Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4444247 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
topsy23:

the analysis above shows that 1.5mm green is going to be use as earth cable for the 2.5mm. you can see that the number of red and black of 2.5mm is the same with 1.5mm. Same as 4mm and 2.5mm green

Oga Topsy23,

I don't understand your talk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Thanks am actually going for wooden door, frame already installed.

Goodmorning,

depends on your budget and you choice of finishings.

flush door....framed wood covered with thin layer of either plywood or MDF board.

skin door... it is best to frame the skin door with treated wood (parkingcase)

panel door.... the panel door has varieties and will require spraying for proper natural finishing

HDF door: this is about 3 layers of board bonded together to form the door....

NOTE: wooden doors are stronger and more expensive than foreign doors [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Contact me for barb wire, razor wire or electric fence-wire.
Check my signature for contact
Gokoyer1401:
Quote me if you are into windows, doors, buglaries, and etc. Even if you are into barb wires, let me know

The location is in Ibadan. The best men get the job base on quality and price ofcourse

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
igboitalo:
then can u give me a better estimate

Location and design will determine the estimate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igboitalo: 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
segzy14:

Location and design will determine the estimate.
location owerri ,design your normal standard 4 flats, dry level land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abolarin91:
You will need 1062 blocks for that 100 by 100ft fence...

100ft is approx 30m. The quantity you quoted will only do probably 4coach.

Total length divide by length of a block (450mm) will give approximate figure. Without calculating, I think 2,000 to 3,000 is what will deliver the job
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Yes, he requested for 4 coach[Qquote author=mank1234 post=90710870]

100ft is approx 30m. The quantity you quoted will only do probably 4coach.

Total length divide by length of a block (450mm) will give approximate figure. Without calculating, I think 2,000 to 3,000 is what will deliver the job[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abolarin91:
Yes, he requested for 4 coach

Yeah. Seen. I missed that part of his post.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 11:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=lukkens post=90710008]Thanks am actually going for wooden door, frame already installed.

Good luck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abdomox:
Please any certified LG Inverter AC installer in Ibadan. Kindly signify.
Thanks.

My guy has recently installed over 40 for me and my friends.
Mine personally was 15 units, but he is Lagos.
I know he can go to Ibadan. PM if you want his info.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bx1: 1:20am On Jun 16, 2020
3 plot of Land For Sale Near Crawford University Where You Can Build Hostel After Lusada, Atan, Ota, Ogun State which is 15 minutes’ drive from Winners Chapel, Canaan Land, Ota.

Receipt Of Payment And Global Survey Available
Price 3m negotiable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seproperties(m): 1:22am On Jun 16, 2020
Genuine Properties in Manila Ibooro via ATAN,OTA. 1 Plot 400k ,Half plot 200k ,1 Acre 1.5 million .Check my Signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:38am On Jun 16, 2020
Hello people,

We all see different types of finish for plastering jobs. some very smooth looking close to a semi-screeded wall, others not so good. there's also major differences in the final color after the job.

My question is what is the single most important factor to get that light color finish that leaves it looking just like a a pure wet cement? Is it the plaster sand, cement type/brand, workman competency/proficiency, a combination or something else completely?

I'm asking for an upcoming job which is very important but no plans to paint for a while since the location isn't quite ready for occupancy, so it will be left for a while post-plastering. It is my opinion that I wouldn't be so particular if I planned to screed and and paint immediately cos those easily cover up a lot of poor plastering jobs.

I'll like to have a very nice external plastering finish while we leave the building standing for a long time.

Looking forward to read your thoughts on this one... Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 7:26am On Jun 16, 2020
mufutau55:

My guy has recently installed over 40 for me and my friends.
Mine personally was 15 units, but he is Lagos.
I know he can go to Ibadan. PM if you want his info.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

Many thanks Hajji. I'm installing just 2 units, that's why I requested someone in Ibadan. God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adek15(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2020
Hello, I am a graduate civil engineer. Please I am looking for a civil/structural engineer to be my mentor. I'd like to learn civil design works especially steel design. I need someone staying in Lagos state (specifically Ajah and environs) or a civil design firm that does construction works too in that area. Please you can reach me on 0.7.0.6.5.8.4.9.0.3.1
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2020
Muyi002:

Oga Topsy23,

I don't understand your talk

1.5mm single core for lighting
Red colour is Live
Black Colour is Neutral
Green is for the earth cable.(Most of light fittings don't normally come with earth terminal, reason for neglecting earth cable for the lighting circuit).

2.5mm single core cable is for the socket outlet(both single and double). At times it can also be use for water heater if the litres is not more than 20litres.
Red colour is Live
Black Colour is Neutral
Green is for the earth cable
Note: Earth cable is very important in the installation of socket, AC, Water heater, cooker unit etc......

-It keeps people safe by preventing electric shocks
-It prevents damage to electrical appliances and devices by preventing excessive current from running through the circuit
-It prevents the risk of fire that could otherwise be caused by current leakage
-Earth can also serves as neutral if the Neutral fail
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ibebnb: 9:17am On Jun 16, 2020
Pls o my fellow nigerians I need help I don't know how my fate will look like by tomorrow as I don't have any money to survive on tomorrow pls I plead on any kind hearted nigerian to come to my aid by helping me with any amount so I can atleast eat and live so as not to commit suicide cos since the past 3 months I have been finding life very difficult my work stopped pls my account number is 0032949821 access bank help save a soul today brothers and sisters �� my phone number is 08075697971 call me if u have any job contact for me I also do building designs as an architect am a graduate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Abdomox:

Many thanks Hajji. I'm installing just 2 units, that's why I requested someone in Ibadan. God bless.

Oh. Ok. Understood.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2020
megacontrol:
Hello people,

We all see different types of finish for plastering jobs. some very smooth looking close to a semi-screeded wall, others not so good. there's also major differences in the final color after the job.

My question is what is the single most important factor to get that light color finish that leaves it looking just like a a pure wet cement? Is it the plaster sand, cement type/brand, workman competency/proficiency, a combination or something else completely?

I'm asking for an upcoming job which is very important but no plans to paint for a while since the location isn't quite ready for occupancy, so it will be left for a while post-plastering. It is my opinion that I wouldn't be so particular if I planned to screed and and paint immediately cos those easily cover up a lot of poor plastering jobs.

I'll like to have a very nice external plastering finish while we leave the building standing for a long time.

Looking forward to read your thoughts on this one... Thanks

Two thing contributed to the final finishing of the plastering/rendering.

1. Level of workmanship
2. Nature of material ( sand)

1. To get well smooth surface level of workmanship determines this in most cases.

2. Nature of the sand used will determine the final look of the plaster when dry up, some plaster sand are yellowish in nature and no mater what you do the final look will still look yellowish.
Some plaster sand also are grey in nature this will looks like cement colour after it drys up even in wet form you will notice it.

Here are few pics of what I did in the past and presently

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2020
lukkens:
Good day,
Please I need advice on internal wooden door installation.
Strong and lasting type of wood to buy?

Thanks

Well if you are to go for foreign wooden door
I sujest u go for turkey hard wood core

Contact me if you will
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
rotecch77:

1. Level of workmanship

1. To get well smooth surface level of workmanship determines this in most cases.

2. Nature of the sand used will determine the final look of the plaster when dry up, some plaster sand are yellowish in nature and no mater what you do the final look will still look yellowish.
Some plaster sand also are grey in nature this will looks like cement colour after it drys up even in wet form you will notice it.

Mehn, I wished I had seen you earlier. The work looks neat. Far neater than mine

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sparks026(m): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
Sparks026:
Dear experts,
Please I need your advise for a rough estimate/quote of how much labour it will cost to plaster and render the exterior of this building including the small BQ by the left side.

The main building is a 2 deck 6 units 3bed flats. While the BQ is a room and palour self contain.

Only the exterior including the under decks of the balconies. The estimate number of bags of cements will be appreciated also.
Thank you

@https://www.nairaland.com/rotecch77 kindly can you help?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Focusmind:

Mehn, I wished I had seen you earlier. The work looks neat. Far neater than mine

Thanks bro, I believed another work will still come that I will handle for you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
Focusmind:

That shows you that we have many professional people here on NL. Just do your delligience.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
Sparks026:

@https://www.nairaland.com/rotecch77 kindly can you help?

Reach me on 08066619493
Call and whatzap
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
mufutau55:

That shows you that we have many professional people here on NL. Just do your delligience.

Hajji M.

Yes o Hajji, you are right sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Osagiesamuel02(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
How durable is the steptiles Aluminium sheets compared to metcopo. Someone please enlighten me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
Osagiesamuel02:
How durable is the steptiles Aluminium sheets compared to metcopo. Someone please enlighten me

the durability is the same as long as the thickness are the same. the only difference is the Asthetics!

same COIL are corrugated into different design.......
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

I tell you bro - I just finished reading the guys posts - He is good. There are a lot of good guys here and some CONEMEN as well parading as pastors and builders, but I would soon expose one of them when I am done with our underground investigation with my SARS friend.

A popular nairaland in the property section is on the run with my money without delivering his own part of the deal as he has gone under.

I will brief the house in details on this later.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
rotecch77:

1. Level of workmanship

Amazing......if this is your handwork.
Smooth and glossy. One would think it's a grey coloured glass!
Edges are sharp and lines well taken care of!
Kindly send me your contacts here. Let's keep in touch.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
valencia2012:

Amazing......if this is your handwork.
Smooth and glossy. One would think it's a grey coloured glass!
Edges are sharp and lines well taken care of!
Kindly send me your contacts here. Let's keep in touch.

Few of our thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5113925/finishing-osun-state-edifice-rotech77

https://www.nairaland.com/3851900/general-finishings-5bdrs-luxury-duplex

Yes it my work sir,
Thanks so much for your comment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Focusmind:

I tell you bro - I just finished reading the guys posts - He is good. There are a lot of good guys here and some CONEMEN as well parading as pastors and builders, but I would soon expose one of them when I am done with our underground investigation with my SARS friend.

A popular nairaland in the property section is on the run with my money without delivering his own part of the deal as he has gone under.

I will brief the house in details on this later.
Thanks so much for checking our thread.

But the issue of the said contractor is serious oo why.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: habeeb246(m), HossanaHeights, Aduragbemi45(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.