Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395934 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
Why are these windows almost inside the roof....??

... They just started roofing right from yhe lintel level? grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
Matjekdar:
Hi professional in the house , I need a good architect in osogbo for drawing and approval of simple 3bedrrom flat on a plot of land
would you like to use my friend here in ILESA, he can as well send it to you or come to Oshogbo for deal.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
megacontrol:
Guys, I came across a sliding window made with PVC frames instead of the regular aluminium and was told it has been making inroads for a while now as a substitute to the high-end Tower or Thick imported profiles.

Does anyone have experience using casement or sliding windows made with PVC?

Kindly share.

Thanks

who else notice this pxc has no lintel? hope this is safe especially when the window is said to be done with pvc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
ArcToyin:

You can get the materials on ground then you know it is the workmanship that you will keep.
buying wood on ground is a No No boss the wood will dry off and shrink and it will be very hard for nail to penetrate. He should ho and freeze the money in the bank till dry season. My opinion.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
mank1234:

Except it's the fault of the camera or angle of snapshot:

The slope of the roof is not uniform. This is because the distance to the kingpost from both ends are not same.

The wood for that hip was not carefully selected and this account for it not being straight.

I love details and quality finishing - the bane of our artisans.
I had to take more pictures for proper viewing.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
tonididdy:
Why are these windows almost inside the roof....??

... They just started roofing right from yhe lintel level? grin
lol the land is a slope I had to bring more picture, check the thread

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
Seeeeeeee:

It was the camera. Nothing wrong.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
mank1234:

It was the camera. Nothing wrong.
Thanks man grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
Seeeeeeee:
It appears the bricklayer followed the slope of the land. And then the carpinter followed the same level.
Expect to see cracks very soon.
Pls call a structural engr asap. You need to remove the roof and add more blocks and level the building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
coldcandy:

It appears the bricklayer followed the slope of the land. And then the carpinter followed the same level.
Pls call a structural engr asap. You need to remove the roof and add more blocks and level the building.
the building is levelled already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
Architectural drawings of different types of building is what we do at Oak Group. We construct as well.
Checkout our signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
Seeeeeeee:
The roofing work is good notch
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
tonididdy:

The roofing work is good notch
Thanks cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nycobama: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
ThatHistoryGuy:

Hi sir
Am Raphael,a tile dealer in Lagos.
Would you mind we chat on WhatsApp so I can get to know the kind of tiles you need and possibly make recommendations and pictures on best choice then we take it from there .

https:///2348157000908

Thanks for your response but I prefer someone from Ibadan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dear Roofers,

Why technique is used in calculations of roof sqm? It's the normal mathematical trigonometry?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
goodday, whats the price for 0.6mm aluminium long span
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eros(m): 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
Good evening great Engineers,

Please which is the best and LESS expensive water tank stand for a 5 bedroom bungalow, is it the Iron type or concrete?

I want to know which one will last longer.

I will also be grateful if you can tell me rough estimate for each.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ok. Enjoy your house sir!

Seeeeeeee:
the building is levelled already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 1:06am On Jul 13, 2020
coldcandy:

It appears there are no coaches of blocks placed after the lintel. At least 3 coaches should be placed on the lintel before roofing to avoid unnecessary cracks on the building walls due to the self weight of the roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 1:14am On Jul 13, 2020
eros:

Please which is the best and LESS expensive water tank stand for a 5 bedroom bungalow, is it the Iron type or concrete?

Thanks.

To me, the stanchion (steel type) is the more easy to construct, cheaper and durable as well. It stands the test of time if well braced and properly constructed.
The demerit concrete method has is that most time, water seeps on the base of the concrete which weakens its strength. Though in terms of stability, especially when big water tanks are to be put in place, concrete is better

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:04am On Jul 13, 2020
nifty247:
I have 73 plots @ Omi Adio. Please contact me on WhatsApp if you are interested. +966595543700

Location and prices please. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2020
Thanks...but durability can't depend on workmanship, rather that'll depend on the material. How much the material can withstand the test of time.

I found a China factory that makes it but the prices are not too far off from Aluminium, so will just stick to traditional Aluminum frames then.

saydfact:

They are stronger than the Aluminum types in my opinion... Offcourse, durability depends on workmanship.

It was used for our site office when we were constructing Shoprite Sangotedo and it lasted forever

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2020
eros:

Thanks.
Do not go the concrete way... Do an iron tank stand of about 16-18ft for optimum pressure level and it cost about 110 to 150,000. This stand can take up to 4 tanks (ensure to discuss this with your welder before contracting the work out)...

Ps: the price maybe cheaper if you want just a 2 tank stand max or even 1tank.

As for the advice against concrete: it's different shades of wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2020
Noted with thanks.

diordaves:

As you are the seller, you dictate the condition of sale.

The professional thing to do is to negotiate with YOUR agent before commissioning the (estate) agent to look for buyers. You negotiate what you think is commensurate with the amount of work done. 5% of 45 million is a lot of money just for leg work. Personally I will not pay that much.

Regarding legal fees, the buyer pays. You could draft a contract of sale with your lawyer for a fee irrespective of how much you eventually sell the property before putting the property in the market.

At the point of sale, you serve the drafted contract to the buyer who take it to their lawyer for interpretation. If the buyer are satisfied, they sign the contract and then make payment. Shikena.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 9:06am On Jul 13, 2020
Professional builders please help me check out this building with a single front pilar for the balcony. Can it stand the roof load? I will also welcome criticisms about the house.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 9:19am On Jul 13, 2020
Please what do you have to say about this building?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2020
What about if the concrete is covered with tiles?
Is that a good option?

tonididdy:

Do not go the concrete way... Do an iron tank stand of about 16-18ft for optimum pressure level and it cost about 110 to 150,000. This stand can take up to 4 tanks (ensure to discuss this with your welder before contracting the work out)...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 9:33am On Jul 13, 2020
chimexdnice1:
What about if the concrete is covered with tiles?
Is that a good option?

In my books it's no longer recommended.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 9:36am On Jul 13, 2020
Rexology:
Professional builders please help me check out this building with a single front pilar for the balcony. Can it stand the roof load? I will also welcome criticisms about the house.
If this is a dry area... Then I don't have to worry about your dpc level.
As for that one pillar (it's not even necessary if what I am seeing in the photo is a suspended beam)... If that's a suspended beam and of very good quality then you spoilt the beauty of that area with that pillar there... The pillar isn't necessary if the suspended beam was done top notched.

In this photo... Is something similar to what you are trying to achieve and it's beautiful without a pillar.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2020
nycobama:

Thanks for your response but I prefer someone from Ibadan.

Alright sir
Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eros(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2020
Kambols95:

To me, the stanchion (steel type) is the more easy to construct, cheaper and durable as well. It stands the test of time if well braced and properly constructed.
The demerit concrete method has is that most time, water seeps on the base of the concrete which weakens its strength. Though in terms of stability, especially when big water tanks are to be put in place, concrete is better

Thanks. I will be using one big and small tank.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eros(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2020
tonididdy:

Thank you so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: otedola1(m), Loftus(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.