Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388954 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2020
yak:

thanks sir...
hope a 12mm rod is ok
12mm is Perfect Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2020
One4me:

The money wasted on this una High-Rise Roof would have build another self contained with the main Bungalow. angry
I can understand when Rich people who built expansive Storey buildings or Duplexes decide on this sort of Roof but for a 'managing Bungalow' to be doing 'l-follow-come' like this is really funny! grin grin
Just look at the height of your building above the ground, it does not take much imagination that this house will experience flooded rooms in no time, except it is built on a Rock, which l am certain it is not , looking at the environment.

The owner does not need this sort of Roof for his small project, it is not fitting, a waste fo money and ridiculous bu tit i snot my money, so make l shutup
Ok thanks i will deliver ur msg to the owner
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2020
Person2person:

The skin door is 46k with hdf frame and architraves
Great.

I have about 22 doors in total, out of which 5or 6 are entrance doors which would either be Nigerian Fabrication metal or Turkey/Chinese.

But for the internal doors which would be about 15-16, can I engage you for the modern frame similar to the ones you posted?

I'll be going for the skin doors, which someone would give based on previous agreement, but not frames. Hence, I would like to get the modern frames done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2020
*HAPPY LIFE ESTATE MOWE OFADA*

Happy Life estate is designed to offer an affordable living experience in a friendly neighbourhood with good road network and other great benefits. 10 minutes’ drive from the redemption camp.

The Estate is a gated community designed to serve as a unique residential and light commercial environment with provision for sporting and recreational centres.

*Title:* Survey and Deed
*Size* 600sqm
*Price* Outright N1,500,000
6 Months N1,600,000
12 Months N1,700,000

*Ileya Promo Offer*
Buy 2 Plots and Get 10% Discount on Outright
Buy 5 Plots Get 1 Plot Free

*Statutory Fee*
1. Documentation Fee: N100,000
2. Survey Fee: N200,000
3. Development Fee: N400,000

*ESTATE BENEFITS*

- Good Road Network
- Recreation & Public Facilities
- Beautiful garden
- Free from all forms of government and omoniles wahala.

*NEIGHBOURHOOD ATTRACTIONS*

- Nestle Modern Factory
- Redemption Camp
- Chrisland University
- KICC University
- Trinity International School
- Adequate road network

For payment details and Inspection call/whatsapp 07061960316

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by customised87: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2020
House please, for wiring of a building, which is advisable between full conduit and Half conduit?
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2020
davodyguy:

Great.

I have about 22 doors in total, out of which 5or 6 are entrance doors which would either be Nigerian Fabrication metal or Turkey/Chinese.

But for the internal doors which would be about 15-16, can I engage you for the modern frame similar to the ones you posted?

I'll be going for the skin doors, which someone would give based on previous agreement, but not frames. Hence, I would like to get the modern frames done

thanks for your interest.

The frame and architraves only with installation is 18, 500 each.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2020
customised87:
House please, for wiring of a building, which is advisable between full conduit and Half conduit?
Thanks

the difference in cost is not that much... rather go for full conduit for safety as well

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:31am On Jul 24, 2020
customised87:
Thanks

Go for full conduit for safety purpose. The cos difference is not that much as stated by Kenny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nannymcphee(f): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by customised87: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
twinskenny:

the difference in cost is not that much... rather go for full conduit for safety as well

topsy23:

Go for full conduit for safety purpose. The cos difference is not that much as stated by Kenny

Thank you for this but someone says when there is an electrical fault, it is not always easy to rectify if it is full conduit unlike half conduit.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
customised87:

Thank you for this but someone says when there is an electrical fault, it is not always easy to rectify if it is full conduit unlike half conduit.
lol whos saying that?? you prefer to have junk of wire without identification on your roof? scary stuff sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
Alrt, check my signature.
Shegman22:
we charge #5,000 per sqm.. we can't talk better on WhatsApp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
12mm is not bad. Also make sure one of the burglary is openable at any hidden place that almost everyone in the house can access, just for security reason.
Best of luck to you
yak:

thanks sir...
hope a 12mm rod is ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
nannymcphee:
Please can someone help out. how do I maximize this space?

1. The estate rule is that the building should have 3m space on the back and sides, while 6m in the front

2. I had the concept of 1unit of 3bedroom and 2units of 2bedroom bungalow in mind. I plan to demarcate the 3bedroom from the 2bedroom. Everyone goes in through the 2bedroom side. occupants of 3bedroom goes to their side. The estate does not allow 2 external Gates into the land but will turn a blind eye to an internal one. I equally need space on the 3bedroom side.

3. If 2 is not feasible in terms of getting space on the 3bedroom space, I might consider story building. 4units. 3bedroom and 2bedroom on ground floor, then same on 1st floor. my issue with this is funds for completion and I will have to share space with the occupant on 1st floor on the 3bedroom side. 3bedroom duplex attached with 2units of 2bedroom story building will give me the Isolated space I need on the 3bedroom side.

4. Please can someone share ideas with me

Summary:I want to maximize space, have a personal building(3bedroom) cut off from the tenants then building for tenancy(estate rule, not more than 4flats for this land). I am on a budget too. if I build my 3bedroom now, I will have to reapply for another building approval to add additional structures hence the need to capture everything once(Approval cost 100k)

Rent in this Estate goes for

2bedroom goes for 220-250k PA

1bedroom goes for 130-160k PA

Self contain goes for 84-120k PA

CC
mufutau55
spyder880
abdulwastecx
erico2k2 et al

There are lot of ways to deal with this.
A similar design has been done before for a client.
You can chat me on whatsapp for details 08108408732.
Will also guide you on how to go about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lol grin
money121:

Ok thanks i will deliver ur msg to the owner
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
Abolarin91:
12mm is not bad. Also make sure one of the burglary is openable at any hidden place that almost everyone in the house can access, just for security reason.
Best of luck to you

I will talk that over with the iron bender...
to do something we can use key to lock

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hapiness44(f): 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
Good evening all.

My husband makes beautiful and unique furnitures for homes, offices, schools, hotels, etc.

Kindly go through the thread I created to showcase his jobs, you can contact us on +2348037894471

https://www.nairaland.com/4545349/please-check-out-beautiful-unique

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
GoodFaith:

Let me school you Benin one or two soakaway
. Digging: 18k or one 12x6 nd 12 ft deep
2. 250 pieces of 6'' solid blocks @190 :
3. 12 bags of cement @2500-
4. 14 length of 12mm @ 2200/length
5. 4 length of 8mm @1200 -
6. 1 trip of sharp sand - 27k**********? theft You can mold block and use the rest for setting
7. 1 trip of plastering sand - 28k *********? theft
8. 1 trip of gum sand - 28k--****************?? theft
9. 1 trip of 3/8 - 29k*************** theft
10. 1/2 roll of binding wire - 1500
11. Iron Bender - 4k
Carpenter 4k
12. Labor -
setting 3 bricklayer and services
All Casting just let say 2 bricklayer and 2 services
Plastering 2 bricklayer and one service
two soakaway is about 330k (12X 6, and 12 feet deep excluding blocks and cements

Bros, you dug a 12ft soakaway and septic tank for 18,000 naira? That's quite cheap.

Also, 12 bags for block setting for both soakaway and septic tank, flooring, plastering, casting columns (pillars) and also decking it?

How about carpentary?

If you have to buy granite, I'm very sure you will spend up to 400k on a standard soakaway.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeffdaniel(m): 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Good evening Guys, please what are the prices of Sharp Sands and Granites. I have a site around Iyana-Ipaja area. I feel the prices they are giving me for 15 tons is on the high side. They said the tipper are loading from Ogun State.

Also, can I get a contact to deliver in the said area.

Thank you for your responses.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
JustCryptos:

How recent was this? I don't have any intention to park a car there. I just want it to be safe enough for children to walk on or even play over.

Location is PH. I think the dimension is 8*10 and 11 feet deep or so. I'll confirm that from the engineer.

But here's the breakdown:

1. Digging: 32k
2. 300 pieces of 6'' solid blocks @250 : 75k
3. 25 bags of cement @2700 - 67.5k
4. 35 length of 12mm @ 2300/length - 80.5k
5. 7 length of 8mm @1300 - 9100
6. 1 trip of sharp sand - 27k
7. 1 trip of plastering sand - 28k
8. 1 trip of gum sand - 28k
9. 1 trip of 3/8 - 29k
10. 1/2 roll of binding wire - 5k
11. Iron Bender - 30k
12. Labor - 70k

Total - #453,100
I noticed there was nothing like carpenter here. So, this may even be higher.

Bros, You can reduce costs.

1) 9" Blocks around Elelenwo, Igbo Etche, Eleme, even Rumokoro is 170 for stone dust and 160 for ordinary. 6" solid is same price. I still bought yesterday.

2) cement is 2500.

3.) Except your land is a swamp, you dont need 35 lengths.

4.) Buy 1 small trip of sharpsand and 1 small trip of plaster sand. It won't finish.

Labour can be reduced too.

Carpentary will also cost you about 40k or thereabout
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
twinskenny:
lol whos saying that?? you prefer to have junk of wire without identification on your roof? scary stuff sir

A client told me this and insisted on it.. He said his childhood friend told him half conduit is better. And that ful conduit cannot be easily repaired.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Bros, You can reduce costs.

1) 9" Blocks around Elelenwo, Igbo Etche, Eleme, even Rumokoro is 170 for stone dust and 160 for ordinary. 6" solid is same price. I still bought yesterday.

2) cement is 2500.

3.) Except your land is a swamp, you dont need 35 lengths.

4.) Buy 1 small trip of sharpsand and 1 small trip of plaster sand. It won't finish.

Labour can be reduced too.

Carpentary will also cost you about 40k or thereabout

Thanks man. We've started digging today and surprisingly someone was there to help me cut the cost.

For the blocks, I am settling for vibrated 6'' solid. The thing about the cement is I pay in bulk close to the site and they deliver 1 or 2 as the workers demand for it. The store is close to the site. This way, I don't have to deal with rain or no rain.

For point 4. Someone said I should buy sharp sand and add a little gum sand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Bros, you dug a 12ft soakaway and septic tank for 18,000 naira? That's quite cheap.

Also, 12 bags for block setting for both soakaway and septic tank, flooring, plastering, casting columns (pillars) and also decking it?

How about carpentary?

If you have to buy granite, I'm very sure you will spend up to 400k on a standard soakaway.

The aboki in PH insisted 32k last. Someone else insisted 35k. Just to transfer soakaway laterite to fill foundation they are calling 20k. I will go and do it myself.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
jeffdaniel:
Good evening Guys, please what are the prices of Sharp Sands and Granites. I have a site around Iyana-Ipaja area. I feel the prices they are giving me for 15 tons is on the high side. They said the tipper are loading from Ogun State.

Also, can I get a contact to deliver in the said area.

Thank you for your responses.

contact Checkitaut
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeffdaniel(m): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

contact Checkitaut

Ok. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
JustCryptos:

The aboki in PH insisted 32k last. Someone else insisted 35k. Just to transfer soakaway laterite to fill foundation they are calling 20k. I will go and do it myself.

Bros if you try it, you fit land for hospital o.. grin

You can try the "per day" option. Pay 2k each per labourer and supervise them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
JustCryptos:

Thanks man. We've started digging today and surprisingly someone was there to help me cut the cost.

For the blocks, I am settling for vibrated 6'' solid. The thing about the cement is I pay in bulk close to the site and they deliver 1 or 2 as the workers demand for it. The store is close to the site. This way, I don't have to deal with rain or no rain.

For point 4. Someone said I should buy sharp sand and add a little gum sand.

Same way I do with cement here too. Infact we had to buy nylon to cover things once rain starts.

Is your site around Igwuritta?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:03am On Jul 25, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

contact Checkitaut
Thanks Bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:07am On Jul 25, 2020
jeffdaniel:

Ok. Thanks
20tons Sharp Sand @N110k
30tons Sharp Sand @N130k
30tons Lagos Sharp Sand @N80,000
30tons Granite @N180,000
20tons Granite@ N140,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 12:16am On Jul 25, 2020
You can have your Aluminium works done by us @ perfect touch Aluminium . Tel:08153665659whatsapp

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ridwando, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Deeegbee, Scrap and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.