Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,339 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4375982 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Pls how does the concealed wall WC look like . Attach picture for me .
megacontrol:
Please, can anyone that sells sanitary wares provide pictures, brand and prices of concealed (wall) WC that they have?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Beframia:
Hello Professionals in the house,
I have just commenced a 4-bedroom bungalow project, the blinding has just been done today (see attached pic), I don't intend to do a German floor because the land is not swampy and the builder advised that a thin water-proof membrane should just be laid on the foundation blocks after filling the hollows with concrete.
My concerns are:
1. Can pillars still be erected at some specific corners of the house considering the fact that blinding has already been done?
2. If the answer to 1 above is yes, what are the rod sizes/quantities and other materials needed for this (for five pillars) and what's the estimated labour costs?
Thanks.

1) Pillars can still erected, as long as the Blinding Mix is strong. Just intorduce a Baskets-Sort-of ontop of the Blinding.
2) Since it is a Bungalow, 12mm Iron Rods will do for the Pillars, just ensure that the Cement/Granite Mixture is strong, to give you a strong Pillar.
3) How did you arrive at five Pillars? Please Put Pillars at major Wall junctions that are load-bearing, to avoid stories.
4) Do a German floor, even if it is just three inches thick, it give stability to your structure and if you want your building to last the test of time, tie the Lintels together.

Well done.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
Johntemmy:

congrats. my bro. more wins.
Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
Empiree:
pardon me. I misread this from lawyer yesterday. I must be very angry at the time. I just took my time to read his comment again and it is 550k for the 2 acres not per 2 plots. That's why I freaked out.

Haaa!
Someone here said Survey is 400K/Plot or is this a mistake? shocked
I remember the thing caused a lot of back and forth for a few days. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
His number or handle pls.

Enyinne:
Femi , u can call him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
Attached.
Enyinne:
Pls how does the concealed wall WC look like . Attach picture for me .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
I guess the number was removed . Zero eight one six three 6461 five five. Thats it .Call him Femi
megacontrol:
His number or handle pls.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
money121:
Thanks sir

you welcome bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolajinoni1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
smallsmall:

Haaa!
that will be in lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
Exotic wall plaster finishes for your interior spaces.
We specialize in house painting and decorative plaster finishes and contemporary Italian wall designs such as:-
Venetian plaster
Istinto design
Travertino design
Bamboo design
Dragon design
Crocodile effect
Swahili design
Bagging design
Denim/Jeans design e. t. c
Call or WhatsApp 08090699076,08053187000
https:///message/UYEUNCDE4CCBN1
Contact us to transform your spaces.
We bring walls to life.
Check us out through our link for more pictures.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
megacontrol:
I am the SELLER (not agent)... asking how much percentage should be paid to agent that brings buyer and how much to pay to lawyer for sorting paperwork.

Its normally 5% but you can always negotiate with the agent. Depends on who you're working with
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thanks.. that looks more like it. But do you mean 5% to each of them or 5% total to be split btw Agent & Lawyer?

babeline:

Its normally 5% but you can always negotiate with the agent. Depends on who you're working with
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
smallsmall:

Haaa!
That must be the red copy survey which is used for C of O and the price is dependent on the area, I mean survey in Lekki is not same as in Alagbado.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Guys, I came across a sliding window made with PVC frames instead of the regular aluminium and was told it has been making inroads for a while now as a substitute to the high-end Tower or Thick imported profiles.

Does anyone have experience using casement or sliding windows made with PVC?

Kindly share.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thanks ma'am for the recommendation.

I'm grateful.

God bless you.

Enyinne:
I guess the number was removed . Zero eight one six three 6461 five five. Thats it .Call him Femi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
How is this roofing builders in the house, please I need answers

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
This is a design that identifies the needs and required elements of space management.

On this 30 x 15 plot, we designed a 3 units of 3 bedroom duplex, all rooms ensuite and cross ventilated

https://www.nairaland.com/5783134/thread-bungalow-designs.we-offer-planningdesigning/1

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Beframia:
Hello Professionals in the house,
I have just commenced a 4-bedroom bungalow project, the blinding has just been done today (see attached pic), I don't intend to do a German floor because the land is not swampy and the builder advised that a thin water-proof membrane should just be laid on the foundation blocks after filling the hollows with concrete.
My concerns are:
1. Can pillars still be erected at some specific corners of the house considering the fact that blinding has already been done?
2. If the answer to 1 above is yes, what are the rod sizes/quantities and other materials needed for this (for five pillars) and what's the estimated labour costs?
Thanks.
Are u raising the building if yes, use 16mm if not 12 mm is OK. Meanwhile ifu can afford a German floor, go ahead and do it, if it's just 4 inches thickness, it's OK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Seeeeeeee:
?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
megacontrol:
Thanks.. that looks more like it. But do you mean 5% to each of them or 5% total to be split btw Agent & Lawyer?

As you are the seller, you dictate the condition of sale.

The professional thing to do is to negotiate with YOUR agent before commissioning the (estate) agent to look for buyers. You negotiate what you think is commensurate with the amount of work done. 5% of 45 million is a lot of money just for leg work. Personally I will not pay that much.

Regarding legal fees, the buyer pays. You could draft a contract of sale with your lawyer for a fee irrespective of how much you eventually sell the property before putting the property in the market.

At the point of sale, you serve the drafted contract to the buyer who take it to their lawyer for interpretation. If the buyer are satisfied, they sign the contract and then make payment. Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thanks sir , I appreciate ur kind gestures and direction on the project . God bless u richly
QSFemi:
Thanks ma'am for the recommendation.

I'm grateful.

God bless you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
Seeeeeeee:
defects should be from the wood works, not straight.. take multiple pictures of it from different sides Sir so that u can get more advice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
defects should be from the wood works, not straight.. take multiple pictures of it from different sides Sir so that u can get more advice
I see it's from wood work, the look is something else grin grin grin don't know after plastering
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
Seeeeeeee:
I see it's from wood work, the look is something else grin grin grin don't know after plastering
if there is no leakage during this raining period, just ignore.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Any good furniture man here resides in ibadan ? I need to build Hdf skeleton work for my kitchen. Where can I get this from

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seeeeeeee: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
if there is no leakage during this raining period, just ignore.
no wahala
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
JWTheocracy1:

Thank you. Any idea of 16mm today proce in replacement of the 20mm? I will tell him not to use the 20mm as quoted.
Also, between metecopo and stone coated roofing sheets, which one is more durable considering a location where it rains more often? I was advised against stone coated by a seller I contacted off here, with reason that there's always a leakage experience... he told me to go for metecopo. Please which one is best recommended to be used ?

Seriously? You were told that stone coated leaks? And Metcoppo is better? Mayeb that person is trying to sell Metcoopo to you but it's wrong to say Stone coated leaks!!!

I think you should read my thread if you have time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Any good furniture man here resides in ibadan ? I need to build Hdf skeleton work for my kitchen. Where can I get this from

We are FURNITURE maker based in Lagos, we work anywhere in Nigeria..you can forward your kitchen plan to get our quote for your kitchen carcass.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
joycluv:
Current prize of 0.45mm Long span Aluminium sheets needed plz. Thanks!

Current prices.
Location- Lagos

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mexxy1(m): 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
Charisdesigns:
This is a design that identifies the needs and required elements of space management.

On this 30 x 15 plot, we designed a 3 units of 3 bedroom duplex, all rooms ensuite and cross ventilated

https://www.nairaland.com/5783134/thread-bungalow-designs.we-offer-planningdesigning/1

Lovely design but, I'm curious to know how you got 601sqm as area for a 30mX15m plot.

Correct area should be 450sqm.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:01am On Jul 12, 2020
mufutau55:

Nothing. The guy love tiles... and now you have a groto. smiley

Hajji M.

The house looks like it never had a plan. Like they were just deciding what to do spontaneously.

The level of windows is cringeworthy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Itzkingtimmy(m), Obinnau(m), HonexProjects51 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.