Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4428124 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2020
money121:

Please enough of this haaba
Guess both of you are mature enough
If i hear pim again i will report both account and the mod will do the right thing..
Oga oooo

I was expecting you to enlighten us or at least clear the dubious allegations against roofers, but unfortunately you have been silent. Is this an indictment on ALL roofers?

19 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2020
rajput4real93:

I was expecting you to enlighten us or at least clear the dubious allegations against roofers, but unfortunately you have been silent. Is this an indictment of ALL roofers?
Englighten you how? Or Someone here have accuse me of scam him or her
If u were giving measurement and you think is too much feel free to engage another roofer just to be on safer side
For example stone coated roofing sheet 2pcs make a sqm mtr if u purchase 200sqm expect 400pcs at site make sure u count ur materials at warehouse and when deliver to site even if you are not on ground let someone do that for you.. Samething applied to aluminium ask ur roofer how many pcs of sheet to be expecting at site..
If u purchase stone coated from imranroofing so far we are the one that took the measurement and after the installation u have some leftover i will refund ur money nd move the materials back to warehouse
But if u didnt purchase the sqm you were give if you have shortage at site that mean you will purchase more and bear the transport cost Ty01 can confirm this when we handle his roofing project..
And since have been into this Roofing business i don't think someone here on nairaland have accuse me of scaming him or her
So if you were duped hold your Roofer responsible
And let proffessional Roofer handle your Roofing project

ImranRoofing Remain No. 1 legit dealer of Roofing sheet in nigeria
5stars on Google

Whatsapp 08085310359 for more enquires

Read Some Reviews About ImranRoofing

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
spyder880:

Truer words, haven't been spoken. You nailed it. I was so happy for the person who sent me a N10,000 recharge card on Monday this week, I just gave him some answers about the approval process in Enugu on WhatsApp and the next thing I saw was a recharge alert with his promise to give me the job when he is ready to start. I was speechless, I thanked him and promised myself to remember this if he comes with any other requests tomorrow.

I have liked all posts of QSfemi, that guy is wonderful and should be patronised by intending home owners, (paid for his services too) he will save them millions.

I also received N10,000 recharge card from a nairalander yesterday for giving him attention on WhatsApp. I appreciate the kind gesture. We have nice people here.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
Nigranks:
Hello, pls recommend a water treatment guy for me. Water from borehole is not clear.

We handle such problem, you can reach me on

We do setup water treatment plant for such

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
Market Realty is an excellent Telegram group where you can find distress property for sale, certified property Agents, individual buyers and sellers of genuine property http:///marketrealty
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
I thank God for how far we've gone on the project. I however got a shocker today, regarding cost of wardrobes and kitchen cabinet. Almost same cost of 400 bags of cement. smiley

I invited one furniture man to take a look and make recommendations. He plans to use HDF. The quote he gave, I believe, is on the high side.

Is there anyone here, or could you please recommend someone who could make good wardrobes and kitchen cabinets.

Location is Ikorodu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
MrOkenwa:

Aluminium roofing sheets(Step tiles, metcoppo, and long span) don't come in a specific length or sq meter. The length of the sheets would be tailored to your need.

Ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:42am On Nov 29, 2020
This is not completely true.
If you decide on the thickness and corrugation size (normal, metral or something like that) you want, then they can work out how many sheets are required for the area (SQM) you want to cover. Remember it comes in flat rolls first, then they corrugate and cut to standard length.

Info likes this only plays into the hands of roofers by making simple concepts shrouded in secrecy.

MrOkenwa:

Aluminium roofing sheets(Step tiles, metcoppo, and long span) don't come in a specific length or sq meter. The length of the sheets would be tailored to your need.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Hello,

Pls what are you current prices for cement (300 bags and above) and Iron rod (local) to Lekki?

Lemme ask a trivia question;

Seeing that your prediction on cement prices continuing to rise has been correct, what's the price trend with iron rods? I think it's been fairly constant and may stay constant or even come down. Agree?

For example, if one wants to put say ~N2m+ to stock materials right now for concrete work planned to happen around 2-3 wks time, should we load up on cement or rods? Don't want to split, so either of the two to get bulk purchase rates.

Thanks

Chekitaut:
Granite, Sharp Sand, Cement, Iron Rod, Concrete Wood, Marine Board.

Contact us today
...beyond imagination.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:09am On Nov 29, 2020
rajput4real93:

I was expecting you to enlighten us or at least clear the dubious allegations against roofers, but unfortunately you have been silent. Is this an indictment of ALL roofers?

I have said this before. He is more of parasitic. You are benefitting from here and you have not deemed it to enlighten people here on roofing only to post advert and sing personal eulogies.

I have no aversion for you but I abhor the parasitic instinct. The only reason I won't give you my jobs.

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 6:50am On Nov 29, 2020
/
Money121:

Keep your integrity intact and even the sky cannot be your limit. Spyder880 has shown to be a man of integrity and that's why he keeps getting jobs. Slow and steady wins the race. Why do I say? We have had folks who came here with stellar testimonies just like you have but on the long run they deviated and soiled their integrity. The rest is history. Of course they came back under different monikers but with all eyes on them.

/

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2020
sinorte:
I thank God for how far we've gone on the project. I however got a shocker today, regarding cost of wardrobes and kitchen cabinet. Almost same cost of 400 bags of cement. smiley

I invited one furniture man to take a look and make recommendations. He plans to use HDF. The quote he gave, I believe, is on the high side.

Is there anyone here, or could you please recommend someone who could make good wardrobes and kitchen cabinets.

Location is Ikorodu

Good morning, we can handle your kitchen and wardrobes works . we are currently working on a nairalanders project in ikorodu. call or wasap on 08063073913.

Good luck on your project.

https://www.nairaland.com/5898703/choosing-appropriate-board-furniture-works#90237292

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 7:47am On Nov 29, 2020
megacontrol:
This is not completely true.
If you decide on the thickness and corrugation size (normal, metral or something like that) you want, then they can work out how many sheets are required for the area (SQM) you want to cover. Remember it comes in flat rolls first, then they corrugate and cut to standard length.

Info likes this only plays into the hands of roofers by making simple concepts shrouded in secrecy.

Okay Sir, thank you.
amosblisz, pls take note.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Money121:

Keep your integrity intact and even the sky cannot be your limit. Spyder880 has shown to be a man of integrity and that's why he keeps getting jobs. Slow and steady wins the race. Why do I say? We have had folks who came here with stellar testimonies just like you have but on the long run they deviated and soiled their integrity. The rest is history. Of course they came back under different monikers but with all eyes on them.

/

Thanks so much have vow to Keep my integrity intact
God no go shame Us

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:37am On Nov 29, 2020
megacontrol:
Hello,

Pls what are you current prices for cement (300 bags and above) and Iron rod (local) to Lekki?

Lemme ask a trivia question;

Seeing that your prediction on cement prices continuing to rise has been correct, what's the price trend with iron rods? I think it's been fairly constant and may stay constant or even come down. Agree?

For example, if one wants to put say ~N2m+ to stock materials right now for concrete work planned to happen around 2-3 wks time, should we load up on cement or rods? Don't want to split, so either of the two to get bulk purchase rates.

Thanks

Cement within Lekki - Ajah an environs remain ₦3,300, Ironn Rod TMT is ₦285k, Tiget is ₦300k, Local is ₦255k.

Advance payment without pick up will be dangerous because if price change you will be told to pay difference, but if price reduce no refund.

Just carry on normal routine construction works.

As you pay for good pick up & stock in site get security. The only fear now is on Cement, if Dangote increase then price will still go up.

If CBN devaluation come up soon by next year another increment will also come.

Hence, for price to come down not visible.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 9:48am On Nov 29, 2020
Good morning all. Pls hw much can i budget for a raft foundation on 324sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2020
Money 121, can not say or enlighten anybody because mean that you can be rip off is too numerous, breath can be reduce from factory, when he aluminium man get there he make fresh calcultation, the length you can be rip off if its 6m length the is sheet he wrote 6.2m adding .2m to all length only him know that .2m will be deducted from all length. You can only escape it if you fo it yourself, its easy if can, you will need climb because carpenter may change perimeter in wood formation.

On land get your Kingspost height draw your tape left or right what you get on one side is equal other side, Kingspost is actually in middle.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2020
kingzsoul:
height? But you need a QS.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 10:41am On Nov 29, 2020
Please, what's the current prices for different sizes of casement Windows.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 11:01am On Nov 29, 2020
gcardcodes:

Lol I do not need to be in the states to have a USA account. It's very possible to. GO LEARN. I applied for a ITIN with verified companies as a non-resident online. When I got it, I paid some agents to open an account in the USA for me and I got my mobile banking also. All documents submitted were real and in my name. Go online and learn. I don't have to be in USA to get a ITIN or BANK ACCOUNT. it's just common sense . Even my friends over there could help me but I decided to use agents because they are professionals. If you are not aware, anyone around the world can get a US bank account without being in the USA. Go ask your bank and ask your foolish self

How much do you buy $ And are you available to buy in person in a bank?

And yes, he does not need to live in the US to open a US account. However, in some cases Nigerian IP addresses can deprive you from having full access to all the features of online banking.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:10am On Nov 29, 2020
somehow:

That one worse.
it's like a competition there building what some wouldn't even need in the next 5 years and some don't even have occupants.

This is a thorny issue, made more complicated because of personal choices. So many people use buildings to announce their "arrival" financially. In the Eastern part of Nigeria, and many South South states like Rivers, Delta, Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom, people tend to build bigger houses to provide for their family convenience, and for those still in the child bearing age, we tend to make provisions for the children to live comfortably before they leave home. Many people also build for extended family members, friends and in laws to occupy some parts of their building. But is this supposed to be so?

I have listened to both sides of the argument, debated with friends and family. My advice is for people to do what they consider modest, considering their finances. Its unwise to start a size of house you might sweat for many years to complete. This leads to unrealistic expectations, like wanting to get materials or services cheaper than the real market value.

So, Is your big house in the village where you return to only once or twice in a year an economic waste? Yes and no. Yes because it doesn't yield any rents, doesn't attract anything apart from maintenance costs as you repaint and renovate over the years. No because you gain prestige, recognition and respect from friends and family, plus the development that it will attract in the town/neighborhoods that will add value to the lands around there. It also grows the local economy and keeps the locals employed and productive.

I always advise people to first build commercial properties, a place they can collect rent, or reap capital gains by market appreciation. Then build in the villages, because we must return to the village someday, and many people dont like the idea of squeezing themselves into a room with their whole families in periods of festivities, just because they are saving money. Build only what you are comfortable to build, your personal home shouldn't be an avenue for you to stress yourself or commit crimes to impress those who will never be impressed.

But for those that can afford a big house, those who might have built a lot of businesses, a few rental apartments, trained their children and others in schools or skills, achieved other philanthropic performances, please go ahead and build your large house for posterity. The contentment it will give you is also an achievement, It was Abraham Maslow who taught us of "self esteem" needs which comes at the apex of the hierarchy of wants, a massive, beautiful edifice is a crown. Some towns are known because of some people, the edifices people erect in some towns have given a psychological boost to most people from such towns to increase their hustle, but please hustle legitimately, dont commit crime to impress anyone with your buildings.

Happy weekend everyone.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2020
Happy Sunday to my Nairaland family.

Please a quick one. What are the Pros & Cons of the Machine-drilled and the manually-drilled boreholes? What do you advise?

A beginner needs your help sirs & mas.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2020
spyder880:

This is a thorny issue, made more complicated because of personal choices. So many people use buildings to announce their "arrival" financially. In the Eastern part of Nigeria, and many South South states like Rivers, Delta, Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom, people tend to build bigger houses to provide for their family convenience, and for those still in the child bearing age, we tend to make provisions for the children to live comfortably before they leave home. Many people also build for extended family members, friends and in laws to occupy some parts of their building. But is this supposed to be so?

I have listened to both sides of the argument, debated with friends and family. My advice is for people to do what they consider modest, considering their finances. Its unwise to start a size of house you might sweat for many years to complete. This leads to unrealistic expectations, like wanting to get materials or services cheaper than the real market value.

So, Is your big house in the village where you return to only once or twice in a year an economic waste? Yes and no. Yes because it doesn't yield any rents, doesn't attract anything apart from maintenance costs as you repaint and renovate over the years. No because you gain prestige, recognition and respect from friends and family, plus the development that it will attract in the town/neighborhoods that will add value to the lands around there. It also grows the local economy and keeps the locals employed and productive.

I always advise people to first build commercial properties, a place they can collect rent, or reap capital gains by market appreciation. Then build in the villages, because we must return to the village someday, and many people dont like the idea of squeezing themselves into a room with their whole families in periods of festivities, just because they are saving money. Build only what you are comfortable to build, your personal home shouldn't be an avenue for you to stress yourself or commit crimes to impress those who will never be impressed.

But for those that can afford a big house, those who might have built a lot of businesses, a few rental apartments, trained their children and others in schools or skills, achieved other philanthropic performances, please go ahead and build your large house for posterity. The contentment it will give you is also an achievement, It was Abraham Maslow who taught us of "self esteem" needs which comes at the apex of the hierarchy of wants, a massive, beautiful edifice is a crown. Some towns are known because of some people, the edifices people erect in some towns have given a psychological boost to most people from such towns to increase their hustle, but please hustle legitimately, dont commit crime to impress anyone with your buildings.

Happy weekend everyone.
at adazi ani, one person built about seven storey building. Whenever I pass their, I ask myself why waste this insane amount of money there but then again,it has become an iconic structure and has set the junction apart for decades to come. If you have the resources,build massively. The Eifel tower � is still a reminder

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:25am On Nov 29, 2020
Is 324sqm the area of the building or land?

kingzsoul:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gcardcodes: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nero2424:

How much do you buy $ And are you available to buy in person in a bank?

And yes, he does not need to live in the US to open a US account. However, in some cases Nigerian IP addresses can deprive you from having full access to all the features of online banking.

Bro reach me on Whatsapp: +2349023807218
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mgbadike80:
please, can anyone answer this?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Perfecthouch
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
MrOkenwa:
Okay Sir, thank you. amosblisz, pls take note.
Yes boss thanks much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mgbadike80:
please, can anyone answer this?
this might help. Without burglary

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2020
I’ll like to hear from consumers on how they saved on windows.

We talk all the time about how to save money with other vendors.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphaDigitals: 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pls I really need any body that can sell properties fast or who has buyers for my property showing on my signature
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
rajput4real93:

Nairaland Forum is online School it has help to educate and connect people together

Last February see the post below
That was the first time I was VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH MONEY121
I was expecting comments and advice from Money
He made not comment , the last few days there have being comments regarding scam on roofing jobs
moneye21 again failed to advice or make comment
Yes there are lot of scam going on in roofing (Roofers)
Tiles measurement is other big scam ( tile Installers)
All Nairaland do your due diligence

https://www.nairaland.com/5036230/big-secret-roofing
The Big Secret In Roofing - Properties - Nairaland

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gameboy55, Skydivine and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.