Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391949 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by masix11(m): 6:47am On Dec 07, 2020
twinskenny:

Alaba

Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 6:49am On Dec 07, 2020
Please what's the complete length of a 16mm square rod and that of a 2 by 3 pipe?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2020
Hi guys,

Please is a good idea to use Victorian skirting boards on Spanish tiles And what’s their market price right now ?

And also , I noticed that nowadays people uses tiles for their fence pillars instead of the Wall bricks, is it for saving cost sake or new trick?
Which one is more advisable?

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2020
Good morning.

for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials contact us today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2020
Enyinne:
Oga go and seat down , i wont see black and call it white even when the truth is staring in my face . I'm not the cause of Nigerian bad image internationally so stop this your cheap game . I'm just narrating a discussion that went on between 2 strangers that happened to be customers and u want to make a mull hill out of it.Nairaland tourist minister grin

This woman calm down and take things easy. It seems you find it so easy to talk to people anyhow. You have been quite insultive on this platform and someone needs to tell you this. From checkitout, Dennis3D, and now this person have all been victims of your uncouthness.

There is also a high level of pride and arrogance in you that needs to be tamed, and I'll advice you work on it. The man made a honest contribution to an on going discussion, all for you to come and tell us in your response you have travelled far and wide. Who needs to hear that here? Or how was his initial post claiming he had travelled far which would have necessitated you respond in like manner.

It's a forum we have all come to learn, and it will be nice we keep it at that.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:33am On Dec 07, 2020
true2home:
You kuku know me, i am looking at this already. And that una Tiles, i hate with passion and looking for affordable alternatives. I will even prefer Rug self but dusty naija discounted that option. In high End hotel in the "ABROAD", i no dey see all these elaborate POP or Tiles anywhere. EKO with our self imposed costly wahala.

This is an example of what I meant by overbuilding in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2020
Good morning to all and sundry, OAK Group wishes us a blessed week.
Let's all keep staying safe.
OAK Group remains your plug to excellent architectural designs and building constructional works.
+2348108408732
You may want to check out out tread of an ongoing construction of semi detached duplex.
https://www.nairaland.com/6266944/construction-semi-detached-duplex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 8:48am On Dec 07, 2020
Come and calm me down in my house. Did my observations on those u mentioned wrong or am i the only one that had the bad experience with them . Sorry u cant stop me from expressing myself in a faceless forum so get busy, it's Monday morning .
beebah247:

This woman calm down and take things easy. It seems you find it so easy to talk to people anyhow. You have been quite insultive on this platform and someone needs to tell you this. From checkitout, Dennis3D, and now this person have all been victims of your uncouthness.

There is also a high level of pride and arrogance in you that needs to be tamed, and I'll advice you work on it. The man made a honest contribution to an on going discussion, all for you to come and tell us in your response you have travelled far and wide. Who needs to hear that here? Or how was his initial post claiming he had travelled far which would have necessitated you respond in like manner.

It's a forum we have all come to learn, and it will be nice we keep it at that.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2020
Enyinne:
Come and calm me down in my house. Did my observations on those u mentioned wrong or am i the only one that had the bad experience with them . Sorry u cant stop me from expressing myself in a faceless forum so get busy, it's Monday morning .

With all your arrogance, constructing a simple statement correctly in english is difficult for you.

Again how did my post translate to "stopping you from expressing yourself"? Maybe comprehension is also a challenge.

Mine was an advice which you are free to accept or reject.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2020
n3xt:

If the price of Plasterboard and POP cement are beyond me, I’ll go for exposed beam joist ceiling.

Naija can’t hold me to ransom cool
Houses with beam joist ceiling worth a fortune here, a potential european buyer is willing to drop his €€€ to acquire such building, it's classic and preserves their old technology of building houses, however maintenance and renovation work are costly.
They are still very popular in German countryside houses, mix of old and new technology, in some houses the woods for the beams are dated over 1000 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:27am On Dec 07, 2020
n3xt:

I wish those who call out artisans and dishonest contractors on this platform will rise up in time like this though.

cool

______
The situation is already looking like President Buhari’s selective anti-corruption drive.
The name calling would persist until we learn how to delegate responsibilities, recognise and pay for expert services.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2020
Parapet dressing, how much do they charge per meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

This is an example of what I meant by overbuilding in Nigeria.

Traveling through a more advanced sister West African country recently, not a single 9 inch block to be spotted in all the ongoing residential building works around, some quite complicated and tall.

Using 5 inch solid blocks was the norm and the carcasses even looked lithe and beautiful and could therefore seemingly lend themselves to further creative finishes, this compared to the 'monstrosities' (IMO) we seem to favor in Naija, my own building at the carcasss stage included.

Who did us this thing?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
davodyguy:

I think someone already did the analysis and said the Gypsum board is more expensive.

I don't mind exploring.

It's costing me ₦1,300,000 and I'll love alternative, which I can then screed

Do you have the link of any installer ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2020
jabolo:

Traveling through a more advanced sister West African country recently, not a single 9 inch block to be spotted in all the ongoing residential building works around, some quite complicated and tall.

Using 5 inch solid blocks was the norm and the carcasses even looked lithe and beautiful and could therefore seemingly lend themselves to further creative finishes, this compared to the 'monstrosities' (IMO) we seem to favor in Naija, my own building at the carcasss stage included.

Who did us this thing?

The system that produced us.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
We construct Bio (Modern Sockaway)

The advantages of Bio Digester toilet are as follows:
No Dislodging of Human Waste
It's eco-friendly
No foul smell
Needs only a small space
Suitable for any soil condition
No contamination of groundwater etc

Check my signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2020
5.40 metres (18 feet).
JustCryptos:
Please what's the complete length of a 16mm square rod and that of a 2 by 3 pipe?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gandkiss: 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
topsy23:

A length of of original DIGNITY pipe is 3m and we have 25pcs in a bundle for both 29mm and 25mm

ORIGINAL ABB distribution board
D8 3-phase 68000
D6 3-phase 56000
D5 single phase 24500(no D6)
D8 single phase 30000

Does the D8..TPN include breakers or just the box,?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
gandkiss:

Does the D8..TPN include breakers or just the box,?

Complete with MCB's
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gandkiss: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
topsy23:

Complete with MCB's

Do you also have MEM & ETN and what are there prices
(d8 TPN
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
gandkiss:

Do you also have ME & ETN and what are there prices
(d8 TPN

For original ETN MEM D8 77,000
For Havel D8 66,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
jabolo:

Who did us this thing?

I asked this question before but got no answer.

Who set the 6” and 9” standard and is it a standard actually?

I’m toying with setting up an automated block factory to manufacture architectural level blocks. But I only want to produce one size. I’ll put my 6” against any regular 9”. (Still talking about blocks, for the perverts) grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
lol 6" against 9"

God help una grin grin grin
EgunMogaji2:

I’m toying with setting up an automated block factory to manufacture architectural level blocks. But I only want to produce one size. I’ll put my 6” against any regular 9”. (Still talking about blocks, for the perverts) grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igbonla(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2020
A ghost follower of this thread for a long while, but want to commend @darenyx and @QSFemi for their professionalism and very nice disposition. I contacted both gentlemen and ended up commissioning them for their services, I got seamless experiences that were expeditiously delivered and wished life with Nigerians was that easy!

I picked @darenyx because of the recommendation by @EgunMogaji2 while @QSFemi's reputation precedes him, he is all over the thread dishing out free opinions.

Thanks guys and best of luck in your journey.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igbonla(m): 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
I am in need of the services of a project engineer to supervise the construction of the frame/superstructure of a residential building in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
igbonla:
A ghost follower of this thread for a long while, but want to commend @darenyx and @QSFemi for their professionalism and very nice disposition. I contacted both gentlemen and ended up commissioning them for their services, I got seamless experiences that were expeditiously delivered and wished life with Nigerians was that easy!

I picked @darenyx because of the recommendation by @EgunMogaji2 while @QSFemi's reputation precedes him, he is all over the thread dishing out free opinions.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2020
igbonla:
I am in need of the services of a project engineer to supervise the construction of the frame/superstructure of a residential building in Ibadan.

@KolaShangOne

Out of curiosity, which area of Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Even the 9" blocks are no longer accurate

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igbonla(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2020
Thank you bro. Will reach out to him

The project is at Oluyole Estate.

EgunMogaji2:

@KolaShangOne

Out of curiosity, which area of Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2020
Thank you boss for your patronage.

igbonla:

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EDWNigLtd: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
16mm is 40ft but most times its less than that, so I like measuring with 38ft or 38.5ft

The 2 be inch pipe is 12ft in length, that's 4m max but again, most don't get up to that.

JustCryptos:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2020
EDWNigLtd:
16mm is 40ft but most times its less than that, so I like measuring with 38ft or 38.5ft

The 2 be inch pipe is 12ft in length, that's 4m max but again, most don't get up to that.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dammybrite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.