Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4373600 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:48am On Nov 21, 2020
n3xt:

Supafix Coverage

Floors:
+/- 3m² per 20kg bag

Walls:
+/- 6m² per 20 kg bag

Price: #1,700 per 20 kg bag
(Price direct from Lafarge)

______

Total required for 100m² Wall = 100m² / 6m² (wall)

= 17 bags x #1,700
= #28,900

______

Total required for 100m² Floor = 100m² / 3m² (floor)

= 34 bags x #1,700
= #57,800

_______

I’m likely to use this next week at OPIC Sparklight Estate.

The price is very good but when the product get to the mkt the price will still be something around 2000 plus or so.

In the area of there calculations this can only work in a sane country,
Here in Nigeria, practically it can’t work and you will still need normal OPC cement to make your level as I explained earlier.
Practically its not cheaper to use compare to normal cement.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:29am On Nov 21, 2020
rotecch77:

The price is very good but when the product get to the mkt the price will still be something around 2000 plus or so.

I agree bro.

In the area of there calculations this can only work in a sane country,
Here in Nigeria, practically it can’t work and you will still need normal OPC cement to make your level as I explained earlier.

I know there’s always a problem for every solutions in Nigeria grin. We hardly do tile over tiles here which is easier and cheaper solution than pulling up your original tiles and re-tiling your floor or wall.

Practically its not cheaper to use compare to normal cement.

Using adhesives will be far cheaper in the long run if you consider the time saved during installation and the lesser mess you had to deal with during and after installations.

I agree OPC cement is needed in scenarios where the intended surface is uneven but that’s a problem for concreters and really should not be a part of tiling. In some cases, you can use a sander to level out the surface.

My response in blue.

I also believe back buttering the tiles with varying amount of mortar is a good way to achieve level in uneven surfaces. Though you need a spirit level and a good eye.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:38am On Nov 21, 2020
n3xt:

My response in blue.

I also believe back buttering the tiles with varying amount of mortar is a good way to achieve level in uneven surfaces. Though you need a spirit level and a good eye.

Yes I agree with you when doing renovation work it’s relatively cheaper than OPC cement bcs you don’t need to buy cement and sand again, just place the tiles on the existing one ( tiles on tiles) and it’s very good to use in this scenario bcs it has more gum that OPC cement.

But in new building you will still need sand/cement for the tiles bed bcs you can’t tiles on the concrete ( German floor) due to space you will have when you installed your doors

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omololu251(m): 6:17am On Nov 21, 2020
You’re right sir.
Thank you sir

n3xt:

Very valid points made here especially on casting tremie. You forgot to mention Akoka, Ifako and it’s environ.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2020
SakoBkup:

Cement is 3200 in mile 3 market

Bought 4k at Igwruta last week. I am putting plastering on hold until things settle down a bit. Difference of 50k is something for a kobo kobo project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:06am On Nov 21, 2020
rotecch77:

Ok let’s use 100m2 of both wall and floor tiles as case study.

WALL TILING
Using of normal OPC cement for the job
Let’s assumed your wall is in a well level gauge.

No of cement(50kg) 20bag*3000=60,000
Plaster sand 2.5 tones —————-10,000
Total ——————N70,000.

FLOOR TILING
Assumed the floor is well balance
No of cement (50kg)40*3000=120,000
Sharp sand 20 tones ————-50,000
Total —————-N170,000

In summary
If it’s Wall tiling it will cost you some of N70,000( to cover 100m2 area.

If it’s floor tiling it floor tiling it will cost you some of N170,000 to cover 100m2

My Boss,
Please is this narration above a realistic one for the use of Portland cement for tiling? I want to use it for some sort of estimation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2020
n3xt:

Supafix Coverage
Floors:
+/- 3m² per 20kg bag
Walls:
+/- 6m² per 20 kg bag
Price: #1,700 per 20 kg bag
(Price direct from Lafarge)
______
Total required for 100m² Wall = 100m² / 6m² (wall)
= 17 bags x #1,700
= #28,900
______
Total required for 100m² Floor = 100m² / 3m² (floor)
= 34 bags x #1,700
= #57,800
_______
I’m likely to use this next week at OPIC Sparklight Estate.

Oga N3xt,

Can I also take this in the use of my calculation to determine the numbers of bags I need? Na calculation I wan use am for based on your computation above.

For the floor, will I be requiring any sand and/or Portland cement to add to it if the adhesive is to be used?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2020
SakoBkup:

You can get 30 tonnes to 35 tonnes in Port Harcourt at rate of 10k per tonnes.
Someone might need this information someday. Some pic attached.

Na wa o.

Here in Ilorin granite of 5 tonnes from quarry is sold at 20k, while transport is negotiated to site and the max one may pay is between 6k and 7k. Why is it expensive in other places as stated on this thread.

God help us
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2020
JustCryptos:

Bought 4k at Igwruta last week. I am putting plastering on hold until things settle down a bit. Difference of 50k is something for a kobo kobo project.

It's 2800 at my place... I'm waiting for it to drop further before i buy... will need them for plastering
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2020
Thanks to Rotecch77, spyder880 and Saydfact for this time over the phone and wonderful advice.

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2020
Good morning able boss in the house!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2020
SakoBkup:

You can get 30 tonnes to 35 tonnes in Port Harcourt at rate of 10k per tonnes.
Someone might need this information someday. Some pic attached.
transport will not be less ₦50k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2020
ArcToyin:

Yes you can. That is what is widely used.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2020
Chekitaut:
Go for Lafarge grey package (Classic)

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:32am On Nov 21, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2020
Muyi002:
Thanks to Rotecch77, spyder880 and Saydfact for this time over the phone and wonderful advice.

I appreciate.

It was nice speaking to you Sir. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gandkiss: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2020
horlorbah:
Good morning house. Pls I'm about to start a small kobo kobo project and this is the quotation I got from the person I intend putting in charge for a twin 2 bedroom apartment. Each apartment has 3 toilets/bathrooms. This quotation is just for the foundation alone (Without DPC) for now. Pls help me review it sirs/ma. Thanks.

It's in order.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2020
We construct Bio (Modern Sockaway)

The advantages of Bio Digester toilet are as follows:
No Dislodging of Human Waste
It's eco-friendly
No foul smell
Needs only a small space
Suitable for any soil condition
No contamination of groundwater etc

Check my signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 10:58am On Nov 21, 2020
Hello dear people of Nairaland! Please I want to make an enquiry about my project I am undergoing in Benin city from those of us who are good in engineering and site work.

I have a 3 bedroom and a two room self contain flat which is already on a DPC level and I done the forming after the filling with just one coach. I want to give the project to an engineer to finish the job just go paraphet level I.e he will be the one to do the paraphet.

The engineer is charging 2million Naira for just the labor. I will be the one to buy all the materials needed; all the cement, block, rod, wood etc. 2M is just for labor alone.

Please is this fair enough ? Is the price too high?

Please I need your urgent help.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2020
michlins:
Good evening people. I'm meeting with aheadahead20 at Asaba tomorrow. This is for safety and caution. Thanks for looking out for us people
I want to confirm that I have left the site of aheadahead20. Thanks to everyone who looked out for me

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2020
Chekitaut:
By December, God's grace

Please how much will it cost to get 30 tons (3/4" granite) to Yenagoa-Bayelsa?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 11:40am On Nov 21, 2020
Bros, that your engr's charge is too exorbitant. Look around your area, identify any building you feel was/is well built, approach the owner to link you with whoever supervised the project and negotiate with him. Better still, we have reputable professionals on this forum that can handle it at a pocket-friendly rate.
Wish you the best.

sam1919:
Hello dear people of Nairaland! Please I want to make an enquiry about my project I am undergoing in Benin city from those of us who are good in engineering and site work.

I have a 3 bedroom and a two room self contain flat which is already on a DPC level and I done the forming after the filling with just one coach. I want to give the project to an engineer to finish the job just go paraphet level I.e he will be the one to do the paraphet.

The engineer is charging 2million Naira for just the labor. I will be the one to buy all the materials needed; all the cement, block, rod, wood etc. 2M is just for labor alone.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2020
sam1919:

Are you referring to engineering-supervision for the works?
I could do for less amount. You can reach me on 09027779642(WhatsApp)/ 08039387432(phone call).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2020
I tire ooo. The thing weak me oo
Beframia:

Bros, that your engr's charge is too exorbitant. Look around your area, identify any building you feel was/is well built, approach the owner to link you with whoever supervised the project and negotiate with him. Better still, we have reputable professionals on this forum that can handle it at a pocket-friendly rate.
Wish you the best.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
Yes! Engineering supervision for the work. If you have your boys who work for you, you can bring them to work while you supervise them, put things in place and make sure things are going well, while I pay them their normal fee at the end of the day. While I pay you daily for your service too.
bixton:

I could do for less amount. You can reach me on 09027779642(WhatsApp)/ 08039387432(phone call).

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
bixton:

Though the 2M is too much for such building,but the engineer charged 2M for his fee and the labour works, not for supervision alone.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2020
sam1919:

The charges is much, send me your architectural design, let me give you a considerable quote.
WhatsApp:+2347035596641
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2020
Muyi002:

Na wa o.

Here in Ilorin granite of 5 tonnes from quarry is sold at 20k, while transport is negotiated to site and the max one may pay is between 6k and 7k. Why is it expensive in other places as stated on this thread.

God help us

Raw materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2020
sam1919:
Yes! Engineering supervision for the work. If you have your boys who work for you, you can bring them to work while you supervise them, put things in place and make sure things are going well, while I pay them their normal fee at the end of the day. While I pay you daily for your service too.

For my boys that's not an issue.
For myself i practically don't do daily pay for my services. I charge based on milestone/stages.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
segzy14:

Though the 2M is too much for such building,but the engineer charged 2M for his fee and the labour works, not for supervision alone.

Ohh I see...#2M for paying the labour involved and also his services.
From the DPC level to concrete fascia.....
It's best he sends his building plan or post it online let's see.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2020
Jasobry:

This is damn expensive... Its 2000 for stone dust.. most expensive size is 5700 in Ebonyi state

You are right...their prices are excessive...I don't blame them though..they source the stones with all difficulties from netim or
Akampa and resell... resale value increases because it now closer and transport cost from original sources...still way too high...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
Good afternoon everyone.

please contact us for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials all at shikini money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obago(m), sodiq961(m), Rayd502(m), dannie007(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.