Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4445098 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
decimator:
Good day house.
Practically , what is the maximum distance a beam can span between two supports using 12mm rods for both support and beam.

There's nothing like practically in structural Analysis of structure's, there's a code and guideline so Theoretically

Using 12mm grade 410 rebar depends on the loads coming to the beam example I may decide to put 4 no's of 12mm road in a 3m span beam or put 8no's in same 3m span due to the load coming to it..

But for span in beam is define by how deep ur beam is , so cater for deflection..

Provide d layout and purpose of d design and I will tell you the best reinforcement to use..
But practically without adequate measure it will WORk and fail soonest..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ebukamatth(m): 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Don't forget that the beauty of your house is nice electricity
Contact us to make your house as beautiful as heaven. O81three216three248

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mjolnir: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
diordaves:

Mine was from ebay UK about three years ago and still working as at my last visit to Nigeria before the pandemic.

OK, brand name or picture would be great, there are so many fakes out there. thnks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
rotecch77:

Go to jubowu pop cement materials mkt you will get it there
Price range 2600-2900
I bought some their last 3 weeks ago

Thanks, I needed something like this (attached below) in the local market. I couldn't find both in jibowu and mushin. So I had to fabricate myself, picture attached.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Badgers14:

Do you mind sharing the pictures of the Openable burglary? grin

I had an idea once, drew a sketch, sent it to a welder.. he said oga dem no dey build that kind here.. even my uncle that declared himself an engineer grin ( he was just supervising the work, I had a real engineer on site). Both said em em , my son.. they don't do that kind here angry

Certainly, l would have done so along with my post but l am not within reach of building as l type right now, it will take a few weeks to get to it as Covid-19 restrictions are still in force with respect to Flights in some places.
But l will revisit my Post and add the Picture.

Thanks.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
beamNIGERIA:

Thanks, I needed something like this (attached below) in the local market. I couldn't find both in jibowu and mushin. So I had to fabricate myself, picture attached.

Hello, please show more pictures of that skirting board you have there. I like it more than using tiles for skirting. It seems using skirting boards is more expensive than tiles but it brings out finer details and more beautiful than using tiles.

Almost all builds in Nigeria uses same floor tiles for their skirting. I like the white board skirting thing more than tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=mrsteel post=94142481]
Request for d PDF copy of d drawings from ur architect & send it to anyone that wish to help u with d estimate.

[/quote}

am not in nigeria at the moment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
bebe2:
here is the architect drawing.

professionals in the house pls can you give a rough estimate of how much it will take to
complete this rental property.
its a very dry land .

i want standard finishing , nothing too fancy.
the bed room size are 12 by 11 and the living rooms are 16 by 14.

@ericko2k2 @rotecch77, @spyder880, @egunmogaji and others plssss i need your input
as this will help me decide if to build it or concentrate on other projects.

p.s : the property already has soak away, borehole and an over head tank.

thanks

@ericko2k2 @rotecch77, @spyder880, @egunmogaji and others plssss i need your input

am on my knees, please. i know u wont have the exact but a loose estimate will give me a guide.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
lastpage:

Certainly, l would have done so along with my post but l am not within reach of building as l type right now, it will take a few weeks to get to it as Covid-19 restrictions are still in force with respect to Flights in some places.
But l will revisit my Post and add the Picture.

Thanks.

Lastpage!

Thanks in advance. Your contributions on this forum are highly appreciated Chief.

And if any metalworker on this forum wants to run with the concept, especially as a retro-fit option, there would be a good market for this.

Cc Michlin (and any other metal fabricator)

Personally I have over two dozen windows where this can be deployed, again as a retrofit.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
bebe2:

am on my knees, please. i know u wont have the exact but a loose estimate will give me a guide.

Humble apologies but this is not my forte Madam.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=bebe2 post=94174520][/quote]
U don't need to be in Nigeria
PDF is soft copy
The architect will send it to u via email or WhatsApp. Then u can forward it to any QS that wish to help u with d estimate via email or WhatsApp too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 12:25am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

and others plssss i need your input

Guess estimate is not always accurate, but something around 10m - 12m since it is a whole structure. Just that building materials keep increasing on a daily basis these days. U have been contemplating whether to continue with this build, if your mind no catch am, it is best u leave it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:46am On Sep 22, 2020
jabolo:

Thanks in advance. Your contributions on this forum are highly appreciated Chief.

And if any metalworker on this forum wants to run with the concept, especially as a retro-fit option, there would be a good market for this.

Cc Michlin (and any other metal fabricator)

Personally I have over two dozen windows where this can be deployed, again as a retrofit.
drop a measurement and I will make you a concept. If it's ok with you,we can run the rest
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 22, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 5:05am On Sep 22, 2020
I for one do not worry about what everyone is doing. If a tenant is too big for what i have to rent, they are way too big to be a renter; i always advise them to go build their own house. Most ROI on renter in " Big Area Codes" like Lekki are in the Mid Single digit like 4% -6%. You buy land for 10M conservatively, Build with 45M. Then rent for 2M...

I have a studio apartment that i used as experiment. The first unit cost me #1.8M; POP, Sweethome toilet, Marble slabs etc. The subsequent ones were without POP and the #45k Sweethome toilet. Guess what? the after units with less expensive fixtures commanded 40K per annum more than the first unit.

It good to build luxury homes, but let it be because you want it so, not because you think the market demands it. In a country like Nigeria with City with massive home shortage, 17M units shortage per year; what Nigerians need is a Clean, Safe and Affordable accomodation, not luxury. Like i said above, any tenant that wants luxury, he or she should go build his or her own. Lobaton!!!

BrabusNG:

I did a project here and we were looking at spending about N15m in 2015 to import fortified glass only. We will fabicate the frames here.

I told the client “There’s no sense in this no matter how hard you try to convince me. We want to put a N20m window in a house where we used N150 naira block.”

That was the end of the story!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:04am On Sep 22, 2020
true2home:
I for one do not worry about what everyone is doing . If a tenant is too big for what i have to rent, they are way too big to be a renter; i always advise them to go build their own house . Most ROI on renter in " Big Area Codes" like Lekki are in the Mid Single digit like 4% -6%. You buy land for 10M conservatively, Build with 45M. Then rent for 2M...

I have a studio apartment that i used as experiment. The first unit cost me #1.8M; POP, Sweethome toilet, Marble slabs etc. The subsequent ones were without POP and the #45k Sweethome toilet. Guess what? the after units with less expensive fixtures commanded 40K per annum more than the first unit.

It good to build luxury homes, but let it be because you want it so, not because you think the market demands it. In a country like Nigeria with City with massive home shortage, 17M units shortage per year; what Nigerians need is a Clean, Safe and Affordable accomodation, not luxury Like i said above, any tenant that wants luxury, he or she should go build his or her own. Lobaton!!!

That say it all,.....SOME Nigerians dreams/demand are too wild to be regarded as common sense......The advance world standard we are tripping to emulate uses average quality materials for finishing in their buildings but with quality handwork, clean, safe, and above all affordable to majority of the society classes they have. Anyone is free to spend his money as he wishes but the basic necessities in a house or apartment is just more than enough.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 6:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Good morning,

Please how are tilers paid? Do they charge per square meter or what? What should be the standard charge for installing 400m² tiles?

Please what's the standard dimensions that should be dug for waste water and septic tank? How much will be good for the labours to dig them?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2020
true2home:
I for one do not worry about what everyone is doing. [b]If a tenant is too big for what i have to rent, they are way too big to be a renter; i always advise them to go build their own house[/b]Most ROI on renter in " Big Area Codes" like Lekki are in the Mid Single digit like 4% -6%. You buy land for 10M conservatively, Build with 45M. Then rent for 2M...

It good to build luxury homes, but let it be because you want it so, not because you think the market demands it. [b]In a country like Nigeria with City with massive home shortage, 17M units shortage per year; what Nigerians need is a Clean, Safe and Affordable accomodation, not luxury. Like i said above, any tenant that wants luxury, he or she should go build his or her own. Lobaton!!!

the bolded knocked me out completely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2020
Good morning.
contact me for your roofing woods,roofing materials and General roofing contract.
we will serve you better and give you the best.

Topsroofing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2020
I believe that this satisfies all and sundry.

Grass areas, trees, lots of concrete, small house, big house, duplex, flats grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAL0bB4qzw

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2020
Rotech77Ditto:

You can used “Turkish made rugged pvc toilet door

Still your one and only “rotecch77”

Are these doors locally made or imported?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DEGREE2466(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2020
Dubemcapital1:

No 1 goes well with me. cool

My brother, I didn't ask for price before taking pictures. That number 1 is 1.6 million.

Number 3 is about 500k

I had to settle for the one attached which I got for 360k

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2020
Muyi002:

Clearly stated above “Turkish made”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2020
beamNIGERIA:

What available in mkt is fiber and plastic type.

I did something close to this your own with HDF board about 4yrs ago for NL member too somewhere in Ajah area

I love this your design very unique

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 9:27am On Sep 22, 2020
mrsteel:

Guess estimate is not always accurate, but something around 10m - 12m since it is a whole structure. Just that building materials keep increasing on a daily basis these days. U have been contemplating whether to continue with this build, if your mind no catch am, it is best u leave it.

thanks for dat,
i can easily use dat money to start of my land in abraham adesanya.
that opic land has been there for over 8yrs and it feels like a waste.
but no need throwing good money after bad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Humble apologies but this is not my forte Madam.

no worries,
tnk u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2020
DEGREE2466:

My brother, I didn't ask for price before taking pictures. That number 1 is 1.6 million.

Number 3 is about 500k

I had to settle for the one attached which I got for 360k
where's the location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

thanks for dat,

l also have some real Estate investment within that Opic axis but the problem with that area is the roads, that igbesa / sokoto road and the one that comes from Mile2 Agbara axis is terrible

if and only if Ogun state government addresses the roads issues within that axis it will be fine and it will drive the value of real estate investment up and that location has over 150 companies surrounding the axis, ranging from banks, University, polytechnic, flour mill, smitkline beecham, nestle foods, igbesa / Chinese free Zone port and several small and medium scale businesses but yet with terrible bad roads

Winners Chapel of Oyedepo wanted to fix the roads from Agbara estate to Otta but Ogun state government wanted the cash to be given to them and the church backed off because the governor will use the money to eat amala and bokoto, does Ogun state have a Governor angry

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 10:44am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

thanks for dat,

You’d spent about same amount building in both location but one gives higher ROI than the other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

You’d spent about same amount building in both location but one gives higher ROI than the other.

lekki its far more expensive o, the foundation alone can cost 10,illion

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:07am On Sep 22, 2020
Muyi002:

Allegedly imported from Turkey.

It could be made in Nigeria and rebranded.

It could have been made in any other country and rebranded.

Nigeria jagajaga.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

lekki its far more expensive o, the foundation alone can cost 10,illion

grin grin

Foundation of what size of building are we talking about?

Four years ago, I did thecarcass of most of my projects in Lekki with 10 - 15m

The most expensive carcass is about N20m and the footprint is almost a full plot of land.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: osazeoou, Jalofun, Baz1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.