Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391102 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
fabulous85:
hello, I was about starting the roofing of my house, I made arrangements to go to the timber shed to buy wood then the lock down in kaduna started because of the corona virus. I pray the price of stone coat roofing sheet and wood will not increase after this pandemic
hey yah, boss it will automatically affect it boss, it already affected many building materials here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hello nairaland, we supply you all kinds of building materials such as , tile, marble, granite, doors, toilet seat, water system , showerroom, bathroom shower, tap , with affordable price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
Mgbadike80:
what capacity of overhead tank do you suggest for a three bedrooms bungalow, it would be mounted on the roof and the pillars are six inches with 4nos 12mm iron reinforcement. The local winds are usually very strong too( Northern Nigeria)

1500 or 2000ltrs of geepee or storex tanks is suitable for the place,
After mounted the tank finished make sure you tight the tank with marine rope of 10 or 12mm so that the wind will not blow it away

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
SAMJOSH1:

Thank you for your response.
So, how much is the shower that is in the pics and that standing washing hand basing.
And prices quoted above, are they for both toilet seat and washing hand basin.
Thank you.

The price quoted above is for the complete set but without tap for the basin ( seat, tank, basin, pedestal).

Except the regular wc of 12,500 which is only SEAT and TANK.

The shower in the pics above is called “3ways conduit shower” cost 35,000 I used the it in this project link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5113925/finishing-osun-state-edifice-rotech77

If you need more questions you can continue ask here or you can reach me on

08066619493 call and whatzap
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
rotecch77:

Im into this for the past many years here, we have supplied many members here in the past and presently I.e Hajji mufutau, Egin, Resido, floflo, I can’t name all here ( thank you all for your patronaged)

https://www.nairaland.com/1431031/best-price-tileswater-closetpipes-fitting#17986804

I can surely testify to your good sale and delivery to many of my projects and many others recommended to you. Good work.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jp130(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Would you also recommend d same for a 16mm iron reenforcement n dimension of 2500mm by 3000mm just above d kitchen?

rotecch77:

After mounted the tank finished make sure you tight the tank with marine rope of 10 or 12mm so that the wind will not blow it away

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jp130(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
Pic here for guidance, d circled points are d columns. Dimension of d base for d columns is 800mmby800mm. 7bags of cemnt was used to cast d base alone

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
rotecch77:

The marine rope will not last long, unfortunately, with the temperatures in the North. It loses it's colour and then frays and cuts.

I don't expect it to last for up to 2 years. Some other rope might do the trick.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hello guys.
Watch the video of this project on our YouTube Channel. You will love it. And feel free to contact us anytime you need something like that.

Visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu5AbDwGLmM

This is an image extract of the project.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
mufutau55:

I can surely testify to your good sale and delivery to many of my projects and many others recommended to you. Good work.

Hajji M.

Thanks so much sir, May God Almighty rewards you abundantly sir.
Same to others that which good to me and to others people here and outside here. Amen
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
lorhema:

The marine rope will not last long, unfortunately, with the temperatures in the North. It loses it's colour and then frays and cuts.

I don't expect it to last for up to 2 years. Some other rope might do the trick.

Actually you are not far from the truth, even here is south and west same issue but we when rope of 1-2k lasted for 2yrs it’s ok and due to be replaced.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
rotecch77:

Im into this for the past many years here, we have supplied many members here in the past and presently I.e Hajji mufutau, Egin, Resido, floflo, I can’t name all here ( thank you all for your patronaged)

https://www.nairaland.com/1431031/best-price-tileswater-closetpipes-fitting#17986804

Check this thread,

More so water closet,shower are of many types and grade.

China regular wc hanging type now 12,500
China top flush system now 24,000
Thailand product range from 38-75k
Genuine England product from 40-140k

Shower tap/mixer
Regular China shower mixer tap 6-8k
Good China grade from 10-18k
Thailand/ turkey made from 15-45k
European made from 35-100k

Please which grade of tap is the first pic? Does it come with its shower or thats just for tap alone?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
jp130:
Would you also recommend d same for a 16mm iron reenforcement n dimension of 2500mm by 3000mm just above d kitchen?

Yes you are good to go.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
ceelog:

Please which grade of tap is the first pic? Does it come with its shower or thats just for tap alone?

The tap is Thailand made Very Good, made of original brass and coated with Chrome.
It comes with the shower head

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tripoli007(m): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good day house ,How much can one get Half plot of land around Abijo,Eputu,Awoyaya axis of Ajah Lagos ... Dry land preferably
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Adedward:
it's ok, if u want to consider the prices, it also good to recommend, just makesure they used full guage of 0.45 longspan for u, becouse there is lower guage,
Absolutely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
saydfact:

Water level and Aesthetics

How do you mean aesthetics? Aesthetics for a high foundation or for a low foundation? So professional/builders implement foundation for aesthetics? So you design and implement foundation for aesthetics?

I'm surprised at your lackadiasical response to a very fundamental enquiry as you've projected yourself as a knowledgeable industrial player.

A high course foundation is the bedrock of any building. The world can go wrong with a low foundation. An appropriately high foundation designed and implemented by a professional can hardly go wrong regarding flood, damp, subsidence, ground water ingress, collapse, deferential settlement or regular settlement etc. A low course foundation is a constant threat throughout the lifespan of a building.

Government may even tar the road and overnight the access road is higher than the building and there the problem starts.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thank you sir
Sosqui:

50k is to start the registration process. I spent a total of about N250k in doing mine. TCC means tax clearance certificate. You can discuss with a Tax consultant on how you can get yours if you are into business or your employer to give you your recent TCC if you are an employee.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 6:42am On Apr 06, 2020
Good morning everyone.
I'm segun and i'm into POP designs.Ceillings,wall screeding,tv wall units and wall panels.You can also contact me for general interior designs.
Whatsapp- 08144621992
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:17am On Apr 06, 2020
dbshaywhy:
Good morning professionals, please what's the price of 1 ton of 12mm iron rod and 10 tonnes granite to Sagamu?
one ton of 12mm rod is between 210k to 235k depending on the grade... And you can get a 12tonnes Volvo at 50k to Sagamu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:31am On Apr 06, 2020
I just discovered that Most folks here don't use structural design for there Construction, Head knowledge about construction can't serve you 100%,...

It's dangerous, when you allow Bricklayers and Iron bender to tell you the amount of reinforcement you need in your Structure without a detailed structural design to guide you...

I saw a post where someone is asking whether 12mm rod can carry a roof Water tank stand... It's not about the reinforcement size, spacing matters a lot, also the sizes of your column, your foundation depth for that portion even your Beam,

2000litres is equal 2000kg of Water, that's pretty heavy for a normal concrete roof to carry conveniently, even though it carries it, can it stand the test of time...

You need to start paying for Drawings, convince your client how important drawings are...

I just finished casting a First Floor Slab on Friday in one of the project I am working on, I had to seal my ear to the grunts and complaints of my Iron Bender and we followed the Structural drawings to the letter, even though it consumed more reinforcement

Your Building will not Collapse in Jesus name...

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2020
Hargbo:
I just discovered that Most folks here don't use structural design for there Construction, Head knowledge about construction can't serve you 100%,...

It's dangerous, when you allow Bricklayers and Iron bender to tell you the amount of reinforcement you need in your Structure without a detailed structural design to guide you...

I saw a post where someone is asking whether 12mm rod can carry a roof Water tank stand... It's not about the reinforcement size, spacing matters a lot, also the sizes of your column, your foundation depth for that portion even your Beam,

2000litres is equal 2000kg of Water, that's pretty heavy for a normal concrete roof to carry conveniently, even though it carries it, can it stand the test of time...

You need to start paying for Drawings, convince your client how important drawings are...

I just finished casting a First Floor Slab on Friday in one of the project I am working on, I had to seal my ear to the grunts and complaints of my Iron Bender and we followed the Structural drawings to the letter, even though it consumed more reinforcement

Your Building will Collapse in Jesus name...

You have good point here for being said that it’s good to have and follow structural design in building construction.

But you got it totally wrong by saying these

1. ...most people here didn’t follow or have structural design for there building.

Question..... how do you know this.how did you do the statistics.

2. Original post has now been edited by the OP

A professional, religious fellow, matured someone will Never say this prayer instead he will advise and let people know the advantages and disadvantages of such to the people.

You can never say, if such prayer is answered by God (I know this type of prayer can’t be answered from this type of talk).
But never say never and someone you love happened to be among the casualties how will you feel.

This is not acceptable in this forum ... to me if I should say

POST EDITED

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2020
rotecch77:

You have good point here for being said that it’s good to have and follow structural design in building construction.

1. ...most people here didn’t follow or have structural design for there building.

2 you prayed that building will collapsed in Jesus name.
A professional, religious fellow, matured someone will Never say this prayer instead he will advise and let people know the advantages and disadvantages of such to the people.

You can never say, if such prayer is answered by God (I know this type of prayer can’t be answered from this type of talk).
But never say never and someone you love happened to be among the casualties how will you feel.

I’m not sure he meant any harm, I think he forgot to put the “not” in the sentence.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2020
rotecch77:

am sorry, that was a typographical error, I will never say such a prayer, I will go and edit it... Kindly forgive me...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2020
Hargbo:
am sorry, that was a typographical error, I will never say such a prayer, I will go and edit it... Kindly forgive me...

Ok noted.
Let’s be our brothers keepers.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2020
segzy14:

I’m not sure he meant any harm, I think he forgot to put the “not” in the sentence.

Ok let’s hope so
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2020
Dear All,

Please if anyone need Empty Containers For building ,Office , Toilet or site house etc

Kindly contact us

Emmanuel Udoh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2020
rotecch77:

This is not acceptable in this forum ... to me if i should say

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:57am On Apr 06, 2020
[quote author=DFAMEGUY11S post=88144862][/quote] you are right sir, At times when i look at the kind of words some professionals use against each other here, i will begin to wonder if their is what we are dragging here.lets us learn how to encourage each other here in these forum than using ( i too know words).because some are here to learn , as far as am concern noboby is perfect here

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 9:06am On Apr 06, 2020
[quote author=rotecch77 post=88144319]

Ok noted.
Let’s be our brothers keepers.
Thanks
[/quote

Kindly edit my post that you quote to reflect my correction... Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:28am On Apr 06, 2020
[quote author=Hargbo post=88145653][/quote]ok I think I have corrected it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:49am On Apr 06, 2020
diordaves:

How do you mean aesthetics? Aesthetics for a high foundation or for a low foundation? So professional/builders implement foundation for aesthetics? So you design and implement foundation for aesthetics?

I'm surprised at your lackadiasical response to a very fundamental enquiry as you've projected yourself as a knowledgeable industrial player.

A high course foundation is the bedrock of any building. The world can go wrong with a low foundation. An appropriately high foundation designed and implemented by a professional can hardly go wrong regarding flood, damp, subsidence, ground water ingress, collapse, deferential settlement or regular settlement etc. A low course foundation is a constant threat throughout the lifespan of a building.

Government may even tar the road and overnight the access road is higher than the building and there the problem starts.

Dear Diordaves,

If you've gone through my thread and post, you must have noticed I don't insult, attack or try to win customers.

I share my opinion and walk. Anyone who doesn't agree with them, should ignore - I'm not the only 'fish' in seun 's ocean.

Thank You.

@others - YES, we use high foundation for Aesthetics too apart from preventing water ingress. (see next post)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: speak2bella(f) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.