Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370087 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
saydfact:

Sorry, I do not mean to sound negative - but; you shd have invested more money into the foundation; when you start having problem with water, the expensive roof won't safe it...

I would have done for a higher foundation + 2 or 3 courses after the lintel THEN a 800k roof using LONG SPAN....

Apologies if you feel offended..... Goodluck with the project
thanks for the obervation but that area is like that when it's raining. I have my plans for the floor when it's dry season. All the water dries up during that period , fence will be up, I will fill, floor and channel the compound water outside.

Even before the high price, I got 900k for long span but I don't like it. That building is big small, na 4 bedroom flat o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
ladyteeks:
How much do you think will cost for the casting excluding the blockwork? Engineer is trying to convince me that it's not just a regular blockwork, that it is up to the stage in the pic attached

Hi, ask for a written quote and share - They probably are doing more than you think....... that way, you'll get better advice.

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
zuraking:
thanks for the obervation but that area is like that when it's raining. I have my plans for the floor when it's dry season. All the water dries up during that period , fence will be up, I will fill, floor and channel the compound water outside.

Even before the high price, I got 900k for long span but I don't like it. That building is big small, na 4 bedroom flat o

OK.... Good you have a plan.... normally this plan works while the area is not fully populated - once everyone around builds there houses and fences and roads, that's when the water issues begin....

My advice is, THE COMMUNITY shd build a BIG PROPER STORM DRAIN, to limit it's effect...

Goodluck sir......

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
Thanks so much, but wouldn't that be that they will break the tiles again to fix WC's?
darelar:

Tiles first.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
I have used it in many instances and loved it...

One4me:

Dont even think about it.
Seriously, Black floor Tiles?
Even if you get it for Free, give somebody else. undecided grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Javaside:

I sent you a pm on this, can you please reply

Sorry about that. I can be reached here

WhatsApp +234.80.234.29.122
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
demanuel:

The basic thing you can do to better equip them is, to let them school over there.

PS- And sir, since you've convinced your wife to remain here, ensure you succeed here if not grin

You are right. That's why we are working hard, even though this year is messed up and it hasn't been easy. I lived in UK for 3 years as a student but never enjoyed the lifestyle there. The children have dual citizenship but I still want them to understand their root, country and ways things works in a difficult setting like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
zuraking:
Pop expert in the house the picture below, are we going to lay the 3d pvc after doing pop or the 3d pvc will be layed on the wood without pop while the pop will be done separatly.

I just want to try something different in my small house and not the common thing we do in Nigeria

I do think these are realistic 3d wallpapers pasted on a flat POP surface.
So my guess is the POP would be finished except for painting(The wallpaper area won't need painting) before pasting the 3d wallpapers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Guys, please I need a contact to help drill Borehole around egbeda/Ikotun environs.

Will appreciate if anyone can refer someone, thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
One4me:

T'walee Boss
ha my oga! I hail sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Getting this replicated off of Pinterest.

We need powdercoaters in Ibadan.

The jury is still out though it’ll keep Dobermans out of the house.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
PLEASE HOW MUCH IS 4 in 1 TRUCK OF GRANITES?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by demanuel(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abolarin91:
That bolded part got me thinking
Please let us not turn the conversation to another thing and derail this thread. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The jury is still out though it’ll keep Dobermans out of the house.
What is the measurement?
What is the cost

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Twostep:
Guys, please I need a contact to help drill Borehole around egbeda/Ikotun environs.

Will appreciate if anyone can refer someone, thanks.
0812 986 6372
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
sam1919:
which is 4 in 1? grin grin grin
Granite is in tons 10, 15, 20, 30tons categories.

Just mention your location & get price of above .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve been here now full time for 22 months.

I say the following with no joy and I expect to catch clack for it.

Here goes:

Nigeria can never be good. All what we can do is find a way to exist within the chaos. Anyone that is expecting vast changes will just die in vain.

Addition:

When I was a toddler, the same issues that I grew up hearing my father complain about is still here. Olopa wahala, armed robbers, government, bribery, oppression, etc. Here we are in 2020 and we’re still on the matter.

The average citizen is a corrupt and ungovernable mfer.

To bring this back on topic. My father lost a plot of land to some Alhadji in Iwo Road in the early 70’s. Fast forward to 2020, people are still loosing land.

Armed robbers are writing letters to community to gather donations. Insurgents are being settled by farmers so they don’t cause havoc.

My micro estate is designed around the Lagos/Ibadan railroad. Guess what, most of the hardware that holds the actual rail line has been stolen already.

Fela died for nothing, his mother died for nothing. No change. Buhari jailed Fela in the 80’s as head of state, Buhari is president today.
Nigeria is survival of the fitted...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
yinkaoke:
Great people. I am here again and as usual l need some advice.
I want to tile my building and l am considering using black tiles with few white stripes but am afraid d sitting room might be dark as l want to paint it light ash colour with fainted cream/gold.

Any best advice as to combination of colours for the sitting with appropriate tile colour would be nice if you send sample pictures?

Many thanks l you respond

You can mix-and-match. I really wish I can share something that has not been seen before grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
Lol! I don’t know oo
Please what are the prices of those tons. I live in Benin city
Chekitaut:
which is 4 in 1? grin grin grin
Granite is in tons 10, 15, 20, 30tons categories.

Just mention your location & get price of above .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
sam1919:
Lol! I don’t know oo
Please what are the prices of those tons. I live in Benin city
Be precise, is price determine factor.
10tons @₦75k
15tons @₦100k
30tons @₦190k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2020
No, the pix above is just an example of what he said he is going to do... I guess lintel level

uote author=n3xt post=95944943]

Is the pics above from the supervisor/engineer? If yes, that job doesn’t deserve the amount charged.

Below was done at N50/block. All Labour/Supervision fee for the project was just a little over 1.3m

Project - 3 units of Terraced Duplex[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
ladyteeks:
No, the pix above is just an example of what he said he is going to do... I guess lintel level

N1.3m is way toooooooooo much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
He said we need about 8500 blocks for both buildings and iron bender, Capenter will work too

One4me:

The most trusted ones are the ones you should be most careful with, because they know your guards are down. undecided
TRUST BUT VERIFY (just as you are doing now). kiss kiss

Try an estimate the number of Blocks you'll need, based on the dimensions of your building plan.
One Block is 18" long, you can estimate 4 or 5 Coaches to Window level and Four Coaches for Windows (minus window and door areas) , with one or two coaches (max) more, to Lintel level.
Multiply your blocks by #50/#60, to get an idea fo what to negotiate, that #1.13M price dey vibrate my body. grin

Edit: To be on the safe side, you might confer privately, with our resident @QSFemi, to give you a Material, Quantity and Pricing Schedule, which l think will really help you a lot and save you from Shylock Contractors.
I am certain he is a gentleman (from his random acts of kindness on this thread) and will not charge you a vibrating price, for his service, you will certainly be glad you did.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
I don't understand the statement sir

Chekitaut:
Exit from the 2bedrooom on the ground floor hmmm i dont understand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Yes foundation and German floor has been done

Chekitaut:
From your statement you sound as if the german floor if the foundation is done, if foundation is not done you will start with blinding where Concrete work will be done. I do not know type of foundation you intend adopt...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
Isn't this the same building you post here some times ago when the project was still at the foundation and you were asking about the labour cost for block setting to the lintel level? If it was, I answered your question the other day.

ladyteeks:

uote author=n3xt post=95944943]

Is the pics above from the supervisor/engineer? If yes, that job doesn’t deserve the amount charged.

Below was done at N50/block. All Labour/Supervision fee for the project was just a little over 1.3m

Project - 3 units of Terraced Duplex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
Does the 700k include iron bender and Welder? If not how much do you think each would collect?

n3xt:

You’re not. Budget 700k max for the 2 buildings to lintel level.

You’re paying premium price and should expect quality and a very good job from the mason and the supervisor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
4 in 1 truck is used in local parlance in Benin to denote 30 tons.

It's 180k for granite and it's 30 tons.

sam1919:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
I am not sure if I saw the post. Please how do.I check?

QSFemi:
I've gone through her posts.

She has brought this issue here some days ago and I advised her on the cost of labour for the block setting. I even calculated the number of blocks that she needed back then. I don't think anything has changed on this particular issue since then.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
I did
He said 70 per block (for 8500 blocks), then he has to pay iron bender, carpenter and casting..totaling 1.130

Aforxzy:

Can you request for detailed breakdown of each item of the labour work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
He said 70 per block (8500 blocks) that 595k
Remaining balance is for iron bender and Capenter

saydfact:

Hi, ask for a written quote and share - They probably are doing more than you think....... that way, you'll get better advice.

Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.