Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391477 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
Scores of Frequently Asked Questions on Approval & Documentation in Lagos State

All the need-to-know-information is right here >> https://www.kobocity.com/d/84-faq-lagos-state-physical-planning-permit-authority-laspppa/49

- Definitions
- Setback Requirements
- Procedures for obtaining development permit in Lagos.
- How to fast track your approval process
- Address of the 20 District Offices in Lagos
- Links to Lagos state e-OmPanning Permit online portal
- and more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 1:10am On Jan 15, 2021
We are just starting decking form work by Monday...tomorrow is a bit too soon..
n3xt:

150 bags of cement @2900 + 50 offloading fee is ready for delivery in atan ota tomorrow if you’re ready for it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 3:21am On Jan 15, 2021
kiekie1:
Quality products at discounted price!!

- Genus 12v 230a tubular batteries .... 125,000
- Vision 12v 200a agm battery ........... 120,000
- USA Trojan 12v 205a battery ........... 195,000
- USA Trojan 12v 170a flooded battery .. 90,000
- Schneider 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter ... 80,000 , For 2 units above .. 75,000
- Axpert 3000w 24v hybrid inverter (with 40a mppt) .... 160,000
- Pro foreign solar roof mount set (Takes up to 4 units of 400w solar panels).... 35,000
- Local solar roof mount set .... 15,000

Contact us for any of your power inverter , solar system needs as we're affiliated with renewable energy companies enlisted below:

- Solar shop Africa
- Genus
- Luminous
- Felicity
- Icell power
- Proton power
- Foresolar
- Epever
- Cobalt
- Era solar
- JA solar
- Must power
- Prag
- Schneider
- Victron systems
- Canadian solar
- Jinko
- Morningstar
- Magnum
- Midnite
- Ultron systems
- SMA
- Ritar
- Fullriver
- Yingli
- SMS solar lights , batteries & inverter systems
- Keye solar lights
- Multipower
- SMK
- Gennex
- Flames
- Monbat
- Fangpuson
- LD solar
- Apodon
- SRNE
- Vmax
- Ipanda
- Growatts
- Aimspower
- Sorotec
- Voltronic
- German hoppecke
- German Phocos
- Multifit
- Psmart
- Signeer

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620
/
Given an electrical diagram of a building, can you estimate with reasonable accuracy the load and put together an estimate of stand alone setup to power it?

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 3:26am On Jan 15, 2021
Modemy:

Though am a silent reader on this forum but I need to say something on the issue of regulatory agency in lagos, Honestly they are not helping potential builder at all. In my own case I almost abandoned the project when I realised the money I will need to pay Lagos state govt before I can start building .
Imagine paying 1.5m for tax when such money can go a long way in building process not to talk of other agency involved in building approval. For me you must be prepared when building in Lagos.
Except you want short cut which is very risky and can make you pay more at the end of the day
/
I believe in K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple & Stvpid). After perusing the complex, complicated and confusing land purchase and Approval process (not excluding the ridiculous litany of acronyms) in Lagos State, I will never venture into any real estate development in that State even in the next life. Those who love stress can go ahead.

/

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:47am On Jan 15, 2021
n3xt:

I am Bosun or Brabus

Good. Yes, this looks like it but the one I was looking for had something like iron as the support, with rectangular hardwood as the seater/bench.

Bros, Bosun or Bradus is an Engineer naa grin or no be so? I am surprised that you didn't like title like most Nigerians. It is in Nigeria that I started seeing this appellations before some peoples' names: "Builder", "Pharm", "Surveyor", "Architect",

However, I respect your decision.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2021
Focusmind:

Good. Yes, this looks like it but the one I was looking for had something like iron as the support, with rectangular hardwood as the seater/bench.

Bros, Bosun or Bradus is an Engineer naa grin or no be so? I am surprised that you didn't like title like most Nigerians. It is in Nigeria that I started seeing this appellations before some peoples' names: "Builder", "Pharm", "Surveyor", "Architect",

However, I respect your decision.

Hehehe or Engr pastor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:21am On Jan 15, 2021
twinskenny:

Hehehe or Engr pastor

Snr. Engr Twinskenny, I’ll report you o!

In Nigeria, once you take up a supervisory role on any construction project (even if it’s a septic tank) and you’re the making all the decisions and payments and all sorts - you’ve automatically become an engineer.

If you now manage to put one construction hardhat at the back of your car, you’re a big engineer.

If you manage to drive any truck grin grin you’re ALL in all.

_______

Some clients do give their supervisors these names just to massage their ego. “I’m using an Engr. on my project grin

The question to ask is “What do Engineers really do?

Setting the stage, picking the best players and watching out for things that can undermine result is not an Engineers job. I think a PM perfectly fit that description but a lot of things no longer surprise me in Nigeria.
Fortunately we have a course in that field - Construction Project Management.

Buying granite and cement is not what engineers do grin grin Any Baba Lati with many years of experience in construction can do that.

________

I did a project sometimes ago, we engaged Certified Professionals as Consultant Engineers and they only show up at every critical stage of work to cross the t’s and dot the i’s.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:38am On Jan 15, 2021
Focusmind:

Could it be any of these benches?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:59am On Jan 15, 2021
I used to think Solar Energy is a sign of end-time until my friend, Engr mank1234u grin grin gave us all the information about the divisibility of atom and the hibernation of the goldfish on solar energy.

Intellectual discussion on Solar Energy for Beginners here: https://www.kobocity.com/d/42-solar-energy-for-beginners/20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:03am On Jan 15, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:48am On Jan 15, 2021
n3xt:

Snr. Engr Twinskenny, I’ll report you o!

In Nigeria, once you take up a supervisory role on any construction project (even if it’s a septic tank) and you’re the making all the decisions and payments and all sorts - you’ve automatically become an engineer.

If you now manage to put one construction hardhat at the back of your car, you’re a big engineer.

If you manage to drive any truck grin grin you’re ALL in all.

_______

Some clients do give their supervisors these names just to massage their ego. “I’m using an Engr. on my project grin

The question to ask is “What do Engineers really do?

Setting the stage, picking the best players and watching out for things that can undermine result is not an Engineers job. I think a PM perfectly fit that description but a lot of things no longer surprise me in Nigeria.
Fortunately we have a course in that field - Construction Project Management.

Anybody can also answer a PM just same way they answer Engineer.

As regards CPM.....what do they teach them in the Nigerian institutions especially those who take it as first degree course?

Out of boredom I went back to school to do PM(MBA). I wanted to see how different it is to the short duration program of P2/PMP.

I saw people who had done PM as first degree coming back to do same as B.Sc. I asked them apart from getting the certificate what is the difference in the course outline between both degrees?

Buying granite and cement is not what engineers do grin grin Any Baba Lati with many years of experience in construction can do that.

How can you send him on an errand when you can make him a foreman in the site. cool shocked

I did a project sometimes ago, we engaged Certified Professionals as Consultant Engineers and they only show up at every critical stage of work to cross the t’s and dot the i’s.

Of course that's their job....do you expect them to sit in the site with small boys..... grin grin.
I hope you bought them their preferred delicacy before they went back to do their reports.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:57am On Jan 15, 2021
n3xt:
Kobocity Design Reviews

https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-biluder/52

No one sees his design flaws except it's sent out for criticism. Though there's actually no perfect design. Some are appreciated. But many of those appreciated are what the clients finally wants or the best of the designer at that time given the circumstances.

Many a designer are great in 3D outlook( exterior) of their builds but the flowness of the internal is nothing to write about not even like a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2021
Please will 100mm by 45mm H-Beam be sufficient to carry 2400liters of water for a one storey building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:44am On Jan 15, 2021
Alternative Construction Materials: Sandcrete Block for better insulation.

Check it out on https://www.kobocity.com/d/85-special-sandcrete-construction-block

- Where it’s being used?
- What it Cost?
- What are the immediate Gains?

We are no longer in the 19th century. There are better and modern materials out there. Be in the know!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2021
n3xt:

Check it out on https://www.kobocity.com/d/85-special-sandcrete-construction-block

- Where it’s being used?
- What it Cost?

We are no longer in the 19th century. There are better and modern materials out there. Be in the know!

What's the size of this block?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:23am On Jan 15, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Given an electrical diagram of a building, can you estimate with reasonable accuracy the load and put together an estimate of stand alone setup to power it?

/

Yes Sir we can assist with your stand alone set up as desired... Kindly reach us via contact below for estimates as most prospects do . Thanks

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AppDevt: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2021
Engr Jude( Skimanski) , The roof job you were given is still pending , I got your contacts from Nairaland a d i dint think i should suffer this way .
what is the way forward ?
@Lawyer ,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2021
n3xt:

- Where it’s being used?
- What it Cost?

Where can these be used?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2021
Jasobry:

Where can these be used?

Typical residential construction project.

bixton:

What's the size of this block?

Size: 10in
Strength: 30mpa

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 11:28am On Jan 15, 2021
n3xt:

Could it be any of these benches?

I think the first one but seems to be come with iron instead of wood. I think Oga Eguns is trying to replicate that bench type via DIY
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2021
MATERIAL SUPPLIERS NEEDED URGENTLY

Good morning,
Pls is there anyone selling the following items in this location... "Ile Ife" 5mins from Obafemi Awolowo University...

- Granite
- Sharp Sand
- Wood
- Boards
- Iron/reinforcement of different sizes.
- Bags of Nail

Kindly reach me on direct call or Whatsapp on 07038166370

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:34am On Jan 15, 2021
sinorte:
Please will 100mm by 45mm H-Beam be sufficient to carry 2400liters of water for a one storey building?
sure why not. Just make sure the foundation is strong enough

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adebhayor(m): 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
vickzie:
why does everyone have to pass through the sitting room to access the rest of the building. big rooms, tiny wardrobes, tiny kitchen store, put shelves and you can barely enter the store again. master bathroom intruding sitting space. poor planning and space management.
Can you help me design a standard plan for a 4bedroom bungalow. You can reach me on 08030993403. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
michlins:
sure why not. Just make sure the foundation is strong enough

Thank you sir.

By strong foundation, I'm sure you mean good size and fantastic mix ratio.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
sinorte:

Thank you sir.

By strong foundation, I'm sure you mean good size and fantastic mix ratio.
see what I mean here.

Aside the mix ratio, ensure that you use good rods on the foundation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
Thank You!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

boay,happy new year!
How many block will it take to fence a 50ft by 50ft plot of land?
Hieght of fence:9ft

About 1560blocks. I assumed you will put a gate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Dennis3D:
MATERIAL SUPPLIERS NEEDED URGENTLY

Good morning,
Pls is there anyone selling the following items in this location... "Ile Ife" 5mins from Obafemi Awolowo University...

- Granite
- Sharp Sand
- Wood
- Boards
- Iron/reinforcement of different sizes.
- Bags of Nail

Kindly reach me on direct call or Whatsapp on 07038166370

Thanks.

I can help

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
boay:

I can help

Kindly text me. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
ArcToyin:

It can be placed in anywhere you want it. I have a client that fixed a door (exit) at dinning area apart from the one he has in the kitchen.

It is usually placed in Kitchen because that is where we also spend much time, much activities go on there.

Also, incase of fire hazard, smoke and heat generated during cooking, it is easy to exit than taking another route.

Likewise moving food items, heading out with wet or dripping laundry n the likes without messing up lot of other public spaces are also considered.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
bixton:

No one sees his design flaws except it's sent out for criticism. Though there's actually no perfect design. Some are appreciated. But many of those appreciated are what the clients finally wants or the best of the designer at that time given the circumstances.

Many a designer are great in 3D outlook( exterior) of their builds but the flowness of the internal is nothing to write about not even like a pinch of salt.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
michlins:
see what I mean here.

Aside the mix ratio, ensure that you use good rods on the foundation

Always use tying wire instead of welding the rods next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Anthony223 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.