Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393708 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:01am On Nov 19, 2020
corrected to read 5 units of 4bedroom terrace duplex (not 4 units incorrectly stated before)
======

Hello builders/engineers/developers,

How much will you estimate to completely deliver (build & finish) a block of 5units of 4bedroom terrace?
- This will be the typical developer standard which is common in lekki, nothing extra.
- Location is 2nd Toll gate (Chevron) axis in Lekki.
- Raft foundation
- 5 x 4 bedroom terrace on two floors (ground floor + top floor only)

I have received a JV proposal and need this number to work out an equitable sharing ratio for fair negotiation, otherwise will consider doing the build.

Thanks

cc: saydfact, n3xt, rotech77, abdulwastecx, raymondFirstborn, KolaShangOne, spyder880, segcymoore, QSFemi etc.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:04am On Nov 19, 2020
megacontrol:
Chief, i know you mentioned you're just doing a part of a mega contract but are you in a position to help source this Lafarge at the rate it's supplied to you? how much additional will it cost per bag to transload to Lekki-Ajah? Say btw 300 - 600 bags for use (not resale).

Thanks

I can. I have been doing that but I’m not sure of the cost to transload.

As at last week, they wanted to help me deliver 800 bags to ibadan at #2850 but it didn’t happen.

According to the info reaching us, it’s only Sagamu that’s lifting products.

______
Sold! Sold!!

[s]Anyone in need of 100 bags this morning (latest 8am) @#2750 per bag can reach out to me. Cost excludes shipping. I don’t ship.[/s]

[s]Location: Gateway Stadium, Sagamu, Ogun state. [/s]

Terms: Pay and Pack
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Sir, a “genuine” COFO?

Are there now fake COFO cry

Ibo la wa nba ile aiye lo bayi?

E shock u. Welcome to Lagos, Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2020
One4me:
General opinion:

Please house, as the spirit leads you, when a Professional (Architect, Q.S, Installer, Builder, etc) does a brain job for you for free (I am talking about jobs that require much time and calculations, as against just an off-the-cuff answer to simple questions, it might be a good practice to send them a token, to show appreciation for their time, in the event that we are not contracting them for a job, in due course.

Why do l say this?
Caveat: They did not send me and they did not ask and l am not one of them

But l also realise that this is what they do for a living, they have families to feed (though it is not the token WE GIVE, that will feed their families and they are not hungry, anyway) but it is just to let them know that we are not taking advantage of their good heart and kindness.

I have seen (for example only) a lot of DETAILED ANSWERS from the QSfemi, to many people in the last few weeks and know that he is not the person supervising the jobs for which he is giving free 'materials and cost' help for. While we all love a quick response that potentially saves us hundreds of thousands of Naira in some cases, in my humble opinion, l think sending 'small change' to the person who helped me to save such amount, will be a kind gesture of goodwill, to motivate such Professionals into keep helping us here and not think we are just Freeloaders!

I noticed that one of us here asked him a direct question: How much do you Charge?
Another person requested for an even bigger help from the QS (and he gave it for free) and said 'Thank you' grin undecided
I know a lot of people here have good hearts to help others, as much as they can, for free

From a 10K Recharge Card, #20K cash, Consultancy/Supervision engagement, Paid Site Visit engagement, etc, depending on affordability and how much you appreciate the help of such Professional[b][/b], it will goes a long way to show gratitude, in cases where you cannot afford to engage their services.

PS: I just used the QS as an example, him nor send me message o. We can all testify to his good heart here already.
So many other people offer good advice, technical support, etc, for free, from Builders, Suppliers, Archys, Engineers, Installers, experienced DIY enthusiasts, etc
That is one of the things that makes this community a great place to be. My appreciation goes to every one here who have helped others, in one way or the other, to realise their dream of owning a House, especially Kobokobo people like us who cannot afford to retain Julius Berger. grin kiss

I come in Peace.

I’m the one that asked how much.

I’ve never used a QS in my projects but thought it would be a good opportunity to give paid work to someone that’s being very helpful on the thread.

I always pay for even “free” estimates on my projects by donating towards transportation cost. All my architectural plans are purchased from Darenyx on here cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2020
Jasobry:

Cement is 2850 in my location
Please it is will be very helpful to name your location for the benefit of those around your area.
I bought it for #3500 in Ibeju-Lekki axis
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:11am On Nov 19, 2020
Dijita:

are you sure you will get approval for 12 flats on a half plot?

Most likely will but is it the proper thing to do to put all those people together like that?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2020
One4me:

Insecurity and Bad Roads, is beyond your control, those are things that have to do with the Govt of the day. Those are the major problem of Ikorodu. I have five plots in different areas of Ikorodu, waiting for 4th mainland bridge since about ten years ago grin grin

General Flooding in Ibeju Lekki area also has to do with poor Drainage system but when it comes to your personal house, you can build properly so that water does not disturb you and you only have to buy a Vehicle that is high above ground, to manage the situation. undecided
Ibeju Lekki is far, far safer than Ikorodu and the traffic is far, far better. the 4th Mainland Bridge will be a game-changer, if these silly, lying Politicians ever get ti off the ground.
Mainland is a damn so expensive part of Lagos, l once prospected a Plot in Yaba area of mainland some years back and l was told to bring #40M, l nearly collapse because land was just about averaging #10M in other places then.
You can still get around #30M/#25M in places like Shomolu, Bariga and some not so upper class area of mainland and development seems very rapid in those part of Lagos, so it might not be a bad idea.

My Suggestion: Get a good location in Ibeju lekki (do an area/topographical survey to ensure it is not in a Valley) and build with foundations high above. You will be fine.

PS: You dont have to constrain yourself to an "Estate Setting", all you need is Land in a good neighbourhood, same class of people, buildings as the Class you fit yourself. undecided
Some Estates will promise you heaven and Earth but within a few years, things will fall apart.
And you need to go on google Maps, to look at the exact location of any Estate that they want to sell to you as "Ibeju Lekki".
I have seen people marketing DEEP Bush inside Epe, as "Lekki". shocked grin
Anything after Abraham Adesanya (I prefer Chevron) is too far in my own estimation, to be considered the real Lekki.

If you are considering a timeline of 3years, buy where others have built and are already living, l have seen people buy bush, build and cant leave there because they are alone and it is very unsafe for their family.
Some Thieves dont just come to steal, they rape wife and daughters, we must ensure the safety of our family, as Husbands/Heads of Family
Ikorodu thieves are noted for that. angry

Thank you sir but you know Ibeju Lekki is big, where do you think should be considered there if you have an idea of the area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:25am On Nov 19, 2020
Abolarin91:
Ibeju-lekki is preferable compare to ikorodu(my opinion).

Building your own house yourself is better(you can be sure of materials standard you used).

Flood in ibeju-lekki is almost the same as ikorodu, the only place that suffer heavy flood during raining season is lekki(probably due to inadequate drainage system and maintenance).
Best of luck in your final decission

Okay sir, thanks

That means every part of Ibeju Lekki is okay?

Someone even suggested Isheri north where Channels TV is

I am just afraid of the future in some of these areas. Water can't be fought so I would not want to contest land with water.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:27am On Nov 19, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

You should consider Ikorodu, depends on the part of Ikorodu you are considering. The road isn't that bad. There are areas with good road infrastructure + electricity, especially if you are buying land in an estate environ. Budget should be between 5 - 12m.

Thank you sir.

Areas like?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2020
Dijita:

Please it is will be very helpful to name your location for the benefit of those around your area.
I bought it for #3500 in Ibeju-Lekki axis

Enugu

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:30am On Nov 19, 2020
saydfact:

WHAT'S YOUR BUDGET? I'm not into properties, but it would help to give better advice

For just land in an estate of repute. 4m average
I can go a bit higher if the estate and location/development is progressive

But can buy/service an already built apartment if it's in a liveable location /estate.

Max of 20m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:31am On Nov 19, 2020
jaytime:

Come to Ibeju Lekki. With 3.5m to 5m you can get a plot of land in a nice location. There isn't no issue of flooding in Ibeju Lekki and the development here is at a fast pace due to the influence of Lekki-Ajah and Dangote Petrochemicals. Delay is dangerous as land appreciates everyday. You can contact me directly for more information as I reside here.

Okay sir
What part?
An estate that is reputable will make it easier for me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2020
davodyguy:

I am at this stage now.

But most people said Tiles should come before doors
the doors must come before the tiles. It's after you're done with the doors, the tiler will then use the floor available from the doors to set the tiles. No do that mistake. You might be forced to break some of your tiles to set the doors

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2020
somehow:

Okay sir
What part?
An estate that is reputable will make it easier for me

What part: I've already answered in my last response. Bogije environ.
Have you heard of Beachwood Estate before? This is a very fantastic estate in the area.
I have lands selling for 7m presently; with C of O.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2020
seunpinky:
Hello house,
Kindly help review this roofing quote.

Building dimension according to the roofer:
The length is 26 meters and width 15.6 meters, and the king pole will be 11 feet.

Quotation for Aluminum Long Span 0.55:
Aluminum Roofing 626.4 meters x #2100 = #1,315,440
Badge Board 6 meters x #2100 = #12600
Ridge Cap 38 meters x #2100 = #79,800
Outside Gutter 31.4 meters x 2100 = #65,940
Bottom flat sheets 14.25 x 2100 = #29,925
Wall Trimming 9 meters x #2100 = #18,900
Facial cladding 22.68 meters x #2100 = #47,628
Ceiling cladding 59 meters x #2100 = #123,900
Accessories #35,000

Total #1,716,533

Transportation #20,000
Installation #150,000

Cc: @money121, kolanshang, rottech, spyder880, saydfact,QSfemi, segzy14, and all others

The quotation is not too bad, it’s looks ok,
But you can negotiate the cost of the Labour to 90-100k.

My concern is the height of the roof 11ft is too low, I will advise you do btw 18-22ft height. It’s a big building

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2020
megacontrol:

How much will you estimate to completely deliver (build & finish) a block of 4units of 4bedroom terrace?
- This will be the typical developer standard which is common in lekki, nothing extra.
- Raft foundation
- 4 x 4 bedroom terrace

I have received a JV proposal and need this number to work out an equitable sharing ratio for fair negotiation, otherwise will consider doing the build.

Thanks

cc: saydfact, n3xt, rotech77, abdulwastecx, raymondFirstborn, KolaShangOne, spyder880, segcymoore, QSFemi etc.

Budget #85m - 100m

I did 3 units with 80m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2020
Jasobry:

What's the reason please

Based on my field practical experience.
Door frame ( wooden door) should be installed 1st before tiling then after tiling you will installed the door leaf.
REASONS
If you installed the door before tiling you CANNOT get the accurate floor level in all area
More so the finishing surface of the door will also be tampered by Tiler no matter how careful they are.

But when you tiled your floor round with ONE level then your furniture man will then used the level to determine the door leaf height.
Best practice so far for wooden door.

Not bible

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amakaDD(f): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Dijita:

are you sure you will get approval for 12 flats on a half plot?

Good question!

What the builder told me is that they prepare two drawings, one for approval and another for construction. The design is amended after approval. At worst you pay fine for changes.

That's tricky though. Please share your counter opinion or advise as the case may be.

Thanks for stopping by also.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2020
Thanks chief... but i made a mistake in my initial post which i have now corrected.

It is actually 5 units of 4bedroom terrace duplex all in one block.

You know those guys don't go overboard like that with finishing, basic but good stuffs, flip and move on to the next one.
Maybe 100m? that means the split ratio on offer may not be that bad.

n3xt:

Budget #85m - 100m

I did 3 units with 80m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:18am On Nov 19, 2020
Yes,
somehow:

Okay sir, thanks

I am just afraid of the future in some of these areas. Water can't be fought so I would not want to contest land with water.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2020
megacontrol:
Thanks chief... but i made a mistake in my initial post which i have now corrected.

It is actually 5 units of 4bedroom terrace duplex all in one block.

You know those guys those go overboard like that with finishing, basic but good stuffs, flip and move on to the next one.
Maybe 100m? that means the split ratio on offer may not be that bad.

Yes. 100m should be fine.

_______
Edit: 100m should be fine for 4 unit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2020
amakaDD:

Good question!

What the builder told me is that they prepare two drawings, one for approval and another for construction. The design is amended after approval. At worst you pay fine for changes.

That's tricky though. Please share your counter opinion or advise as the case may be.

I am not a builder . I just feel that packing minimum of 36ppl (3ppl per flat) on a half plot is not appropriate.
I am going to also advise that you be very careful with builder giving you the above advice. Building is a capital project and very feasible. You are going to be building in Lagos where the government is very serious about inspection. If you follow his advise you are most certainly going to regret it. The inspector can stop the project at the roofing stage when you have committed serious capital. If they did not, the amount you will be paying for bribes to keep them off your back would have been enough to buy additional half plot.
If I were you I will source additional found to get one full plot and build 6 units of 3 bedroom or 8 units of 2 bedroom flats. It may take longer to recoup your investment but at least you will have peace of mind.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2020
amakaDD:

Good question!

And people lost their lives in protest against bad governance.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2020
Question.

I noticed most Tilers don't use spacers hence the qualities of the job looks rough and uneven, are they not available or just ignorance or impatience to use them?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2020
Well said!
One4me:
General opinion:

Please house, as the spirit leads you, when a Professional (Architect, Q.S, Installer, Builder, etc) does a brain job for you for free (I am talking about jobs that require much time and calculations, as against just an off-the-cuff answer to simple questions, it might be a good practice to send them a token, to show appreciation for their time, in the event that we are not contracting them for a job, in due course.

Why do l say this?

But l also realise that this is what they do for a living, they have families to feed (though it is not the token WE GIVE, that will feed their families and they are not hungry, anyway) but it is just to let them know that we are not taking advantage of their good heart and kindness.

I have seen (for example only) a lot of DETAILED ANSWERS from the QSfemi, to many people in the last few weeks and know that he is not the person supervising the jobs for which he is giving free 'materials and cost' help for. While we all love a quick response that potentially saves us hundreds of thousands of Naira in some cases, in my humble opinion, l think sending 'small change' to the person who helped me to save such amount, will be a kind gesture of goodwill, to motivate such Professionals into keep helping us here and not think we are just Freeloaders!

I noticed that one of us here asked him a direct question: How much do you Charge?
Another person requested for an even bigger help from the QS (and he gave it for free) and said 'Thank you' grin undecided
I know a lot of people here have good hearts to help others, as much as they can, for free

From a 10K Recharge Card, #20K cash, Consultancy/Supervision engagement, Paid Site Visit engagement, etc, depending on affordability and how much you appreciate the help of such Professional[b][/b], it will goes a long way to show gratitude, in cases where you cannot afford to engage their services.

PS: I just used the QS as an example, him nor send me message o. We can all testify to his good heart here already.
So many other people offer good advice, technical support, etc, for free, from Builders, Suppliers, Archys, Engineers, Installers, experienced DIY enthusiasts, etc
That is one of the things that makes this community a great place to be. My appreciation goes to every one here who have helped others, in one way or the other, to realise their dream of owning a House, especially Kobokobo people like us who cannot afford to retain Julius Berger. grin kiss

I come in Peace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by georgikpons: 8:56am On Nov 19, 2020
Good morning brothers
Pls can u guys help me with the quantity of 12mm rod for lintel work on a 3bedroom bungalow.
The engineer told me 26, but I think it's too much

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:58am On Nov 19, 2020
twinskenny:
for electrical, cctv, whole house audio system, electric security fence, intercom. call us
check our thread for work pictures...

https://www.nairaland.com/twinskenny/topics

Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 8:59am On Nov 19, 2020
somehow:

Okay sir, thanks

While there is hardly issue of flooding in Ibeju Lekki, there are swamps and the swamp are been sold after it had been sand filled. make sure you avoid buying swamp. Bogije for around 7M is good if you can afford it and it is closer to Lekki. if that is out of your budget and you don't mind distance you can go to the beach area after the Amen estate in Eleko beach area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2020
omanzo02:
Question.

I noticed most Tilers don't use spacers hence the qualities of the job looks rough and uneven, are they not available or just ignorance or impatience to use them?

Many people still use tile spacers in their projects, its a slower method but gives good results. The problem is usually about remuneration, what the tilers will take for the work if it needs to be a thorough work is usually different from what it will take to do the usual Nigerian system. Some clients need the work to be thorough while some, especially those building for rent are looking to just cover the floor with tiles, minimising extra expenses that might reduce the return on investment.

This is where clarity is needed, the home owner should be given options and these methods explained to them before giving out the work. The bottom line is that it costs higher to do a meticulous job in every finish work in a house.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:04am On Nov 19, 2020
Good morning.

To give a reliable approximate estimate for such development, providing the area of the building would help me achieve that.

megacontrol:
corrected to read 5 units of 4bedroom terrace duplex (not 4 units incorrectly stated before)
======

How much will you estimate to completely deliver (build & finish) a block of 5units of 4bedroom terrace?
- Raft foundation
- 5 x 4 bedroom terrace

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you sir for empathetic take on this issue.

Most people have been generous in their appreciation especially those whose conversations continued on whatsapp.

Thank you for your altruism.

One4me:
General opinion:

Why do l say this?

I come in Peace.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 9:13am On Nov 19, 2020
One4me:
General opinion:

Why do l say this?

I come in Peace.

QSFemi number is not on his profile. QSfemi what is your whatsapp #

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: noroom4cheat, Scrap and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.