Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4444110 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 4:48am On Nov 30, 2020
Please help me check this quotation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:40am On Nov 30, 2020
Abbeyb1ack:
shocked

A lot of people who do not understand NextHome’s concept end up wasting time, materials and resource.

You’re only enriching the artisans in your project and getting little value in return.

I just completed casting of 6 slabs and this is all I spent on carpentary formwork rental and workmanship - 80k

I’m 100% sure your carpenter won’t use the quality of Formwork we use on our projects and won’t be as fast. Also the savings realized.

The amount going into that stage of work in your quote is too much. Worse still you’re getting little value in return.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:56am On Nov 30, 2020
davodyguy:

People must eat from us, definitely, cause we too eat from others. But they need to act with sense.

Imagine rehabilitating small portion of 3rd Mainland for ₦18billion. How MUCH will they now use to construct a new one? ₦100billion?

Do you know 3rd Mainland bridge or you’re just joking?

100bn is nothing bro!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:01am On Nov 30, 2020
true2home:
Caution Caution Caution

No matter how you are highly recommended in the business world, you MUST watch your responses to unpleasant people. It’s maturity and good manner. There are some responses that are just distasteful in the business climate. Words to the wise only!!!

We are guided by our moral compass.

Some people just like drama.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:12am On Nov 30, 2020
After all the dramas, what’s the offense of money121? His quote is too high or what?

Why do some of us take pleasure in the downfall of others?

We are quick to read meanings to his harsh reply and not what prompted the action.

Happy New Week!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 6:33am On Nov 30, 2020
My brother, posting just the quotation here without mentioning what you are building isn't enough.
State what you are building and if possible post your floor plan for the scrutiny of our professionals (and non-professionals alike ... Lol) on this thread.
Have you also considered the option of renting woods? I never bought any wood during all the stages of in my project after I realized what the carpenters did to my friend - all the woods were stolen after removal before he got to parapet stage - stolen by same carpenters. Compare the cost of buying wood with rentals to see if you can save a reasonable amount.

Abbeyb1ack:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:40am On Nov 30, 2020
Beframia:

My brother, posting just the quotation here without mentioning what you are building isn't enough.
State what you are building and if possible post your floor plan for the scrutiny of our professionals (and non-professionals alike ... Lol) on this thread.
Have you also considered the option of renting woods? I never bought any wood during all the stages of in my project after I realized what the carpenters did to my friend - all the woods were stolen after removal before he got to parapet stage - stolen by same carpenters. Compare the cost of buying wood with rentals to see if you can save a reasonable amount.

I stopped buying wood since 2013.

Mere looking at the breakdown and the material requirements, I knew the building had some 6 inches block and the footprint won’t be more than 80 - 100sqm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donpata(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2020
Pls advice me on this... I want to roof a structure but in Kaduna, Queensway gave me a quote of 3,800per square meter. I went to Idu in abuja, in some of these one man aluminum stores and they gave me a quote of 2,100 per square meter. All quotes are for longspan. The difference is obviously too much but I brought back the sample to I got kaduna and compared both and discovered that the .55 from Queensway feels clearly thinker than the .55 I got in ABJ. I am on a significantly low budget so that of Queensway is out of my reach. What I have seen and hate is when after roofing, you see the skeleton of the woodwork impressing on the roofing sheet or the roofing sheets just looks rough like the Carpenter did a party dance on it. Can anyone advice me on what I may do. Like should I just go for a thick Cameroon/ghana zinc and what their guages and prices are like. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 6:48am On Nov 30, 2020
Even me as a woman knows that this ur quote is an overkill by ur engr and artisans grin
Abbeyb1ack:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:55am On Nov 30, 2020
donpata:
Pls advice me on this... I want to roof a structure but in Kaduna, Queensway gave me a quote of 3,800per square meter. I went to Idu in abuja, in some of these one man aluminum stores and they gave me a quote of 2,100 per square meter. All quotes are for longspan. The difference is obviously too much but I brought back the sample to I got kaduna and compared both and discovered that the .55 from Queensway feels clearly thinker than the .55 I got in ABJ. I am on a significantly low budget so that of Queensway is out of my reach. What I have seen and hate is when after roofing, you see the skeleton of the woodwork impressing on the roofing sheet or the roofing sheets just looks rough like the Carpenter did a party dance on it. Can anyone advice me on what I may do. Like should I just go for a thick Cameroon/ghana zinc and what their guages and prices are like. Thanks
Pls don't use cameron Zinc ooo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2020
n3xt:
After all the dramas, what’s the offense of money121? His quote is too high or what?

Why do some of us take pleasure in the downfall of others?

We are quick to read meanings to his harsh reply and not what prompted the action.

Happy New Week!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2020
Enyinne:
Even me as a woman knows that this ur quote is an overkill by ur engr and artisans grin

I was in discussion with some people last weekend and I told them “If your engineer/project manager/builder is not adding value to your project, why hire him?”

Everything shouldn’t be about preparing bills and buying materials. There should be some ways to help your client save some money.

The owner of the project below would not really understand what most people are talking about here as he did not have to buy a single wood on his project except roofing wood. Everything was provided by NextHome (Formwork for groundbeam and the 1st and 2nd slabs).

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2020
Impart Of Nairaland Forum In My Life & My Roofing Business (True Life Stories)

>> https://www.nairaland.com/5913335/impart-nairaland-forum-life-roofing

PRICE LIST OF ROOFING SHEET IN NIGERIA SEE HERE >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria & Their Prices (2019) >> https://nigerianprice.com/types-of-roofing-sheets-in-nigeria-their-prices/

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) >> https://www.nairaland.com/4765255/see-photos-house-warming-ceremony

Just in case you want to avoid falling into hands of artisans. You can contact your suppliers directly. See an important information here
MUST READ FOR ALL
READ HERE ����
https://naijalocals.com.ng/the-price-you-pay-for-looking-for-cheap-things/

The Collection Sample Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile For Your Building
See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:42am On Nov 30, 2020
Last week was extremely busy one for me as we worked on pouring 14 slabs which was completed yesterday.

While at it, a friend sent me some images by a Lagos based steel construction company imsystems_ng which specializes in Cargotecture (shopping container house construction).

In couple of weeks, we’d be exploring the possibilities. I hope this will inspire you to “Think Different.”

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2020
Let's be sure to taste our words before we spit them out.
Let's fill ourselves up with love before showing love.
Some people look for a beautiful place, others make a place beautiful.

"We shape our buildings, thereafter, they shape us.
- Winston Churchill.

Have a great week. Folks!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2020
beamNIGERIA:

Rotech77

Here a picture of the installed skirting.

But is it more expensive than using tiles?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2020
Are you also from the SE region?
Have you built your own house in the village yet or you don't believe in that tradition?

Cheers.

InvertedHammer:

/
But when your sons grow up, they will remind them that it is their father's house they are still living in. No respect until they build their own. SMH.
Or that the pattern of your house is no longer en vogue. I bet your father has a house. Yet you built your own. I tire o!
\

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2020
How are your formwork rental charges structured?

What info do you need to give a quote for substructure (raft)?

Cheers.

n3xt:

shocked

A lot of people who do not understand NextHome’s concept end up wasting time, materials and resource.

You’re only enriching the artisans in your project and getting little value in return.

I just completed casting of 6 slabs and this is all I spent on carpentary formwork rental and workmanship - 80k

I’m 100% sure your carpenter won’t use the quality of Formwork we use on our projects and won’t be as fast. Also the savings realized.

The amount going into that stage of work in your quote is too much. Worse still you’re getting little value in return.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2020
megacontrol:
How are your formwork rental charges structured?

What info do you need to give a quote for substructure (raft)?

Cheers.

We only need your height and the perimeter (internal and external) to calculate the quantity of boards.

If we have the ground floor plan too, we can estimate the quantity of boards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2020
money121:

Pls don't use cameron Zinc ooo
Pls can you throw more light on why he should not use this. A lot of people use it this in my area...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:37am On Nov 30, 2020
I’m starting to layout my audio/video design. Nice week ahead for me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:38am On Nov 30, 2020
bobkezel:

Pls can you throw more light on why he should not use this. A lot of people use it this in my area...
Cameron Zinc Rust and leak
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:04am On Nov 30, 2020
But the eifel tower is not a residential building.
michlins:
at adazi ani, one person built about seven storey building. Whenever I pass their, I ask myself why waste this insane amount of money there but then again,it has become an iconic structure and has set the junction apart for decades to come. If you have the resources,build massively. The Eifel tower � is still a reminder

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 10:14am On Nov 30, 2020
We construct Bio digester(Modern Sockaway)

It advantages :

✔you no longer call trucks to come evacuate human waste,
✔it doesn't smell
✔it doesn't attract flies or crokroaches,
✔just a small space is needed for it,
✔it's eco-friendly
✔and doesn't contaminate the groundwater
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 10:19am On Nov 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I’m starting to layout my audio/video design. Nice week ahead for me.

I will love to learn this Oga EgunMogaji2

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 10:19am On Nov 30, 2020
Abbeyb1ack:
I don't know what you are building, but I will advice you to give the carpentry work to Carpenters that already has wood. That will cut a lot of money cos the woods will later be useless if you are not doing big project and you will end up selling them for peanuts or they will even vanish from your site.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:22am On Nov 30, 2020
n3xt:

shocked

I would have prefer hiring if such exist in my region, I have wasted a lot of useful money on woods, thereby contributing to deforestation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:34am On Nov 30, 2020
omanzo02:

I would have prefer hiring if such exist in my region, I have wasted a lot of useful money on woods, thereby contributing to deforestation.

...which is very very unnecessary.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 10:49am On Nov 30, 2020
GoodFaith:

Nairaland Forum is online School it has help to educate and connect people together

Last February see the post below
That was the first time I was VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH MONEY121
I was expecting comments and advice from Money
He made not comment , the last few days there have being comments regarding scam on roofing jobs
moneye21 again failed to advice or make comment
Yes there are lot of scam going on in roofing (Roofers)
Tiles measurement is other big scam ( tile Installers)
All Nairaland do your due diligence

https://www.nairaland.com/5036230/big-secret-roofing
The Big Secret In Roofing - Properties - Nairaland

Why are you talking like an Illiterate like this?I just came across this post and am disappointed someone can reason like this..If some roofers had issue with anybody.so because money121 is a roofer and he wasn't called into it he must make a comment just because he is a roofer?Naaaa,It does not work that way.It does not owe anybody comment or post

And so far,I do not think he has any issue with anyone on this thread before now or elsewhere on nairaland before now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2020
somehow:
But the eifel tower is not a residential building.
exactly. Lots of structures were cleared to make way for the structure. At that time, people thought it was a stupid idea
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2020
money121:

Cameron Zinc Rust and leak

You clearly don't know cameroon Zinc. It's best to stay in your core area (Longspan, et al) than to say what you are not aware of.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donpata(m): 11:06am On Nov 30, 2020
pussiboner:

You clearly don't know cameroon Zinc. It's best to stay in your core area (Longspan, et al) than to say what you are not aware of.

can you pls educate us more? i am a bit confused as to which to go for now. I dont want to buy roofing sheet that will be poor in appearance. Can you guide me on buying cameroun zinc?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: union123(m), Stamford007(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.