Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387693 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
My seller just informed me that a bag of cement will be sold 4,000 from monday. I’m postponing my plastering till next year, this is too much already.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jasobry:

I'm sorry i may not be able to answer the question here. Thanks
ok but it there a room there?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
My seller just informed me that a bag of cement will be sold 4,000 from monday. I’m postponing my plastering till next year, this is too much already.
cement will come down, do not forget they can't store it for too long, Demand will go down fast
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
Bakin3:

The Biofil toilet digester system is a modern waste (toilet) management technology; it’s a small enclosed concrete chamber that replaces the septic tank or manhole and requires only a small space (Land).

Its’ construction is cheaper and safer compare to Septic tanks or Man-hole system. The digester mimics decomposition in natural environments: living organisms/bacteria in an enclosed concrete chamber that treat all decayable matter (human waste) through aerobic decomposition.

It is environmentally friendly, very hygienic, produces no odor and very cheap to install in your home or office.

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
I’m trying to decide what kind of 4” pipe I’m to use for my plumbing work.
The grey colored pipe with yellow tin line (naija) or the blue one.
I’d love to know the difference tho I noticed the blue one is longer than the grey colored pipe.

erico2k2:

cement will come down, do not forget they can't store it for too long, Demand will go down fast
Thats why I’ve decided to wait till there’s a reduction in the price.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
I’d love to know the difference tho I noticed the blue one is longer than the grey colored pipe.

Me too Im gonna wait no rush
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
DancingSkeleton:

It will but May not so soon... probably when the rains start
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

can I ask a question pls, what's the functionality of an open window in the roof?
Is this a window to a room

Attic
Illumination
Ventilation
Security post
I pass my neighbor

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
coldcandy:

Attic
Illumination
Ventilation
Security post
I pass my neighbor

grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
coldcandy:

Attic
Illumination
Ventilation
Security post
I pass my neighbor
I don die grin grin grin grin, I think the I pass my neighbour explains it more cos in the west its for loft conversion or rooms only 9ja took this to a diff level

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

I don die grin grin grin grin, I think the I pass my neighbour explains it more cos in the west its for loft conversion or rooms only 9ja took this to a diff level

The provision is highly functional. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jasobry:

erm for? cos I have asked for its functionality b4 no answer!we are here to learn!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jasobry:

Could this be some kind of modern shrine or slaughter house? Just wondering why it's a secret.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

erm for? cos I have asked for its functionality b4 no answer!we are here to learn!

Which i said can't be shared here for personal reasons... I guess someone listed some possible reasons.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jasobry:

Which i said can't be shared here for personal reasons... I guess someone listed some possible reasons.
Noted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2020
n3xt:

No! I do not offer this service.

However, you can also achieve any design with plasterboards.
The one #Spyder880 did look nice in my opinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
gbadexy:

I make and supply paints. Regal paint.

Do you subscribe to DIY painting for homeowners?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by b2212(m): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
How much does a bag retail for?

kopell:
Anyone in need of this product can try this local manufactural in Nigeria. An indigenous plaster of Paris Delfak Nigeria limited is now open in Gombe-Potiskum road, Bajoga, North East Nigeria by NCCE Mining, a Chinese mining company. We are looking for dependent and independence distributors to market Naica Gip to end users or moulders.

Naica Gip benefits

1. From Natural Gypsum Ore
2. Super strong. The finished product will give u sound of metal.
3. It uses less sponge to strengthen it.
4. It can produce more products with one bag than other POP
5. No odour, No pollutant
6. Once applied with paint, the colour of the paint will stay same for ever. The colour of the paint will not change or fade.
7. Nigeria local manufacturer make it and shall be available aways.
8. We can customise the products and can produce according the different requirement for the products.
9. If dissatisfied with the products, you can always return and get refunded.
Contact Tolani Marketing manager on 081324570ninety-six
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

https://www.nairaland.com/5481580/naica-pop-made-nigeria-pop#83280972

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

can I ask a question pls, what's the functionality of an open window in the roof?
Is this a window to a room

The primary purpose is for ventilation
We have many type of building vent.
This one you asked is ROOF VENT

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
rotecch77:

The primary purpose is for ventilation
We have many type of building vent.
This one you asked is ROOF VENT
Bro look closely what you posted are not vents they are actually ROOMS!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gameboy55: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
davodyguy:

Of I had seen this earlier, may be I wouldn't have invested about ₦2m on Wall Screed.

I'm particular about cosmetic cracks that the plasterers always blame on plaster sand. Hence, opted for POP.

I'll definitely use satin paint

wall screed 2m, damn

there is a very very cheap way to achieve dat with less than 50k (depending on the size of your project) and to me its best, becos it does not peel off after sometime like that of top bond nd pop combination

in south here, its called plaster screeding, WHY because, its goes along with your plastering

as soon as the walls is plastered and allowed to dry (to the point if you apply force on it won't spoil the job) you mix few quantity of pop cement with water nd add a little quantity of black cement nd stir properly

use a screeding brush to apply the solution on your plastered walls and smooth with sand paper wen dry

its very beautiful (very smooth nd cellophane like walls)
its the cheapest method you can get
nd it last longer than top bond method which paints usually peels off on most occasions

I used just one bag of pop cement for both inside, outside, and parapet screeding for my 4bedroom bungalow with labour not up to 40k. It was done by those doing the plastering

the attacted fence including the four sides inside fence walls (100 by 50) was done with half bag of pop cement. labour was less than 30k.

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2020
JustCryptos:

Do you subscribe to DIY painting for homeowners?
If the owner is up to it, why not. I've been told countless times by diasporas who paint their houses abroad.
I started believing when my friend told me that courtesy of YouTube, he changes his car engine oil and do several things he paid to have done while in Nigeria.
It would not be practical in a multi storey building. Especially the external.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
gameboy55:

wall screed 2m, damn

there is a very very cheap way to achieve dat with less than 50k (depending on the size of your project) and to me its best, becos it does not peel off after sometime like that of top bond nd pop combination

in south here, its called plaster screeding, WHY because, its goes along with your plastering

as soon as the walls is plastered and allowed to dry (to the point if you apply force on it won't spoil the job) you mix few quantity of pop cement with water nd add a little quantity of black cement nd stir properly

use a screeding brush to apply the solution on your plastered walls and smooth with sand paper wen dry

nd it last longer than top bond method which paints usually peels off on most occasions

I used just one bag of pop cement for both inside, outside, and parapet screeding for my 4bedroom bungalow with labour not up to 40k. It was done by those doing the plastering

the attacted fence including the four sides inside fence walls (100 by 50) was done with half bag of pop cement. labour was less than 30k.
This here is something that would work. The pop cement slurry would set together with the cement plaster and it has a surface that is soft to be sandpapered.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
gameboy55:

wall screed 2m, damn

This is interesting and worth giving a try.

For my fencing, I can try this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2020
gbadexy:

This here is something that would work. The pop cement slurry would set together with the cement plaster and it has a surface that is soft to be sandpapered.
Is it something you can do in Lagos, based on all he said?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
davodyguy:

Is it something you can do in Lagos, based on all he said?
I don't do application and from the description, it would have to be done by the people doing the plastering because it must still be workable and not totally set.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

Bro look closely what you posted are not vents they are actually ROOMS!
More like a pent (pent house pent room)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
gbadexy:

I don't do application and from the description, it would have to be done by the people doing the plastering because it must still be workable and not totally set.
My bricklayer is not an engineer, but Baba Taye (Èjíré)

Baba has been on the job for over 60 years. I hope it's something baba can do wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
davodyguy:

My bricklayer is not an engineer, but Baba Taye (Èjíré)

Baba has been on the job for over 60 years. I hope it's something baba can do wink
I think he should be able to do it. If they can use raw cement to dress cement plaster, they could use pop cement and portland cement mix.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
davodyguy:

More like a pent (pent house pent room)
Nah its a completely functional room, I have lived in one of them B4 back I n the days,its not square at the top there is one I n front of me, its dark if not would have taken pictures and sometimes you can do a loft conversion and build such into it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2020
gbadexy:

I think he should be able to do it. If they can use raw cement to dress cement plaster, they could use pop cement and portland cement mix.
We would try it definitely for fencing.

Material and Labor for Screeding my building has cost us over ₦2m if not more

Pop Cement, Top bond, Pop Emulsion Paint, Fillers, binding wire, marine board cost cost over ₦1.6m. Labour is over ₦700k.

6 months ago, we would have spent half of this amount for same job when POP cement cost just ₦4000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:50am On Dec 13, 2020
n3xt:

My supplier said it’s now #8,500 but here’s what I could get from the online market.

Even at 9,000 per 3.6sqm board, 3 board (N27,000) will cover a 12 x 12 room (plain design) which makes it more cheaper than traditional POP casting done at 4,000/sqm (we don’t know the new rate now).

Three months ago, the board was sold 5,500 - 7,500

But the N4,000 per square meter for POP includes labour cost and all associated cost.

But the price you quoted (N27,000) plasterboard is just for the plasterboard only. You still need installation materials cost, screeding (finishing) materials and labour cost. By the time you factor these in, the cost difference may not be as clear cut. We've been here before just recently.

So to get a clearer perspective, how much will YOU charge per square meter using plasterboard? Or better put; how much do YOU charge using plasterboard? Give this figure and if the price is truly cheaper, I'm sure a Nairalander may take up your quote and come back to give a rating.

So come out transparently and quote jobs using plasterboard as an alternative. Only then can you kill off the debate. Same for the adhesive brand your are 'promoting'.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.