Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443503 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:02am On Jun 21, 2020
diordaves:
3 million Naira remodel bungalow.

This is to add to the debate of how much will build a 'normal' bungalow. Go through the link and you will see the amazing simple approach to a complicated situation with a fantastic outcome. Good job.

So if you keep things simple, you can achieve a good budget bungalow from N2,000,000

https://www.nairaland.com/5563402/photo-diary-remodeling-reconstruction-old

Nice one there is a way to do simple design/construction to safe cost, but some others factors still contributed to some structure cost.

I did same but my is 7 BEDROOMS for a CLIENT
I spent about 5m
Check the link and some pics

https://www.nairaland.com/2633699/re-modeling-7bedroom-old-house-ogun#38522328

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:45am On Jun 21, 2020
joycluv:
Like how many feet should be normal for that size?

15fit Max is OK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Chekitaut:
Thanks you identify the difference after use, that is what i have being doing over a decade, quantity as demand, no compromising, am not perfect, is not on Quantity, but logistics, the condition of road, trucks of 1980 still ply our road, i am trying to adjust with demand, i do it myself i will not want to be rub in the mud anymore.

our slogan "beyond imagination".

Correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2020
ChiefSupplier55:
As we all know this what I market

Write me on Whatsapp 07038166370
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2020
Chekitaut:
You correct, what scared me most is N5m. i am only trying to throw light possible where & how the rip off went. She may not be aware of it.

No, you are wrong this time. You wanna know why?

You don't know the height of the foundation, the number of partitions it have, the foundation method deployed and the soil type in the area. Moreover she didn't share the floor plan, so it would be wrong to conclude she is been ripped off. I don't agree with you.

Haven't you seen foundation done with 9m before even 12m. Before you say things like this, seek for the facts by asking questions first before going to conclusion. That's what I feel.

As for your supplies, One can always say Check this out...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:56am On Jun 21, 2020
Nice detailing of your foundation.

If you dont mind, can you state roughly how much it cost you?

Enyinne:
Hummmm , no ripe off yet,my bro inlaw who happens to be a builder is helping supplying me with quote as he doesn't know the engineer ,my foundation is 5 to 6 planks with double strip type of foundation,i bought my materials by myself Tmt for 238k per ton and cement 2550, and i still hv material left enough to do dpc even though i will be buying filling sand and pay workmanship. Site in question is 10mins from my residence so am always on ground for the past 2weeks to follow up daily.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nothing.

Pls read the context to which the statement was made.

Muyi002:

Hajji,
What is wrong with passing 16ft? because I am considering either 18 or 20 o.

E joor enlighten me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
The house is a fairly water logged area ,3 *2bedroom and 1 *3bedroom making a total of 4flats . With the material on ground ,foundation to dpc will cost me 6.5m including 117 ft raft fence i did from the material bought .My Foundation height is quite high as this raining season opened the engineer eyes to the issue of water level already affecting the residents around that vicinity.5 and half planks with no dpc yet with first underlying foundation done before the second one put on it . grin , note that i bought alot of wood for the foundation cos of the pattern but i will reuse it for the decking to minimize cost . I guess after the decking i will know my exact cost of foundation to decking and possibly use the wood for the parapet grin . The wood will regret ever meeting me.
megacontrol:
Nice detailing of your foundation.

If you dont mind, can you state roughly how much it cost you?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
The Qs i got from here and 2 others outside nairaland stated 4.8m only foundation and dpc 1.7m . Ie without taken care of the raft of my 117ft fence cost.
Chekitaut:
You correct, what scared me most is N5m. i am only trying to throw light possible where & how the rip off went. She may not be aware of it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ok.
Seems the substructure was completely cast. No block work.
Enyinne:
The house is a fairly water logged area ,3 *2bedroom and 1 *3bedroom making a total of 4flats . With the material on ground ,foundation to dpc will cost me 6.5m including 117 ft raft fence i did from the material bought .My Foundation height is quite high as this raining season opened the engineer eyes to the issue of water level already affecting the residents around that vicinity.5 and half planks with no dpc yet with first underlying foundation done before the second one put on it . grin , note that i bought alot of wood for the foundation cos of the pattern but i will reuse it for the decking to minimize cost . I guess after the decking i will know my exact cost of foundation to decking and possibly use the wood for the parapet grin . The wood will regret ever meeting me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ok.
Will post it when i get it.
topsy23:

I can recommend transformer for you if you send me plan of the estate. Total load of each building, street, etc will be added to get the size of transformer. Also is there high tension line closer to the estate (I mean 11KV or 33KV). All these information is needed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
Chekitaut:
100kva transformer
Thank you Chekit.
One phcn staff said 50kva is ok but I was wondering based on what?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
rotecch77:

Nice one there is a way to do simple design/construction to safe cost, but some others factors still contributed to some structure cost.

I did same but my is 7 BEDROOMS for a CLIENT
I spent about 5m
Check the link and some pics

https://www.nairaland.com/2633699/re-modeling-7bedroom-old-house-ogun#38522328

I remember this. The outcome was fantastic. The budget was good. So this is yet another evidence that one can build a bungalow as from 2 million Naira. Just keep the architecture and execution simple.

All aspiring homeowners with moderate budget, be encouraged. You can have that roof over your head and your family. Seek the right people, keep it simple and functional and you can.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enyinne:

Enyinne, abeg no vex o. How much is two and one bedroom flats in this area? No go, no go, you will spend close to 10 million for ground work and foundation alone. So how much would the final article generate?

No mind me o, I just want to get my head around that 10 million just for groundwork/foundation. The thing dey do me one kind like say na my money. The Lord is your strength.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
coldcandy:

Thank you Chekit.
One phcn staff said 50kva is ok but I was wondering based on what?
50kva is automatically 20units 2hp a/c, 100kva ur best
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
Great people, please l need guidance on door subframes for flush doors for am about plastering.
How much does it cost ?
Where can l get it?
What should l look out for when negotiating or buying?
Also how do l bargain for sliding window subframes? What should l look at for? What is the fair price?

Thanks in anticipation of ur rich response
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
Completely cast to height of 5 and half plank and its white like Julius berger concrete slab .
coldcandy:
Ok.
Seems the substructure was completely cast. No block work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
I dont really know about 1bedroom but standard full finished 2bedroom is like 800k and 3 bedroom like 1.2m . Building is an asset depending on location and land value,it will generate funds for a long time to come,if u spend 20m for 4 flats generating upto 3.5m to 4m yearly is not a bad deal and remember u still have ur building after many years ,well appreciated and can still sell for a good price then
diordaves:

Enyinne, abeg no vex o. How much is two and one bedroom flats in this area? No go, no go, you will spend close to 10 million for ground work and foundation alone. So how much would the final article generate?

No mind me o, I just want to get my head around that 10 million just for groundwork/foundation. The thing dey do me one kind like say na my money. The Lord is your strength.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
In addition l chatted with a contractor yesterday on how to get a good plaster outlook with those ugly cracks and mention the below three factors are important:
1. Cement, he said l should use elephant because it has less chemical and will allow gradual solidity
2. Whether, he said cold whether is best compaired to intense whether that hurriedly dry up
3. Type of plaster sand: he recommended one w less sticky or with less gum or best still l use only sharp sand.

He emphasize that using only sharp sand as against mixing with plaster sand is best.

Please great engineer how true is this before l recommend to my bricklayer?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aquilapriscilla: 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enyinne:
Completely cast to height of 5 and half plank and its white like Julius berger concrete slab .
Ma could you please,if possible share pictures ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hmmn! I like tour analysis, you are considerate.
Enyinne:
I dont really know about 1bedroom but standard full finished 2bedroom is like 800k and 3 bedroom like 1.2m . Building is an asset depending on location and land value,it will generate funds for a long time to come,if u spend 20m for 4 flats generating upto 3.5m to 4m yearly is not a bad deal and remember u still have ur building after many years ,well appreciated and can still sell for a good price then

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enyinne:
Ma, chat me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
yinkaoke:
In addition l chatted with a contractor yesterday on how to get a good plaster outlook with those ugly cracks and mention the below three factors are important:
1. Cement, he said l should use elephant because it has less chemical and will allow gradual solidity
2. Whether, he said cold whether is best compaired to intense whether that hurriedly dry up
3. Type of plaster sand: he recommended one w less sticky or with less gum or best still l use only sharp sand.

He emphasize that using only sharp sand as against mixing with plaster sand is best.

Please great engineer how true is this before l recommend to my bricklayer?
recently I saw a house that was plastered with sharp and I kept asking the bricklayer if he's serious o..the outcome was attractive compared to plaster sand sef but I can't tell if will stand the test of time but with the result I was steering at, it Should last o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
These foundation hv a underneath first one done this second one, look into the third picture, u will see the first slab done
Aquilapriscilla:

Ma could you please,if possible share pictures ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enyinne:

Make sense. Property investment is a number game. The end result is all that matters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
If u are in ajah and needs wood for decking or foundation, u can come in 2weeks time for bargain price . I'm using this wood for decking in 2weeks time . Come one come all grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Johntemmy:
Get your cheap strong hardwood for all your project at cheaper rate.
2by2by12
2by3by12
2by4by12
2by6by12
3by4by12
1by12

you can also call me from foundation level for your white woods
such as 1by12,2by3 etc..we give you strong and everlasting wood for your project..call or Whatsapp me on 07060795767
we supply all over Nigeria.

Do you sell for Ilorin axis.
Please let's have your prices for these classes of woods.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enyinne:
These foundation hv a underneath first one done this second one, look into the third picture, u will see the first slab done ,
Chai... Nice job there, if is my project 3board raft & 2couses block then dpc, well-done ma,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aquilapriscilla: 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enyinne:
These foundation hv a underneath first one done this second one, look into the third picture, u will see the first slab done ,
Wow, a lot of money have been sinked in here
More grace to your elbow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
We know those shortcut but we are considering water level around d area . Thanks grin
Chekitaut:
Chai... Nice job there, if is my project 3board raft & 2couses block then dpc, well-done ma,

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Yes ur right , i spent more than planned. Thanks
Aquilapriscilla:

Wow, a lot of money have been sinked in here
More grace to your elbow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enyinne:

I think I know this site.
Madam write me on Whatsapp if you can clearly recall me about this place. Which I believe you can.

Write me on my Whatsapp. You should have my contact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Skydivine, twinskenny(m), rotecch77(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.