Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4415176 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:39am On May 25, 2020
QSFemi:
Location?
Abeokuta, Ogun State
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 1:47am On May 25, 2020
temi4fash:

How does this work??

And is this legit??

Egungun be kiaful, dont enter Express make Motor nor jam you.

Read reviews about any supplier here before you commit your funds.
I am not saying anybody should not be trusted, just do your due dilligence. undecided undecided

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:12am On May 25, 2020
Dennis3D:

Am actually just seeing this.
Well, it would be very immature for me to come down to you level for argument.

Gerrout hea, which day did you start posting in this property section, that you are talkning of levels?
Come and collect 50% of project budget naah, it is your money. grin
When we started this thread way back then, we know the few of us who are still here.
Many have finished two, three projects and moved on because the place is now infested with crooks, swindlers and hustlers like you.
Just look at the way you hustlers inundate the thread with adverts, in our days, you dare not. Go and ask the legends here.

Yes, l pop-in here once in awhile to see the stocatto of hustlers like you, pretending to be Professionals.
Go to your first post on this thread and read the naive, silly questions you were asking, now you are forming levels, right? shocked
Dont even get me started, abeg.
Only if you know.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:50am On May 25, 2020
One4me:

Gerrout hea, which day did you start posting in this property section, that you are talkning of levels?
Come and collect 50% of project budget naah, it is your money. grin
When we started this thread way back then, we know the few of us who are still here.
Many have finished two, three projects and moved on because the place is now infested with crooks, swindlers and hustlers like you.
Just look at the way you hustlers inundate the thread with adverts, in our days, you dare not. Go and ask the legends here.

Yes, l pop-in here once in awhile to see the stocatto of hustlers like you, pretending to be Professionals.
Go to your first post on this thread and read the naive, silly questions you were asking, now you are forming levels, right? shocked
Dont even get me started, abeg.
Only if you know.

Like I said, I don't really care about who you are and what you have. It's none of my business. It's simply childish to argue with you. Bragging is not in me. Am good with the clients I have and am quite sure they are far better than you. Deal with that.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2020
Opportunity meets preparedness: He is too good.
I met this guy off nairaland through a friend who recommended him after he saw how my duplex walls were messed up during construction. The walls were not straight making me spend more in plastering without getting the required result. And the plans were altered without my approval. That's the disadavnatage of not being available at site during the day. As an engineer (not civil), nothing can be as hurting as this.

This new guy blew me away with impeccable quality of supervision work. His workers are too good. The walls are so straight. The drawing were followed to the letter - with Pin-point accurate dimensions. Initially, I thought the guy is a lay-man but on further enquiry I discovered that he's a UNN trained civil engineer (without coren).

It made me wonder: how can someone with such immense skillset and collection of cheap and good artisans be without any marketing strategy? No picture of previous work done except taking you to people's houses he has buiit.

I have a dream for this guy. I want to setup a construction company with him. I know he can compete and win the best here. He may not have the resources to be at the top, but I am an optimist; I believe I can infect him with positive energy and help him excel. If I can realised this dream, I'll be 10% fulfilled that I've taken one man out of poverty.

But first, how do I get him to be a registered engineer in the shortest possible time?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:43am On May 25, 2020
1. call me right from foundation level to get your pegs and 1 * 12 for linteds etc

2. call me for your 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4 ,1x12 and all sizes for your house roofing

3. get your hardwood ,semi hard,white woods at cheaper cost.

4.get wood/planks for your furnishing and carpentry works etc

5.get all sizes of woods from me such as 1x12, 2 x12, 2x6, 3x8,1x6 short length and full length etc at low cost and quality woods

6. call me for all types of wooden doors and all sorts of doors both local and Intl.

we supply companies, sites,estates hotels,schools, public and private buildings, govt, etc. across Nigeria.

call or WhatsApp Daniel on 09083680717

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by deff2: 10:46am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=mank1234 post=89934591]Opportunity meets preparedness: He is too good.
I met this guy off nairaland through a friend who recommended him after he saw how my duplex walls were messed up during construction. The walls were not straight making me spend more in plastering without getting the required result. And the plans were altered without my approval. That's the disadavnatage of not being available at site during the day. As an engineer (not civil), nothing can be as hurting as this.

This new guy blew me away with impeccable quality of supervision work. His workers are too good. The walls are so straight. The drawing were followed to the letter - with Pin-point accurate dimensions. Initially, I thought the guy is a lay-man but on further enquiry I discovered that he's a UNN trained civil engineer (without coren).

It made me wonder: how can someone with such immense skillset and collection of cheap and good artisans be without any marketing strategy? No picture of previous work done except taking you to people's houses he has buiit.

I have a dream for this guy. I want to setup a construction company with him. I know he can compete and win the best here. He may not have the resources to be at the top, but I am an optimist; I believe I can infect him with positive energy and help him excel. If I can realised this dream, I'll be 10% fulfilled that I've taken one man out of poverty.

But first, how do I get him to be a registered engineer in the shortest possible time? [/quote if he reside in enugu, please share me his contact ]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamOmashola: 11:41am On May 25, 2020
Dennis3D:

You mean one bedroom flat or self contain apartments? Just for clarity sake. Depending on the shape of the land. If is rectangular, 5 May sit on a plot of 60/120fit

Yes, I meant one bedroom flat. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2020
Boyhood:

While one bedroom flat as the name implies, has a bedroom, sitting room then toilet and kitchen and in some cases dinning area but a self contained also refer to as single room self-con is just A room with it's toilet and kitchen.

True that, but in the trade both terms are often so used interchangeably that it is important to make a clear distinction to avoid confusion.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2020
IamOmashola:

Yes, I meant one bedroom flat. Thanks

4 - 6 Units Max in a Plot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2020
Dennis3D:

4 - 6 Units Max in a Plot.

If I'm the poster, this is what I will now do before commissioning an architect. I will crunch the numbers.

So for example, in my location a one bedroom goes for N20,000 per month and two bedrooms flat goes for N30,000.

Option 1
Now 20k X 6 units = 120k per month in total for one bedroom units.

What if I mix things up with the same budget and land? What will be the outcome?

Option 2
20k (1 bed) X 4 units = 80k per month.
30k (2 bed) X 2 units = 60k per month.

So mix-mode will yield 140k per month in total.

From above, Option 2 will yield 20k more per month. This is an extra one bedroom flat income. So effectively, you have 6 mix units producing 7 units income.

Now can the architect be more creative and product a mix mode of 6 units with the same arrangement?

For me this is what I will do.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2020
diordaves:

If I'm the poster, this is what I will now do before commissioning an architect. I will crunch the numbers.

So for example, in my location a one bedroom goes for N20,000 per month and two bedrooms flat goes for N30,000.

Option 1

What if I mix things up with the same budget and land? What will be the outcome?

Option 2

From above, Option 2 will yield 20k more per month. This is an extra one bedroom flat income. So effectively, you have 6 mix units producing 7 units income.

Now can the architect be more creative and product a mix mode of 6 units with the same arrangement?

Your points are valid though.
But here are a few things to note.

The size and shape of the land had a role to play in the number of unit and approach to follow that's why we usually request for survey plan from a client for further analysis and advise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2020
temi4fash:

Boss,

What do mean by maintenance??

Can the decking not stay for about 2 years without any issue?

Maintenance of the WATER PROOFING - irrespective of what type is used, occasionally. its going to need maintenance and re-laying etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2020
IamOmashola:
Saydfact, Dennis3D and other builders/architect in the house. What's the maximum number of 1bedroom apartments (bungalow) that can sit on a plot of land with parking space for three vehicles?

Maximum is 6 x 2 = 12 of 1 room self contain (hostel standard)... offcourse you have a space to park about 4 cars left and for services (eg tank, drying line etc)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4newguy: 5:08pm On May 25, 2020
Good day. Asking for a close relative

How much would it cost to build a 4unit 3 bedroom (1 storey) flat.
Basically an average looking house

Location: Either Asaba or Benin (I'm try to convince him to build in Benin City as it might be cheaper for him than delta)
Your input will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaba0803(m): 5:15pm On May 25, 2020
Sienna bus available for logistic in Lagos and ogun state.... contact me if interested....08118888592.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamOmashola: 5:31pm On May 25, 2020
diordaves:

Option 1

Option 2

Interesting perspective. The house I currently live has 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom flats in the same compound and from what I've observed, tenants in the two bedroom flats have the most rent issues with the landlord.

Now that I plan to build mine for rent, I'm strictly considering 1 bedroom apartments only. My guess is, its going to be less of a headache when its time to collect rent.

Thanks to Dennis3D and saydfact(I actually meant 1 bedroom flats) for your responses. Once the survey plan is out, you guys have a client already.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2020
IamOmashola:

Interesting perspective. The house I currently live has 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom flats in the same compound and from what I've observed, tenants in the two bedroom flats have the most rent issues with the landlord.

Now that I plan to build mine for rent, I'm strictly considering 1 bedroom apartments only. My guess is, its going to be less of a headache when its time to collect rent.

Thanks to Dennis3D and saydfact(I actually meant 1 bedroom flats) for your responses. Once the survey plan is out, you guys have a client already.

Stick to your one bed flat idea for rent as the case may be at this time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2020
As a professional that's conversant with the cost of materials and labour in Benin City, Edo State, I will advise you budget 25m to 35m.

4newguy:
Good day. Asking for a close relative

How much would it cost to build a 4unit 3 bedroom (1 storey) flat.
Basically an average looking house

Location: Either Asaba or Benin (I'm try to convince him to build in Benin City as it might be cheaper for him than delta)
Your input will be highly appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cooljuman: 8:19pm On May 25, 2020
Please Nlanders, I need someone to supply 30 tones of Chippings for me in portharcourt, if you are a supplier, please state your best best price here and drop your contract so we can talk. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:27pm On May 25, 2020
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Akure Ondo State
Roof Design : Milano Design
Colour:Black
Roof meters: =355Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:47am On May 26, 2020
mountmoriah:
1. call me right from foundation level to get your pegs and 1 * 12 for linteds etc

2. call me for your 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4 ,1x12 and all sizes for your house roofing

3. get your hardwood ,semi hard,white woods at cheaper cost.

4.get wood/planks for your furnishing and carpentry works etc

5.get all sizes of woods from me such as 1x12, 2 x12, 2x6, 3x8,1x6 short length and full length etc at low cost and quality woods

6. call me for all types of wooden doors and all sorts of doors both local and Intl.

we supply companies, sites,estates hotels,schools, public and private buildings, govt, etc. across Nigeria.

call or WhatsApp Daniel on 09083680717

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oodua25: 2:38am On May 26, 2020
Hello,
Can anyone please look at the attached vehicle and advise - is this a 20 tonne or 10 tonne truck of laterite??

Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:50am On May 26, 2020
Oodua25:
Hello,
Can anyone please look at the attached vehicle and adbyvise - is this a 20 tonne or 10 tonne truck of laterite??
Thanks.

Looks like a 20 tonnes if fully loaded.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:53am On May 26, 2020
Oodua25:
Hello,
Can anyone please look at the attached vehicle and advise - is this a 20 tonne or 10 tonne truck of laterite??

Thanks.

It's 20 Tons Truck.
30 Tons is much more bigger.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:07am On May 26, 2020
Oodua25:
Hello,

Thanks.
Is a 20tons truck but load may be 10-15tons that truck can't carry a 20tons payload small bucket.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:59am On May 26, 2020
Oak Group is at your service for your Architectural Designs and Building constructional works.
We design, we build.
08108408732 call/whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2020
Wishes to the man of honor!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by reehhomes: 1:30pm On May 26, 2020
In need of massive ⬆️ boost to your business??
Grow and scale your earning and business with few tools, tips and tricks and strategies(hack) that no one tells you
*Tools:*
♦️ Graphic designing and text arrangement
♦️ Media marketing!
*Tips and Tricks*
� Business orientation strategies
� How to start sourcing for dollars (there is this feeling u get when u are paid in dollars)
*Hack*
_How you can convert $ 0.00 to $ 100 within 10 working days!_ (Zero amount)
FEE (this is the part I like ): $ 0.00 (free)
Interested in this journey ??

contact 09029741400

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by reehhomes: 1:31pm On May 26, 2020
Grow and scale your earning and business with few tools, tips and tricks and strategies(hack) that no one tells you
♦️ Media marketing!
*Tips and Tricks*
� How to start sourcing for dollars (there is this feeling u get when u are paid in dollars)
*Hack*
Interested in this journey ??

Contact 09029741400
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by reehhomes: 1:36pm On May 26, 2020
♦️ Media marketing!
*Tips and Tricks*
*Hack*
Interested in this journey?

Contact 09029741400

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 3:57pm On May 26, 2020
diordaves:

What is the difference between one bedroom flat and self contain apartment?

Get the right architect and will get 8 one bedroom flat on a plot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.