as dining area.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
Zino89:

Good design, the architect did a nice job.

1) you can reduce the length of the visitor toilet to 2m (2x1.2) against( 3.262 x1.2) to have much meaningful shape / much space for the sittingroom.

2)The dining is too narrow to accommodate dining set (the lenght is ok) what you need to do here is to erase the lobby which is 900mm and extend your dining wideness to be 3m+ in other to have more room for dining set.

Then create a small exist lobby for the kitchen from the present size of the kitchen

3) Also 3doors entrance for this kitchen size is much.
Erase the store door in the kitchen and relocate it to the long lobby area, in other to have a good meaningful and full function kitchen cabinet set up

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Choosenone2020: 6:12am On Nov 25, 2019
Hezbola:
Like you will pass through the sitting room to the kitchen. Am not understanding the plan oh.

Thank you for your observation, but that is how I want it. please can you give quote for it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:42am On Nov 25, 2019
diordaves:

All buildings settle but there is no academic time sequence a building settles. The rate of settlement is directly proportional to the soil relative to the foundation, live and dead load of the structure.

However, a building that shows signs of continued settling from two years of completion is a sign of problem. Buildings settle but you hardly notice. If you notice, there may be some problem.

Do you have settling concern of your building?

The rate and amount of settlement can be estimated to high degree of accuracy through different theory of settlement such as Terzaghi's theory of consolidation settlement. settlement can be immediate, primary or secondary.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
abdulwastecx:

The rate and amount of settlement can be estimated to high degree of accuracy through different theory of settlement such as Terzaghi's theory of consolidation settlement. settlement can be immediate, primary or secondary.

This is good to know. So what are the parameters or intervening variables one would need to calculate settlement outcomes?

If I walked into your office with my structural drawings and location, can you then calculate the degree of settlement?

When I read your response, with this knowledge, I went through my various structural drawing plans but no where is the rate of settlement included in the drawings.

I would think, this information should be included in the structural drawings that would go through certification.

We have seen beautifully executed building suffering untoward settlement over time which tells me corners have been cut. This information tell me, untoward settlement can be avoided with due diligence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zino89: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rubbiish:

Seems the designer tried to manage space
It is not bad
thanks.. It's 30 by 160
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zino89: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
rotecch77:

Good design, the architect did a nice job.

1) you can reduce the length of the visitor toilet to 2m (2x1.2) against( 3.262 x1.2) to have much meaningful shape / much space for the sittingroom.

2)The dining is too narrow to accommodate dining set (the lenght is ok) what you need to do here is to erase the lobby which is 900mm and extend your dining wideness to be 3m+ in other to have more room for dining set.

Then create a small exist lobby for the kitchen from the present size of the kitchen

3) Also 3doors entrance for this kitchen size is much.
Erase the store door in the kitchen and relocate it to the long lobby area, in other to have a good meaningful and full function kitchen cabinet set up
thank you..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zino89: 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
adanny01:

It looks good but can be improved. The Launge looks like 2 different lounges side by side.

For this design to be this lengthy, the plot must have presented constraints. Depending on how the plot is, I would prefer the lounge to be rectangular.

The dinning doubles as a lobby to the entire house, that is most inconvenient.

I believe the lounge, dinning and the adjacent bedroom can be rearranged better.

The bedroom and adjacent dinning should become the lounge while the lounge becomes the bedroom and dining. The other half should be mirrored to have the kitchen at the back.
thanks .. th size of the land is 30 by 120
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zino89: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
Olazzeedris:

Well is not bad!
Only observe the dinning, which may not be function as wish, because there's going to be kind of traffic around there ,after setting up the dining so may be you should bring the w/c around kitchen verandah.
Then you can make use part of living room as dining area.
thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
Zino89:

I'm not an Engineer and neither did I stay at a Best Western last night.

However, I take issue with the placement of the kitchen. Most house fires start in the kitchen. And this kitchen could trap occupants of the back bedrooms.

Some suggestions.

1) Do a 1.5 story building. You can relocate at least two bedrooms upstairs and reduce the length of the house giving you space in the front.

2) Try to peruse https://samhouseplans.com if you get a chance for alternative ideas on layout.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
Zino89:

nigerians love tiny kitchen and bathroom sha

can you get the architect to give a furniture layout - show your bath tub,shower stall, toilet, cooker etal? and maybe cabinet layout in the kitchen?
let use of some spaces not be a chore when you move into the house proper.

my two cents

EgunMogaji2:

I'm not an Engineer and neither did I stay at a Best Western last night.

However, I take issue with the placement of the kitchen. Most house fires start in the kitchen. And this kitchen could trap occupants of the back bedrooms.

Some suggestions.

1) Do a 1.5 story building. You can relocate at least two bedrooms upstairs and reduce the length of the house giving you space in the front.

2) Try to peruse https://samhouseplans.com if you get a chance for alternative ideas on layout.

Good luck.

imho, its faulty / cheap electrical installations that do it in naija. undersized cables, low quality plugs, you connect a standard load - eg a kettle to them, and wires and points start burning

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
Plastering of 3bedrooms ,1 visitors toilet , 1 store would cost how much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
klark3:
Greetings to the house
Please which is better between doing a chain lintel or roof beam for bungalow?
I intend to use columns, i am considering doing short lintels and doing a roof beam or to do chain lintel and leave the room beam, please which would u advice? Thanks
Cc saydfact bixton Dubemcapital1 and other great experts

Hi.
If you've gone through my threads, I've always maintained that a chain lintel is a waste of money.

Lintels are not structural elements, it's just a bridge.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2019
Choosenone2020:
Good evening everyone, pls can anyone give me quote for this plan like cement,block,iron, granite ,sand and others . 3 coaches for foundation and 13 to level Thanks

Send me a WhatsApp message.. See my signature for link
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2019
Muyi002:
Hi Guys,

Please i need assistance with respect to the description and sizes of the wood in the attached.

A. Tie beam 75mm x 100mm (3by4)
B. Kingpost 50mm x 150mm (2by6)
C. Strut 50mm x 100mm (2by4)
D. Queen post or struct 50mm x 100mm (2by4)
E. Ridge 50mm by 150mm (2by6)
F. Rafter 50mm by 100mm (2by4)
G. Purlin 50mm x 75mm (2by3)
H. Wall plate 75mm by 100mm (3by4)

Then there is
Ceiling Hangers - 50mm by 50mm (2by2)

Not shown in the pics

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timmie101: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
Contact us today for your soil test and Piling works,we will give you a well detailed soil test report of your land and recommend the type of foundation that can retain your structure.
Our soil test comprises the Dutch cone Penetrometer test and the percussion borehole in order to achieve the greatest knowledge of what is beneath the soil on which your structure is to be constructed.
soil test helps to know whether there will be need for piling or not.
The report will also be used for your building approval
Dont consider the money, please it is advisable to do soil test before erecting your building. Thanks for your patronage.
You can call or WhatsApp us on 07033221554

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chidimercy, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Ojoboak(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.