Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4447811 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 4:44am On May 19, 2020
Good Morning all. Please i have 2 queations; 1) i roofed my house (4 bedroom duplex) i want to install windows and doors now as thier price is hacking. later i will do the plastering but the engineer surpervising the project insisted that i must plaster the whole house before installation of doors and windows. please what are pron and cons of my idea aprt from dirtying the windows and doors with cement?
2) In case of American panel door, can we install the frame only and later we mount the door or must we install it togather? thank you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gucciboy1(m): 5:01am On May 19, 2020
saydfact:

what about giving it for FREE? wink wink wink wink - Share a plan you've done, i want to see something... lol pls

Giving it for free?
I can’t just give out my plan for free.
I took my time to draw it and you say this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:02am On May 19, 2020
Nbg4real:
Good Morning all. Please i have 2 queations; 1) i roofed my house (4 bedroom duplex) i want to install windows and doors now as thier price is hacking. later i will do the plastering but the engineer surpervising the project insisted that i must plaster the whole house before installation of doors and windows. please what are pron and cons of my idea aprt from dirtying the windows and doors with cement?
2) In case of American panel door, can we install the frame only and later we mount the door or must we install it togather? thank you all.
follow your engineer idea you can get the door and pack it then after plastering you can fix it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 5:12am On May 19, 2020
Hello People,

Please see the attached picture. It is the inside of a room. Please what could be the cause of this? It is my rented apartment so I want to avoid it in my building

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 6:08am On May 19, 2020
[quote author=DFAMEGUY11S post=89706518] follow your engineer idea you can get the door and pack it then after plastering you can fix it [thank you Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:56am On May 19, 2020
Gucciboy1:

Giving it for free?
I can’t just give out my plan for free.
I took my time to draw it and you say this.

I added LOL pls at the end....

I understand if you cant do for free - no disrespect

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:57am On May 19, 2020
mufutau55:

@saydfact
That your Whatsapp number no fit locate after search o.
Send your good number... for some gist. smiley

Hajji M.

090 - this is on whatsapp only for now, my kids decided to spoil my phone during lockdown

for my personal line - send a whatsapp to above, i'll send it to you (as our boss)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:59am On May 19, 2020
Chekitaut:
@saydfact stonedust is use to plaster, the period the Lagos & Ogun state government stop the mining of plaster sand people move to Stonedust & laterite mix wt sharp sand. and the get good result. Construction require the materials you can source close to you. in some part of east periwinkle & palmcanal shell is used as aggregate for concrete.

Thanks for the info, I know about sharp sand (not very sharp ones) being used in Ikoyi, Lekki axis - now i know about stonedust..... surprising thou..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:03am On May 19, 2020
Muyi002:

My Boss, I am Fine o. Thanks for the response.
I am currently at the stage of plastering my parapet before dealing roofing and my bricklayer kept saying i should buy stone dust that it is good for plastering added to the conventional plastering sand. Also my neighbor who has completed his building says he also used stone dust for plastering as well. so it got me confused and wanted to know what importance it adds to the building.

Please, i need good advise as i dont want to regret not doing anything that is considered good for this project.

@ Chekitaut and @ segzy14 - just confirmed its been used.... and since your neighbour has tried it, why not? stone dust is cheaper than sharp sand so I dont think cost would be too high to try...

Goodluck boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2020
fabulous85:
pls can too much cement in a mix cause plaster cracks. what is the best mix ratio for plastering, and steps to be taken to avoid plaster cracks. I recent plastered a house with a mix ratio of 1bag of cement to 2.5 wheel Barrow of sand and there were plaster cracks.

Your mix ratio is 1:5 and its OK......

the cracks could be as a result of impurities in the sand - OR the workmen not allowing it dry a bit before rubbing it......

for better result, you can 'filter' the sand, so dirt are removed...

mixing ratio includes:
1:3, 1:4, 1:5 or 1:6 - 1:8

I suspect your cracks is workmen error
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gucciboy1(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2020
saydfact:

I added LOL pls at the end....

I understand if you cant do for free - no disrespect

It’s fine. Do you really need a plan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2020
Gucciboy1:

It’s fine. Do you really need a plan?

NO... thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:22am On May 19, 2020
Good morning
We transform just anything.
We Design it and Build it with so much accuracy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 7:26am On May 19, 2020
Muyi002:
Hi Good people,

Please Can stone dust mixed with the plastering said date be used in the plastering stage. If so please what is the advantage.

Kindly assist

stone dust can't be used for plastering.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2020
your KITCHEN is not too small to look beautiful. we give you best closet and kitchen ideas.....call/wasap 08063073913........

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2020
@mufutau55 @lawyer please how can i deal with someone here on nairaland @Auxtin85

For tagging me as scammer!

This guy chat me up this morning am a liitle bit weak due to malaria so i didnt respond asap
Next thing he said "oga you are not serious"

Read the chat below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 9:09am On May 19, 2020
So he went to my thread and tag me as scammer

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Auxtin85(m): 9:17am On May 19, 2020
money121:
@mufutau55 @lawyer please how can i deal with someone here on nairaland @Auxtin85

This guy chat me up this morning am a liitle bit weak due to malaria so i didnt respond asap

Read the chat below

Since your brain nor tell you say some of us dey do legit job and we nor need dey house dey sleep like you. I called this slowpoke to come online only for you to take like forever to come online. Lazy thing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 9:22am On May 19, 2020
Auxtin85:

Since your brain nor tell you say some of us dey do legit job and we nor need dey house dey sleep like you. I called this slowpoke to come online only for you to take like forever to come online. Lazy thing

You are in pain tongue tongue

So 2mins delay is forever grin grin boy get life and Don't be rude
I can see why Sarz harrasing you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2020
Auxtin85:

Mumu, “you are not serious” nor be insult you came back with insults.

Monkey

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2020
money121:

Read the chat below

Next time, don't trade insults or abuses with anyone in public or online. No one will notice the difference! He got pissed. You got pissed. It's not late for you both to put away pride and talk as responsible adults and clients. Prospective clients/friends might be monitoring this situation between you two. Worst still, unfortunately, it's gone public!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2020
valencia2012:

Next time, don't trade insults or abuses with anyone in public or online. No one will notice the difference! He got pissed. You got pissed. It's not late for you both to put away pride and talk as responsible adults and clients. Prospective clients/friends might be monitoring this situation between you two. Worst still, unfortunately, it's gone public!

Thanks bro! But with my respond did i sound Rude to him?
2mins is not too late to respond and login on whatsapp immediately he called me to check my whatsapp msg..
Next thing he tag me as scammer as if he paid me and i didnt deliver his goods...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Auxtin85(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2020
valencia2012:

I went to him with a sincere intention, I was rushing out and I needed to quickly talk to him, I had to call him to get his attention only for him to respond after 10 minutes with insults.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Auxtin85(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2020
adesegun121:

Thanks bro! But with my respond did i sound Rude to him?
2mins is not too late to respond and login on whatsapp immediately he called me to check my whatsapp msg..
Next thing he tag me as scammer as if he paid me and i didnt deliver his goods...

Shut up bro, I tagged you a scammer after you started spewing trash. No true business man will burst because of just a conversation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2020
Auxtin85:

I went to him with a sincere intention, I was rushing out and I needed to quickly talk to him, I had to call him to get his attention only for him to respond after 10 minutes with insults.

8:26 Am to 8:28 Am is 10mins grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2020
Auxtin85:

Shut up bro, I talked you a scammer after you started spewing trash. No true business man will burst because of just a conversation

You are in Pain tongue tongue tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Auxtin85(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2020
adesegun121:

8:26 Am to 8:28 Am is 10mins grin grin

Oga check from when I called you, if Na you get business you nor go insult prospective customers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Auxtin85(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2020
adesegun121:

You are in Pain tongue tongue tongue

That pain will kill you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:15am On May 19, 2020
Nbg4real:
You can install the door with immediate plastering to avoid stealing, you can also keep the door untill plastering is completed... whichever way protect ur hard earning money.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:19am On May 19, 2020
Good morning all my boss in the house !

(1) (2) (3) ... (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bankyshinani(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.