Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385481 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Wingnut007:

By hidden fee, are you referring to service charge or the one-time development, legal and survey fee?

Or is there any other kind of fee we need to look out for?

Yes those one you mentioned above some estate developers won’t mention them to you.... a client of mine had an issue with andron home cause of this

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Wingnut007:

You and I are in the exact position, down to the thought process. We have ruled out Ikorodu for the same set of reasons and tilted towards Ibeju-Lekki. Bogije (Beechwood Estate specifically) is at the top of our list and we have been there twice. This weekend, we will be going to the area again to inspect couple of estates, make a final decision and commit to it immediately. Our rent will be due in about a year and we don't plan on renewing it. Our budget is about the same as yours and what's more disturbing is that it is fast losing value and purchasing power. Our only concern now is if good and affordable schools and hospital/healthcare is in the vicinity.
I am even tempted to just go for an apartment or detached flat /building in the heart of the mainland or Lekki but they all seem to be on the high price.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
twinskenny:
Call us for

Electrical, Cctv, Audio system, electric fence..

Check our thread for various ongoing projects

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/36#96033467
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
One4me:

I personally dont like Estates because l take pride in building my house, the way l want it to look like and l dont buy into the idea that one cannot implement safety, to one's taste. I just dont like one Omo-Onile exercising control over what l do, because they own the Estate.
- Buy on highland
- Buy where there are people living already (it would cost more but will save you much more, going forward), building is less stressful in such environment (Roads, Electricity Power/Poles, Transformer, communal Safety, etc are usually setup and can be built upon).

Cheers
I have been weighing these options for future plans....I am considering Lagos or Abuja but I need to physically get the true fact and understand how things works there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
omanzo02:

I have been weighing these options for a while....I am considering Lagos or Abuja but I still need to physically get thorough fact and understand how things works there.

Well in the estate where I'm building,you buy the land and build your taste,the only uniformity is the roof colour. Though not in Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wingnut007: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
somehow:
I am even tempted to just go for an apartment or detached flat /building in the heart of the mainland or Lekki but they all seem to be on the high price.

That was our intention at first, but reality set in quickly (price).

We would prefer to build our own detached home, because we had a terrible experience in an apartment we lived in previously. You don't have control over how your neighbours use their apartment (Remember, you are all landlords or would I say apartment-lords). Our previous neighbours had leaking pipes and bath tubs they refused to fix or maintain. This went on for years without other occupants knowing. By the time it became obvious from the outside, it was already too late as the water leakage had caused serious structural damage to the building. Though we came together and renovated the building, it wasn't the same again. Though, this is not always the case, but I do not want to be at the mercy of other occupants and assume they would always do the right thing. We will prefer to be in control and if anything happens, we can always rebuild on our land.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
The p.o.p expert in the house,

please how much do you charge for p.o.p ceiling installation per sqm with and without materials?

Thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Wingnut007:

That was our intention at first, but reality set in quickly (price).

We would prefer to build our own detached home, because we had a terrible experience in an apartment we lived in previously. You don't have control over how your neighbours use their apartment (Remember, you are all landlords or would I say apartment-lords). Our previous neighbours had leaking pipes and bath tubs they refused to fix or maintain. This went on for years without other occupants knowing. By the time it became obvious from the outside, it was already too late as the water leakage had caused serious structural damage to the building. Though we came together and renovated the building, it wasn't the same again. Though, this is not always the case, but I do not want to be at the mercy of other occupants and assume they would always do the right thing. We will prefer to be in control and if anything happens, we can always rebuild on our land.

true.

but a detached option wont have this right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
megacontrol:
Pls where did you buy those from and what did it cost? Thanks

My apologies Sir.
Cant remember the exact price anymore, it is many, many years ago. Cheap enough for me not to remember.
But you will see it in any market where they sell Tiles, it is an accessory to Tiling.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Gigaset:
Good morning to all Nairalanders please am about to start my project next month and i need a very good builder or engineer who can handle my project perfectly if not 100% maybe 98% please i beg the elders in the house to help me with recommendation. thanks in advance

Before l mention names, trusted names, it will be good to know where your project is located.
If in the East/South-South, l will say Spyder
If it is anywhere above Lokoja (Up North), l will say[b] Abduilwastecx[/b], if it is after the Niger Bridge down South West, l will say[b] Aventures, Segzy[/b] and one other name that l cant remember right now.
Archy? Dareynx
Paint? Gbadexy is your sure bet
Material Costing and Project management? Hail QSfemi
Electrical? Topsy
Plumbing and the likes? Rotech
CCTV? Twinskenny
Tiles and bathroom stuffs? Endiasami (but not heard from him for a while)
Roofing? Imram Roofing
Granite and Sand Supply? Chekitaut but you will need to make sure his vehicle does not break down undecided

There could be other people that have skipped my mind right now but I would gladly work with the above Builders.

#NotABibeli, if l missed your name, it does not mean you are not good, it simply means you have need to impress more on this thred and with the work you do. My apologies. undecided

Keep us informed so we canalso help you answer questions and keep your Contractor on his toes. grin undecided

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
somehow:
Bogije is dry land and the closest to the mainland right?

Thanks

Locate in on google maps, check the distance and other things around it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
saydfact:

Incase you mis-understood my statement; see pics attached

We were talking in terms of what the original owner got the Approval to build for, not what the State Govt zoned the whole land in that area for.
If Govt says a land is for Agriculture or Industrial land, ofcourse you cant buy it to build residential building on it.

But we were talking about an individual (one man, not Govt) who has bought the land, got his C.of.O and a building Approval, now selling the land to another person for building.
The C-of-O and the original building Approval would have indicated that it is an area already specified for Residential buildings.

All the same, your picture clarifies what you have in mind and that is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
bixton:
Oga Chekitaut do you still do that bonanza on granite dust when one buys a certain tonnage of 3/4" chippings........
By December, God's grace

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
One4me:

Before l mention names, trusted names, it will be good to know where your project is located.
If in the East/South-South, l will say Spyder
If it is anywhere above Lokoja (Up North), l will say[b] Abduilwastecx[/b], if it is after the Niger Bridge down South West, l will say[b] Aventures, Segzy[/b] and one other name that l cant remember right now.
Archy? Dareynx
Paint? Gbadexy is your sure bet
Material Costing and Project management? Hail QSfemi
Electrical? Topsy
Plumbing and the likes? Rotech
CCTV? Twinskenny
Tiles and bathroom stuffs? Endiasami (but not heard from him for a while)
Roofing? Imram Roofing
Granite and Sand Supply? Chekitaut but you will need to make sure his vehicle does not break down undecided

There could be other people that have skipped my mind right now but I would gladly work with the above Builders.

#NotABibeli, if l missed your name, it does not mean you are not good, it simply means you have need to impress more on this thred and with the work you do. My apologies. undecided

Keep us informed so we canalso help you answer questions and keep your Contractor on his toes. grin undecided

God bless you for the mention sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jasobry:

Well in the estate where I'm building,you buy the land and build your taste,the only uniformity is the roof colour. Though not in Lagos
That seems fair and compromising, I intend to learn about personal and collective contributions in estate housing complex and procurement procedures.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wingnut007: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
twinskenny:

Yes those one you mentioned above some estate developers won’t mention them to you.... a client of mine had an issue with andron home cause of this

I agree with you. I am also of the believe clients should be made aware of this additional fees before they make any commitment. Some developers/estates factor these additional fees into the cost of the land. So you know from the very onset what you are committing yourself to.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wingnut007: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Abolarin91:
Ibeju-lekki is preferable compare to ikorodu(my opinion).

Building your own house yourself is better(you can be sure of materials standard you used).

Flood in ibeju-lekki is almost the same as ikorodu, the only place that suffer heavy flood during raining season is lekki(probably due to inadequate drainage system and maintenance).
Best of luck in your final decission

I agree. Building is better as you also get the flexibility of design and customization.

If you would, where would you recommend in Ibeju-Lekki?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jasobry:

Tell us more apart from the roof colour.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wingnut007: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2020
jaytime:

I'm talking about Bogije neighborhood.
You can get lands in good Estates for at least 7m. I mean Estate that you can build immediately and move in. However there are lands in futuristic (less built) estates for 5m or less depending on the location.

I am interested in knowing more about these Estates that I can build immediately and move in.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunpinky:
Its a storey building comprising of four units of 1 bedroom flat (Room and parlour) on each floor.
8 units of 1 bedroom flat on a storey building
Okay. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
Phylife:

Tell us more apart from the roof colour.

1. 3 metres set back
2. 1 metre before your fence to give room for under ground electric cable,flowers and CCTV cable.
3. Parking along the road is frowned at.
4.minimum of 18 hours power (dedicated line) with a little premium to the fee.

Its quite a place to live
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
megacontrol:
corrected to read 5 units of 4bedroom terrace duplex (not 4 units incorrectly stated before)
======

Hello builders/engineers/developers,

How much will you estimate to completely deliver (build & finish) a block of 5units of 4bedroom terrace?
- This will be the typical developer standard which is common in lekki, nothing extra.
- Location is 2nd Toll gate (Chevron) axis in Lekki.
- Raft foundation
- 5 x 4 bedroom terrace on two floors (ground floor + top floor only)

I have received a JV proposal and need this number to work out an equitable sharing ratio for fair negotiation, otherwise will consider doing the build.

Thanks

cc: saydfact, n3xt, rotech77, abdulwastecx, raymondFirstborn, KolaShangOne, spyder880, segcymoore, QSFemi etc.

125m at 25m per units will do
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Wingnut007:

I am interested in knowing more about these Estates that I can build immediately and move in.
Then DM me or call. My number is on my profile.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Noted sir, thank you.

Abolarin91:
Welcome...
You will definitely get them Jere.

Meanwhile, you may need my service later(electric fence-wire, barb wire, panel mesh,...), you can check my signature for more details and info.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you.

Person2person:

call or wasap for your door installer....08063073913
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aghaibiam(f): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=One4me post=96197061]

I am also very proud of the two of you, more so that you are authentic lower-middle Class who have moved to the Middle Class proper.
And from the look of things, you are not one of those Civil Servants that hide files or change figures, to line their pocket otherwise, you wont be so stressed.
When a good man and a good woman come together, success will always follow them.
Both of you (especially you), should never forget your humble beginnings, how both of you relate and do things NOW, that made things to work out well.
May God continue to bless your honest work and make you a light unto others.

Tell your husband on my behalf that l said "Him be Man". kiss[/quote
Thanks for the good wishes sir.I am humbled by your words.May the blessings you seek make its way quickly to you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
Okay sir.

Bimpsyyyyy:

Tiler and pop expert on WhatsApp on 09069193297

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kindly drop your details

Abolarin91:
Welcome...
You will definitely get them Jere.

Meanwhile, you may need my service later(electric fence-wire, barb wire, panel mesh,...), you can check my signature for more details and info.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
One4me:

Exactly, that is why l made reference to your statement. I just did not want to mention your handle.
You knew the value of what you wanted, you knew what effort it will take QSfemi, you could have asked generally without mentioning anything about Cost.
It takes a lot of reflection to think about the effort behind the work, especially those whose work is not directly involved in the actual building.
Its all about showing our good side to people who help us here, not by force but as the spirit leads anyone.

Thanks Baba, l want to be like you when l grow-up.

Like me ke? grin

Thanks for all your detailed contributions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Aluminium windows, railings with us.. thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jasobry:

1. 3 metres set back
2. 1 metre before your fence to give room for under ground electric cable,flowers and CCTV cable.
3. Parking along the road is frowned at.
4.minimum of 18 hours power (dedicated line) with a little premium to the fee.

Its quite a place to live

Thanks for the information shared.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
Good afternoon to all Nairalanders. please I need urgent Reliable person that can supply me with good quality of PVC for ceiling and price friendly. Sango Ota area, 15 to 20 bundle. Kindly indicate below and state price per bundle and how many is inside each bundle.

I will really appreciate with pictures.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obago(m), WeRise(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.