Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4380277 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:42am On Jan 16, 2021
Person2person:

you can get the doors between 90k to 120k, depends on the designs and level of finishing.

quality wood polish are used on such job, and an experienced spraying man for quality delivery.

this is not the 'kiakia' type of work because the wood may need some time to dry up to get a perfect finishing when polished.

As at 2012 that I first met Olumide, his bedroom doors are around 350k. His entrance doors are over 1.2m/door

You won’t contest the price if you see the finishing of the doors.

________

If we intend to use his doors on any project, we tell him immediately we start the foundation work. He does not use just any type of wood.
Recently he did a house in banana island where he use a 100 years old cedar. That door was one of the unique selling points of the luxury apartment.

________

I know there are lots of lookalikes but you can tell the big difference when you see Geometro Doors.

Here are some of amazing doors by another great guy Edgar

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 3:47am On Jan 16, 2021
Please I need someone that can do pop ceiling design in Ekpoma Edo state. I will also appreciate any recommendation. Thanks
@rotecch77
@dominionng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:52am On Jan 16, 2021
redcliff:

is this the normal H rod for an overhead tank? this looks very thin. I want to do one and I assume there must be something thicker than this right?
the H beans are 6 by 3 channel. There are like 8 by 4 and 8 by 8 and there are even smaller channels but they all depends on the load and needs. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of tank do you plan on doing

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 4:40am On Jan 16, 2021
Good morning all my boss in this house!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:03am On Jan 16, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 5:17am On Jan 16, 2021
Dijita:
Please guys can anyone advise on the genuineness of the 50 years warranty been offered on stone coated roofing sheets? Money if you can chipped in it will be highly appreciated

Just add 50 years to your age.. I don't believe those word's. Warranty is usually on aluminium not colour change.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:30am On Jan 16, 2021
spyder880:

I stand with megacontrol on this, the first door looks too fanciful for a bakery, look for something more solid.

Thanks @ megacontrol and you too sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:34am On Jan 16, 2021
Focusmind:

Bro, don't even think of using all those shiny metal doors. Please use that Israeli security door. Very matured. How much is it in the market now?

Thanks chief, the door is NAIJA made by one of my guy here more reliable than that of foreign ones
130k for 3ft size.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2021
n3xt:

As at 2012 that I first met Olumide, his bedroom doors are around 350k. His entrance doors are over 1.2m/door

________

If we intend to use his doors on any project, we tell him immediately we start the foundation work. He does not use just any type of wood.
Recently he did a house in banana island where he use a 100 years old cedar. That door was one of the unique selling points of the luxury apartment.

________

I know there are lots of lookalikes but you can tell the big difference when you see Geometro Doors.

Nice doors.

But ehn, one entrance door for N1.2m price tag must led one to the promise land grin

Note: There are doors in those price ranges and some that cost more than that... not sure if the trees they used in the construction were bottle fed from nursery grin but people that could afford it do go for them.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2021
Badgers14:

Nice doors.

But ehn, one entrance door for N1.2m price tag must led one to the promise land grin

Note: There are doors in those price ranges and some that cost more than that... not sure if the trees they used in the construction were bottle fed from nursery grin but people that could afford it do go for them.

The new price tag of some of the doors is even over N2m.

Check https://equinoxcollections.com/product-category/home-furniture/doors/security-doors/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:41am On Jan 16, 2021
Good morning everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2021
mountmoriah:
We supply hardwood for roofing

2x2 for nogging

2x3 for purlin

2x4 for rafters and strut

2x6 for king post

3x4 for wall plate

1x12 for facial board

We also suppy softwoods for house decking, lintels and pillars, including nails

We accept payment on delivery

Call or Whatsapp 07062629505 for more information

Below is a testimony of a satisfied customer

https://www.kobocity.com/d/33/5

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aquilapriscilla: 9:37am On Jan 16, 2021
Hi, this thing has been giving us alot of headache.
Please what can I do to stop this . Thank you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2021
soonest:
@muyi002, please are you done plastering your house. How much was the total workmanship

Bros I never finish o.

Cement price hike stalled the job. And for now no funds.

So far, workmanship is 49k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:03am On Jan 16, 2021
rotecch77:

Thanks chief, the door is NAIJA made by one of my guy here more reliable than that of foreign ones
130k for 3ft size.

Nigerians are doing very fine in craft works now. It looks strong like those Israeli' own. Consider changing the handle. I like those small square-shaped handles that looks cute and heavy. But if the client is Ok with the current handle, no problem.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2021
michlins:
the H beans are 6 by 3 channel. There are like 8 by 4 and 8 by 8 and there are even smaller channels but they all depends on the load and needs. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of tank do you plan on doing

overhead tank.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:21am On Jan 16, 2021
n3xt:

The new price tag of some of the doors is even over N2m.

Check https://equinoxcollections.com/product-category/home-furniture/doors/security-doors/

What's the life span of these doors?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:25am On Jan 16, 2021
bixton:

What's the life span of these doors?

I can guarantee you the doors are everlasting.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:54am On Jan 16, 2021
redcliff:

overhead tank.
it's not enough information. What's the height, the size of tank(s) you intend to have. That will help me with determining the materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:54am On Jan 16, 2021
rotecch77:

130k for 3ft size.

Is there a website to see more of these doors or can you share more pix of them alongside various prices.

Also just out of curiosity what's the life span of the doors?

You can send pix of them to +2349.02777.9642 if it's more convenient.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2021
Muyi002:

Bros I never finish o.

Cement price hike stalled the job. And for now no funds.

So far, workmanship is 49k

We dey same motor,I did the external at 4k for cement. Used 70 bags.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2021
michlins:
it's not enough information. What's the height, the size of tank(s) you intend to have. That will help me with determining the materials

oh Sorry, this i don't know yet. I am certain that the building has a pent house so it would be definitely higher than normal. Lets imagine it the height of a 2 storey building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2021
please who has an idea of someone who does this

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2021
redcliff:

oh Sorry, this i don't know yet. I am certain that the building has a pent house so it would be definitely higher than normal. Lets imagine it the height of a 2 storey building.
two 1000 gallons and another 750 gallons at the middle. Something like this below.

6 by 3 channel will be able to handle it perfectly

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ndyoo(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2021
How many of you have gotten approval to build in the southeast? Onitsha to be precise. I want to know how to go about it. Someone told me it's better to let the engineer that will do the build go for the approval. I am not on ground so I don't know how to go about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2021
Aquilapriscilla:
Hi, this thing has been giving us alot of headache.
Please what can I do to stop this . Thank you

It may be a case of rising damp. It normally occures where there's no DPM and German floor.

It could be very difficult to arrest, but one sure way to minimize this situation is to keep water away from your foundation by flooring the compound with a rich mix ratio and bevel the flooring that water rushes away from the compound when it rains.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
redcliff:
please who has an idea of someone who does this
dominionng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ndyoo:
How many of you have gotten approval to build in the southeast? Onitsha to be precise. I want to know how to go about it. Someone told me it's better to let the engineer that will do the build go for the approval. I am not on ground so I don't know how to go about it.

Building in Anambra? Here's all you need to know: https://www.kobocity.com/d/88-building-in-anambra/6

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ndyoo:
if you want to build with ease, Nnewi is your sure bet. Their lands are expensive but once you pay, you don't worry about anyone stopping your works. The usual issues of area boys stopping work and forcing you pay stipend anytime you bring material to site no dey. ..

Just buy your land, do the tradition of killing a "he goat" and settle the agents involved. Secure the land with fence and anytime you're ready, you can start building. That's one of the few things I love about this town

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
n3xt:

________

________

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Engrgreg231(m): 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
Please can 500k build a 1bed room flat just want something for my mom
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2021
Pls this guy's olumide and Edgar can you send their phone number to me on humokwara@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.