Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390775 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

grin grin

Foundation of what size of building are we talking about?

Four years ago, I did thecarcass of most of my projects in Lekki with 10 - 15m

The most expensive carcass is about N20m and the footprint is almost a full plot of land.

hm, but people here will tell you foundation in lekki is billions of naira?
even a friend that built in lekki county said foundation alone was almost 10mil.
people say all sorts, which doesnt help inexperienced people like me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 11:20am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

even a friend that built in lekki county said foundation alone was almost 10mil.

Most of my clients are here. I doubt 2 people can come out and say they paid over 15m for their carcass and those two knew the size of their project and the materials used.

I won’t be able to share those projects though but if you seek, you shall find. Just dig.

How much do you think developers pay per unit?

Let’s not go into this tho. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 11:20am On Sep 22, 2020
AngelicBeing:

l also have some real Estate investment within that Opic axis but the problem with that area is the roads, that igbesa / sokoto road and the one that comes from Mile2 Agbara axis is terrible

if and only if Ogun state government addresses the roads issues within that axis it will be fine and it will drive the value of real estate investment up and that location has over 150 companies surrounding the axis, ranging from banks, University, polytechnic, flour mill, smitkline beecham, nestle foods, igbesa / Chinese free Zone port and several small and medium scale businesses but yet with terrible bad roads

Winners Chapel of Oyedepo wanted to fix the roads from Agbara estate to Otta but Ogun state government wanted the cash to be given to them and the church backed off because the governor will use the money to eat amala and bokoto, does Ogun state have a Governor angry

i remember when they proposed that 8 lane to badagry i was jumping joy, but like all things naija it never saw the light of day.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 11:24am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

I’m not saying there are no foundation worth that amount or even more. You can pull off the foundation of a basic 4 bed duplex on a fair land in Lekki with N5,000,000.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

Most of my clients are here. I doubt 2 people can come out and say they paid over 15m for their carcass and those two knew the size of their project and the materials used.

I won’t be able to share those projects though but if you seek, you shall find. Just dig.

How much do you think developers pay per unit?

Let’s not go into this tho. lipsrsealed

by carcass u mean from foundation to being roofed?

i would have prefered apartments but the estate doesnt allow so i will try and squeeze 4 terraced of 2bedroom each into my 600sqm land. the land was expensive so i will make full use of every angle. its for investment purpose.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

I’m not saying there are no foundation worth that amount or even more. You can pull off the foundation of a basic 4 bed duplex on a fair land in Lekki with N5,000,000.

okk, size and soil quality is the issue. thats understandable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

by carcass u mean from foundation to being roofed?

i would have prefered apartments but the estate doesnt allow so i will try and squeeze 4 terraced of 2bedroom each into my 600sqm land. the land was expensive so i will make full use of every angle. its for investment purpose.

Yes. Foundation to Roof.

___
The carcass of the below was done 4 years ago for N15.5m excluding roof.

It’s 4 unit terrace building.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:37am On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

Stop believing the hype.

Get together with the builders on here who have demonstrated building in that axis for a consultation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DEGREE2466(m): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2020
michlins:
where's the location

I bought it at onitsha

They showed me exactly that type with small gate separate but I needed my inner gate to be in the big gate due to space so it was constructed for me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Allegedly imported from Turkey.

It could be made in Nigeria and rebranded.

It could have been made in any other country and rebranded.

Nigeria jagajaga.
Hian, Nigeria jagajaga, Buhari must hear this, Nigeria is a case study, you can produce bottle water at Ajegunle and put a label indicating it came from Switzerland ( a country with the best tapwater in the world) and nafdac will collect egunje from you and look south grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
@ Lastpage, the Nairaland professor of fine teaching and writing colors welcome back, I missed your quality and profound contributions on here.

EgunMogaji2 the big masquerade of ibadan is also fully here, both of you are highly appreciated, EgunMogaji has been damn funny of recent, your post cracked me up with laughter sometimes, the other day you said you have no dog in this fight in response to a post and another post you said that you are not a bible to be followed, Chai, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Nigeria jagajaga, Buhari must hear this, Nigeria is a case study, you can produce bottle water at Ajegunle and put a label indicating it came from Switzerland ( a country with the best tapwater in the world) and nafdac will collect egunje from you and look south grin

“Na only God fit safe us” grin

Some of the things I have to do on a daily in this country requires me to be morally flexible. It’s insane, but we move.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

“Na only God fit safe us” grin

Some of the things I have to do on a daily in this country requires me to be morally flexible. It’s insane, but we move.
l perfectly understand your drift grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Allegedly imported from Turkey.

It could be made in Nigeria and rebranded.

It could have been made in any other country and rebranded.

Nigeria jagajaga.

You are not far from the truth some product are like that. Tag England but made in Ikorodu. Lol

But I have asked my Aluminum fabricator LADY and Guys about the availability of the materials so that we can get it done here but no show yet but we are still on it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

Yes. Foundation to Roof.

___ The carcass of the below was done 4 years ago for N15.5m excluding roof.
I want to speak to you privately
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bebe2(f): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

Yes. Foundation to Roof.

___

so about 20m including roofing, dat gives me hope

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
vickzie:
I want to speak to you privately

Ok bro. DM me Whatsapp 08023429122
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
1000sqm (100/100) fenced with borehole, excellent location by Nasarawa State University Keffi, suitable for student Hostel investment. call or WhatsApp 08034707706
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2020
Mjolnir:

OK, brand name or picture would be great, there are so many fakes out there. thnks

The product is in Nigeria. To be honest, I can't remember the name. I just went online and bought without recourse to the brand name.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
Pay a QS to give you a quote rather than listening to "them say". If prices, quantity or location changes then you just update your excel sheet and you're good to go.

I see you've uploaded a drawing and asked for guesstimates, someone has given you a figure which you may now use to make a go/no-go business financial decision.

Now you hear 10-12m for foundation in Lekki Even a pile foundation + beam + oversite for an average build will not cost you 12m but there you go...

bebe2:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
megacontrol:
Pay a QS to give you a quote rather than listening to "them say". If prices, quantity or location changes then you just update your excel sheet and you're good to go.

I see you've uploaded a drawing and asked for guesstimates, someone has given you a figure which you may now use to make a go/no-go business financial decision.

Now you hear 10-12m for foundation in Lekki Even a pile foundation + beam + oversite for an average build will not cost you 12m but there you go...

shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2020
bebe2:

It isn't misconception that some foundation can cost as much as 10m or far more. I have witnessed several of such. We had a project recently in Ikate the client is a UK trained and a professional builder and been practicing in Nigeria for years I only provided structural supervision the project fdn is yet to be completed and I can tell you that the project has consumed far.more than 10m. The builder bought all materials by himself and managed judiciously.
My point is this , some project may be located in areas that can bring about high fdn cost for so many reasons while some people get them selves in such location ignorantly.
My advice is this, always consider your budget before choosing a land to buy not budgeting after buying a land. (Your budgeting from start to finish must include land and location choice) , therefore before buying land do engage professional that has good knowledge of the type of foundation that land of your choice may require. I just did a trip outside my base to do such for a client. It pays off.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
Good evening.

I would have helped you with an approximate estimate of the construction cost but the dimensions on the drawings are not readable.

bebe2:

@ericko2k2 @rotecch77, @spyder880, @egunmogaji and others plssss i need your input
as this will help me decide if to build it or concentrate on other projects.

am on my knees, please. i know u wont have the exact but a loose estimate will give me a guide.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
QSFemi:
Good evening.

I would have helped you with an approximate estimate of the construction cost but the dimensions on the drawings are not readable.

Nice one!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
Pascal2016:
I need advice from expert in the house pls.
I want to build a two deck (2 storey) and my Engr said we are going to use the this foundation type I uploaded in this picture.
Pls should I tell him to go on?
I have not seen where people dug foundation for pillars only, chained it and casted DPC and followed up the block formation.
Is this really going to carry the the two storey building?

The foundation type is good and if properly designed it will carry the building without problem.

This type of foundation is called Isolated pad footings with plinth/ground beams.

Instead of the pad and strip, the strip footings is ommited and the pad is designed to carry the ground floor block walls. In India, China and some western countries this type of foundation is popular.

In most of our building the strip footings that is associated with the isolated or combined pad base only carry the ground floor partitions walls while the upper floors (be it, one, two or multiple floors) are carried by the reinforced pad base but in this type of foundation, the isolated pad base carries all the load from ground floor to roof level.

This type of foundation is better for me since it gives better restructuring rigidity but it lends to more reinforcement, firework and requires more precision.

Finally, I think you have nothing to worry about if the engineers knows his job well.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

Yes. Foundation to Roof.

___

Nice building bro...the design is simple but beautiful!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
abdulwastecx:

Nice building bro...the design is simple but beautiful!

Thanks bro.

I think simple yet functional designs always yield highest ROI in Lagos.

The owner of that build has also recoup his investment within 5 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yankeejeez(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
At Dutchpeak lights, we have got the right products to suit your lighting needs ranging from wall brackets, chandelier, floor lamp and table lamps.
Call or Whatsap 09016230279.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

There are good Nigerians doing great stuffs.

I spent my weekend working on openable burglar proofs and bi-folding nets. It was a great explore as we try to bring the outdoor inside without security compromise.

You can never go wrong with this simple white bi-folding horizontal slat. Easy-to-maintain yet tough and tasteful style for minimalist and contemporary lovers grin

Cost: N30,000
Dimension: 1450 x 2050 x 50mm
Colour: Contemporary White

#NextHomeDIYProjects

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2020
Aventures:

It isn't misconception that some foundation can cost as much as 10m or far more. I have witnessed several of such. We had a project recently in Ikate the client is a UK trained and a professional builder and been practicing in Nigeria for years I only provided structural supervision the project fdn is yet to be completed and I can tell you that the project has consumed far.more than 10m. The builder bought all materials by himself and managed judiciously.
My point is this , some project may be located in areas that can bring about high fdn cost for so many reasons while some people get them selves in such location ignorantly.
My advice is this, always consider your budget before choosing a land to buy not budgeting after buying a land. (Your budgeting from start to finish must include land and location choice) , therefore before buying land do engage professional that has good knowledge of the type of foundation that land of your choice may require. I just did a trip outside my base to do such for a client. It pays off.

Bravo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
BrabusNG:

You can never go wrong with this simple white bi-folding horizontal slat. Easy-to-maintain yet tough and tasteful style for minimalist and contemporary lovers grin

Cost: N30,000
Dimension: 1450 x 2050 x 50mm
Colour: Contemporary White

#NextHomeDIYProjects

Simple and unique

Those this type of window available here.
Check the video link

Water proof louvers

https://pin.it/16bSUn2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
Aventures:

This is good quality advice. We should have a good idea of the design concept, the purpose/use of the building and our budget before looking for a land that is fit for purpose in the location we want.

I have my "approved" architectural/structural drawings for a retail park but I don't have any land in a location yet that's fit for purpose. I already know my budget and the level of rent the finished article will command in the locality I'm targeting.

@ bebe2 you may adopt this approach. It could pay off. Decide the structure you want to put up, the use of the structure, the architectural drawings and get a QS to give you a cost outlay to determine your budget. If the figures don't stack up, wait if you can afford to wait. Sometimes you need to spend a bit of preparatory money to put you in a position to steam ahead or re-evaluate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 36pripa(m), EazyEmjay95(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.