Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391197 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
GoodFaith:

l[sup][/sup]

nonsense
I paid $ 300 material and labor to install = N112K
that is $24 for the head
full set $136

Why nonsense?
Did I say something wrong?
Or you think Rotecch77 reply was?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 7:20am On Apr 08, 2020
Hello nairalanders.
I'm into POP designs.
That is ceilings,wall units,wall screeding and skirting.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:27am On Apr 08, 2020
Bovijean:
Hello nairalanders.
I'm into POP designs.
It's nice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sammoe(m): 10:16am On Apr 08, 2020
Hello fello NLers, please does anyone here work with a mortgage bank, or know anyone who does? I'd appreciate a contact.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Dennis3D:

Share the floor plan first if you need answers to the first question.

Second question - 1 Bag of Cement = 30 - 35 Blocks of 9 inches is relatively standard.

Reason building falling like rock
My soakway 6 inch block was one bags to 25
My fence foundation was 5 inch one bag to 30
Above foundation one bag to 35

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
ceelog:

Why nonsense?
Did I say something wrong?
Or you think Rotecch77 reply was?

The price is crazy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Timtol:

It's nice.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
GoodFaith:

The price is crazy

You mean the price you bought yours or the one I quoted for 35k here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
GoodFaith:

Reason building falling like rock
My soakway 6 inch block was one bags to 25
My fence foundation was 5 inch one bag to 30
Above foundation one bag to 35
Sr, do you know you can make 25 blks of 6" from a bag and not reliable like 35 blks of 9"? Many conditions attached, sr.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chazblagos(m): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
I need a mini bus (a.k.a Korope or small doctor) on higher purchase or delivery.. If you have or willing to buy,or You know someone that needs a driver for it.
please reach out to me
I live in Ajah area of Lagos state
Call 08090651372
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
Takoro13:

Sr, do you know you can make 25 blks of 6" from a bag and not reliable like 35 blks of 9"? Many conditions attached, sr.

Thanks
Sir, You just told me half story
school me
What condition make 35 blks better than 25 of one bag?
I am here to learn
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
I need rubbles oh but in Ajah.

Aventures:
Dear All,

A friend of mine has some rubbles as a give away at Ojodu axis, if you are interested just contact me I will look you up.
It is free, just come with your trucks and loaders.

Check.my signature for.my contact.

Cheers. Stay blessed, stay safe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
gabbytabby:

I wish this rubbles is located in Ajah axis. It is cost effective for people in Ikeja, Agege, Ogba, Ojodu and Berger axis because of cost of Haulage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Chekitaut how much is haulage to Sangotedo for 20 tonne truck. If it can be done for about 20k each then I do not mind paying for 2 trucks.

Aventures:
I wish this rubbles is located in Ajah axis. It is cost effective for people in Ikeja, Agege, Ogba, Ojodu and Berger axis because of cost of Haulage

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
I need desperately around Ajah axis too, and in large quantity.

Please let me know if you find a good deal, maybe we can offtake together to share the cost.

I have been on the lookout for sometime now but found nothing in that area.

Cheers,

gabbytabby:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigcee(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
Please, how much will it cost to sand fill half plot of land to a height of 1 feet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
gabbytabby:
Chekitaut how much is haulage to Sangotedo for 20 tonne truck. If it can be done for about 20k each then I do not mind paying for 2 trucks.

From where to where?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
Chekitaut:
From where to where?
Ojodu Berger to Sangotedo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
bigcee:
Please, how much will it cost to sand fill half plot of land to a height of 1 feet?

Give the exact size of the half plot or the area of the space in question.

Eg 234m² OR 12mby34m

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigcee(m): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
saydfact:

Give the exact size of the half plot or the area of the space in question.

Eg 234m² OR 12mby34m

Goodluck
30 by 120
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FrostyButter: 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
Bovijean:
Hello nairalanders.
I'm into POP designs.

For a sitting room that size and that particular drop Ceiling in the first picture, about how much does one budget for that?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 8:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
GoodFaith:

Sir, You just told me half story
school me
What condition make 35 blks better than 25 of one bag?
I am here to learn
Sr, you only want to drag my legs. You know note than me. The little I can tell you is that nber of blks produce is not the main factor that determine the reliability of blk strength.
-material
-compatibility
-environmental
-quantity control
-curing

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
Professionals and the experienced in the house.
Please who has used Ggc pop paint for screeding. I set out for glova paint but all I saw was Ggc pop paint and they are saying it is very good. I need people to share their experience. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
We are affordable! Give Us a Trial.

quote author=dannie007 post=87848138]Are you in need of a very good professional Furniture or wood expert for your New or Old homes look no further we gat you covered anywhere in Nigeria.

Oxatto Multi Services. You can contact us on Whatsapp 09090040008 or Call 08066377733.

Walldrop.
Kitchen Cabinet.
Television Stand.
Beds
Sitting Chairs. Etc

Contact us for any Wood Work and be sure of Rest of mind..[/quote]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Newmercies: 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
diordaves:

Now I get you. You bought into an estate with external convenant. You may change the interior but NOT external design in keeping with the character of the estate.

There are FOUR places you can situate the stairs and non are outdated. But the decision is yours to make. To help you decide, I have attached four different stairs designs:

Pic 1
Is the vaulted ceiling approach. The stairs are in the sitting room. The implication is visitors downstairs can see the household going about their business upstairs. And so much room space is lost to the vaulted ceiling.

Pic 2
This is the classical Nigeria design. The stairs are in the sitting room. The implication is you must go through the sitting room to access upstairs.

Pic 3
Here the stairs are in the kitchen. The implication is the kitchen must be very big (roomy). So you use the kitchen as kitchen-dinner. This is very popular in the USA.

Pic 4
The stairs are in the hallway not in the sitting room. From the pic, when you come through the main entrance door, the stairs are facing you and to your right there is a door to the sitting area and the kitchen. The implication is household members can access upstairs without going through the sitting area and you have a very nice hallway. Another advantage of this is visitors don't come through the main entrance door straight into the sitting area. They are received first by the hallway and ushered in to the sitting area. This is very popular in England.

The decision is yours.

Thank you so much diordaves I so much appreciate this

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
Aventures:
Ojodu Berger to Sangotedo
What we consider most is loading method. If hand loading N50k you responsible for loaders if payloader N40k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
bigcee:

using your size of 30 x 120 ft @ 1ft height

YOU'LL NEED APPROX 91.5 TONNES OF FILLING SAND
OR
176 TONNES OF LATERITE

lets round it up to 95 tonnes (filling sand); 20 tonnes cost about 40K (find out price in your zone)

= 190k (compacting was not considered)

(repeat for laterite if needed)

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
saydfact:

using your size of 30 x 120 ft @ 1ft height

YOU'LL NEED APPROX 91.5 TONNES OF FILLING SAND
OR
176 TONNES OF CLAY

lets round it up to 95 tonnes (filling sand); 20 tonnes cost about 40K (find out price in your zone)

= 190k (compacting was not considered)

(repeat for clay if needed)

Goodluck
Mistake majority make in calculation on tons is what you put on book is not what you get, many times without number i have said this. There is different btw size of truck & content in it. What supplier out there do is 10tons in 20tons truck you can never get a 20tons payload @40k or 50k as familiar by everyone, location also a determinat factors.

instead just give the required tons price will be determined by the supplier he or she wish to transcat with...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
Newmercies:
pls i need your advice, we are building a duplex and wanted staircase to be in the sitting room as seen in some houses but the Engineer said it's outdated. pls your advice will be appreciated.
you don't have an architectural plan? We need to understand the layout of your building to give you an advice but it all boils down to your taste eventually

And by the way, using the word outdated in building is not professionally correct... You can place your structural members in any location for different reasons like security, aesthetic, structural stability, availability of space..

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 12:00am On Apr 09, 2020
diordaves:

When you say "we are building a duplex" how do you mean? Do you mean you are already building like you have done foundation and all but now want to implement the staircase? Or you are in the pre-planning stage like putting together the architectural and structural drawings?

If you are already building, where did your architectural drawing situate the staircase? Or are you building without architectural/structural drawings? If you are only at the pre-planning stage and about to commission the architectural drawing, it is what YOU want that counts when it comes to the floor plan of the duplex. It is not the remit of your engineer to advice what is "outdated" as this is a matter of personal choice. Architecture is not like clothing fashion that could be outdated. Architecture could belong to a particular era but not outdated. I'm currently looking back to build those old Ikoyi colonial houses (architecture) as a retirement home. Now tell me that is outdated.

Now if the staircase is not within the remit of the sitting room, where is the "modern" position your engineer is proposing? Is your engineer an architect? Decide what you want and how you want it and instruct your engineer to implement it.

You are exactly right on Point Boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 12:04am On Apr 09, 2020
Grace2Grace:
Professionals in the house, I greet o. Pls I need insight on how many blocks of 9 inches will take a 4 units of 2bedroom from foundation to DPC.

Also, how many blocks will be most suitable to mould from one bag of cement.....!!
architectural plan boss and we will give you a breakdown of the materials you need
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 12:20am On Apr 09, 2020
bigcee:

30 by 120
You will need about 104tonnes of Laterite sand..

So.you need to know how much they will deliver 30tonnes of long trailer for you. So just buy 4 long trailers..

The one I bought last was 12tonnes trailer @18thousand each
That means you will need about Nine 12tonnes trailer @18k
That's about 162 thousand naira to feel half plot of land 1foot above the ground level

Others should calculate and let's compare notes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), playces, topsy23 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.