Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4474886 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2020
gbadexy:

Professionals should know sir grin.
Four flats?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
GoodFaith:

Four flats?
I don't get you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
Order for
Granite, Iron Rod, Sharp Sand & Wood
Get Cement@₦2500(Lafarge), ₦2600(Dangote)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
gbadexy:

Ok, great sir. That means they understood the importance of proper hydration and curing on the integrity of the concrete.

Boss thanks for the other day
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Dennis3D:

Its not used for decking because it's not the right reinforcement for decking concrete works. Check your structural design for reinforcement details.

It might look beautiful in the eye but doesn't poses the structural integrity to carry the load that it's meant to carry.
I am not a building engineer but I have to disagree with you on this,....that reinforcement rods and pattern are widely used all over Europe till date for decking, foundations and load bearing floors. 5 building on my street that went up recently were the same pattern. I will speak to one of the structural engineer one day, I want to know the advantages behind the double iron rod mat layer.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
gbadexy:

I don't get you sir.
Building type?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
Amastermovic:

This will mostly not be recommended because we can't satisfy the welding requirements which is used to connect d bars together if it can transfer the stresses received

The general arrangements of the panel may not conforms with this template and may not satisfy anchorage , lap length from one members to the order..

Don't know if this is easy to move between floors because still is heavy during construction

The bar spacing requirements also will be an issue

This maybe suitable in composite construction of slab though , To reduce crack on a lightly loaded pedestrian crowd walkway
The welding are mostly factory done with computer assisted and precision, they also personally do the welding on site with a special spacing tools that give precise results.
I noticed it commonly used in foundations, decking, load bearing floors, light roads(on heavy load roads they uses bigger sizes) and concrete roof.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
topsy23:

Boss thanks for the other day
You're welcome sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
GoodFaith:

Building type?
I think you mistakenly quoted me sir. I didn't make any reference to any building type.
You could quote the exact post you are referring to for clarification sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

The welding are mostly factory done with computer assisted and precision, they also personally do the welding on site with a special spacing tools that give precise results.
I noticed it commonly used in foundations, decking, load bearing floors, light roads(on heavy load roads they uses bigger sizes) and concrete roof.
This is nice I will research more extensively on it pls provide d company name or product name.

When welding is done it may reduces the strength of steel when not properly done reason we don't advise such but on some of the project have work on we usually template on ur rebar for it. Not to move out of position

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
vickzie:
Does anyone have any experience with solar water heaters, with the recently increased electricity tariff, bills would begin to skyrocket and we know most of the energy is consumed by electric water heaters in our kitchens and bathrooms. Alternative suggestions are welcomed. cheesy
anyone?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
vickzie:
anyone?

I opted for traditional water heater based on how I live. The currently available solar water heater are not pleasing to my eyes.

Good luck on your choice.

#NotAMilitaryDecree grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

I know a company sell this but can’t remember where I met them.

Edit
_____
It’s normally used for load-bearing floors and roof slabs (I know HFP use this for their roofs)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Amastermovic:

This is nice I will research more extensively on it pls[b] provide d company name or product name.
[/b]
When welding is done it may reduces the strength of steel when not properly done reason we don't advise such but on some of the project have work on we usually template on ur rebar for it. Not to move out of position
Staslhandel Van Zijl NV, Rotterdam.
Metalhandel Christiaens, Eeklo, Belgium.
MetaalGaller also in Belgium to name a few.

They are big metal warehouse/factories where you can order base on your requirements, it will be produced and delivered to your site. They also produce for known brands.
If you need reinforcement rebar all they need is the measurements, specifications or project drawing.
I have been in these warehouse, the choices are too enormous, there you realise how advanced human technology has gone.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

They are big metal warehouse/factories where you can order base on your requirements, it will be produced and delivered to your site. They also produce for known brands.
If you need reinforcement rebar all they need is the measurements, specifications or project drawing.
I have been in these warehouse, the choices are too enormous, there you realise how advanced human technology has gone.

Thanks I appreciate .. Some of our clients needs there construction work delivered in 1and half yrs 2yrs maybe with this we may save time ... After making a cost comparison of this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
n3xt:

I know a company sell this but can’t remember where I met them.

Edit
_____
It’s normally used for load-bearing floors and roof slabs (I know HFP use this for their roofs)
Here it's used for foundations, load bearing slab, storey floor decking works, road construction etc, small scale factory and professional welder produced for projects but it most of them are factory made.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Amastermovic:

Thanks I appreciate .. Some of our clients needs there construction work delivered in 1and half yrs 2yrs maybe with this we may save time ... After making a cost comparison of this
You can also check Groep Van Roey and Steel Bending Company both also in Belgium, I know a construction company that source from there.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2020
Chekitaut:
Order for
Granite, Iron Rod, Sharp Sand & Wood
Get Cement@₦2500(Lafarge), ₦2600(Dangote)
What's the difference between the two?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

I am not a building engineer but I have to disagree with you on this,....that reinforcement rods and pattern are widely used all over Europe till date for decking, foundations and load bearing floors. 5 building on my street that went up recently were the same pattern. I will speak to one of the structural engineer one day, I want to know the advantages behind the double iron rod mat layer.

Those look like same 12mm irons we use for rebar here in Naija.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Amastermovic:

The process of fabricating these shapes are not really complex, with the right tools you can do a great job on site or in your personal workshop.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

The process of fabricating these shapes are not really complex, with the right tools you can do a great job on site or in your personal workshop.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
mufutau55:

Those look like same 12mm irons we use for rebar here in Naija.

Hajji M.
Yes, exactly....you find them in different sizes depending on the recommendation for the job....the advantages it's save whole lot of time and the installation goes faster.
I think also cheaper.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

Yes, exactly....you find them in different sizes depending on the recommendation for the job....the advantages it's save whole lot of time and the installation goes faster.
I think also cheaper.

Do we have them here in Nigeria right now?
If yes, I need a contact.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

I think also cheaper.

Do we have them here in Nigeria right now?
If yes, I need a contact.
Thanks.

And again, this technology could knock off a lot of iron/structural guys out of work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
n3xt:

Not bad, you can up it too.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
omanzo02:

Not bad, you can up it too.

Very bad welding (expensive too) and not the best practice. I actually used them for experimental purpose then (precast coping)

I knew I’ve met the guys supplying those mesh reinforcements here before but I can’t remember where.

If I’m able to lay my hand on this rebar tier, I’ll be just fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdDANNBsQp0

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2020
kiekie1:

Hello Sir, you aren't chatting with a newbie my dear ! I am not all you're postulating under assumptions. Apply due diligence before dropping vague statements . What you seek is quite elementary and fully available at your disposal if you follow simple replies above ! As you incessantly type at length, we've prospects chatting & transacting ! This isn't the right avenue to avoid derailing this thread ...
Take few points as noted below if this is what you really seek :

Brands & country of origin :
Trojan ....... USA
Quanta .. India
Luminous ... India
Genus ... India
Multipower .... India
Felicity ... China
Mercury ..... China
Bluegate ... China
Synergy .... India etc

If you need to make more detailed enquiry or transactions , be cool & redirect positive efforts to my inbox OR simply call me as most do ... Below are USA trojan battery units been supplied to a western based Nairaland client as seen in pallets ... Cheer's

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

It took you about FIVE EVASIVE POSTS, to answer a simple question about where the batteries whose price you gave, came from! shocked
Even now, you have cleverly left out a connection between the price you quoted, and where those exact batteries you put a price for, came from?
YOU CERTAINLY QUALIFY TO BE CALLED THE MOST DECEPTIVE SELLER ON NAIRALAND and l am sure l am not the only one who had noticed that.
You claim it is elementary information yet you are so reluctant to attach origin of manufacture to those batteries you put aprice on, why is that so difficult, if not that you are nefarious in business dealings?
The simple truth is: Most people dont know abiut the difference between these batteries, as it relates to where they come from and as such, if you put 200K on a Chinese battery without letting the buyer know it is a Chinese battery (and should have cost no more than 120K), the buyer may think they are getting a made in Germany, for that 200K. That is selling by DECEPTION and that is exactly what you are doing.
I have taken time to observe your responses.
On this thread, one of the things we do is EXPOSE shady, deceptive, greedy and untrustworthy Contractors/Businessmen/Suppliers and PROMOTE the good ones.

Yes, l know you are not a newbie on other thread like FTA Solar but you are a newbie on this thread of Discuss anything and everything Building...
A decent Seller will be open with all relebeant information, not saying thi sis not the right avenue, discuss with me behind close doors, follow simple replies, contact me on Whatsapp, etc in about five replies, when all it takes is one reply to asnwer the question.

Thank you for letting us know the kind of EVASIVE seller that you are, l am sure anyone wanting to do business wih you will have to do it with a long spoon and BUYERS BEWARE.
By the way, l am not you dear, if that was meant to be a condescending tone.
Matter Closed.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 12:25am On Oct 13, 2020
bixton:

There's an existing vaccine of the bold already in Nigeria but most of us are waiting for WHO vaccine. Covid-19 is just an extra illness that affects aged people having symptoms of other underlying diseases.

Really?

Please don't give wrong information like Trump, there is no approved vaccine yet for covid-19.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:50am On Oct 13, 2020
omanzo02:

I think also cheaper.

Yes Sir. It will surely make installation goes faster.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:15am On Oct 13, 2020
We are here to provide you all kinds of tiles , marble, granite, doors, Executive toilet seat, bathroom cabinet, tap, shower room , jacuzzi, and water heater

https://www.nairaland.com/5349336/executive-toilet-seat-showroom-close

https://www.nairaland.com/5349288/pick-floor-wooden-tiles-here

https://www.nairaland.com/5349601/pick-quality-wall-floor-tiles

https:///2347087953771
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 2:20am On Oct 13, 2020
omanzo02:

Very impressive...

Folks are out there advancing technologically, we are still using mallam to dig borehole by hand.. people are still manually digging foundation for a housing project...

Oh , it is well!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timelineinc, sonnie10 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.