Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,067 members, 7,835,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443006 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
Oh my God! shocked
Focusmind:

I tell you bro - I just finished reading the guys posts - He is good. There are a lot of good guys here and some CONEMEN as well parading as pastors and builders, but I would soon expose one of them when I am done with our underground investigation with my SARS friend.

A popular nairaland in the property section is on the run with my money without delivering his own part of the deal as he has gone under.

I will brief the house in details on this later.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woodsbeatrice30: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
rotecch77:

Two thing contributed to the final finishing of the plastering/rendering.

1. Level of workmanship
2. Nature of material ( sand)

1. To get well smooth surface level of workmanship determines this in most cases.

2. Nature of the sand used will determine the final look of the plaster when dry up, some plaster sand are yellowish in nature and no mater what you do the final look will still look yellowish.
Some plaster sand also are grey in nature this will looks like cement colour after it drys up even in wet form you will notice it.

Here are few pics of what I did in the past and presently

Hello,I want to do the wall screeding of my apartment..Just the living room.I was however told by the guy to do it that he will be doing a black screending and not a white one.I do not understand as I was told it should be White..Wall plastering should start this week and would love to know before the plastering is done with . Please enlighten me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
topsy23:

1.5mm single core for lighting
Red colour is Live
Black Colour is Neutral
Green is for the earth cable.(Most of light fittings don't normally come with earth terminal, reason for neglecting earth cable for the lighting circuit).

2.5mm single core cable is for the socket outlet(both single and double). At times it can also be use for water heater if the litres is not more than 20litres.
Red colour is Live
Black Colour is Neutral
Green is for the earth cable
Note: Earth cable is very important in the installation of socket, AC, Water heater, cooker unit etc......

-It keeps people safe by preventing electric shocks
-It prevents damage to electrical appliances and devices by preventing excessive current from running through the circuit
-It prevents the risk of fire that could otherwise be caused by current leakage
-Earth can also serves as neutral if the Neutral fail

Thank you very much for this breakdown
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
woodsbeatrice30:

Hello,I want to do the wall screeding of my apartment..Just the living room.I was however told by the guy to do it that he will be doing a black screending and not a white one.I do not understand as I was told it should be White..Wall plastering should start this week and would love to know before the plastering is done with . Please enlighten me

Black screeding ( normal opc cement) is for external work while the white pop cement is for internal work

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
igboitalo:
Hello everyone am new to this property section and going through the pages am impressed by the contribution i hv seen here, my question is this is 10m naira enough to build 4 flats of 2 bedroom apartment all ensuite with visitors wc

Well, sorry it can't do that to standard
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
rotecch77:

Black screeding ( normal opc cement) is for external work while the white pop cement is for internal work

Correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Focusmind:

I tell you bro - I just finished reading the guys posts - He is good. There are a lot of good guys here and some CONEMEN as well parading as pastors and builders, but I would soon expose one of them when I am done with our underground investigation with my SARS friend.

A popular nairaland in the property section is on the run with my money without delivering his own part of the deal as he has gone under.

Damn! That is a real bad contractor and you should deal with him squarely. I hate those who like to mess-up others.
That will be very good if the Con-man is exposed.
We will love to see this, so that others will not fall into his trap. Please keep us posted.

Hajji M.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good evening all my boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woodsbeatrice30: 11:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
rotecch77:

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seglad2(m): 1:47am On Jun 17, 2020
There are these Turkish made panel door, they superb. And more more durable If u get the original.

lukkens:
Good day,
Please I need advice on internal wooden door installation.
Strong and lasting type of wood to buy?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seglad2(m): 1:51am On Jun 17, 2020
Send me the roof plan. If it have measurement or send the dimensions and a picture of the building and pick a height you want. Eg 12ft, 15ft....etc

Send to 080 6619 1741

deybhor:
Please I am new here.

I want to ask how much can roof a building of 34ft by 27ft.

I think I did the conversion to 90m²(not sure I got it right)

I intend to use Longspan aluminum

And the roof plan is simple.

Please help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 3:46am On Jun 17, 2020
Thanks for your response.
And yes, this work you posted is done well and that's the kind of finish we will be hoping for.

Concerning materials, on our side we will try to source your recommended type/nature of sand, even if it means going out of the way and/or paying a premium. Infact, we have received two different batches of plaster sand for trials to compare the results.

So that brings us to the next question...since you mentioned that workmanship is the other key factor,do you still have the same set of guys in your team or on call-out? How consistent can this be achieved? Being a past job,how certain we can get same in future (job is about one month away)?

This is a very good job, and if we can have anything close to this we will be happy. You'll sure be getting a follow up.

rotecch77:

1. Level of workmanship

1. To get well smooth surface level of workmanship determines this in most cases.

2. Nature of the sand used will determine the final look of the plaster when dry up, some plaster sand are yellowish in nature and no mater what you do the final look will still look yellowish.
Some plaster sand also are grey in nature this will looks like cement colour after it drys up even in wet form you will notice it.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:51am On Jun 17, 2020
Hello, please how did you get around this?
Did you finally use someone from here? How much did you pay and how was the finish?

Thanks

Jeff68:
You will be surprise! I contacted two reputable engineers on this forum for such a quote on plastering a 5 bedroom duplex with 2 _3 bedroom flats at the back, and I got a quote of 2million and 3million respectively, just for labor!!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2020
megacontrol:
Thanks for your response.
And yes, this work you posted is done well and that's the kind of finish we will be hoping for.

Concerning materials, on our side we will try to source your recommended type/nature of sand, even if it means going out of the way and/or paying a premium. Infact, we have received two different batches of plaster sand for trials to compare the results.

So that brings us to the next question...since you mentioned that workmanship is the other key factor,do you still have the same set of guys in your team or on call-out? How consistent can this be achieved? Being a past job,how certain we can get same in future (job is about one month away)?

This is a very good job, and if we can have anything close to this we will be happy. You'll sure be getting a follow up.

The grey colour plaster sand is available in few part of Lagos and some part of Ogun state.

My teams workers are always available sir.

We are ready to give you the same finishing here or more than this pics I posted here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 9:02am On Jun 17, 2020
Good morning great people.
For personal building, what's the difference between using 0.45 and 0.55 longspan alumininium?
Does it have anything to do with susceptibility to leaking?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2020
mufutau55:

Damn! That is a real bad contractor and you should deal with him squarely. I hate those who like to mess-up others.
That will be very good if the Con-man is exposed.
We will love to see this, so that others will not fall into his trap. Please keep us posted.

Hajji M.

Thank you Hajji, our investigation on tracking him has reached an advanced stage. He has been posting me for more than three weeks.

My SARS friend in Egbada had already obtained all his contacts from the network he uses and the bank. He may run but will surely be caught.

I don't give room for frivolities - If you do any how, you see any how. Thank God that I am not spending money to track him down as the officer in Abuja that linked me to the Lagos SARS office was my secondary school mate and works directly in the IGs office. So, he is getting weekly updates on the matter making the SARS officers here to be up and doing.

Two nairalanders have done marvelous works for me before. I can mention Dominionng, may be without his permission. He did an excellent roof facial and eaves facial works using his popularized galvanized iron instead of wood and fiber cement board. A nairaland also roofed the house.

Here I am stocked with one crook that continues to profess "Godliness" and yet behaves like a con - man. I paid him to supply the additional large windows I told you about after collecting the money and disappeared.

I blame myself because I saw the red flags but believed him because of his postings here.

I will soon expose him as I am bidding my time and following the advise I got from the criminal investigation of SARS that I should hold on with further communication. -

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2020
mank1234:

100ft is approx 30m. The quantity you quoted will only do probably 4coach.

Total length divide by length of a block (450mm) will give approximate figure. Without calculating, I think 2,000 to 3,000 is what will deliver the job

This your calculation is very wrong sir
Let me school you 100/100
That is 100 feet into 4 which is 400multiply by 12 a feet is 12 inches this will give you 4800 .
Now divided 4800 by 18inches which is the length of a block it will give you 266.7 .
Then multiply by 4 course = 1066.8 with mortar but buy 1600.

Even if you calculate it with meters like what you said
30m into 4 is 120m .
2 block with mortar will give you 1 meter so 120*2 is going to give you 240 * 4 = 960 blocks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2020
Good day gurus in the house. Please can I get an estimate on how much will be needed to fence a half plot of land measuring 30*89 feet and an access way measuring 10*80 feet. I intend doing just 2-3 coaches above the ground.

Thanks.

Cc mufutau55 rotecch77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
mank1234:
Good morning great people.
For personal building, what's the difference between using 0.45 and 0.55 longspan alumininium?
Does it have anything to do with susceptibility to leaking?

the difference is in the thickness, one is thicker than the other, it's not as if 0.45 is a bad choice. if you have the fund, use .55 it will give you the assurance that you buy the best.

N.B ...... use professional installer for the installations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Desanta(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
seglad2:
There are these Turkish made panel door, they superb. And more more durable If u get the original.

Please how doi get these Original Turkish panel doors?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
Thank you Sir for schooling me. You're the best for doing this tuition free. I'm indeed very much appreciative.

ak22:
This your calculation is very wrong sir
Let me school you 100/100
That is 100 feet into 4 which is 400multiply by 12 a feet is 12 inches this will give you 4800 .
Now divided 4800 by 18inches which is the length of a block it will give you 266.7 .
Then multiply by 4 course = 1066.8 with mortar but buy 1600.

Even if you calculate it with meters like what you said
30m into 4 is 120m .
2 block with mortar will give you 1 meter so 120*2 is going to give you 240 * 4 = 960 blocks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
mank1234:
Thank you Sir for schooling me. You're the best for doing this tuition free. I'm indeed very much appreciative.

120ft one straight line will be 106
106x12
100 ft one straight line is = 88 blocks
One side of 100ft and 12 ft high will be 88 x12=1056
10 blocks high include foundation will be 880 block including pillars

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
Focusmind:

Very bad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
rotecch77:

1. Level of workmanship

What's ur charges like. What is ur number?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
yinkaoke:

What's ur charges like. What is ur number?

Size of the building and location determine the cost
You can reach me on
08066619493 call and whatzap
Thanks ma
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sachiopropty(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
What is the Best White Cement to Use for POP.

Thank you

Join the fastest real estate listing site

Promote your real estate business now online and offline with www.sachiong.com

#Realestate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Lekki-Ajah
WATCH OUT!!!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
Please house an new here. How much will it cost to paint a virgin 2bedroom flay both inside out? Answer Biko.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thatsammie(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
topsy23:

1.5mm single core for lighting
Red colour is Live
Black Colour is Neutral
Green is for the earth cable.(Most of light fittings don't normally come with earth terminal, reason for neglecting earth cable for the lighting circuit).

2.5mm single core cable is for the socket outlet(both single and double). At times it can also be use for water heater if the litres is not more than 20litres.
Red colour is Live
Black Colour is Neutral
Green is for the earth cable
Note: Earth cable is very important in the installation of socket, AC, Water heater, cooker unit etc......

-It keeps people safe by preventing electric shocks
-It prevents damage to electrical appliances and devices by preventing excessive current from running through the circuit
-It prevents the risk of fire that could otherwise be caused by current leakage
-Earth can also serves as neutral if the Neutral fail
You really know what you're doing. Do you train would be electricians?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
Focusmind:

Thank you Hajji, our investigation on tracking him has reached an advanced stage. He has been posting me for more than three weeks.

My SARS friend in Egbada had already obtained all his contacts from the network he uses and the bank. He may run but will surely be caught.

I don't give room for frivolities - If you do any how, you see any how. Thank God that I am not spending money to track him down as the officer in Abuja that linked me to the Lagos SARS office was my secondary school mate and works directly in the IGs office. So, he is getting weekly updates on the matter making the SARS officers here to be up and doing.

Two nairalanders have done marvelous works for me before. I can mention Dominionng, may be without his permission. He did an excellent roof facial and eaves facial works using his popularized galvanized iron instead of wood and fiber cement board. A nairaland also roofed the house.

Here I am stocked with one crook that continues to profess "Godliness" and yet behaves like a con - man. I paid him to supply the additional large windows I told you about after collecting the money and disappeared.

I blame myself because I saw the red flags but believed him because of his postings here.

I will soon expose him as I am bidding my time and following the advise I got from the criminal investigation of SARS that I should hold on with further communication. -

Thank you for the update sir. Please come back to expose him after he has been nabbed. We should not allow theives in our community here. And we thought we have exponged all the bad apples. God will sure catch him.
Money is not an easy thing gather... he will fall.
When caught, please dont be too emotional, let the SARS guy deal with him ruthlessly.
As said before, we do have good people here and I have also engaged numerous Nairalanders here, but there are still some rotten apples trolling around. So we have to do real dilligence before we make any business with them.
May Gos expose all of them one by one.
Thanks for the updates, keep us informed.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hi, I am planning to do this type of door in which the photo is attached below to my house. Just to be economical, I planned to buy the materials myself.

Measurement photos attached as well.
Kindly list the present market materials prices which include HDF boards and keys.

Pls, how much do you think the furniture should charge for each door because the guy was asking me to pay 15k for each after buying all the materials for him?
Thank you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
woodsbeatrice30:

Black Screeding is better than white screeding because when the wall become wet, the white screeding wall will be defaced and will also affect the painting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mythy70(m), 36pripa(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m), ikuku(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.