Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389263 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:30am On Jul 25, 2020
Aventures:
@ Archaran, you don't need to use fake monikers to promote your biz. Note that there are great.minds and intellects on this thread and NL in general. From the English construction of the two post recommending you makes me suspicious, and this lead me to check the profile of the two monikers and I discovered that the two monikers we're registered same day 25th of October. Bros I don't mean to burst your bubble but note that whatever will be will be just be yourself. One luv and wishing you the best.

Interesting community �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 25, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aquilapriscilla: 2:14am On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=JustCryptos post=92066855]

The aboki in PH insisted 32k last. Someone else insisted 35k. Just to transfer soakaway laterite to fill foundation they are calling 20k. I will go and do
Get as many labourers as possible according to the number of rooms you want to fill let each of them come with their wheelbarrow and shovel so that work will move fast, then negotiate with them per room
If you negotiate per day they might not finish that day and the next day they will demand for another money

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 4:43am On Jul 25, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Same way I do with cement here too. Infact we had to buy nylon to cover things once rain starts.

Is your site around Igwuritta?

Yes. Igwurita Ali
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2020
Roofed by ImranRoofing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:39am On Jul 25, 2020
Person2person:

solid flush internal door and polished panel patterned skin door.

Please how much is the dark brown in the market. Does it also comes with frame? If yes how much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:22am On Jul 25, 2020
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ikorodu Lagos State
Roof Design : Bond Design
Colour: Red
Roof meters: =298Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2020
His breakdown amaze me too but I don't have time to argue.
KolaShangOne:

Bros, you dug a 12ft soakaway and septic tank for 18,000 naira? That's quite cheap.

Also, 12 bags for block setting for both soakaway and septic tank, flooring, plastering, casting columns (pillars) and also decking it?

How about carpentary?

If you have to buy granite, I'm very sure you will spend up to 400k on a standard soakaway.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2020
Granite is kind of expensive this days, 30ton is 200k+ now
jeffdaniel:
Good evening Guys, please what are the prices of Sharp Sands and Granites. I have a site around Iyana-Ipaja area. I feel the prices they are giving me for 15 tons is on the high side. They said the tipper are loading from Ogun State.

Also, can I get a contact to deliver in the said area.

Thank you for your responses.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2020
Do it yourself? grin you won't even try it sir, it might take you one month to recover from the body pain
JustCryptos:

The aboki in PH insisted 32k last. Someone else insisted 35k. Just to transfer soakaway laterite to fill foundation they are calling 20k. I will go and do it myself.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:45am On Jul 25, 2020
Hello.

My Tiler just delivered this work as finished. When I inquired about the cement “film” on the surface he claims that cleaning it is not part of his package. That it requires chemical and is extra work to be paid for.

Is this industry standard or is he taking a piss?

Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2020
customised87:

Thank you for this but someone says when there is an electrical fault, it is not always easy to rectify if it is full conduit unlike half conduit.

Except the conduit is not properly done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2020
Abolarin91:
Granite is kind of expensive this days, 30ton is 200k+ now

When I hear these prices I’m happy that I only build in Ibadan.

I got 20 tons delivered yesterday for N75K in Omi Adio.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by profralph: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2020
You can become a land owner with just #700000/#800000
If you buy 2plots of lands you get 1plot of land for free, yes I said for free.
Land situated close to Tropicana Beach Resort

For more details contact
https://reigconsultantcode.yolasite.com/code1.php

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Hello.

My Tiler just delivered this work as finished. When I inquired about the cement “film” on the surface he claims that cleaning it is not part of his package. That it requires chemical and is extra work to be paid for.

Thanks.
these things don't have industrial standard. I think a worker should deliver a perfect job. Cleaning the tiles won't take him more than two days. It will endear him to you and tomorrow you are definitely going to look for him. Some people don't understand how competitive the market is becoming. A single job can bring a million more to you

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rockyheight: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2020
How many bedrooms are in this building sir

Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ikorodu Lagos State
Roof Design : Bond Design
Colour: Red
Roof meters: =298Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
michlins:
these things don't have industrial standard. I think a worker should deliver a perfect job. Cleaning the tiles won't take him more than two days. It will endear him to you and tomorrow you are definitely going to look for him. Some people don't understand how competitive the market is becoming. A single job can bring a million more to you

Okay thanks. I'll engage another tiler to do the cleanup for me.

This Tiler was going to start tiling my 4,000 square feet bungalow next. Additionally he would have also tiled the 5 3 bedroom flats we started building. This is the Security Station and Welcome Center that he pulled this stunt on.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Okay thanks. I'll engage another tiler to do the cleanup for me.

This Tiler was going to start tiling my 4,000 square feet bungalow next. Additionally he would have also tiled the 5 3 bedroom flats we started building. This is the Security Station and Welcome Center that he pulled this stunt on.
please oga let it be known that I'm not a tiler and I know absolutely nothing about their terms of work. I'm just speaking for myself and how I do my work. I will clean the tiles without even you seeing it and won't leave it that dirty. Nothing beats a neat work even if it's temporary.

Make enquires about the standard

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Hello.

Thanks.

He's obviously taking a piss. This is not standard not to talk of industry standard. He's mearnt to clean up with a wet sponge as he goes along. If he's a tiler by any definition of the profession, he knows this. It's a deliberate act to milk the job and get more. I will show him the highway.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by concordetz: 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
I need a builder who understands foundation in waterlogged area. Please call me on 09093172957

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omololu251(m): 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
I can be of help.

What's the location and have you done soil test?

concordetz:
I need a builder who understands foundation in waterlogged area. Please call me on 09093172957
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Bros, you dug a 12ft soakaway and septic tank for 18,000 naira? That's quite cheap.

Also, 12 bags for block setting for both soakaway and septic tank, flooring, plastering, casting columns (pillars) and also decking it?

How about carpentary?

If you have to buy granite, I'm very sure you will spend up to 400k on a standard soakaway.

digging was 18k and two was 36k if I was in town the correct price should be 15k for one
Carpenter was 20k
Welder 17k
One of the soakawat was decked
30 bags of cement but my projection was 26 bags
7 bricklayer and 7 services--for both
plastering 4 bricklayer and two services -- I should have done 3 bricklayers and two services
first casting for both one bricklayer and 2 services
second casting for both one bricklayer and 2 services
Third one soakaway slap, the other decked and gate one bricklayer and 2 services
37 12mm iron
5 8mm iron
I have granite
have blocks
18plank -----I am mad as hell for what?
I think they still catch me ---for over 40k to 60k because I wasn't there
Daily bricklayer 3500 and service 2500
I previously did other two soakawy about three month back
it cost me over 150k more than the new one--I got played
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2020
JustCryptos:

Yes. Igwurita Ali
Please what's the cost of a plot at Igwuruta Ali now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbyrose: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Good day all, please I need your help. I want to erect the perimeter fence with 4 shops and a toilet on the 60ft side.The plot is 60ft x 100 ft. Kindly assist with materials and cost for blocks, sand, granite, cement, roofing etc.The land is in Ibadan on a dry terrain.
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
I need a very reliable plumber to quote for a twin duplex project in Lekki.

Ready now to start installing pipes before plastering
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
femidbuilder:

Engr how you Dey?

Call this guy he will deliver
+234 816 281 1003

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
femidbuilder:

Do you have a mechanical design drawing for the project.
Is the decking pipe in place
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
lawofeso:
I need a quote for these product to be delivered to Igode in Ikorodu
4 lorry of filling sand
2 lorry of sharp sand
30 tons of granite stone
70 bags of cement

How is development in Igode now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

Please what's the cost of a plot at Igwuruta Ali now?

From 2 million up. You'd be lucky to see at 1.5 million though. But be wary of areas close to the stadium. Someone tried to seel government land to me.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
JustCryptos:

From 2 million up. You'd be lucky to see at 1.5 million though. But be wary of areas close to the stadium. Someone tried to seel government land to me.

Ok, I got one at omagwa recently, I was billed over 200K just to develop it. I plan on getting another but in same LGA. Thanks a lot, I appreciate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donwizfit2(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=davodyguy post=91992460]
I'm still looking at quote and your price is very very competitive, with beautiful design. Only challenge is location[/quote
we also fabricate quality Aluminum doors and windows and we are based in Lagos you can contact us through 08028360829

(1) (2) (3) ... (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) ... (3667) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.