Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442088 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:02am On Oct 13, 2020
davodyguy:

What's the difference between the two?
Lafarge 32.5N(Good for plastering)
Lafarge 32.5R(Concrete, Block moulding, setting)
Dangote 42.5N(Good for Concrete & all works)
Dangote 42.5R(Concrete)

N: Normal Curing process
R: Rapid Curing process

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:18am On Oct 13, 2020
Badgers14:

Very impressive...

Folks are out there advancing technologically, we are still using mallam to dig borehole by hand.. people are still manually digging foundation for a housing project...

Oh , it is well!!

That’s due to the economics of an available cheap labor pool.

And we have advanced technologically, after all we’re not building roofs from palm tree leaves anymore and are using aluminum grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 3:20am On Oct 13, 2020
Good morning.
we are available for your roofing.
contact us now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shewefad(m): 3:28am On Oct 13, 2020
House for sale

@ Olokuta in Abeokuta Ogun State

3bedroom flats, 4 flat suites

Asking price 90m

NOTE: All other documents available EXCEPT C of O

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:30am On Oct 13, 2020
Badgers14:

Very impressive...
Folks are out there advancing technologically, we are still using mallam to dig borehole by hand.. people are still manually digging foundation for a housing project...
Oh , it is well!!

Mallam too go chop o. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:30am On Oct 13, 2020
JustCryptos:
Guys please, I need help.

The engineer on my project sent this as a quote for plastering a 3 bedroom flat (all ensuite) with a visitor's toilet.

Labour
Ranging plastering
Inside plastering is #120,000. Outside plastering is #90,000. Windows dressing is #45,000.

Not Ranging plastering
To plaster all the houses is #170,000. Inside and outside. No window dressing.

Materials
Two trips of gum sand and two trips trips of shape sand and 110 bags of cement.

When I asked the difference between the two, he said in the first one they'll dress the plaster and plum it to be level. This won't be done in the second case. I can't wrap my head around plastering a house and not making sure it's level.

Secondly, I thought plastering a room takes 3 bags of cement? I did my calculations with 4 bags to be on the safe side. However, the engineer is saying each room of around 3.6*3.6m will take 5 bags using ranging method.

Experts please what's your take on this?
CnC n3xt, spyder880, saydfact, lastpage, rotecch77

Hi Sir.

The labour he quoted is OK..... While he put different prices for the method is because one takes more time and give more squared edges while the other is basic.... There's nothing more to explain there.

On the Cement.... You'll need far less than 110 bags..... 9ja never bad reach that level.. Lol

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 4:57am On Oct 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

That’s due to the economics of an available cheap labor pool.

And we have advanced technologically, after all we’re not building roofs from palm tree leaves anymore and are using aluminum grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 5:44am On Oct 13, 2020
FLASH SALES!

Multipower lead carbon 200a 12v battery ....125k
Product Datasheet PDF also available .

For detailed enquiry & purchase ,
Contact,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 5:52am On Oct 13, 2020
Mercury products available at discounted prices!

Mercury 1.2kva 12v inverter ...... 48,000
Mercury 2.4kva 24v inverter ...... 57,000
Mercury 5kva 48v inverter ......... 293,000
Mercury 7.5kva 120v inverter ... 385,000

Mercury 2kva spirit plus hybrid inverter .. 185,000
Mercury 3kva spirit plus hybrid inverter ... 200,000

Mercury 100a battery ............... 60,000
Mercury 200a battery ................119,000
Mercury 200a gel battery ..........150,000
Mercury 220a tubular battery ....125,000

Feel free to also contact us for wide range of USA Trojan, Magnum, Morningstar products. Netherlands Victron product. German hoppecke, SMA. Indian products & Tier one Chinese products, pv modules..

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2020
n3xt:

Very bad welding (expensive too) and not the best practice. I actually used them for experimental purpose then (precast coping)

I knew I’ve met the guys supplying those mesh reinforcements here before but I can’t remember where.

If I’m able to lay my hand on this rebar tier, I’ll be just fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdDANNBsQp0
Propaan + electric welding set gives a better results than electrode, electrode need special techniques to handle .
Tiers doesn't come cheap, that little machine is very very very expensive.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Good morning...
Do not forget to fight against pilferer/intruder in your house, let handle this for you by installing electric fence-wire or razor wire(barb wire) to serve as a shield. You can check my thread or my signature for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/5873961/prevent-burglar-thief-pilferer-entering

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:51am On Oct 13, 2020
I just saw this requirement for building approval in one of my what's app groups...

I find it very disturbing, often times we see building collapsing etc.. the officials are just after the money, not necessarily giving a darn about the building itself..

Although I am a certified Nairaland trained Engineer but how can one in good conscience ask for a certificate of fitness, site analysis report, letter of structural fitness for a building that have not been built?

You pay registration fee, then automation fee, then application fee and processing fee for the same building plan... plus inspection fee and approval fees angry angry

9jiria is really jagajaga grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
Chekitaut:
Lafarge 32.5N(Good for plastering)
Lafarge 32.5R(Concrete, Block moulding, setting)
Dangote 42.5N(Good for Concrete & all works)
Dangote 42.5R(Concrete)

N: Normal Curing process
R: Rapid Curing process

I am at plastering stage.

What's the cheaper and better option?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 13, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:24am On Oct 13, 2020
davodyguy:

Nothing is cheap these days. Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2020
Badgers14:
I just saw this requirement for building approval in one of my what's app groups...

I find it very disturbing, often times we see building collapsing etc.. the officials are just after the money, not necessarily giving a darn about the building itself..

Although I am a certified Nairaland trained Engineer but how can one in good conscience ask for a certificate of fitness, site analysis report, letter of structural fitness for a building that have not been built?

You pay registration fee, then automation fee, then application fee and processing fee for the same building plan... plus inspection fee and approval fees angry angry

IN addition, if you dont settle, your file wont move.. I kant come and kii myself ooh,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2020
Mayor78:

Really?

Please don't give wrong information like Trump, there is no approved vaccine yet for covid-19.

And there may never be an approved vaccine by any health organisation that will be acceptable by all developed countries.
Understand the Chinese.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2020
saydfact:

IN addition, if you dont settle, your file wont move.. I kant come and kii myself ooh,

In other words, we are only paying to clear road.

#EndNigeria grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2020
Please do we still have this kind of blocks available ........

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2020
bixton:
Please do we still have this kind of blocks available ........

Lie lie !!! - as years passes by, quality of things continues to go south in Nigeria.

The Catholic Church in my village was built in 1949 using this kind of block. The exterior wall of the church looks like what you have there.

There are a lot of buildings with that kind of block in Aberdeen and all were not even painted. Built with blocks and windows installed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2020
Mayor78:

Really?

Please don't give wrong information like Trump, there is no approved vaccine yet for covid-19.
The guy seem ignorant about vaccines!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:22am On Oct 13, 2020
This is flood water in my area in one of the villages.......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:44am On Oct 13, 2020
davodyguy:

Use Lafarge 32.5N

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:20am On Oct 13, 2020
GERMAN BOSCH DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES AVAILABLE FOR ORDER!

Bosch 12v 200a deep cycle battery .... 120k

We call it HYBRID battery !
The battery is cap sealed but can also work as tubular after 2yrs. It has a cap where you can open it and top it with distilled water after 2yrs !!

Datasheet available under request ..

For more enquiry on product , purchase,
Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2020
Chekitaut:
Use Lafarge 32.5N

How much is it per bag?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2020
Badgers14:

Which state is this?

LASG just increased assessment fee by 120% Sanwoolu is looking for revenue badly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
bixton:
This is flood water in my area in one of the villages.......

It's obvious from the pictures, the access road is higher than the foundation of the building.

Moral of the story (picture), ALL foundation should be four courses high from ground level as a minimum.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
Oops! Nigeria in soup if this continue! God forbid more building collapse sad
Badgers14:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
n3xt:

Very bad welding (expensive too) and not the best practice. I actually used them for experimental purpose then (precast coping)

I knew I’ve met the guys supplying those mesh reinforcements here before but I can’t remember where.

If I’m able to lay my hand on this rebar tier, I’ll be just fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdDANNBsQp0
check Ebay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
saydfact:

Hi Sir.

The labour he quoted is OK..... While he put different prices for the method is because one takes more time and give more squared edges while the other is basic.... There's nothing more to explain there.

On the Cement.... You'll need far less than 110 bags..... 9ja never bad reach that level.. Lol

Goodluck

A detailed floor plan will be needed before any quotation/Estimate/Material & Labor schedule can be done. We need to consider the number of openings in the building, the height of the building, most especially the dimension of different partitions in the Building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
Abolarin91:
Oops! Nigeria in soup if this continue! God forbid more building collapse sad

It’s better to protest all those illegal payments made to government.

If you don’t know your right in this country, you’d be taken for a ride.

I installed a 300Kva transformer early this year for a hall with 15 units of 3hp AC and 22 units of 2hp split unit AC. When we got the first bill, it was just #11,300
A friend saw this asked me “How did you do it? Who helped you?” My response was “If you don’t know your right, they’ll shove anything down your throat in this country.”

I actually applied for O meter to be installed with the Transformer. That way I get billed for my direct consumption and not the size of my project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.