Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397582 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Think9ja(m): 11:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
soonest:

No i didn't consider materials, only Labour. Mason, service, carpenter, iron bender.
Foundation labour
Labour for filling
Labour for block setting
Labour for lintel
Block setting above lintel

Thank you so much.
I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:42am On Jul 01, 2020
Happy new month of July house, we shall withess more in Jesus name, almighty God will guide everyone of us from covid 19 (amen) remember to use ur face mask, if u are going work, and stay safe, ( and makes ur windows casement embedded with burglaries for ur project this month, from us, here (adedward)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:47am On Jul 01, 2020
rotecch77:

Good sir,
I did same in my his project (the project is 4unit of 2bedroom and 4units of Mini flat.

But if client says he is she need it, what can say than to abide with his/ she choice.

Here is attached pic ( I cut the mini flat plan out from the full drawing)

https://www.nairaland.com/5377385/construction-4units-2bdrms-4-units

The link to the thread

That is exactly what I was saying. Look at how the Toilet is positioned to be used by Guest and the Occupant.
And still the people sitying in the Livingroom does not see the Toilet. Good plan.

And YES, if that is how the owner wants it, you have no choice o. Agreed.

Hajji M
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:01am On Jul 01, 2020
Poorboy:
hahahhaaahhaha which one is better and the price

Go for Longspan aluminium. Ask for price per sqm in your area.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Salliet(m): 3:22am On Jul 01, 2020
coldcandy:
As a tenant, I will like my kitchen to be where the visitors toilet is and my vt where the toilet is. (placing the two toilets side by side is also good for evacuation piping).
I will also want a wall to screen the kitchen entrance.
Consider placing the main entrance where the window is.

Thanks a lot sir.

Swapping the position of the visitor's toilet and kitchen is a great idea since the kitchen window will add to the parlour's ventilation. Also piping of toilet waste.

However the entrance door is where it is to create a little room in balcony for clothes hanger, ac outdoor unit, gas cylinder or even inverter batteries (would have been gen but for the obvious reasons).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:44am On Jul 01, 2020
@Saydfact
Thanks for all that fantastic work. Grateful.
You sure listen and suggest great ideas.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 4:36am On Jul 01, 2020
@Hajji M and other professionals here, kindly help me out on this. I would like to know if I can still use Polytene nylon to prevent damping of my building if I don’t intend to do German floor after the foundation. It’s a proposed low budget 2 bedroom bungalow in Abeokuta where the land is dry but I do see a lot of rising damp on the walls of the surrounding buildings, especially this rainy season. I want to prevent it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:42am On Jul 01, 2020
Good job.
Which frame/glass is this... Tower, Nigalex or Imported?

Adedward:
Happy new month of July house, we shall withess more in Jesus name, almighty God will guide everyone of us from covid 19 (amen) remember to use ur face mask, if u are going work, and stay safe, ( and makes ur windows casement embedded with burglaries for ur project this month, from us, here (adedward)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:53am On Jul 01, 2020
I will advice you meet a Quantity surveyor...
Think9ja:

I just want to know the cost of raising a structure of that plan upto parapet level excluding the cost of materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2020
mufutau55:
@Saydfact
Thanks for all that fantastic work. Grateful.
You sure listen and suggest great ideas.

Hajji M.

BOSS - I'm framing this grin grin grin
I appreciate sir and promise to say-more-fact wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Walted0n: 7:39am On Jul 01, 2020
Dominionng:

N200 and N300 for Internal and External screeding respectively(Labour only)
Glova paint is N3,000 - N3,500 depending on your location.

Thank you very much sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:50am On Jul 01, 2020
Think9ja:
Good evening to you nairalanders.

Assuming I'm to give this building plan as a contract to a mason, how much should be my budget, EXCLUDING MATERIALS?

The mason will be in charge of everything from the foundation to the parapet. He's the one to bring iron bender, carpenter and he's the one to pay for every labour involved. How much should I budget?

Note; The project is in the Masaka/Uke axis of Abuja.

Thanks

mufutau55
topsy23
takoro13

Unsolicited advice. What if there’s a fire in the kitchen, what is the exit plan for the two bedrooms tucked back there?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 7:54am On Jul 01, 2020
MrOkenwa:
@Hajji M and other professionals here, kindly help me out on this. I would like to know if I can still use Polytene nylon to prevent damping of my building if I don’t intend to do German floor after the foundation. It’s a proposed low budget 2 bedroom bungalow in Abeokuta where the land is dry but I do see a lot of rising damp on the walls of the surrounding buildings, especially this rainy season. I want to prevent it.

Good morning, it will have been better if you can do the half DPC ( DPM and concrete casting on all the block walls only) while you take care of other parts before tilling later as it's a low budget project.

Your concrete is poured on the nylon So you can't put nylon without concrete.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Think9ja(m): 8:32am On Jul 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Unsolicited advice. What if there’s a fire in the kitchen, what is the exit plan for the two bedrooms tucked back there?

Chai!
I should have posted this earlier, cos all is now set for the commencement of the work.
Is there anything you might want to suggest for me about your observation? Like possible solution?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2020
Tombrook0:
Imported Turkey Door Available in different design and prices.

Regular steel door 3 feet
Regular steel door 4 feet
Standard Turkey door 3 feet
Standard Turkey door 4 feet
regular wooden door
Hard wooden door
American Panel door
Stainless steel glass door 4 feet
Armored bullet prove door 4 feet

we are your dependable home for top qualty and affordable steel, wooden, armored, turkey, kitchen, stainless steel glass, bathroom doors.

call us today for supplies and installation services..

WhatsApp or Call
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 9:02am On Jul 01, 2020
Person2person:

Good morning, it will have been better if you can do the half DPC ( DPM and concrete casting on all the block walls only) while you take care of other parts before tilling later as it's a low budget project.

Your concrete is poured on the nylon So you can't put nylon without concrete.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:20am On Jul 01, 2020
Think9ja:

Chai!
I should have posted this earlier, cos all is now set for the commencement of the work.
Is there anything you might want to suggest for me about your observation? Like possible solution?
Thanks

Make the burglary in one or both of the rooms an openable one. Make sure that all occupants from toddler age can open it easily. I have one in my BQ and my then 3 year old can open it.

We discussed various types of openable burglaries some hundreds of pages back, maybe a search will bring it back. Fire is real in Nigeria, very real and we're on our own mostly.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:26am On Jul 01, 2020
[left][/left]Pardon me for this advert here.

IKORODU PEOPLE here is opportunity for you to get your imported and good locally made plumbing materials at CHEAPER RATE plus FREE DELIVERY TO THE SITE.

Example
4” pipe 1200 thick type 1600
2” pipe 700 thick type 950
4” bend imported 450
4” tee imported 600
1” imported materials btw 60-120
Kitchen sink only single 3500
Double sink only 10,000
Regular water closet China 13500
Executive China wc complete 24,000

And many more
08066619493. Call and whatzap

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Think9ja(m): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Make the burglary in one or both of the rooms an openable one. Make sure that all occupants from toddler age can open it easily. I have one in my BQ and my then 3 year old can open it.

We discussed various types of openable burglaries some hundreds of pages back, maybe a search will bring it back. Fire is real in Nigeria, very real and we're on our own mostly.

Good luck.

Thank you very, very much sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 9:59am On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=damoche64 post=91181554][/quote]call Tunde on 0902 063 9122, he has been working for me in Ibadan and he is very good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damoche64: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2020
Thanks.
tevanso:
call Tunde on 0902 063 9122, he has been working for me in Ibadan and he is very good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damola311: 10:21am On Jul 01, 2020
Good morning and happy new month to everyone....

Please, what's the average cost to pay a bricklayer for workmanship in plastering in and out of a 4 bedroom ensuite?

Measurement is 19.6*12.5

Also, this window design using cement, what's the average cost per window?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2020
saydfact:

BOSS - I'm framing this grin grin grin
I appreciate sir and promise to say-more-fact wink wink wink

Real Facts sef. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 11:23am On Jul 01, 2020
For your Aluminium windows fabrication..we've got you covered Tel/WhatsApp 08153665659

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Salliet(m): 11:59am On Jul 01, 2020
Salliet:
Good morning folks,

I plan to build four nos miniflat on a half plot. Please critic this partial design. I will appreciate candid feedback.

Hint:

Each unit is comprised of: 1 sitting room, 1 bedroom ensuite, 1 guest toilet, 1 kitchen, 1 balcony with a shared stair case.

Thank you

I have taken contributions from my esteemed Engineering personel here and modified the layout.

Hints:
1. Put both toilets together for piping/evacuation ease.
2. Maintain the balcony for cloth hanger or inverter batteries or AC outdoor unit etc.

3. Position of kitchen to improve cross ventilation.

4. Visitor's toilet door was too close to bedroom door in the previous design.

5. The bedroom windows were previously split into two separate 600mm but now combined to a single 1200mm window.

6. Introduced a little shoot out by the kitchen, to make the 2storey building look a bit stylish than being just flat and bland.

7. Most importantly, with the same perimeter of a given space, the closer the space is to being a square the more the area created. Hence most of the spaces are square in nature.

What I mean is:

Length : breadth: Area : Perimeter

L : B : P : A
7 : 1 : 16 : 07
6 : 2 : 16 : 12
5 : 3 : 16 : 15
4 : 4 : 16 : 16

One drawback is that, there will be a visible tie beam in the kitchen. That could be concealed with pop though.

@coldcandy
@ArcToyin
@mufutau55
@uncleteeh
@seglad2
@Takoro13
@One4me
@Dennis3D
@EgunMogaji2
@rotecch77
@Saydfact

Kindly look into

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rusep: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
Can you imagine

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
rusep:
Can you imagine

Not possible to have this installed. PHCN will not give approval for the installation of the transformer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
rusep:
Can you imagine
hope that's not close to the kitchen where gas cooker is? Any spark from those cables lasan .. terrible this can only happen in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
rusep:
Can you imagine
This must have being photoshopped...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
hope that's not close to the kitchen where gas cooker is? Any spark from those cables lasan .. terrible this can only happen in Nigeria

PHCN will not give approval for the transformer. Some department will need to carry out their test before the transformer is energized. Its in impossible Nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damola311: 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
damola311:
Good morning and happy new month to everyone....

Please, what's the average cost to pay a bricklayer for workmanship in plastering in and out of a 4 bedroom ensuite?

Measurement is 19.6*12.5

Also, this window design using cement, what's the average cost per window?

Anybody please?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
topsy23:

PHCN will not give approval for the transformer. Some department will need to carry out their test before the transformer is energized. Its in impossible Nigeria.
that's true though but in Nigeria we care less and sometimes we do the unthinkable

(1) (2) (3) ... (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: speak2bella(f), BabaChicago(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.