Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4396060 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sadiq3051(m): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2020
Hello guys I am a graduate of Architecture looking for any construction company to work with, my employer might be in your timeline... I have vast knowledge with AutoCAD and Revit Architecture.... thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2020
Rexology:
Please what do you have to say about this building?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:17am On Jul 13, 2020
I think all the problem of this house is due to lack of not consulting professionals, starting from the roof to the foundation! The roof is even dancing one corner grin

Baba sikira the carpenter, baba michael the bricklayer can not take the position of an architect, engineer and co! Let's always get this right.
Consulting quark will cost you more than consulting prifessiinals
tonididdy:
Why are these windows almost inside the roof....??

... They just started roofing right from yhe lintel level? grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2020
tonididdy:

If this is a dry area... Then I don't have to worry about your dpc level.
As for that one pillar (it's not even necessary if what I am seeing in the photo is a suspended beam)... If that's a suspended beam and of very good quality then you spoilt the beauty of that area with that pillar there... The pillar isn't necessary if the suspended beam was done top notched.

In this photo... Is something similar to what you are trying to achieve and it's beautiful without a pillar.

Thank you very much. It's a dry land. Please what do you mean by "dpc level"?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 11:43am On Jul 13, 2020
Rexology:

Thank you very much. It's a dry land. Please what do you mean by "dpc level"?
I mean to say foundation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2020
Its OK like this, provided the inner beam is longer than the suspended to avoid sagging.
Rexology:
Professional builders please help me check out this building with a single front pilar for the balcony. Can it stand the roof load? I will also welcome criticisms about the house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
megacontrol:
Thanks...but durability can't depend on workmanship, rather that'll depend on the material. How much the material can withstand the test of time.

I found a China factory that makes it but the prices are not too far off from Aluminium, so will just stick to traditional Aluminum frames then.

LOL grin grin on durablity..

If the workman don't put the screws, joint right - EVEN if the material is strong; na one week b4 everything scatter for ground.. grin grin

OK... with aluminium, its easier to maintain anyways..
Goodluck and thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
Abolarin91:
Its OK like this, provided the inner beam is longer than the suspended to avoid sagging.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
tonididdy:

I mean to say foundation
Okay!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
Plz does anybody have the contact of a good Aluminum Company in Enugu state?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Current prices.
Location- Lagos

Please do you know, how many meters in 1 complete roll of longspan flatsheet and do the factories sell in rolls, for how much please?

Can one buy a roll now, take a delivery, and then when in need return it to factory for corrugation and cutting when in need??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
joycluv:
Plz does anybody have the contact of a good Aluminum Company in Enugu state?

Alo aluminium in Emene. Google their address
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jomafuvwe: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please guys, I was presented with this plan from a friend and I need input on this. This is just a rough sketch of a 4 bedroom flat on a 50*100 plot of land

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
Current Price List

Call/Whatsapp 08085310359

See more of our Previous Project at : https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/89

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
good day to ogas,

between a main entrance door with imbedded burglary proof and a separate door and a separate burglary proof hang around the outside arch/beam

which one is best security against DEM?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
Sorry to say sir, this plan is worst! No single room is cross ventilated. Its not condusive for living!

Consult a good Architect to get you a functional plan. Best of luck to you sir...
Jomafuvwe:
Please guys, I was presented with this plan from a friend and I need input on this. This is just a rough sketch of a 4 bedroom flat on a 50*100 plot of land

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jomafuvwe: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
Abolarin91:
Sorry to say sir, this plan is worst! No single room is cross ventilated. Its not condusive for living!

Consult a good Architect to get you a functional plan. Best of luck to you sir...
Thanks for your input. Highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
As for me I thing the one at the arc/beam is better and it will add beauty to your entrance(if you must use burglary), burglary at the entrance door is no more in vogue(to me it makes house look like prison) grin

Meanwhile, if you are really security conscious why not get electric fence-wire or barb wire on your fence to secure the whole of the house from burglar/intruder? You can check my signature.
Takoro13:
good day to ogas,

between a main entrance door with imbedded burglary proof and a separate door and a separate burglary proof hang around the outside arch/beam

which one is best security against DEM?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
You are welcome sir.
Jomafuvwe:

Thanks for your input. Highly appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by frontview(m): 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please my family, I will like to know if is necessary to stamp duty family Land Sale Agreement or not. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
Jomafuvwe:

It cool, but you can get something better than this , checkout with Biztech consult

Biztech05@yahoo.com
Whatsapp;+2347066483964

https://www.nairaland.com/5266459/build-dream-house-biztech-consult
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sparks026(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please how much estimate will it cost to make this handrail (12ft) with 1.5mm thick black pipes. Thank you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AbuMikey(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Jomafuvwe:

Hello, I can come up with a better and more professional 4-Bedroom Bungalow for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 12:49am On Jul 14, 2020
Jomafuvwe:

What do you mean input? Do you need modification on that brief? Its better if you consult the service of an Architect.
Note: It is not all designs that are workable on site.

Contact MAK DESIGNS AND CONSULT for professional advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aheadahead20: 4:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Please help me critique this plan.

5 bedrooms plus 2 flats of 2bedroom .

Cc: biztech05
Segzy14
Dennis3D

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:36am On Jul 14, 2020
tonididdy:

Do not go the concrete way... Do an iron tank stand of about 16-18ft for optimum pressure level and it cost about 110 to 150,000. This stand can take up to 4 tanks (ensure to discuss this with your welder before contracting the work out)...

Ps: the price maybe cheaper if you want just a 2 tank stand max or even 1tank.

As for the advice against concrete: it's different shades of wahala
16ft for that building is an over kill. 10ft will do the job perfectly for a table land. Add a foundation of 2ft tall and you get 12ft tall tank and it will work perfectly for any bungalow

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:38am On Jul 14, 2020
Sparks026:
Please how much estimate will it cost to make this handrail (12ft) with 1.5mm thick black pipes. Thank you
that rail will be done for about 20,000 here in Nnewi Anambra State. I don't know your location and the cost of materials

PS attached photo is more expensive oh cause it's made with wrought iron and not 1.5mm square pipe

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:45am On Jul 14, 2020
chimexdnice1:
What about if the concrete is covered with tiles?
Is that a good option?

eventually the concrete will give way and cracks will show up

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2020
Just completed project yesterday.
We get you cover for your professional plumbing work...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 7:14am On Jul 14, 2020
How much would a water tank cost?

Water tank for upto six 750 gallons.

Materials plus installation.

Cc: michlins
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogborokiri(m): 8:29am On Jul 14, 2020
tonididdy:

-5 to 6 units of 1bedroom flat with parking space for at least 3 to 4cars
-a bungalow as you wish the number of rooms all masters if you wish also.
-a combo of 3,2and 1 bedroom apartment with parking space also.
The possibilities are endless unless for maybe a duplex... Maybe I said.
Also a car wash or bar can fit in nicely.
please are you on WhatsApp so we can chat more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:47am On Jul 14, 2020
FOUNDATION QUOTATION

Pls help... I need a quotation for foundation of a 4 bedroom duplex + two unit of 2 bedroom + two mini flat BQ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ikuku(m), stnkembu(m), agoro2u and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.