Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4426966 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thanks to everyone who advised me on what to everyone who advised me on what to look out for while buying inverter welding machine.

Went to the market today and saw one being tested, asked for the price and why it's better. The maxtech was cheaper than the one in picture. The price is #27,500 and the capacity is 200 amps.

Cc Egunmogaji2, N3XT and all others. Thanks again

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
michlins:
Thanks to everyone who advised me on what to everyone who advised me on what to look out for while buying inverter welding machine.

Went to the market today and saw one being tested, asked for the price and why it's better. The maxtech was cheaper than the one in picture. The price is #27,500 and the capacity is 200 amps.

Cc Egunmogaji2, N3XT and all others. Thanks again

I have the MaxTech 300amp.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I have the MaxTech 300amp.
saw that. It's around 35k but it requires a very big generator which I don't have now. The petrol generator which I use at home is what I intend to pair it with. 3600 model

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thank you for recommendation, I promise to do more better. smiley
MrOkenwa:

I did a roofing 3 months ago and another roof installation is ongoing today. Last week, I collected 4 different quotations and they all gave different measurements(673, 723, 759, and 820). I chose the 673sq mtr. The price of the aluminum longspan and workmanship were somehow close. one of the installers told me that it is "oja okunkun". that is, the more you look, the less you see grin.
Meanwhile, we have wonderful members here who can handle the roofing and various other works. They are very good at what they do. I engaged 3 guys here during my last build( Abolarin91, Adedward and the archi guy that hardly visit this thread). they did wonderful job for me. Mr Ade is handling the 30 windows of my present build.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
maingain:

Sir, could you please share the contact to the above door maker with me via mail maingain@gmail.com. I would like to purchase some doors from him. Thanking you in advance.
Saw your mail and responded
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2020
more fund to your account for your ongoing project...
MrOkenwa:

I did a roofing 3 months ago and another roof installation is ongoing today. Last week, I collected 4 different quotations and they all gave different measurements(673, 723, 759, and 820). I chose the 673sq mtr. The price of the aluminum longspan and workmanship were somehow close. one of the installers told me that it is "oja okunkun". that is, the more you look, the less you see grin.
Meanwhile, we have wonderful members here who can handle the roofing and various other works. They are very good at what they do. I engaged 3 guys here during my last build( Abolarin91, Adedward and the archi guy that hardly visit this thread). they did wonderful job for me. Mr Ade is handling the 30 windows of my present build.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
GoodFaith:

2 shingles sheet a make a sq meter
My man you help me check POP cement now and sponge
be roofing before pop na grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adortem: 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
Landshop’s driving philosophy is to inspire majority of Nigerians to invest in real estate by being property owners or profit participants irrespective of status, credit rating or location. By providing the widest, most authentic real estate opportunities across several payment models.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate Sales and Lettings Manager
Job Summary: A Real Estate Sales & Lettings Manager will likely have a solid, strong sales and lettings track-record. You will be managing a Sales and Lettings brand.
Job Description
• Creating a strategic business plan
• Canvassing key landlords/properties
• Analyzing the brand’s monthly statistics
• Liaising with colleagues and directors to expand the business
• Liaising with tenants, identifying their needs and arranging property viewings
• Conducting viewings, obtaining feedback and updating the landlord
• Negotiating offers, agreeing new tenancies and sales
• Identifying opportunities to generate new business deals
• Offering an efficient, proactive and high level of customer service to the clients
• Actively working to increase the number of managed properties on the portfolio
• Assisting with queries, tenancy issues and enquiries coming into the business

Requirements
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience within sales & lettings, a proven track record of closing real estate deals and a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the sales and lettings process.
• A proven track record of achieving targets
• Must have industry knowledge/experience
• Well presented, calm, professional, focused and mature attitude
• Valid driver’s license
• Excellent communication and rapport building skills
• Self-motivated and ambitious
Application Closing Date
December 1, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letters to: careers@landshop.ng with "Real Estate Sales and Lettings Manager" as the subject of the email.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
GoodFaith:
2 shingles sheet a make a sq meter My man you help me check POP cement now and sponge
For step tiles aluminium how many sheet make a sq meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
be roofing before pop na grin
The infom you ask me

Now help me check price
POP cement
Sponge per 1kg

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ty01: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
multikolour:
mine I got a quotation of 285 from 4 different people, I bought 300sqm because of wastage. I was on ground at the shop during loading and I was counting them in bulk of 30sqm. But to my surprise, after installation 300sqm finished with the work still pending and I have to add 15sqm to complete the house.

If they will cheat you they have so many ways to cheat.

I read your comments and can relate; I feel sorry for people. The truth is, a roofer that wants to cheat you would still cheat you irrespective of any control you put in place. Just hope for an honest roofer and leave the rest in the hands of God. I just don’t get why we are terribly wicked against one another for no just cause.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
That's the right way to go, boss.

Quantity Surveyor is your friend.

henrixx:
I got a quantity surveyor to determine the sqm it's already different from that of the first quote I got from the installer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
So a bag of cement is now #4,500. Which way builders?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
Abolarin91:
more fund to your account for your ongoing project...
thanks u sir,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Good evening my good people!
Do we have estate valuers or surveyors in the house? I'd need one to help me evaluate a 2 plot property at near Boundary in Ajegunle, please.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
GoodFaith:

The infom you ask me

Now help me check price
POP cement
Sponge per 1kg
Is it fillers that you guys call sponge?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
michlins:
At where?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Successbay:
Good evening sir, sorry for the late response. Location is at Obere, before Atan, after living Faith Church, Ota.

I stay behind Obasanjo farm. I have contact of two. One did one for me in Sango last year April while the second is used by a senior colleague.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
michlins:

Its now N3,050 per bag at my end. Information from a reliable source said this might extend till February 2021.

It’s already taking a hit on us here as our block makers now manage to get 400 bags per week.

________
In other other news, I’d be joining the official launch of Supafix cement (cementitious tile adhesive) in the coming week. More updates on this later.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
Donoppy:

Is this person on this forum ?
yah, I am in this forum o,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 11:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
Oga mi. We dey o... how are you doing?? Thanks for the mention
One4me:

Before l mention names, trusted names, it will be good to know where your project is located.
If in the East/South-South, l will say Spyder
If it is anywhere above Lokoja (Up North), l will say[b] Abduilwastecx[/b], if it is after the Niger Bridge down South West, l will say[b] Aventures, Segzy[/b] and one other name that l cant remember right now.
Archy? Dareynx
Paint? Gbadexy is your sure bet
Material Costing and Project management? Hail QSfemi
Electrical? Topsy
Plumbing and the likes? Rotech
CCTV? Twinskenny
Tiles and bathroom stuffs? Endiasami (but not heard from him for a while)
Roofing? Imram Roofing
Granite and Sand Supply? Chekitaut but you will need to make sure his vehicle does not break down undecided

There could be other people that have skipped my mind right now but I would gladly work with the above Builders.

#NotABibeli, if l missed your name, it does not mean you are not good, it simply means you have need to impress more on this thred and with the work you do. My apologies. undecided

Keep us informed so we canalso help you answer questions and keep your Contractor on his toes. grin undecided

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gcardcodes: 11:34pm On Nov 27, 2020
GoodFaith:

LOL "It is quite unfortunate that Nigerians do not know how easy it is to carry out transactions like this"
I am not a mumu but a learner meaning I am s student, I know how to deal
I have act as a middle man before i left home 33 year ago
I have dollar account , i have friends with dollar account
With US bank fee of about $85 OR Less , i can send US dollar to my friend account
Call the buyer and ask my friend to move the money to the buyer account
Do I need you? HELL TO THE NO
if rate at https://www.abokifx.com/home
Say 485, know that I am looking for 485 to 495
Go play dude

Oga de, SHUT UP. Don't talk like having a dollar account is an achievement because if it was, I have dollar accounts both a personal account and business (CORPORATE) accounts with three different banks which I operate with to reduce transaction cost. You are talking about a foreign account, I have an operational USA account, A liuthiana bank account that can receive any currency you can think of from any country. Bro keeps shut and talk like a businessman and stop talking like a KID who just started having a bank account. Friends, you talk about friends, I have a lot of them outside and many of them are mostly sailors, moving from what country to another. Make I no talk too much. WISE UP.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 12:34am On Nov 28, 2020
Phylife:
Do we have estate valuers or surveyors in the house? I'd need one to help me evaluate a 2 plot property at near Boundary in Ajegunle, please.
Thanks.
Yes, we have
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:55am On Nov 28, 2020
henrixx:
is this guy on nairaland? pls help with link to the thread and their number. I'm about to do my roofing. I dont wanna get cheated by these people. the contractors I've called so far are giving me two very different figures
Yes sir am here
Whatsapp : 08085310359
My nairaland thread : https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/105
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:58am On Nov 28, 2020
One4me:

Before l mention names, trusted names, it will be good to know where your project is located.
If in the East/South-South, l will say Spyder
If it is anywhere above Lokoja (Up North), l will say[b] Abduilwastecx[/b], if it is after the Niger Bridge down South West, l will say[b] Aventures, Segzy[/b] and one other name that l cant remember right now.
Archy? Dareynx
Paint? Gbadexy is your sure bet
Material Costing and Project management? Hail QSfemi
Electrical? Topsy
Plumbing and the likes? Rotech
CCTV? Twinskenny
Tiles and bathroom stuffs? Endiasami (but not heard from him for a while)
Roofing? Imram Roofing
Granite and Sand Supply? Chekitaut but you will need to make sure his vehicle does not break down undecided

There could be other people that have skipped my mind right now but I would gladly work with the above Builders.

#NotABibeli, if l missed your name, it does not mean you are not good, it simply means you have need to impress more on this thred and with the work you do. My apologies. undecided

Keep us informed so we canalso help you answer questions and keep your Contractor on his toes. grin undecided
Thanks my oga Mo appreciate
The correct spelling is Imran Roofing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 1:12am On Nov 28, 2020
08067536232/09062387447. Thank you

uncleteeh:

Good one. Drop your contact. I will share it with the man. He will give you a call.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 1:16am On Nov 28, 2020
Okay sir, kindly holla me on 09062387447. Thank you

ArcToyin:

I stay behind Obasanjo farm. I have contact of two. One did one for me in Sango last year April while the second is used by a senior colleague.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:47am On Nov 28, 2020
Phylife:
Thanks.
Contact I.D 0803 550 4518
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:54am On Nov 28, 2020
Granite, Sharp Sand, Cement, Iron Rod, Concrete Wood, Marine Board.

Contact us today
...beyond imagination.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:27am On Nov 28, 2020
davodyguy:

At where?
Nnewi Anambra State
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:30am On Nov 28, 2020
n3xt:

Its now N3,050 per bag at my end. Information from a reliable source said this might extend till February 2021.

It’s already taking a hit on us here as our block makers now manage to get 400 bags per week.

________
In other other news, I’d be joining the official launch of Supafix cement (cementitious tile adhesive) in the coming week. More updates on this later.
it's a live or die situation now

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.