Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390390 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
No burglary, just sliding and net.

HealthCas:

Is the sliding window together with burglary? And they both cost 15k?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Would be nice you wait to see the job he is going to do on this project first, but thanks for the confirmation that the price may be fair.
Please great people l need more advice n suggestions
seglad2:
Labor to plaster 4bed room 100k..... pls give me his number I have my 3bed room DT needs plastering nd d bricklayer de give one big cost

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by collinszino: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good day everyone, does anyone here have an idea where I can find this exact WPC tile as seen in the picture . thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
erico2k2:

I hope you know I'm not just digging you out, I am interested as I'm in the process of doing one of few septic tanks for my project as shown below.

With a bio digester. You don't need something these big.

The Biofil toilet digester system is a new modern toilet technology; It is a small enclosed chamber that replaces the septic tank or manhole.
WHAT DOES THE BIOFIL DIGESTER CHAMBER CONTAINS:
It is a biological filter consisting of a medium of soil infused with environmentally friendly.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Biofil digester is an aerobic decomposition system, it treats toilet waste and the flush water in the chamber, it breaks down the toilet waste completely with oxygen in a way that odor is not generated. The chamber itself is a filter, when you flush your water closet (WC), the digester filters the toilet waste water through grades of sand, fibre net and porous concrete, allowing non-toxic clean and odorless water to drain out to your garden, soakaway or gutter, leaving the toilet waste in a suspended environment where oxygen gets to every part of it, under those conditions, millions of environmentally friendly micro organisms and bacteria feed on the toilet waste till it disappear completely, Also as the toilet waste decomposes in an aerobic chamber it suppresses the production of methane gas during the process.
ADVANTAGES OF BIOFIL TOILET DIGESTER SYSTEM over SEPTIC TANK OR MANHOLE
SMALL SPACE REQUIRED:
SAVES MONEY:
The digester can be used for more than 30 to 40 years without dislodging.
RECYCLING:
The biofil waste water can be channeled to water your garden, because it is odorless.
HEALTH:
It is environmentally friendly, very hygienic and it promotes good sanitation practice. It produces no odor or sludge accumulation.
LIMITATIONS
Inorganic wastes like sanitary pads, condoms or nylon is prohibited in the bio digester.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN SHARE IT:
The small digester can be used by 2 to 10 people and the big digester can be used by 10 to 30 within a house without any problem.
The technology has been used and proven, Install BIOFIL DIGESTER and save money without any problem.
If you already have a septic tank or manhole, don't waste money to pull the toilet waste when it is full, install a Biofil toilet digester, and use the septic tank as a water storage tank.
Thanks.
Follow this link to message me on WhatsApp: https:///2348140766742
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
luvablesam:
What kind of ceiling is this?
Are there affordable options to POP ceilings?

I need professional inputs to this
nice one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
erico2k2:

I hope you know I'm not just digging you out, I am interested as I'm in the process of doing one of few septic tanks for my project as shown below.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Roofing Carpenter

I need a good carpenter to do the woodwork for roofing and nogging for my project in Lekki starting this week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sir we are available for your painting and decorative designs need should you have need for our services.
We deliver topnotch finishes.
Thank you
femidbuilder:
Roofing Carpenter

I need a good carpenter to do the woodwork for roofing and nogging for my project in Lekki starting this week.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatunji67POP(m): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs.

Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordable fees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am. phone number:07062567817 or 08090945484

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
tonididdy:
Hi guys
Anyone have an idea where to get these interlocking molds to buy in BeninCity?

Please
If you can go to Ibadan I can give you factory number

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good evening all.

Would appreciate if I can get current prices of the following roofing planks

2*2*12
2*3*12
2*4*12
2*6*12
Binding Iron
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please contact me and drop details here:
I need to rent a Grader for a 200 meter access road in Imo state. No trees, just schrubs, footpaths and bushes.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seglad2(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Whatsapp me I will give d best carpenter, dt have done many successful wood work for my clients who I have done roofings for

femidbuilder:
Roofing Carpenter

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damoche64: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
[quote author=seglad2 post=91179882]Whatsapp me I will give d best carpenter, dt have done many successful wood work for my clients who I have done roofings for

Do you have any carpenters for roofing in Ibadan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:44am On Jun 29, 2020
davodyguy:
Good evening all.

Would appreciate if I can get current prices of the following roofing plank
An ge
2*2*12
2*3*12
2*4*12
2*6*12
Binding Iron

Price differs by location though. If you're in the Southwest you can get hardwood for;

2*2*12 - 300
2*3*12 - 450
2*4*12 - 550
2*6*12 - 1200

We can supply you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:08am On Jun 29, 2020
buddie:
@rotech77
@saydfact
@money121

I have noticed most of the roofing pictures posted here are done without leaving any form of ventilation on the roof design at that hip level for heat to escape.

Is this an omission or deliberate act?

Sun breakers are ventilators too.

But this is a standard ventilator

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:11am On Jun 29, 2020
[quote author=damoche64 post=91181554][/quote]

Try us +2347038935532
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 4:00am On Jun 29, 2020
erico2k2:

The Biofil toilet digester system is a new modern toilet technology; It is a small enclosed chamber that replaces the septic tank or manhole.
WHAT DOES THE BIOFIL DIGESTER CHAMBER CONTAINS:
It is a biological filter consisting of a medium of soil infused with environmentally friendly.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Biofil digester is an aerobic decomposition system, it treats toilet waste and the flush water in the chamber, it breaks down the toilet waste completely with oxygen in a way that odor is not generated. The chamber itself is a filter, when you flush your water closet (WC), the digester filters the toilet waste water through grades of sand, fibre net and porous concrete, allowing non-toxic clean and odorless water to drain out to your garden, soakaway or gutter, leaving the toilet waste in a suspended environment where oxygen gets to every part of it, under those conditions, millions of environmentally friendly micro organisms and bacteria feed on the toilet waste till it disappear completely, Also as the toilet waste decomposes in an aerobic chamber it suppresses the production of methane gas during the process.
ADVANTAGES OF BIOFIL TOILET DIGESTER SYSTEM over SEPTIC TANK OR MANHOLE
SMALL SPACE REQUIRED:
SAVES MONEY:
The digester can be used for more than 30 to 40 years without dislodging.
RECYCLING:
The biofil waste water can be channeled to water your garden, because it is odorless.
HEALTH:
It is environmentally friendly, very hygienic and it promotes good sanitation practice. It produces no odor or sludge accumulation.
LIMITATIONS
Inorganic wastes like sanitary pads, condoms or nylon is prohibited in the bio digester.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN SHARE IT:
The small digester can be used by 2 to 10 people and the big digester can be used by 10 to 30 within a house without any problem.
The technology has been used and proven, Install BIOFIL DIGESTER and save money without any problem.
If you already have a septic tank or manhole, don't waste money to pull the toilet waste when it is full, install a Biofil toilet digester, and use the septic tank as a water storage tank.
Thanks.
Follow this link to message me on WhatsApp: https:///2348140766742

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:19am On Jun 29, 2020
buddie:
@rotech77
@saydfact
@money121

I have noticed most of the roofing pictures posted here are done without leaving any form of ventilation on the roof design at that hip level for heat to escape.

Is this an omission or deliberate act?

An astute question and one we dealt with hundreds of pages ago.

The method that is used to build roofs in Nigeria leads itself to natural ventilation.

As an example in the USA we would first cover the roof carcass with 3/4 or 1 inch plywood. The lumbers in the USA have precision edged so there’s no gap there, then we layer it with roofing felt. Roofing felt is water proofing material and it is installed with zero gaps as the edges are overlapping. Then we install the final roofing material. In most cases it’s asphalt shingles. Again installed with overlapping.

Now let’s compare it to the sham of roofing system that we have in Nigeria where they simply slap on the aluminum on top of the carcass directly. There’s no way that air won’t circulate.

One can add vents, but any vents that doesn’t include soffit vents is just a joke and a waste of money.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 6:39am On Jun 29, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Price differs by location though. If you're in the Southwest you can get hardwood for;

2*2*12 - 300
2*3*12 - 450
2*4*12 - 550
2*6*12 - 1200

We can supply you.
Thanks for your response.

It is required in Lagos. Is there any need fro treatment or we just hand them over to the carpenter for roofing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:59am On Jun 29, 2020
davodyguy:

Thanks for your response.

It is required in Lagos. Is there any need fro treatment or we just hand them over to the carpenter for roofing?

Treatment is optional but it's an additional protection. We can help you treat on site too if required.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2020
Sir, what does that "soffit vent" mean? Will appreciate if explain with picture
EgunMogaji2:

An astute question and one we dealt with hundreds of pages ago.

The method that is used to build roofs in Nigeria leads itself to natural ventilation.

As an example in the USA we would first cover the roof carcass with 3/4 or 1 inch plywood. The lumbers in the USA have precision edged so there’s no gap there, then we layer it with roofing felt. Roofing felt is water proofing material and it is installed with zero gaps as the edges are overlapping. Then we install the final roofing material. In most cases it’s asphalt shingles. Again installed with overlapping.

Now let’s compare it to the sham of roofing system that we have in Nigeria where they simply slap on the aluminum on top of the carcass directly. There’s no way that air won’t circulate.

One can add vents, but any vents that doesn’t include soffit vents is just a joke and a waste of money.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:10am On Jun 29, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Treatment is optional but it's an additional protection. We can help you treat on site too if required.

What will be the cost of this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2020
Abolarin91:
Sir, what does that "soffit vent" mean? Will appreciate if explain with picture

Hello, see attached pictures.

Soffit vents are installed underneath the roof extension. This is primarily the traditional method of air entry into roofing structures.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 8:42am On Jun 29, 2020
Thanks to great people here so far, God bless you all. However l need few directions/advise
1. I want to install sliding windows but the frame first to save money for other things n advance project. The burglary man has quoted 15k each for sliding windows with net but l want to negotiate for just the installation of the frames for now SO how much is fair for negotiation.?

2. My Mason has quoted labour fees of N100k to plaster four bedrooms bungalow in and out. Please is this a fair amount?
Also he mention the FF materials
20tons of plaster sand
10tons of sharp sand
55bags of cement
With plenty of water.

Please great people l need ur review and advise.
Thanks so much as u keep them coming
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:42am On Jun 29, 2020
yinkaoke:
Thanks to great people here so far, God bless you all. However l need few directions/advise
1. I want to install sliding windows but the frame first to save money for other things n advance project. The burglary man has quoted 15k each for sliding windows with net but l want to negotiate for just the installation of the frames for now SO how much is fair for negotiation.?

2. My Mason has quoted labour fees of N100k to plaster four bedrooms bungalow in and out. Please is this a fair amount?
20tons of plaster sand
10tons of sharp sand
55bags of cement
With plenty of water.

The quotes are OK....

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damoche64: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2020
I will holla u

KolaShangOne:

Try us +2347038935532
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seglad2(m): 9:47am On Jun 29, 2020
Yes

[quote author=damoche64 post=91181554][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2020
Ooohk! Thank you sir
EgunMogaji2:

Hello, see attached pictures.

Soffit vents are installed underneath the roof extension. This is primarily the traditional method of air entry into roofing structures.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:02am On Jun 29, 2020
This quote OK ma, no rip off here.
yinkaoke:

20tons of plaster sand
10tons of sharp sand
55bags of cement
With plenty of water.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by insidenobs(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2020
Jezzbuy is the best place to sell anything to real people.

It is the biggest free online classified with an advanced security system. We provide a simple hassle-free solution to sell and buy almost anything.
Sell like a pro!

1. Pay attention to the details.
Make good photos of your goods, write clear and detailed description.
2. Answer quickly.
Don’t make your buyer wait for your message for days. Be online or get SMS notifications on your messages.
3. Use Premium Services to get 15x more customers!
Your adverts will appear at the top of the page and you will sell faster! How does it work?

How to sell on Jezzbuy?
1. Register
Register using your e-mail and phone number. Make sure you’re entering a correct phone number, so your clients could reach you!
2. Make photos of your item.
Feel free to make a lot of photos using your smartphone. Make sure they show your item in the best light.
3. Press SELL .
Choose a proper category, upload your photos and write a clear title and full description of your item. Enter a fair price, select attributes and send your advert to review!
4. Answer the messages and calls from your clients!
If everything is ok with your advert, it’ll be on Jezzbuy in a couple of hours after sending to moderation. We’ll send you a letter and notification when your advert goes live. Check your messages and be ready to earn money! Do you want to sell like a pro? Check out our Premium Services.

How to buy on Jezzbuy?
1. Search for the item.
Find what you need using search panel and filters. We have over a million adverts, choose exactly what you are looking for.
2. Contact a seller.
You may use chat on Jezzbuy or call them via phone. Discuss all the details, negotiate about the price.
3. Take your item or order a delivery.
We check our sellers carefully, but it’s always better to check twice, right? Meet a seller in public place and be sure to pay only after collecting your item.
4. Leave your feedback about the seller.
Feel free to tell us about your purchase. Your feedback will be published online on the seller’s page and will be very helpful for other buyers. Let’s build a safe and professional business community together!

Safety
1. General
We are highly focused on the security and can solve any issues in short-terms. That’s why we ask you, kindly, to leave a review after purchasing. If you run into any problems with a seller, you can report us and Jezzbuy Team will check this seller as soon as possible.
2. Personal safety tips.
– Do not pay in advance, even for the delivery
– Try to meet at a safe, public location
– Check the item BEFORE you buy it
– Pay only after collecting the item
3. Secure payments.
Jezzbuy provides Premium Services for those who want to sell and earn more. We accept both online and offline payments for these services. We guarantee secure and reliable payments on Jezzbuy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2020
Happy new week house!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.