Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414495 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
I greet you all customer and Friends, well we are here to provide you all kinds of building materials such as :

Tile

Marble

Granite

Security doors

Sanitary ware

Power shower

England toilet seat

Hanging w/c

Water heater

Tap

Executive canbinet

Etc

Makes

Spanish

Italian

Chinal

Turkey

Origina is our product

For those that is interested can reach us with this no
https:///2347087953771
Our price is affordable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:28pm On May 17, 2020
femidbuilder:
Should you install door and window subframes before plastering?

what are the pro's and con's.

If you are not ready to but windows and doors is it possible to just get frames first?
boss, if u are using sub frame, it's important to install it before plaster, then install the glasses after plaster,

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:03am On May 18, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
I greet you all customer and Friends, well we are here to provide you all kinds of building materials such as :

Tile

Marble

Granite

Security doors

Sanitary ware

Power shower

England toilet seat

Hanging w/c

Water heater

Tap

Jacuzzi

Executive canbinet

Etc

Makes

Spanish

Italian

Chinal

Turkey

Origina is our product

For those that is interested can reach us with this no
https:///2347087953771
Our price is affordable

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 5:12am On May 18, 2020
Hi Good people,

Please Can stone dust mixed with the plastering said date be used in the plastering stage. If so please what is the advantage.

Kindly assist
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 5:14am On May 18, 2020
Hello People,

Please see the attached picture. It is the inside of a room. Please what could be the cause of this? It is my rented apartment so I want to avoid it in my building

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:43am On May 18, 2020
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ezeagu Enugu State
Roof Design : Shingle Design
Colour:Black with white patches
Roof meters: =420Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peaceland(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2020
gbadexy:

I thought it was cement screeded at first glance.
Since it's water pooling and being absorbed by the wall that most likely caused the cracks, you may paint the skirting with water resistant paint so that it's flows off the wall.
Thanks a lot sir,
Actually about a metre from ground level was painted with "chemical" . That's what it was called and created a kind of seal and that is what is puffing up and peeling off now in some sections.
Some sections I know are due to rain splatters and some due to internal pipework plastering
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peaceland(m): 8:33am On May 18, 2020
FlappaNozzle:
my wonderful people,

i need a very good electrician, i have wired already, but my electrician isnt available anymore, i need someone good who will figure out the plan on ground and work with it.

any recommendations?
I will recommend @topsy23, worked on mine and very good

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2020
peaceland:

Thanks a lot sir,
Actually about a metre from ground level was painted with "chemical" . That's what it was called and created a kind of seal and that is what is puffing up and peeling off now in some sections.
Some sections I know are due to rain splatters and some due to internal pipework plastering
Ok sir. They probably used an oil based coating.
Tell them to peel the weak part as much as possible and apply water based matte emulsion. It's water resistant and allows water vapor to evaporate more.
The best would be if the water can flow away from the building fast.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peaceland(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2020
gbadexy:

Ok sir. They probably used an oil based coating.
Tell them to peel the weak part as much as possible and apply water based matte emulsion. It's water resistant and allows water vapor to evaporate more.
The best would be if the water can flow away from the building fast.
Thanks greatly.
Can you advice if you have a reliable painter around Mowe axis (Lagos ibadan expressway) kindly help with the details
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:55am On May 18, 2020
peaceland:

Thanks greatly.
Can you advice if you have a reliable painter around Mowe axis (Lagos ibadan expressway) kindly help with the details
Yes sir; 0905 040 6577.he is presently working around redeem at mowe.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 12:02pm On May 18, 2020
Hello,
could you provide more details of the property for development for consideration of a JV.
Location, type of property planned, current status, estimated cost to completion etc. personal details for follow up.

Thanks

Carfreak966:
Does anyone know a company that can help one complete his house and take percentage every year for the payment for up to 5 years . I am finding it difficult to finish it. It’s location is ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by generichomes: 1:32pm On May 18, 2020
Lands available visit www.generichomes.com.ng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2020
Mgbadike80:
please, between roofing a two story student hostel with longspan aluminum roofing sheets and decking it, which would be more costly? would the difference in cost be much? thanks.

why are you considering decking it?

would you be ready to adequately water-proof it, and maintain same for the life-time of the building?

beyond the now - look at the future.

BUT if decking it has commercial gains, then maybe its worth it....

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:21pm On May 18, 2020
Gucciboy1:
Are you planning to build a house and don’t have much to spend on a plan?
Reach out to me, I’ll draw out a plan for you with your specifications given at a very affordable price.
PS: Drawing will only Include Floor plan and Elevations.

what about giving it for FREE? wink wink wink wink - Share a plan you've done, i want to see something... lol pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2020
femidbuilder:
Should you install door and window subframes before plastering?

what are the pro's and con's.

If you are not ready to but windows and doors is it possible to just get frames first?

YES....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2020
Muyi002:
Dear Great Minds,
Please can someone educate me on the importance of stone dust in the plastering of building.

Stone dust and plastering have no relationship - except I dont understand the question..

HI, How're you doing?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 3:50pm On May 18, 2020
peaceland:

Thanks greatly.
what nature of house u are planing to paint
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 4:23pm On May 18, 2020
saydfact:

Stone dust and plastering have no relationship - except I dont understand the question..

HI, How're you doing?
pls can too much cement in a mix cause plaster cracks. what is the best mix ratio for plastering, and steps to be taken to avoid plaster cracks. I recent plastered a house with a mix ratio of 1bag of cement to 2.5 wheel Barrow of sand and there were plaster cracks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 18, 2020
saydfact:

HI, How're you doing?

In some part of Nigeria, for example in Abuja, it is used to mix the plaster sand because of too much mud in order to avoid cracks .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 5:59pm On May 18, 2020
Please who has idea how much (in tonnes) laterite for filling is been sold for in ibadan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 5:59pm On May 18, 2020
saydfact:

HI, How're you doing?

My Boss, I am Fine o. Thanks for the response.
I am currently at the stage of plastering my parapet before dealing roofing and my bricklayer kept saying i should buy stone dust that it is good for plastering added to the conventional plastering sand. Also my neighbor who has completed his building says he also used stone dust for plastering as well. so it got me confused and wanted to know what importance it adds to the building.

Please, i need good advise as i dont want to regret not doing anything that is considered good for this project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:01pm On May 18, 2020
Muyi002:
Hello People,

Please see the attached picture. It is the inside of a room. Please what could be the cause of this? It is my rented apartment so I want to avoid it in my building

Please someone should help me here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:11pm On May 18, 2020
@saydfact stonedust is use to plaster, the period the Lagos & Ogun state government stop the mining of plaster sand people move to Stonedust & laterite mix wt sharp sand. and the get good result. Construction require the materials you can source close to you. in some part of east periwinkle & palmcanal shell is used as aggregate for concrete.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:26pm On May 18, 2020
GRANITE:

Granite Price: N2500/ton
Transportation: Call
Qty: 30tons

Call:08055545355,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jummymine(f): 11:02pm On May 18, 2020
Hello,van anyone recommend a reliable electrical appliances seller here for me?I need wall brackets for my house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:27pm On May 18, 2020
Jummymine:
Hello,van anyone recommend a reliable electrical appliances seller here for me?I need wall brackets for my house.

I have some led wall bracket you can get in touch maybe you will like them 08051355133
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 11:47pm On May 18, 2020
Hi Everyone.
Please my Electrician gave me this quotation for a 3 bedrooms house just for wires oo. Kindly recommend better wire products to go for.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:03am On May 19, 2020
LastWeek1:
Hi Everyone.
Please my Electrician gave me this quotation for a 3 bedrooms house just for wires oo. Kindly recommend better wire products to go for.
ha quantity too much...

Do you have a drawing or picture of the building ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 12:33am On May 19, 2020
twinskenny:
ha quantity too much...

Do you have a drawing or picture of the building ?

I will add more details later in the afternoon but here is what he suppose to do.

The house is 3 bedrooms all ensuite, 1 parlor with a small bar section, 1 study room,1 store, Laundry room, kitchen, Gateman's house(1 bedroom self contain ) {All are POP}
and
all the fence light[Entrance fence both inside and outside][both side fence and inside the back fence (1 plot of land)

My mind is telling me that the quantities are too much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:47am On May 19, 2020
saydfact:

YES....
@saydfact
That your Whatsapp number no fit locate after search o.
Send your good number... for some gist. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AyeMaDaFunMi: 2:43am On May 19, 2020
Mgbadike80:
please, between roofing a two story student hostel with longspan aluminum roofing sheets and decking it, which would be more costly? would the difference in cost be much? thanks.

Another option is a hidden roof using longspan aluminum at a slight slope. It gives the appearance of a decked roof, but is durable because of the longspan aluminum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mythy70(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.